PDA

View Full Version : The Book Of Tool

Vpaah
08-25-2006, 11:39 AM
Ok, I have noticed some things and I think they are best aired that you all may be able to use them and work with them to attain better understanding of the albums artwork

The most important thing to be noticed is the book in Danny’s picture, it is (as mentioned on the tool web site) the book of Thoth by Crowley

Also as shown in the zoomed in view of Danny’s picture one page before he has a deck of taro cards, Crowley’s deck, from that same book.

Bare with me as what im about to say will tie in with the book and cards later

The First page says "Tool 10000 days", on its back is a start design, look at it, one star correct?
now look at the back of the next page
two stars
the next page?
three
and so on with 4, 5, 6 up to where 7 should be, where there is one star
the eight star is one star with eight points
and next also has eight
the one after has nine visible points
the final 3 stars with the goggle demonstration in front of them have ten visible points
by that i mean there are ten points un-obscured in anyway

the star which should be 7 and the second star with eight points remain a mystery to me. if anyone can shed light on this it would be appreciated

now the sequence 1 2 3 4 5 6 (7) 8 9 10 accompanied by the tarot is surely no coincidence

This sequence of ten numbers has much significance with the tarot, see The Book of Thoth (Tree of Life)

now to the pictures themselves
it is my belief that these pictures may correspond in some way to the trump cards of the Egyptian tarot

for example the elements feature heavily in the tarot and are signified in the pictures,
Justin-Bird-Air
Danny-Thing in box-Fire (spirit?)
Adam-Liquidity in Jars- Water
Maynard- Phallic Symbol Of Building- Earth

if we take Danny’s as being fire then all that remains is spirit and the final picture of Greys work definitely symbolizes that

Any help anyone can offer with this theory would be much appreciated as it is of course full of holes…………

new millenium cyanide christ
08-25-2006, 01:50 PM
never noticed the sequence of stars.....amazing...

IC
08-25-2006, 01:59 PM
good thinking, still some parts of the theory are weak.

nihil scimus
08-26-2006, 12:01 AM
Wow, I can't believe I never noticed all the connections... Granted I know a lot more about this stuff now than I did when the album came out, but still... I've now been puzzling over the kabalistic color corespondances within the artwork. It would seem as though, using the queen color scale, that the curtained pictures might have a connections with the moral triangle--Hesed, Gibura, and Tiferet. The colors attributed to these sephira are blue, scarlet, and gold.That would make sense if we're drawing connections with the Thoth tarot because of the color scales used throughout it. If anyone alse that knows more about this stuff than me has any other ideas they would be most appreciated.

solidabyss
08-26-2006, 08:56 AM
there is a lot of symbolism all over the album, in and out, and it can be taken from infinite points of veiws, so just find the one that suits you, and thats what it means

jonboy
08-26-2006, 04:04 PM
Dont forget the stars in the Parabola DVD cover

Ardhanarishvara
08-29-2006, 01:35 AM
nice pick up there, but try to use full stops, commas and line breaks to HELP readers, not confuse them

SpiralExit
08-30-2006, 12:37 PM
fuck, i'm impressed.