PDA

View Full Version : puzzle not solved

Identity
08-25-2006, 09:03 AM
this thread is for those who don't believe the puzzle's been solved, and would like to continue discussing it.

the woman in maynard's pic is displaying one finger with her left hand, and holding up two fingers with her right.

the skeleton in adam's pic is doing the same thing, except he has them crossed into an "A" shaped form.

Identity
08-25-2006, 09:09 AM
this is more of a stretch and not as clear, but maynard is holding up his tumb on his left hand, and sort of holding up two fingers on his right due to the way he is holding his wine glass

Identity
08-25-2006, 09:13 AM
the two pictures on the wall in danny's picture are in the same position as the two lights on the wall in adam's

Identity
08-25-2006, 09:16 AM
in the mirror in maynard's picture the woman has four fingers placed on maynard's head, and in danny's picture he has four fingers placed in a similar fashion on the skull thingy

Identity
08-25-2006, 09:34 AM
9(?) candles on the top right of justin's picture, 11 on the bootom right, 13 on the bottom left, 15(?) visible on the top left

there also seems to be 3(?) candles visible behind the bird's wings.

and is it just me or does it seem like the bird's extended wing isn't really a wing. if you look closely, the shadow cast by the white part of the wing seems to create the appearence of a wing. plus, notice there is no white feathers on its unextended visible wing.

Identity
08-25-2006, 09:37 AM
this is a big stretc, but there are two talons visible on the bird's left leg in justin's pic and one (?) on its right leg

Hagbard
08-31-2006, 07:11 PM
I really don't think there's a definitive puzzle here at all. What we have here is an abundance of esoterica throughout the pages of the artwork, and an instruction to look for something that should be obvious when we find it. That's the oldest initiation technique in the magickal book.

TWENTY-THREE
08-31-2006, 07:15 PM
Maynard's left hand pinky, A ring?

10000_is_real
09-02-2006, 07:23 AM
my wife picked up 10000 days art yesterday and siad they all look like taroh suits.........any ideas maby its a matter of finding some who is right into taroh

Identity
09-02-2006, 07:47 PM
"Maynard's left hand pinky, A ring?"

definitely...and thanks to Reagunn who scanned the pictures, as they are very helpful
http://toolnavy.com/showthread.php?t=45653

Identity
09-02-2006, 07:55 PM
"my wife picked up 10000 days art yesterday and siad they all look like taroh suits.........any ideas maby its a matter of finding some who is right into taroh"

very good. on this advice i decided to try to find out if maynard's picture matched with any taroh card. the first thing i looked at was the numbers "12" and "21" because of the way the woman is holding her fingers. her left hand displays one finger, while her right one displays two.

AND SURPRSISINGLY enough the 21rst taroh card decpits a nude woman with her legs slightly crossed. The nude woman in maynard's picture has her's slightly crossed as well. The taroh cars is called "The World".

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/The_World_%28Tarot_card%29

On first glance, I'd have to say that this seems to be a bonafide connection!

Identity
09-02-2006, 08:07 PM
on a similar note i found this rather interesting:

"...In some decks the wreath is a basilisk (crowned snake) biting its own tail - this basilisk is also sometimes called an Ouroborous."

a snake biting it's own tail! didn't tool use that as a visual at one of their shows?

and this was rather interesting as well:

" To be happy, we must feel connected - engaged with what is around us...The figure is at once male and female, above and below, suspended between the heavens and the earth. It is completeness."

apparently this card has to do with happiness, and i found this tidbit interesting due to the lyrics of "Lateralus" - to feel connected...as above so below!

Identity
09-03-2006, 01:45 AM
adam's card appears to be associated with death, which is tarot card #13. the skeleton appears in that card, and the skull on his death is Eon Blue Apocalyspe's, which was one of their dogs that died (if I'm not mistaken). wikipedia says that the death tarot card also has the remains of people of all classes. the jars certainly contain large numbers of body parts.

as i originally posted, i thought the skeleton was holding up one finger with his left, and two fingers with his right...which is unfortunately one short of 13, unless he's holding up three fingers with his right and we're unable to tell...hmmm

plus...let's just face it...adam looks like death

found this rather interesting as well:

"In the Popular TV Show The Grim Adventures of Billy and Mandy, The ending credits usually show the main characters as Tarot cards, with Grim portraying Death"

And oddly enough the show quotes: "On one occasion Mandy declared, "Do as thou wilt' shall be the whole of the law!" This is a reference to the notorious Aleister Crowley's The Book of the Law."

I think they're Crowley fans right?

I don't know what tarot cards of the other characters are.

Identity
09-03-2006, 02:07 AM
Danny might be the magician? the knife is present in both the card and danny's picture as well as flowers.

also it's kind of funny how in the close up of the body parts in jars in adams pics there is a can of oxygen in the background. perhaps part of the "death giving life" thing?

The Tower That Ate People
09-03-2006, 03:28 AM
If you take a lot of those things pictured in the artwork, and look it up on wikipedia I think you will find a lot of interesting things.

Here is one for example: The Magpie on Adams page, in the background.

This is copy-paste from wikipedia:
"The magpie is common in European folklore. Generally speaking, the bird is associated with unhappiness and trouble. This may be because of its well known tendency to "steal" shiny objects, as well as its harsh, chittering call.

An old English folk tale states that when Jesus was crucified on the cross, all of the world's birds wept and sang to comfort him in his agony. The only exception was the magpie, and for this, it is forever cursed.

In Scottish folklore, (in a story possibly related to the above) magpies were long reviled for allegedly carrying a drop of Satan's blood under their tongues.

In the British Isles a widespread (mainly found in England and Scotland and less common in Wales and Northern Ireland) traditional rhyme records the myth (it is not clear whether it has been seriously believed) that seeing magpies predicts the future, depending on how many are seen. There are many regional variations on the rhyme, which means that it is impossible to give a definitive version.

The rhyme runs:

One for anger
Two for mirth
Three for a wedding
Four for a birth
Five for rich
Six for poor
Seven for a witch
I can tell you no more."

The transperant skeleton is showing a triangle with its hands. Can we be sure that it is oxygen cans in the background, because I can't tell.

Final note: I think alchemy is holding some answers here too.

The goals of alchemy:

1. To transmutate lead into gold or silver.

2. To make an elixir that will prolong life indefinitely.

3. The transmutation of human life.

The Tower That Ate People
09-03-2006, 03:34 AM
I can't stop now...

Look at Maynards clock on the desk. It says 11. Nice reference to Jimmy perhaps.

Chronicle0
09-03-2006, 06:32 AM
Or to the approx age he was when his mother died. Well actually, that's Jimmy's meaning lol

anyways, i'm starting to think maybe the cross fingers have something to do with this:

http://toolshed.down.net/pix/shirtopiate.jpg

Identity
09-03-2006, 05:35 PM
"Can we be sure that it is oxygen cans in the background, because I can't tell."

On one of the close up pictures of Adam's picture, NOT Adam's actual picture, there is a canister in which "ygen" can be read.

Here's a link to the picture:

http://img148.imagevenue.com/img.php?loc=loc77&image=13518_Formaldehyde_Left.jpg

Excellent pickup on the magpie! And that opiate logo definitely looks like the triangle in the picture. That coupled with the fact that they are both made from skeleton's seems to be a very firm connection.

Identity
09-03-2006, 05:50 PM
"9(?) candles on the top right of justin's picture, 11 on the bootom right, 13 on the bottom left, 15(?) visible on the top left

there also seems to be 3(?) candles visible behind the bird's wings."

to expand of this, I hadn't noticed it before, but there are two colors of candles: yellow and white. so to be more specific there are:

8 white and 3 yellow candles (11 total) on the bottom right of Justin's picture, 1 white 12 yellow on the bottom left (13 total), 1 yellow and 14(?) white (15 total) on the top left, 6(?) white and 3(?) yellow on the top right (9 total).

Identity
09-03-2006, 05:58 PM
Wow! Okay, after doing the whole candle count thing, I discovered a possible connection. It is a VERY large stretch, but at the same time is kind of amazing.

Album - # of tracks

Undertow - 9/10 (depending on pressing)
10,000 Days - 11
Lateralus - 13
Aenima - 15

They coincide with the candles! don't know what connection the colors could have, if any at all.

lizbiz
09-04-2006, 06:20 AM
Wow! Okay, after doing the whole candle count thing, I discovered a possible connection. It is a VERY large stretch, but at the same time is kind of amazing.

Album - # of tracks

Undertow - 9/10 (depending on pressing)
10,000 Days - 11
Lateralus - 13
Aenima - 15

They coincide with the candles! don't know what connection the colors could have, if any at all.

Nice.

Count_Grishnackh
09-04-2006, 07:13 AM
*yawn*

BigWeenie
09-04-2006, 12:26 PM
yeah yawn, you guys are fags, all images are tied together by alchemy... the puzzle is for you to educate yourself as to these things, there is no hidden message, the journey is the prize learn about these occult mysteries that the band is also interested in. Get off their nuts they arent the new jesus. they have introduced you to some new and interesting topics have fun with them that bit about the magpie is interesting. that is the sort of thing that is the message. Learn new things. how do you suppose that counting fingers is gonna lead you anywhere. don't be stupid.

EGG-MAN
09-06-2006, 11:45 PM
the first 6 or so posts remind me of that southpark episode where earth is a reality tv show and the scientist i believe his name is jeff spouts out random shit to tie things together... In the end the top executives snort blaek and they suck each others jagons and stick their fingers in each others threshers. Damn that episode is funny. thank you alot identity. thank you for reminding how funny that episode was.

-EARTH on foggnel

jonboy
09-07-2006, 02:49 PM
The rhyme runs:

One for anger
Two for mirth
Three for a wedding
Four for a birth
Five for rich
Six for poor
Seven for a witch
I can tell you no more."

This could be a reference to the star pattern

ufopancakes
09-11-2006, 08:12 PM
Has anyone taken into consideration the numbers 4:21? On the Revolver Magazine issue that came out shortly after 10,000 days, it has a poster of Tool in a room, very 1800's style photography... but the clock reads 4:21?

jonboy
09-12-2006, 04:18 PM
"Can we be sure that it is oxygen cans in the background, because I can't tell."

On one of the close up pictures of Adam's picture, NOT Adam's actual picture, there is a canister in which "ygen" can be read.

Name another gas that ends with "ygen" that would have relevance to the picture.

Also in adams main picture you can see the gas bottle

usefulidiot5406
09-21-2006, 04:36 PM
i dont think that this has been mentioned before, but in reference to the tarot card theory there is a deck of cards in danny's picture with a cross on them

CrownOfNegativity
09-24-2006, 04:42 PM
I honestly don't think there is any puzzle.

sayten
09-26-2006, 05:26 AM
Have you ever noticed the eyes on the on the firs alex grey painting? they are gold and there is a cross in there.. now check this site.. http://www.esotericgoldendawn.com/ i think it look almost the same..

the image on the deck of cards is the key symbol of the Golden Dawn 2nd order..

do you see how this all is connected with hermetic order of the golden dawn?

Travis
09-26-2006, 05:47 AM
The fact that the pictures are stereoscopic may be used to lead to the idea that we actually only perceive two dimensions. If this were true it would relate to the sawblade on the Lateralus disk.

eternalnuisance.com
10-01-2006, 04:15 PM
I always saw the skull with the fetus in it as a representation of the developing mind. Just my two cents, perhaps each picture represents a phrase?

TurdEye13
10-03-2006, 03:13 PM
Maynard's left hand pinky, A ring?

I noticed that as well but have never really thought about it.

lizbiz
10-04-2006, 11:08 AM
I think 4:21 is a reference to getting over drugs. 4:20 is spark up time, 4:21 is past that, they are past drugs and passing on the message.... supporting comments:

1) Rosetta Stoned - a reference to irresponsible drug use
2) Aenima live - repeats the 'fuck all you junkies' line 3x instead of 3 different verses
3) ATF jacktet with the 'T' crossed out - against smoking
4) Maynard at the Columbus show: "Round on both ends and HIGH in the middle--pay attention stoners"