PDA

View Full Version : Different song order on Lateralus

Open Eye Visual
11-25-2002, 03:42 PM
Does anyone recall talks about a different song order to this album, where if you plotted numbers to form a parabola, and if you listened to the songs in that order they would fit together better. I'm really not sure exactly how it worked, I just remember that much about it. Anyone else have any clues or heard the same thing?

bmeason
11-27-2002, 01:44 AM
I don't think that has any relevence. Just some guys who have a lot of time on there hands to mess with people. I don't think you can fit the songs on the album together any better than they already are...

I mean - parabol/parabola - then disposition/reflection/triad

there is definatley only one way to listen to the album, 1-12.

-Bryan Meason

mne pohuy
11-28-2002, 09:15 AM
A parabola is a qudaratic function y=a(x+h)² + k or x=a(y+k)²+ h. The standard form for it is ax²+bx+c=0. Now you can have any variation of the coeffiecients like 2x²+9x+4. So you can plot any numbers and make any parabola, the possibilites are endless. Now, to find a track order, you would have to start out with a parabola given to you. Then you could find the vertex and zero's and compile an equation. But unless Tool has given you a parabola to figure out, i wouldn't believe that a song order is hidden on any given parabola.