PDA

View Full Version : Wraith Update

ManInBlack
05-09-2003, 11:22 AM
Wraith: The Oblivion is a whitewolf rpg. All of their games are tied into each other and all are in the same world, different supernatural creature. Most would have at least heard of Vampire: The Masquerade. Wraith deals with the dead. Ghosts live in the deadlands, a part of the spirit world that shadows our own. As the stinkfist video seems to replicate, it all seems old and decayed. "The Shadow" is a part of the wrait's mind that keeps trying to take over and fill its own hideous agenda. If a Shadow takes over the wraith falls into a nightmare state, much like a "chaotic insecure delusion." Tool's use of material about death and what seems like the afterlife made me think that they might have played wraith. Also their video of sober contains images to further prove my hypothesis. After a person dies and becomes a wraith, they are wrapped in something called a caul, it restrains them until someone like a Reaper comes along and frees them. These reapers usually sell wraiths off into slavery or, as in the aenema video, torment these new wraiths.

Adrenalin
05-12-2003, 07:05 AM
i know the game...interesting point.i am a werewolf the apocalypse fan myself.....isnt the whole idea far fetched though?

ManInBlack
06-03-2003, 03:15 PM
Of course it's all far fetched, but Maynard says in the begining of the opinion section that everything anyone has said so far is wrong. Plus, just something silly, they call themselves geeks, a title that is usually only embraced by Rpg players.

paraflux
06-05-2003, 08:23 AM
Do you get your name from the Stephen King Dark Tower series?