PDA

View Full Version : Aliens = a methaphor for his thoughts

WinkyFrog64
08-23-2006, 11:45 AM
I think he on LSD for sure. Before he is tripping he is thinking about the "whole chosen people thingy just outside Area 51". Acid amplifies what you are feeling/thinking inside. That's why when he is on the acid he comes to think he IS the "chosen one".

The gradual appearance of the aliens, is exactly how the effects of acid occur. The flaming stealth banana is the onset of the trip, the alien jumps out of the ship. He is confronted by his thought. That's why the "ET revealed his singular purpose." He is confronted by his thought, and because of his vulnerable state believes it. The drugs "showed him something".

I think it's called Rosetta Stoned, because as some have already said it is about divine communication, and the Rosetta Stone was a tool that we used to learn Egyptian (a form of communication). The Stoned part comes from the fact that he is discovering something on the drug that he should communicate to the human race. But because he is extremely high can't remember what made perfect sense to him while tripping.

So essentially what is learned on the drug IS the lost key, because he had the key while on the drug but lost it when he came down. He is saying that if you "reach a little bit of spiritual enlightenment," chances are most people don't use them responsibly enough to apply to your life. This freaked him out so badly, that he ended up going into a panicked state, which is how he appears at the hospital.

This song is saying that psychedelics can be used to contribute to spiritual enlightenment but can't fully reach it. It gives you a glimpse of what it feels like. It is "so real" while on the drug but when it dissappears, it becomes alien to your normal mindset.

TheJuiceOfSatan
08-23-2006, 11:55 AM
perhaps.

Inner_Eulogy
08-23-2006, 12:18 PM
I could agree with this idea...pretty much what I thought of it.

Terry21
08-23-2006, 04:29 PM
I kinda agree, but I also see how the song is making fun of the disappointment of the main character. Just like in dreams, he discovers something awesome, something that's finally gonna pull him out of his loser state.

He experiments with drugs and mediation and gets the result that he is expecting; partially thinking "this can't be, it's all so coincidental", partially being totally persuaded that it is real, possibly this is increased by his low self-confidence, his desperate mind that creates an illusion, working together with various drugs.

The wonderful things suddenly crash and he finds a lack in this story. He can't remember what they said. Also typical for dreams with similar plots. So basically it's a funny tragedy, lol.

But I think spirituality and drugs has definately something to do with it, because I think he is meditating at the beginning. And the Yogi DMT thing. You could be right.

slowmo
08-24-2006, 09:59 PM
I agree.
I think the song is explaining some sort of enlightenment through LSD use. I have had some trips that seem to reveal somthing very important.. One time I could not see anything in the 'real world' for about 3 hours, and saw just "astral plane". I truly felt like I was combined with part of everything in the universe; "one mind". I remember a strong, collective mind type feeling. It felt like I had a bubble around me, and when I took the LSD I kind of melted together with everything and everybody on a sub-atomic level. If you know anything of quantum mechanics, there is a theory that there is space between everything; protons, and even the nucleusus of atoms. Theoretically nothing is truly 'solid'.

When I came down it was so crazy, I couldn't believe it, and no one believed me. I do remember thinking I had found the 'key' of some kind.. Many people that take LSD tend to believe they have found something important, which I have come to think of as possibly delusional; or irrational if you will...

Some of the complex metaphors (aliens, enochian language, sacred geometry) in the lyrics/song title are obvious; however almost certainly impossible to substantiate.

tbrent21
08-25-2006, 03:06 AM
Exactly!

He's contemplating the "chosen people thingy" just outside of Area 51, next thing you know he's seeing (hallucinating) aliens who rip through the sky and then "choose" him. You are right - there has to be a connection between the contextual location and state of mind he has put himself in, and the subsequent effects that the drugs bring upon him.