every time i hear this i wish i could

superstrings19
05-22-2003, 05:33 PM
yeah, Because of this song, I had to move from the "straight" bracket

in the words of Butters from the cartoon Southpark, lord of the rings episode:

"what's going on down there?"

lachrymolonaut
06-08-2003, 02:06 AM
Not to terribly long ago I was high and soaking in the tub while listening to Salival. This song rolled around and I was just mellowing out, paying attention, but not enough to run the lyrics through my head along with the song, but when the second chorus came around, I heard "Kind of like the way you want Maynard," instead of "Kind of like the way you're breathing."

In my high state of happiness, I got quite a kick out of it, and now every time I hear the song, I hear it with the "want Maynard" line.

Now it's oh-so lusty for me. Maynard makes me happy on many levels.

BackToMyKnees
06-19-2003, 05:27 AM
You guys are creepy.....

:)

FuckJesus
06-28-2003, 12:48 PM
yeah...hahahah omgoodness...you guys are creepy...but funny. haha i love it

FuckJesus
10-30-2003, 03:41 PM
Not to terribly long ago I was high and soaking in the tub while listening to Salival. This song rolled around and I was just mellowing out, paying attention, but not enough to run the lyrics through my head along with the song, but when the second chorus came around, I heard "Kind of like the way you want Maynard," instead of "Kind of like the way you're breathing."

In my high state of happiness, I got quite a kick out of it, and now every time I hear the song, I hear it with the "want Maynard" line.

Now it's oh-so lusty for me. Maynard makes me happy on many levels.

AND THEN YOU MASTURBATED!

i brought back an old thread!

how often do you masturbate....i only do like...once or twice a week usually

corps d'allumen
11-18-2003, 02:50 PM
my opinion is that everyone should get off of maynard's dick. i'd like to hear sometime people's opinions of the music, not just what they think maynard this, maynard that... blah blah blah. how does it (the music as a whole) affect you and make you feel PERSONALLY, not the opinions of what 1/4, one man, one aspect is trying to say; he is not the whole band. there is more to it than just what he is saying; put it all together. what is the music saying to you? that should not be considered an opinion. that is like buying a car so you can sit in the parking lot wondering where the seats (the only part of the car you've acknowledged) are trying to tell you to go; ignoring the body, engine and wheels, and on top of it all, your own destination. the car is there for you to drive it to where YOU want to go. i guess thinking that you get a car to go where you want to is just an opinion, but how many other opinions really make sense? i guess if you want to pine over what something else is saying, then that's your prerogative, but what's the point? almost every 'opinion' on this site about every aspect is "i think maynard means this..." or even worse, "i think maynard THINKS that..." thinking for yourself goes deeper than what you think someone else thinks or means. it's not about maynard, it's about you; it's about the music. do you look at a painting wondering "what does that brush stroke mean?" everything comes together to make you feel something unique to yourself, inside yourself. it's just sad how everyone worships this man. if tomorrow maynard said as a joke or a metaphor "i like peanut butter" then there would be a plethora of posts to support the greatness of the nutty, non-dairy spread: why peanut butter is the greatest food of all time, how peanut butter can fortify your spirit, what time in the lunar calendar is best to smear peanut butter on your balls to make gold bars to buy more peanut butter, who has the 'correct opinion' of the peanut butter mystery, and which peanut butter you think maynard likes best (because you can't ask him). meanwhile, he might be laughing his ass off (at least i would be) because maybe he doesn't even like peanut butter, and it really isn't literally important to the music anyway. but no one would talk about how this whole peanut butter allegory has made them think and feel and realize about themselves. get off maynard's dick; if you need to be fucked by something, do it to yourself. at least by fucking yourself you find out what you like and don't like to feel. that's my opinion.

Torpid_Prey
12-01-2003, 10:30 PM
next time you try to write something long - paragraph it or no one will read it... i read the first bit and i agree with u so ill just ignore the rest if its all the same to you...

i actually think the music is very high spirited, boppy if you will. after the intro when the other instrument comes in along with the bass and guitar (whatever it is - if u kno - tell me, unless its just the guitar with a different line - i feel like shit at the moment so im finding it hard to tell), but whatever it is, its got a different feel to most tool songs.

at the end half of the second chorus, when it gets heavier, it kinda gets a bit more grungy, and carries on sounding more "too-like" with the guitar solo, and then the ending has the burps and fake farts and it gets silly beyond that point...

*** ']['orpid Prey ***

All-One-Mind
12-03-2003, 02:20 AM
my opinion is that everyone should get off of maynard's dick. i'd like to hear sometime people's opinions of the music, not just what they think maynard this, maynard that... blah blah blah. how does it (the music as a whole) affect you and make you feel PERSONALLY, not the opinions of what 1/4, one man, one aspect is trying to say; he is not the whole band. there is more to it than just what he is saying; put it all together. what is the music saying to you? that should not be considered an opinion. that is like buying a car so you can sit in the parking lot wondering where the seats (the only part of the car you've acknowledged) are trying to tell you to go; ignoring the body, engine and wheels, and on top of it all, your own destination. the car is there for you to drive it to where YOU want to go. i guess thinking that you get a car to go where you want to is just an opinion, but how many other opinions really make sense? i guess if you want to pine over what something else is saying, then that's your prerogative, but what's the point? almost every 'opinion' on this site about every aspect is "i think maynard means this..." or even worse, "i think maynard THINKS that..." thinking for yourself goes deeper than what you think someone else thinks or means. it's not about maynard, it's about you; it's about the music. do you look at a painting wondering "what does that brush stroke mean?" everything comes together to make you feel something unique to yourself, inside yourself. it's just sad how everyone worships this man. if tomorrow maynard said as a joke or a metaphor "i like peanut butter" then there would be a plethora of posts to support the greatness of the nutty, non-dairy spread: why peanut butter is the greatest food of all time, how peanut butter can fortify your spirit, what time in the lunar calendar is best to smear peanut butter on your balls to make gold bars to buy more peanut butter, who has the 'correct opinion' of the peanut butter mystery, and which peanut butter you think maynard likes best (because you can't ask him). meanwhile, he might be laughing his ass off (at least i would be) because maybe he doesn't even like peanut butter, and it really isn't literally important to the music anyway. but no one would talk about how this whole peanut butter allegory has made them think and feel and realize about themselves. get off maynard's dick; if you need to be fucked by something, do it to yourself. at least by fucking yourself you find out what you like and don't like to feel. that's my opinion.

I respect your opinion, and agree with what you said to a point... however, I would like to point out this is a public message board... so I encourage people to talk about whatever they want... including worshiping maynard if they want... it's their right, as lame as it my seem.

Torpid_Prey
12-03-2003, 01:55 PM
wow you actually read all that? :P

AllforUnity
12-13-2003, 12:56 AM
l want to see Maynard's Dick.

48&2
12-22-2003, 07:26 PM
me too

48&2
12-22-2003, 07:26 PM
m

48&2
12-22-2003, 07:27 PM
a

48&2
12-22-2003, 07:28 PM
y

48&2
12-22-2003, 07:28 PM
n

48&2
12-22-2003, 07:29 PM
ar

48&2
12-22-2003, 07:30 PM
ds

48&2
12-22-2003, 07:31 PM
di

48&2
12-22-2003, 07:32 PM
ck

48&2
12-22-2003, 07:32 PM
su

Torpid_Prey
12-23-2003, 09:48 PM
su?

pushin
12-29-2003, 06:51 PM
my opinion is that everyone should get off of maynard's dick. i'd like to hear sometime people's opinions of the music, not just what they think maynard this, maynard that... blah blah blah...that's my opinion.

Yes well, there are other threads under this topic which are serious deconstructions of this song (which, incidentally, I think is just a joke song because Tool are a bunch of guys and therefore are obsessed with their dicks).

This thread was a light-hearted meditation on the song. I agree that there's a lot of Maynard worship that goes on, but why can't 1/100,000 of this forum be a lusty lusty thread about Maynard's dick, given that there's a song named after it?

Maynard is a sexy man (as are all other Tool members :) as a matter of course). We admire Maynard in a holistic sense and therefore enjoy the music and think for ourselves, question authority blah blah blah, and also lust after Maynard. And Adam. And Danny. And Justin.

You shouldn't take things so seriously. Go get high, take a bath, and think lustful thoughts about Maynard. You'll feel better.

The Grudge
01-01-2004, 05:23 PM
This is an interesting thread lol. This song is just a joke, something to make you laugh and something to show us that maynard has a sense of humor as well...kind of like disgustipated.

uncledexterity
01-11-2004, 07:56 PM
yes, i think for myself and question authority because maynard told me to......riiiiiiiiiight

pushin
01-12-2004, 01:28 PM
yes, i think for myself and question authority because maynard told me to......riiiiiiiiiight

Now who was that directed at precisely?

radmanics
01-13-2004, 02:26 PM
maynard didn't tell you to :p Mr. Timothy Leary did. Funny song anyway.. shame it's after an effed up political proceedure

uncledexterity
01-14-2004, 12:30 AM
all i'm saying is that i agree with corps d'allumen.....a lot of people i've noticed seem to hold the band.....and especially maynard up on this pedestal, as though he were some sort of god. i probably love this band as much as anybody and i have listened to every last minutia of detail, looking for everything i may have missed. I love the music of the band. i love that they make me think with their thought invoking lyrics and musical arrangements. i suppose i think for myself because that is how i was raised. it is not as if tool has opened my eyes or anything like this. if they have for you......great......whatever works.

i guess what i'm saying here is that i don't like the tendency that people have, in this culture especially, to raise ordinary men up to the status of gods. these guys are people.....just like everyone else....they certainly have a gift. but let's focus on the gift, rather than the person in possession of it.