PDA

View Full Version : the first time you heard this song

Sagacious Foetu
08-22-2006, 08:17 AM
when it came to the one part around the middle of the song, who else thought, "jimmy.!"? anyone?

cause i sure did.

Lady Khaibit
08-23-2006, 09:06 PM
No... no... I can't say that I did, but hey, to each their own....

lizbiz
08-24-2006, 10:07 AM
I thought of 46&2

jimmy woods
08-26-2006, 01:49 PM
yeah the second half of the song is especially reminiscent of forty six and 2 to me... the way they just keep altering that riff near the end

tabula.rassa
08-26-2006, 02:26 PM
there's so many songs on this ablum that make me think of previous albums...

i REALLY think that it's intentional.

PeAcE...

mr. nikki jensen
08-27-2006, 05:57 AM
i thought about the patient when i heard the chorus.

i like...

Stinkfyst
08-27-2006, 07:43 PM
I thought of Pushit live.

maele
09-29-2006, 05:43 AM
This was actually the first song that really caught and sucked me into 10,000 days. I am a loyal and devoted TOOL fan and many of my friends use to be before this c.d came out, but when we all got together to listen to it for the first time they all were so disappointed to such an extent that whenever someone or something comes up about TOOL they all sheepishly respond "O' I LOVE TOOL before 10,000 days!" I love them all (their GREAT friends) but there (in my opinion) is NO way in hell you can't like this album especially this song. I think that the problem people have with TOOL is that they are the only band around that has been doing the same thing that they started off with. I mean, if you like/love TOOL its because you have somewhat of an attention span, if your a 16 kid with a case of ADD, TOOLs definantly not for you. But if your into something deeper than you fall in love with anything and everything Maynard has to say and "Right in Two" is such a Great example of it........Love u TOOL

an_eagle_in_your_mind
09-30-2006, 04:32 AM
i thought of 46 & 2, because from the wah until the "angels on the sideline again", it follows very much the same idea..

i also thought, "man, this is a cool song", knowing in the back of my mind that this meant i'd probably dislike it soon enough, although as the tabla solo transforms, Danny simply tears the shit up..

there are moments that remind me of jimmy though..