PDA

View Full Version : Audio sounds bad

Juzblome
08-22-2006, 06:52 AM
I noticed when I first watched these videos that the sound is shitty.

If just sounds like pure ass compared to the albums.

It doesn't make any since. It's on a DVD that isn't even close to being filled up with data. A DVD has the potential for much better sound quality than a CD.
They could have used an HD format like 24bit 96kHz. But instead it just sounds shitty. Like it's super compressed. Like they used the broadcast audio that MTV got with the video. It really wouldn't have been that hard to change it out. At least the album sounds awesome.

Other than that I like the videos. The remixes are ok. The commentary is funny too.

I just watched this again last night and had to rant.

Thanks

implandnoises
09-07-2006, 11:05 PM
Do you have a good sound system with your DVD player?

I thought it sounded a bit lacking, but I blamed it on my TV speakers. I have to watch it through a PS2 and a cheap arse TV.

Juzblome
09-12-2006, 06:18 AM
yeah I got a good system.

That's why I notice it.

And I don't play it in surround. Stereo mixes through Dolby Prologic (EX even) Sound like pure ass. The only thing that should ever be played in surround is a surround mix.

But yeah I got a good system.

implandnoises
09-15-2006, 01:54 AM
Oh well.

Bummer.

I remember that the one-off promo video tapes have shit sound. Thats why I bought Salival on DVD before I owned a DVD player. Still got that tape somewhere....

Bit dissapointing to hear that the two new ones don't have amazing sound. But its not that bad is it? I mean, I still enjoy watching them on my shitty $100 TV.

hushypushy
09-19-2006, 04:45 PM
i don't think it's the fact that it's super compressed, it's the fact that it's so incredibly quiet---the signal is so weak. you're inducing a lot of noise, etc. this mix also might be different than the CD mix, it really sounds like ass on PLII whereas the original versions sound much cleaner.

i was really hoping these singles would at least have a simple Dolby 5.1 mix like Salival did 5 years before it but....no such luck. i've said it over and over, these DVD singles were extremely disappointing.