PDA

View Full Version : Perhaps possible congratulations are in order?

Sleeper0013
08-22-2006, 04:04 AM
Ok people keep saying this is about MJKs son, and i can see how that can be interperited that way, But Tool already has a song about his son and thats "H.", and they tend to steer away from redundancy.

Wishing seams to be an important theme with this song, the name of the song is also the name of the genie that granted wishes to Pee Wee in his little play house, As someone pointed out in another thread. But what are we wishing at here? I feel that this song is pointing out that having money and fame doesnt make you happy, that it can make for rather difficult relationships also , "God damit i would wish this all away if i could but i fucking cant". Someone else pointed out in another thread That addam used a Vox on this song (or a Talk box), Comunication, also important in relationships. Talking out our problems within the relationship and what not. But wait talking can also help to release the stress that can be brought about by Fame ,"You give me piece of mind, you give me a center to hold on to".

So i was helping some friends move Yesterday, and of coarse we had 10,000 days playing the entire time. We had the U-hall packed up and were were ready to drive to the new apartment, but we were wating for Jambi to finish on the portable before we unpluged it. Then it just clicked, Weding vows, holy shit this song Its Weading vows.

"Shine on forever
Shine on benevolent sun
Shine down upon the broken
Shine on untill the two become one"

Dredg
08-22-2006, 05:39 AM
Ok people keep saying this is about MJKs son, and i can see how that can be interperited that way, But Tool already has a song about his son and thats "H.", and they tend to steer away from redundancy.

Wishing seams to be an important theme with this song, the name of the song is also the name of the genie that granted wishes to Pee Wee in his little play house, As someone pointed out in another thread. But what are we wishing at here? I feel that this song is pointing out that having money and fame doesnt make you happy, that it can make for rather difficult relationships also , "God damit i would wish this all away if i could but i fucking cant".

thats where you are correct, everything else is just weird. Good job, finally a proper interpertation.

11:11
08-22-2006, 04:19 PM
i agree

resonance.
08-22-2006, 04:22 PM
H. is about Devo? News to me.

Liam
08-22-2006, 04:23 PM
H. is about Devo? News to me.

ditto

Terry21
08-23-2006, 01:41 AM
Like Paraflux said, "Yes, Maynard's son who was considerately killing him".

Still I don't think Jambi is about his son, rather about love.

Terry21
08-23-2006, 02:11 AM
Very well done. Very very very well. Other dudes say even better stuff, but I just don't read their posts because their avatar is Mikael Akerfeldt with a star on his cheek.

fabienne78
08-23-2006, 02:50 AM
"Keenan is unmarried and has one son named Devo (born August 5, 1995). He was engaged to Jennifer Fergusson, but they broke up before marrying. The song "Breņa," by A Perfect Circle, uses her middle name, while another song bears the name of Keenan's mother, Judith"

Got this from wikipedia. Could it be that he wrote this before he broke of the wedding?

fabienne78
08-23-2006, 04:08 AM
foma?

Sleeper0013
08-23-2006, 06:52 PM
I supose i could be alittle off base here, perhapse the song could be about marrage in general. or just comitiment. All this just make me think about MJKs Photo in the on the 10k days CD art. 2 become 1 is also represented again.

plexus
08-23-2006, 10:35 PM
this is so stupid...

theyre not wedding vows.

why the hell would wedding vows say "Shine down upon the broken"? Their union obviously wouldnt be broken if theyre getting married.

this is a horrible interpretation.

spacemonkeyadb
08-24-2006, 03:21 AM
A monkey with a flashlight would shine down on the broken :) (...especially if it was a broken banana.)

This song isn't (specifically) about marriage or wedding vows.
It's about rejecting temptation and finding a balance between one's wants and needs, for the sake of someone important in one's life. This much is as good as certain.
As for who this 'important' person is for MJK, people are guessing it's probably his son (and I agree), though the lyrics are rather ambiguous and don't reveal this with any certainty.

(IMO)

duncang
08-25-2006, 06:06 AM
You say it isn't about Devo because they've already made one about him?

Wings For Marie, 10,000 Days, Jimmy and Judith are all about his mother, in one way or another. I don't see why they can't make more.

wearethestories
08-25-2006, 08:45 PM
Very well done. Very very very well. Other dudes say even better stuff, but I just don't read their posts because their avatar is Mikael Akerfeldt with a star on his cheek.

that's because other guys only quote Paraflux

and have useless things to say in the "what Is He Saying????" section of the forum.

Terry21
08-26-2006, 03:03 AM
that's because other guys only quote Paraflux

and have useless things to say in the "what Is He Saying????" section of the forum.

I don't get the paraflux thing. Explain it to me. And you can also explain what's useless, I'm trying to figure out the lyrics with my heart. And those things still have nothing to do with what I said.

J Stebbins
08-27-2006, 02:40 AM
[QUOTE=Sleeper0013;1328194]Ok people keep saying this is about MJKs son, and i can see how that can be interperited that way, But Tool already has a song about his son and thats "H.", and they tend to steer away from redundancy.

H. isn't about his son, you ignorant newbie. Stop trying to sound smart because your new. And stop using big words too. Did maynard tell you H. was about his son? Then how do you know?

Terry21
08-27-2006, 03:49 AM
Maynard said various times that it's about his son Devo H. And why in the hell is he an ignorant newbie? Chill, dude, what are you on?

bpcampb
08-27-2006, 12:11 PM
[QUOTE=Sleeper0013;1328194]Ok people keep saying this is about MJKs son, and i can see how that can be interperited that way, But Tool already has a song about his son and thats "H.", and they tend to steer away from redundancy.

H. isn't about his son, you ignorant newbie. Stop trying to sound smart because your new. And stop using big words too. Did maynard tell you H. was about his son? Then how do you know?

I don't know if 49 posts makes you a elder toolshed opinon person thing...

We are all newbies. We are all ignorant. And we all talk like we are smart. So watch where you are flameing, becuase your only gonna light a fire under your own ass...

lizbiz
08-27-2006, 12:27 PM
this is so stupid...

theyre not wedding vows.

why the hell would wedding vows say "Shine down upon the broken"? Their union obviously wouldnt be broken if theyre getting married.

this is a horrible interpretation.

thank you

J Stebbins
08-28-2006, 11:15 AM
Maynard said various times that it's about his son Devo H. And why in the hell is he an ignorant newbie? Chill, dude, what are you on?

No he didn't.

I don't need to chill, I was just saying. Maybe it came out a little to angry, I apologize sleeper.

J Stebbins
08-28-2006, 11:17 AM
[QUOTE=J Stebbins;1345750]

I don't know if 49 posts makes you a elder toolshed opinon person thing...

We are all newbies. We are all ignorant. And we all talk like we are smart. So watch where you are flameing, becuase your only gonna light a fire under your own ass...

I never said I was an elder toolshed opinion person thing. It's just irritating seeing people trying to be one. Not everyone here is a newbie, and not everyone here is ignorant, so don't speak for everyone. Who are you to tell me not to flame, correct your spelling and maybe then we can debate.

justify_denials
08-28-2006, 12:38 PM
H is a crossing point between two large lines (hence the way the letter "H" looks), two entitys, two thoughts, two of anything or everything. The snake is evil, or sin, in himself, he sees in the mirror. Later, the snake is behind him, this is metaphorical of course as saying its leaving him. Even later, the snake is drowned.

"Without the skin,
Beneath the storm,
Under these tears
The walls came down."

Crying (storm), the walls came down (skin), without the skin as protection beneath the storm from his inner self (snake/his otherside, hence leading to "H" the connection of two things, nut now a weaker link).

slamminsalmon
09-04-2006, 06:13 AM
relates to this:
http://toolnavy.com/showthread.php?t=46522

gimme my 5 minutes back plz