PDA

View Full Version : Eventually!

Lackymacky
08-19-2006, 09:39 PM
when they Eventually! play this live... do you think people will cry? yes, i do

but here is the main focus of my question...do you think maynard will cry?

i would love to be there the first time they perform it, just because its going to be the first time they share it with a mass audience and its almost guaranteed to make people in the audience cry, so if the band sees so many people mourning, do you guys and gals think that tool's heart will take over and theyll break?

if i was there and people cried, i know i would and i also wouldnt care if the entire band just stopped playing and started cryin...

what an incredible moment to be shared with such a large amount of people with such an incrdible band.

crossin my fingers for the release of Wings for marie///Ten Thousand days live is on Sep 22 in Detroit!!!!!

what do you guys think

Tyson
08-19-2006, 09:49 PM
I would randomly punch those holding up lighters.

Actually I’d take an aerosol spray can in and spray it through the lighter into their face.

wearethestories
08-21-2006, 12:12 PM
I would randomly punch those holding up lighters.

Actually I’d take an aerosol spray can in and spray it through the lighter into their face.

ditto.

couldn't take that sappiness, and I'm pretty sure they wouldn't break down, stop playing, and cry.

a little melodramatic.

rogerdoger
08-21-2006, 01:05 PM
I'm hoping they'll play it in SLC first, it could happen, seeing as SLC is such a religiously nuts place, it would also explain why it's on the nose end of the tour....

MacDee23
08-23-2006, 03:46 AM
They arent going to play it until Staples Center. BMB announced that.

theescapedslave
08-23-2006, 04:02 AM
They arent going to play it until Staples Center. BMB announced that.

when did he say this??

paraflux
08-23-2006, 06:51 AM
I would think that crying during your song would be an atrocity.

(self(other
08-23-2006, 02:52 PM
i also wouldnt care if the entire band just stopped playing and started cryin...

That was so funny to picture

sorry to say, I dont think it would work out like that... there would be a riot

Chai_nese
08-23-2006, 03:21 PM
Hm... I don't think they'd stop playing to be honest. Their music can say so much more than a few seconds worth of soppy tear shedding so I don't think it would be apt at a concert to be honest.

But then, who am I to judge/decide? If they want to cry, they should go for it. They (along with many other people and bands and writers) have changed the way I see a lot of things so I must keep one thing in mind - never say never.

IcaLynn
08-28-2006, 08:32 AM
if maynard saw someone crying, hes more than likely laugh at him...at the least. i wouldnt be surprised to see a few people tear up listening to tool. maybe not at a concert, but who hasnt teared up from them? they are an extremely personal band and they someone create the songs so that the fans could see the raw emotion and reason in their songs and take comfort in them.

**you'd all have to pry the aerosol cans out of this pyros hands before you make a tool torch.

jonboy
08-30-2006, 03:30 PM
IcaLynn: you have the best avatar I have ever seen.

Hetfield823
08-31-2006, 06:45 AM

I can't stop laughing.

Big Fat Matt
08-31-2006, 05:00 PM
when they Eventually! play this live... do you think people will cry? yes, i do

but here is the main focus of my question...do you think maynard will cry?

i would love to be there the first time they perform it, just because its going to be the first time they share it with a mass audience and its almost guaranteed to make people in the audience cry, so if the band sees so many people mourning, do you guys and gals think that tool's heart will take over and theyll break?

if i was there and people cried, i know i would and i also wouldnt care if the entire band just stopped playing and started cryin...

what an incredible moment to be shared with such a large amount of people with such an incrdible band.

crossin my fingers for the release of Wings for marie///Ten Thousand days live is on Sep 22 in Detroit!!!!!

what do you guys think

That somg makes my girlfriend cry as it is, so live, she'll be weeping like a baby. I may take advantage of that if it happens.
*devious Look*

Edit: Fuck. I posted in the 10k days section. i feel dirty.

mr. nikki jensen
09-01-2006, 06:08 AM
I would defently be overwelmed by hearing wings live.... hope i get to experience that in the future...

FRANK THE TANK
09-01-2006, 06:56 AM
If i was sober when I heard I'd cry...if i was under teh influence of some *ahem* narcotic then I'd be crying times 2!

philipg
09-03-2006, 12:17 PM
I would think that crying during your song would be an atrocity.

actually in his guitar world interview adam said that he cries a lot during performances.
the emotions just build up and he starts getting teary eyed

Alex in Chains
09-03-2006, 09:13 PM
actually in his guitar world interview adam said that he cries a lot during performances.
the emotions just build up and he starts getting teary eyed

Actually, as I recall, he didn't say that. He did, however, say that he gets choked up every time they play "Wings"/"10,000 Days."

jennifer_garner
09-05-2006, 03:19 PM
Actually, as I recall, he didn't say that. He did, however, say that he gets choked up every time they play "Wings"/"10,000 Days."

well Im not surprised, I know it would be hard for me.

Isnt it funny how we all want to hear about maynards pain live, sounds like were feasting on his blood and heart ache.

Useful)(Idiot
09-05-2006, 05:33 PM
i CANNOT wait for this song to be played live, 4 more concerts till my turn, i hope they start before then. wings pt2 was actually the first song that i really dialed into and listened to over and over again. sure it has to do with great loss, but along with great loss is the opportunity to share so much. thanks maynard.

AshesofWake
09-08-2006, 12:26 AM
:) played it live tonight, yay! and it was beautiful..

donhumberto
09-08-2006, 12:48 AM
I really envy the guys in the adudience at Staples last night because apparently it was an absolutely unforgettable experience... can´t wait to see them in November!! (I just want to see wings played live soooo bad)

ktdude
09-08-2006, 01:55 AM
me too, I am so envious... felt really emotional reading the reviews... I wonder if there will be a link to it on Youtube at any point... I would love to see it, what an special moment. I really feel for Maynard, it must have been choking for him... however, if there is a video I will have to try not to watch it until after I see them in November, I want to see it live for the very first time... awesome

IcaLynn
09-11-2006, 08:59 AM

thanks jonboy and Hetfield823

....i like your signature, would you like to genital wrestle with me?

EGG-MAN
09-12-2006, 10:22 PM
i went to both shows at staples and the vibe was way better the first night when they played it even though maynard got too emotional or whatever and had to chill for a few of the lyrics. when they played it the second night it was flawless. 2 great great shows

duncang
09-13-2006, 07:02 AM
Isnt it funny how we all want to hear about maynards pain live, sounds like were feasting on his blood and heart ache.

Vicarious.

Even if I could go to the 2nd European leg, I wouldn't be going JUST to see Wings. You say the 2nd night at Staples was flawless? Perfect rendition? I hear no crying, sobbing or anything else in the studio version. It would be a good song to see, but now I know they've played it for the first time, plus Maynard did get choked up, I couldn't appreciate is as much.

I'd still love to go though.