PDA

View Full Version : Hurt

Jerkoff35
05-06-2003, 06:36 PM
Ticks and Leeches is without question about how people are sucked completely to a vulnerable and almost incoherent state. The ticks and leeches can be friends, family, lawyers, anything that can literally suck the life out of you emotionally. In this song, i believe that maynard is singing about a personal experience of some sort that really just left him wondering what to do, after realizing that he can do nothing, he gets angry and vents saying that these ticks and leeches that are sucking the life out of him can basically kiss his ass.

dawn
05-06-2003, 06:43 PM
Vampires do exist...

Ascended Master
05-07-2003, 01:42 AM
Originally posted by grrrl
Vampires do exist...

This may not be what you meant but i reckon since this whole CD is basically about spiritualality and that, that this song is about the negative entities who try to hold us back, they are lick vampires of our soul. They feed upon our negativity and leave us feeling drained, they always come back when they need to feed and try to make it worse adn worse. I see these things when i try to astral project, and i hear them whisper things to me trying to make me feel scared or bad all the time. But you just have to tell them to go away and it's better for awhile but they always come back and after a bit ehy start to get very annoying. A group of my mates got very tired of them popping up all the time, they sorta do look a bit like bats too.

Jerkoff35
05-07-2003, 12:19 PM
I am not sure that you totally grasped what i was saying. Waht i meant by all of this was that friends of maynard, family hung him out to dry and by himself so many times that he became angry, distrought and without a life to live. So instead of trying to go back to teh same old things with his crappy friends, he sings and screams in his anger.