PDA

View Full Version : The Drug

Count_Grishnackh
08-16-2006, 08:17 PM
Well, all the people saying it was acid or mescaline or peyote were all wrong. From the official lyrics, the character was on DMT.

From erowid.org,
"The Experience
To quote Terence McKenna, "The feeling of doing DMT is as though one had been struck by noetic lightning. The ordinary world is almost instantaneously replaced, not only with a hallucination, but a hallucination whose alien character is its utter alienness. Nothing in this world can prepare one for the impressions that fill your mind when you enter the DMT sensorium.""

plexus
08-16-2006, 09:32 PM
and X!... that would be quite a combo.
then all those krispy kremes man... thats a lot of sugar.

he also says 'the blotter got right on top of me' so he must've done acid too.

maybe the hippy guy dave was Candyflipping and took a few big hits of DMT. Then he went into that Surreal Zone. The whole alien encounter part probobly only lasted during the duration of the DMT part. Im sure it felt a lot longer. He couldve been visited by transdimensional aliens and told the details of our ending. but you know how you trip and forget the meaning of life? im sure it was the same for him.

He also yell's "Bob help me!" hmmm ... maybe he subscribes to The Church of the SubGenius.
http://www.subgenius.com/

I love this song.

implandnoises
08-17-2006, 01:09 AM
and whats yogi DMT? I am not a big drug dude - is that just a certain kind of DMT?

TornDown
08-17-2006, 08:07 AM
perhaps its the same kind of dmt religious sects make use of?

paraflux
08-17-2006, 09:44 AM
There's references to lots of drugs, so I just think the point of it was to say, put down the drugs, hippies.

no one was wrong here.

Psilo
08-17-2006, 04:19 PM
Whether or not DMT was involved in this, the word "blotter" still remains and that obviously refers to LSD (because it's not going to refer to any of the other milligram-active psychedelcs like DOC or 5-meo-amt that would otherwise fit on a blotter). So Acid was present.

implandnoises
08-17-2006, 09:38 PM
There's references to lots of drugs, so I just think the point of it was to say, put down the drugs, hippies.

no one was wrong here.
Heck, I didn't realise there was competition to figure out what drugs were in it.

If nobody won, then can I claim the prize? I put down the drugs years ago, so I clearly understood the message before anyone else. :-)

GaminCoda
08-18-2006, 11:59 AM
I have a friend that shit his pants on DMT (Tussin) once. lol. I think if you do it for a few days straight, or if you do alot of the liquid DMT, you don't digest it and get liquid shits for awhile. And enuf tussin will put you in a K-hole-like out of body experience, hard to control yourself at times. I've never heard the term "yogi" before... who knows what thats about, maybe some inside joke thing. Mabe they stole it out of a pic-a-nic basket.

Goddamn... shit the bed.

GaminCoda
08-18-2006, 12:07 PM
One who practices yoga is called a yogi or in Sanskrit, a yogin (masculine) or yogini (feminine).

In the Fourth Way teaching of G. I. Gurdjieff the word yogi is used to denote the specifically mental path of development, compared with the word fakir (which Gurdjieff used for a path of physical development) and monk (which he used for the path of emotional development).

Dredg
08-18-2006, 12:11 PM

no one was wrong here.

yeah it seems to be a song making fun of people who think they can find truth to reality by taking a lot of drugs. Once they lose the drug induced state of mind, they go back to being dumb ass. These people also are the ones who think they need to get high again to reach the state of consciousness they were in when they took the drug the first time. This is not the case, the goal should be to try the drug and then channell that feeling when not on the substance.

Aunt Acid
08-18-2006, 01:02 PM
I have a friend that shit his pants on DMT (Tussin) once. lol. I think if you do it for a few days straight, or if you do alot of the liquid DMT, you don't digest it and get liquid shits for awhile. And enuf tussin will put you in a K-hole-like out of body experience, hard to control yourself at times. I've never heard the term "yogi" before... who knows what thats about, maybe some inside joke thing. Mabe they stole it out of a pic-a-nic basket.

Goddamn... shit the bed.

Ugh... you tried DXM, not DMT, there's a BIG difference. You'd be lucky to score some DMT.

Drugs named in the song:
DMT, X, LSD, and I guess Sudafed. I'm guessing X is Ecstacy? I've never actually heard the slang X.

Terry21
08-18-2006, 01:04 PM
Ugh... you tried DXM, not DMT, there's a BIG difference. You'd be lucky to score some DMT.

Drugs named in the song:
DMT, X, LSD, and I guess Sudafed. I'm guessing X is Ecstacy? I've never actually heard the slang X.

Haha, X is very common for ecstasy.

When I first read the yogi thing I thought he was practising yoga.

Like, X, some yoga, DMT and some donuts.

Aunt Acid
08-18-2006, 01:15 PM

When I first read the yogi thing I thought he was practising yoga.

Like, X, some yoga, DMT and some donuts.

I figured. We call it E in Detroit.

BlanketEffect
08-19-2006, 04:22 AM
I only refer to it as 'x', really... but that aside, as I raised in another thread, there's a brand of herbal tea called 'Yogi Tea' - it's one of those new companies trying to take advantage of all this holistic, new age stuff westerners are so desperately trying to jump on to. "Yogi DMT" would be a play on "Yogi Tea" - another brand name referencec.

And that aside.... X, LSD, and DMT? There aren't words he could have said in the song to do the experience justice. I've done all three, and never any of them at the same time. I wouldn't 'even know where to begin'.

Terry21
08-19-2006, 05:04 AM
Maybe he did some kind of an experiment, driving to Area 51, trying all kinds of drugs out and meditating.

trickma
08-19-2006, 05:10 AM
LSD was definitely involved, "Blame hoffman" is pretty straight forward evidence.

BlanketEffect
08-20-2006, 07:34 AM

Goddamn... shit the bed.

I realize it has been said above, and that is was probably a simple mistake/misunderstanding.... BUT

DMT doesn't come from cough syrup. That's DXM (dextromethorphan) - DMT (dimethyltryptamine) comes from certain plants and in small amounts in the pineal gland of the human brain.

DMT is a super-powerful psychedelic - DXM is a dissociative. (By the way, for future employees, DXM has been known to trigger false positives for PCP (ie Angel Dust) on drugscreens - On the other hand, DMT is more or less untestable for)

Trust me, if cough syrup induced the effects that DMT causes, it would be schedule 1 - just like DMT.

DXM... not even the same fucking continent as DMT, let alone the ballpark. Sorry, just couldn't let even one person be led astray by this if I could help it. Call it civic duty.

hushypushy
08-21-2006, 10:28 AM
i can't believe people are mixing up DMT and DXM.

Cid
08-21-2006, 10:35 AM
i can't believe people are mixing up DMT and DXM.

people keep doing that....i corrected someone 2 or 3 times in one thread, even gave links to erowid.

Mescaline
08-26-2006, 08:51 PM
a yogi dmt is probably reffered to a shaman who explores the dmt realms for healing... and knowledge........
ayahuasca...

Alex in Chains
08-26-2006, 09:25 PM

Haha, not really since the 80s. E is far more common today.

Terry21
08-27-2006, 03:27 AM
Really? I thought it was... Probably it means something different in the lyric, lol.

StereoScopicLenses
08-27-2006, 08:14 AM
E motherfuckin T

plexus
08-29-2006, 12:04 AM
Haha, not really since the 80s. E is far more common today.

Wrong. I guess it just depends where youre from. People say X and Rolls way more than they say E where Im from.

jpmanson
08-29-2006, 12:13 AM
LSD was definitely involved, "Blame hoffman" is pretty straight forward evidence.

i take "blame hoffman" as the doctor's initial thoughts. in a situation like that, a doctor's first thought is that a person is on LSD.

MORNING_GLORY
08-29-2006, 09:06 AM
DMT is pretty interesting... me and and my friend are embraking on a mission to successfully extract DMT...
I think DMT has been something prominent in Tool, between the third eye and obvious drug refrences in general... DMT would be the ultimate life-altering drug... between the "self transforming machine elves" and the vivid landscapes... its heavy stuff. Not recommended for those with little experience with hallucinogens... or a weak mind...
DMT is the freakin' SOUL for god-sakes... its very important to our evolution as a species also...
Research it... you'll find many interesting coincidences.

jpmanson
08-29-2006, 09:29 AM
this is true. are you going to extract it from mimosa hostilis?

talibad
08-29-2006, 01:17 PM
i knew he said dmt! way back in june hehehe

http://toolnavy.com/showthread.php?t=50146

hushypushy
08-29-2006, 04:23 PM
see, that's something verifiable. good ears man.

Mescaline
09-02-2006, 06:33 PM
everyone should try DMT..... or/and Mescaline ;) !!!!

MORNING_GLORY
09-03-2006, 12:50 PM
no no no... not everyone. It would shatter some peoples sense of reality... I wouldn't suggest use of DMT unless you know everything about it, and at least some experience with psychoactives. I myself have not tried DMT, I'm waiting for the perfect moment.

BlanketEffect
09-03-2006, 02:24 PM
DMT was the first psychedelic I was ever exposed to (other than X, which is what it's referred to as here). It was in the form of Ayahuasca, however. Quite different than smoking it.

ManDingoLover
09-03-2006, 07:50 PM
the point of the song is not what drug hes on, dumbass.

materalus
09-03-2006, 08:42 PM
when he says 'x,yogi DMT" it can be heard as "actually DMT"

whosmav
09-05-2006, 05:55 AM
Whether or not DMT was involved in this, the word "blotter" still remains and that obviously refers to LSD (because it's not going to refer to any of the other milligram-active psychedelcs like DOC or 5-meo-amt that would otherwise fit on a blotter). So Acid was present.

You're totally wrong btw

whosmav
09-05-2006, 06:01 AM
the point of the song is not what drug hes on, dumbass.

yes it is why do you think it isn't he only went through the trouble of writing it

BlanketEffect
09-06-2006, 07:05 AM
I think he outlines all those different drugs because he's just saying this experience (losing the supposed keys of the universe, etc...) can happen with any drug, so don't expect enlightenment in a "pill", because eventually the pill wears off and so does the 'temporary enlightenment' and you're left with not being able to remember what 'they' said.

neptuneajax
09-06-2006, 07:45 PM

Goddamn... shit the bed.

Errr dude, dmt = dimethyltryptamine dxm= dextramathorphan DMT is NOT i robitussin or any other codl drug/coughmedicine. You freakin moron DXM is in tussin and is a COMPLETELY different drug and high to DMT get smarter dicknose

MORNING_GLORY
09-06-2006, 08:24 PM
DMT was the first psychedelic I was ever exposed to (other than X, which is what it's referred to as here). It was in the form of Ayahuasca, however. Quite different than smoking it.

when its in that form, don't you have to take an MAOI with it in order for it to work?

BlanketEffect
09-07-2006, 07:41 AM
Yes, either syrian rue extract or Ayahuasca. I prefer Aya but it's far more expensive per dose.

Terry21
09-07-2006, 07:44 AM
I prefer pissing in a glass and drinking it. It gives me a much more pure feeling of being stupid!

philipg
09-07-2006, 10:16 AM
DMT just makes so much sense
people who've done it say that as soon as they come out of the trip, which is short, they begin to forget what was happening.
its like a dream....
not that we're tripping on DMT every night when we dream...