jonboy
08-16-2006, 05:24 PM
http://www.toolband.com/newsletter/

Arcantus
08-16-2006, 05:29 PM
Schwing!

Please post the official lyrics:

ROSETTA STONED

All righty then... picture this if you will...
10 to 2 am, X, yogi DMT, and a box of krispy kreme's in my "need to know" pose just outside of area 51, contemplating the whole chosen people thingy when just then a flaming stealth banana split the sky like one would hope but never really expect to see in a place like this. Cutting right angle donuts on a dime and stopping right at my birkinstocks, and me yelping "holy fuckin' shit!"

then the X file being, looking like some kinda blue green Jackie chan, with Isabella Rossellini lips, and breath that reeked of vanilla chig champa, did a slow mo matrix decent outta the butt end of the banana vessel, and hovered above my bug eyes, my gaping jaw, and my sweaty elron hubbard upper lip and all I could think was, "I hope uncle martin here doesn't notice that I pissed my fuckin pants!!"

so light in his way, like an apparition, that he had me crying out...
"fuck me! It's gotta be the dead head chemistry. (the) blotter got right on top o' me. Got me seeing E mutha fuckin T!

and after calming me down with some orange slices and some fetal spooning, E.T. revealed to me his singular purpose. He said. "you are the chosen one. The one who will deliver the message. A message of hope for those who choose to hear it, and a warning for those who do not." Me! The chosen one. They chose me!!!! And I didn't even graduate from fuckin' high school!!

Then he looked right through me with somniferous almond eyes. Don't even know what that means. Must remember to write it down.
This is so real. Like the time Dave floated away. See, my heart is pounding. cuz this shit never happens to me.
Can't breathe right now.

It was so real. Like I woke up in wonderland. all sorta terrifying. I don't wanna be alone while I tell this story.
And can anyone tell me why y'all sound like peanuts parents?
Will I ever be coming down?
This is so real. Finally it's my lucky day See, my heart is racing cuz this shit never happens to me.
Can't breathe right now.

You believe me don't you? Please believe what I've just said. See, the dead ain't touring and this wasn't all in my head. see they took me by the hand and invited me right in. then they showed me something. I don't even know where to begin.

Strapped down to my bed, feet cold and eyes red.
I'm out of my head am I alive? Am I dead.
Can't remember what they said. God damn. Shit the bed.
Overwhelmed as one would be placed in my position...
Such a heavy burden now to be the one
Born to bear and bring to all the details of our ending.
to write it down for all the world to see.
But I forgot my pen. Shit the bed again. Typical.

Sun kissed and Sudafed Gyro scopes and infrared
won't help. I'm brain dead. Can't remember what they said.
God damn. Shit the bed.

Can't remember what they said to me.
Can't remember what they said to make me out to be the hero.
Can't remember what they said.
Bob help me.

We don't know and we won't know.
God damn shit the bed.

46inme
08-16-2006, 05:29 PM
Next question. How many Greateful Dead shows did the band attend between them?

jonboy
08-16-2006, 05:39 PM
A few references to LRH as well in the lyrics

http://www.rotten.com/library/bio/religion/cult/l-ron-hubbard/

temporrari
08-16-2006, 06:14 PM
I think this is gonna have to take the position of best song on the album for me. Now that I know exactly what he says... It's even more potent and amazing. "Schwing!" indeed.

MORNING_GLORY
08-16-2006, 06:40 PM
horay! maynard finally got tired of us butchering his lyrics... i say we butcher the other songs so they'll post them too...

rogerdoger
08-16-2006, 06:43 PM
horay! maynard finally got tired of us butchering his lyrics... i say we butcher the other songs so they'll post them too...
Haha yea.... Cow killing cow killing cow...

mindstream
08-16-2006, 06:44 PM
Yeah, some dude posted it in th 10k days forum shortly before me. But for all of you who don't frequent that forum much anymore:

http://www.toolband.com/newsletter/

Scroll down about half way through Blair's ramblings, and you'll see it in bold yellow type.

RedMetalSox
08-16-2006, 06:53 PM
HAH! I was right about uncle martin.

Setve
08-16-2006, 07:15 PM
i thought it was L Ron

Ocelot199
08-16-2006, 07:20 PM
I like this song less now :/

moneyisevil
08-16-2006, 07:24 PM
nice

televators
08-16-2006, 07:26 PM
''looking like some kinda blue green jackie chan''

::snickering::

ok im retarded
good nite

morgoth's shadow
08-16-2006, 07:28 PM
wow, apparently everyone was wrong about a lot of stuff on that song.

ecstasy, yoga, and DMT.

moneyisevil
08-16-2006, 07:29 PM
and apparently he says BOB help me instead of GOD help me

why??!?!!

Setve
08-16-2006, 07:31 PM

why??!?!!

not sure. and is yogi a type of DMT?

RedMetalSox
08-16-2006, 07:31 PM
whats yogi dmt?

mindstream
08-16-2006, 07:32 PM
"And can anyone tell me why y'all sound like peanuts parents?"

My new favorite line from 10k days.

clarity.
08-16-2006, 07:33 PM
It is officially "God damn, shit the bed." I am going to shoot myself.

yossaricat
08-16-2006, 07:33 PM

morgoth's shadow
08-16-2006, 07:34 PM

why??!?!!
on the puscifer myspace, an apparently inebriated maynard posted a blog in which he impersonates God and reveals that His real name is actually Bob.
hmm.

this song is so fucking weird.

Ocelot199
08-16-2006, 07:34 PM
It is officially "God damn, shit the bed." I am going to shoot myself.
What else could it have been?

NoD
08-16-2006, 07:35 PM
That's the backstory behind Rosetta Stoned?!?!

Son of a bitch, this album just keeps getting worse and worse...

RidetheRedshift
08-16-2006, 07:36 PM
you know with all of Tool's attempts at humor, this one actually fucking cracks me up. Forces a good laugh almost every time. I can relate.

Aunt Acid
08-16-2006, 07:37 PM
Donkey's talk and monkey's know that Eden has enough to go around...

HA, there are SEVERAL drug references in this song...

morgoth's shadow
08-16-2006, 07:37 PM
the official lyrics are no more absurd than the speculated ones.

Ocelot199
08-16-2006, 07:38 PM
you know with all of Tool's attempts at humor, this one actually fucking cracks me up. Forces a good laugh almost every time. I can relate.
It makes me wish I hadn't spent the money on this album. I'd rather not have given tool the impression that it was worth the 14 bucks I paid for it.

I hope they play stuff entirely from Undertow for this upcoming tour, just to piss off Tool's newer fanbase. I'd love it.

NoD
08-16-2006, 07:39 PM
It makes me wish I hadn't spent the money on this album. I'd rather not have given tool the impression that it was worth the 14 bucks I paid for it.

I hope they play stuff entirely from Undertow for this upcoming tour, just to piss off Tool's newer fanbase. I'd love it.

you go girl

RedMetalSox
08-16-2006, 07:40 PM
yeah now theres only 2 ok songs on TKD

morgoth's shadow
08-16-2006, 07:40 PM
then the X file being, looking like some kinda blue green Jackie chan, with Isabella Rossellini lips, and breath that reeked of vanilla chig champa, did a slow mo matrix decent outta the butt end of the banana vessel, and hovered above my bug eyes, my gaping jaw, and my sweaty elron hubbard upper lip and all I could think was, "I hope uncle martin here doesn't notice that I pissed my fuckin pants!!"

so fucking funny. and so different from what everyone thought it was. hmm.

i don't get what everyone's bitching about. how do these official lyrics "ruin" the song any more than the unofficial ones?

imatoolhed
08-16-2006, 07:41 PM

i found that funny as well

RidetheRedshift
08-16-2006, 07:42 PM

I'm not gonna get a chance to check out this tour, BUT... if I was, entirely Undertow would be amazing. Just cause I love that disc. And actually I thought 10KDays was doing a fantastic job of shaking some of the Lateralus fanbase that fucked up most of the concert experiences I had w/Tool during those times.

Aunt Acid
08-16-2006, 08:00 PM
ROSETTA STONED

All righty then... picture this if you will...
10 to 2 am, X, yogi DMT, and a box of krispy kreme's in my "need to know" pose just outside of area 51, contemplating the whole chosen people thingy when just then a flaming stealth banana split the sky like one would hope but never really expect to see in a place like this. Cutting right angle donuts on a dime and stopping right at my birkinstocks, and me yelping "holy fuckin' shit!"

so light in his way, like an apparition, that he had me crying out...
"fuck me! It's gotta be the dead head chemistry. (the) blotter got right on top o' me. Got me seeing E mutha fuckin T!

and after calming me down with some orange slices and some fetal spooning, E.T. revealed to me his singular purpose. He said. "you are the chosen one. The one who will deliver the message. A message of hope for those who choose to hear it, and a warning for those who do not." Me! The chosen one. They chose me!!!! And I didn't even graduate from fuckin' high school!!

Then he looked right through me with somniferous almond eyes. Don't even know what that means. Must remember to write it down.
This is so real. Like the time Dave floated away. See, my heart is pounding. cuz this shit never happens to me.
Can't breathe right now.

It was so real. Like I woke up in wonderland. all sorta terrifying. I don't wanna be alone while I tell this story.
And can anyone tell me why y'all sound like peanuts parents?
Will I ever be coming down?
This is so real. Finally it's my lucky day See, my heart is racing cuz this shit never happens to me.
Can't breathe right now.

You believe me don't you? Please believe what I've just said. See, the dead ain't touring and this wasn't all in my head. see they took me by the hand and invited me right in. then they showed me something. I don't even know where to begin.

Can't remember what they said. God damn. Shit the bed.
Overwhelmed as one would be placed in my position...
Born to bear and bring to all the details of our ending.
to write it down for all the world to see.
But I forgot my pen. Shit the bed again. Typical.

Sun kissed and Sudafed Gyro scopes and infrared
won't help. I'm brain dead. Can't remember what they said.
God damn. Shit the bed.

Can't remember what they said to me.
Can't remember what they said to make me out to be the hero.
Bob help me.

We don't know and we won't know.
God damn shit the bed.

Rosetta Stoned words by Maynard James Keenan

www.toolband.com/newsletter/

moneyisevil
08-16-2006, 08:05 PM
haters all of you

Sasha
08-16-2006, 08:05 PM
You people are so damn stuck up. You really need to reread your posts after you hit the submit button. I for one like this version much better than the gathered lyrics throughout the web, it presents more of Maynard's type of humor.

That's the backstory behind Rosetta Stoned?!?!

Son of a bitch, this album just keeps getting worse and worse...
Are you implying that Blair's and Camella's road trip was what inspired 10,000 Days in a sense? Please clarify.

Ocelot199
08-16-2006, 08:07 PM
I'm not gonna get a chance to check out this tour, BUT... if I was, entirely Undertow would be amazing. Just cause I love that disc. And actually I thought 10KDays was doing a fantastic job of shaking some of the Lateralus fanbase that fucked up most of the concert experiences I had w/Tool during those times.
Haha, maybe that was Tool's plan: Lets release an annoyingly bad album that basically mocks the last 17 years of musicial respect we've gained just to get rid of the annoying people we attracted from our last album.

Makes sense, imo :)

parables in the world
08-16-2006, 08:08 PM
well i guess we'll have to listen again for the distinct lyrics.

Kelly
08-16-2006, 08:11 PM
This song reminds me of a hippies version of Contact with Jodie Foster.

gerbil
08-16-2006, 08:14 PM
Nothing will please you guys.

jonboy
08-16-2006, 08:20 PM
Lets hope they dont use the news letters for the rest of the lyrics. We will be waiting all fuckin year.

Ocelot199
08-16-2006, 08:23 PM
This song reminds me of a hippies version of Contact with Jodie Foster.
I like Contact. Good movie, very good book.

Weapon
08-16-2006, 08:26 PM

Can you imagine what they'd do if they found out Ocelot199 thinks 10000 days isn't worth 14 bucks?? omg!

cry more

Kelly
08-16-2006, 08:27 PM
srsy though, the world is going to end in the movie if the humans dont listen. Just like Maynards whole point behind the song-although maynard is talking more about how the state of modern man is horrible than alien destruction.

RedMetalSox
08-16-2006, 08:28 PM
yeah i like this song, but what the fuck is yogi DMT?

Kelly
08-16-2006, 08:29 PM
yeah i like this song, but what the fuck is yogi DMT?

Performing Yoga while being on DMT

RedMetalSox
08-16-2006, 08:30 PM
oh it said yoga? i thought i read yogi....my bad.

Kelly
08-16-2006, 08:31 PM
I'm pretty sure it does say Yogi, but still it's the same thing I believe.

moneyisevil
08-16-2006, 08:32 PM
alex grey said the song is about their friend dave who actually shit the bed while camping outside of area 51 while tripping

the song also mocks people who think that drugs "show them everything" and take hullicinations as prophecies (i have a friend who takes ayawaska and shrooms and swears that aliens talk to him and tell him the destruction of humanity, and he experiences merkabas etc. and he takes wayyyy to literal)

i dont think that mjk is denouncing taking drugs as it can show u a different reality exists besides your sober perception, but i think he mocks people who think they tripping somehows lets you see "the truth"

RedMetalSox
08-16-2006, 08:33 PM
whats a merkaba....tell me im too lazy to look it up.

CaseLogic
08-16-2006, 08:34 PM
I just saw 'em on the newsletter, came to post in case it wasn't posted already.

About time! Can't wait for the rest...

moneyisevil
08-16-2006, 08:34 PM
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Merkaba

edit: just read the section titled NEW AGE

Parabowl
08-16-2006, 08:50 PM
I like Contact. Good movie, very good book.

god damn that movie sucked

RidetheRedshift
08-16-2006, 09:01 PM

really? kinda slow imo but still pretty cool premise.

Ocelot199
08-16-2006, 09:02 PM
What sucked about it? I haven't seen it in years, but I remember really liking it. Good premise, nicely put, decently acted. It stuck to the book, for the most part, which I approve of.

A.S.H
08-16-2006, 09:35 PM
So it is "alrighty then". Cid looking at you

Hannibal
08-16-2006, 09:40 PM
shouldn't this be in the roseta stoned forum?

oh wait...it already is..

Mister Moltar
08-16-2006, 09:41 PM
I'm suprised there are so many celebrity refrences.

Mr Silver
08-16-2006, 10:35 PM
I hated the ending of Contact - just too wishy washy for me.

Other than that it was an interesting film

there's only so much I can take of Jodie Foster's twitching eyebrows, imploring looks and throbbing forehead vein though ;)

troublefunk
08-16-2006, 10:36 PM
Alrighty then! Victory!

hushypushy
08-16-2006, 10:46 PM

NO

Alrighty then! Victory!

NO!

it's "all righty" so everyone who said alrighty/alright are wrong!!!

just kidding guys, seriously who gives a shit about that. it's just interesting to see the lyrics that make sense, but no one ever really thought of.

peanuts parents ftw!

blood_wh0re
08-16-2006, 10:50 PM
So who the hell is DAVE and who the fuck is BoB?

and why the hell should I care?

TheTemperamentalGoat
08-16-2006, 10:59 PM
These lyrics are great. Very funny. I knew that when I read the real lyrics the songs would sound better to me. I fucking can't wait for the others to be posted.

Muladhara
08-16-2006, 11:04 PM
So Maynard doesn't know that "L Ron Hubbard" is the guy's name, not "Elron"?

My fave bit is "Bob help me".

TheTemperamentalGoat
08-16-2006, 11:25 PM
Sp Maynard doesn't know that "L Ron Hubbard" is the guy's name, not "Elron"?

Either Maynard or Blair. Or maybe it was intentional

hushypushy
08-16-2006, 11:44 PM
yeah, that could be a whole other bunch of crap they are throwing on us to decipher ;)

HelenA
08-17-2006, 01:03 AM
And it IS Uncle Martin - that is so cool. I loved that show.

tDoXoMl
08-17-2006, 01:30 AM
maybe it is elron like enron. maybe im enwrong...

Muladhara
08-17-2006, 01:45 AM
So Maynard doesn't know that "L Ron Hubbard" is the guy's name, not "Elron"?

Actually, I just looked this up, "Elron hubbard" is a lampoon of "L Ron Hubbard":

http://www.clambake.org/archive/books/lampoon/lampart.htm

Fucking brilliant.

Terry21
08-17-2006, 03:22 AM
"Sun kissed and Sudafed Gyro scopes and infrared"

"so light in his way, like an apparition, that he had me crying out..."

thought it is "so he lighted his way, like an aborigine he had me crying out" and "sunkist and sudafed"

And the peanuts parents part is overdubbed with "all of a sudden it was a repeat experience" i'm sure

molehill
08-17-2006, 03:36 AM
Re: Bob help me -

If you read Douglas Adams 'Mostly Harmless' (the last book of the Hitchhikers Guide series), when Arthur is stuck on a parallel-dimension earth as the sandwich maker for an undeveloped tribe/culture, 'The Almighty Bob' is their deity of choice, as it were. It may be a reference to that.

But Bob only knows if this is correct...

Terry21
08-17-2006, 03:39 AM
By the way, the parents of The Peanuts are the sound of a saxophone.

molehill
08-17-2006, 03:47 AM
And the peanuts parents part is overdubbed with "all of a sudden it was a repeat experience" i'm sure

I suspect that this happens in a few places in the song. I can hear 'the official lyrics' but also, equally as clearly hear something else too in a few places.

Jimmeny
08-17-2006, 04:16 AM
Dunno how anyone can refute the existence of the 'y' on alrighty anyway.

M.Luther
08-17-2006, 04:44 AM
i still say its not peanuts parents, but "repeat experience".

futant55
08-17-2006, 05:40 AM
So who the hell is DAVE and who the fuck is BoB?

and why the hell should I care?
I might be far off, but wasnt the guy fron 2001 a space odyssey's name dave and he was floating around in space?

M.Luther
08-17-2006, 05:48 AM
so what do you mean? now the song is from the perspective of HAL?

DON IOTAE
08-17-2006, 06:00 AM
finally.

Choice Breath
08-17-2006, 06:07 AM
Blair may have all of the lyrics

DON IOTAE
08-17-2006, 06:09 AM
thats a given

mr. nikki jensen
08-17-2006, 06:25 AM
god damn! shat the bed!

(then i saw it)

futant55
08-17-2006, 06:39 AM
so what do you mean? now the song is from the perspective of HAL?
No, I was really trying to say anything for sure. This is just waht popped in my head. I've never even seen the movie.

Opiate Son
08-17-2006, 07:04 AM

"you must have been...... some guy"

Opiate Son
08-17-2006, 07:56 AM
anyone know who that guy is in the picture looking at the pothole on the side of the road? kinda looks like.......

M.Luther
08-17-2006, 07:58 AM
i think a shit pipe used for transporting illegals of course.?

mike09
08-17-2006, 08:02 AM
X, I'll assume, is Ecstasy. What the hell is "yogi DMT"? It sounds like a drug but I guess I'm not too hip on the drug lingo. haha.

I suspect that this happens in a few places in the song. I can hear 'the official lyrics' but also, equally as clearly hear something else too in a few places.

I agree. These are definitely the real lyrics, but there's extra stuff going on in there too. When Maynard says "see they took me by the hand", it sounds like he's saying something else too at the same time.

weesper
08-17-2006, 08:17 AM
DMT is Dextromethorphan

but spooning fetally, wtf?

IC
08-17-2006, 08:28 AM
in the fetal possition. mind y ou.
hey whats up

Guerrilla
08-17-2006, 08:40 AM
Nothing will please you guys.

definitely nothing short of a fresh-pressed copy of undertow or aenima.

mike09
08-17-2006, 08:46 AM
DMT is Dextromethorphan

That's how aliens roll yo.

But what the fuck is yogi DMT?

Cid
08-17-2006, 08:53 AM

haha...i still don't hear it and never will. read some of maynards other "official" lyrics while listening to the song and you'll hear him actually say different words. i won't believe it ever!!!!!!!!!

Cid
08-17-2006, 08:53 AM
Alrighty then! Victory!

BULLSHIT!!!

morgoth's shadow
08-17-2006, 08:55 AM
alex grey said the song is about their friend dave who actually shit the bed while camping outside of area 51 while tripping

the song also mocks people who think that drugs "show them everything" and take hullicinations as prophecies (i have a friend who takes ayawaska and shrooms and swears that aliens talk to him and tell him the destruction of humanity, and he experiences merkabas etc. and he takes wayyyy to literal)

i dont think that mjk is denouncing taking drugs as it can show u a different reality exists besides your sober perception, but i think he mocks people who think they tripping somehows lets you see "the truth"

you mean like alex grey himself?

Cid
08-17-2006, 08:55 AM
DMT is Dextromethorphan

DMT is dimethyltryptamine....DXM is dextromethorphan

MORNING_GLORY
08-17-2006, 09:14 AM
anyone know who that guy is in the picture looking at the pothole on the side of the road? kinda looks like.......

...blair?

gerbil
08-17-2006, 09:29 AM
The March 2004 Newsletter has a picture that has "10000 Dias" written on it. Did we know the name of the album at that point?

steve99_9
08-17-2006, 09:39 AM
which picture??
and i can guess we didn't know about 10,000 Days 2 years ago

sonnyboy11
08-17-2006, 09:42 AM

That is a great fuckin line!

hushypushy
08-17-2006, 09:43 AM

hmm...

first result for yogi DMT (http://www.erowid.org/chemicals/dmt/dmt_synthesis1.shtml)

there's nothing for "yogi dmt"

check this out though... (http://leda.lycaeum.org/?ID=4966)

I recall Terence McKenna mentioning a Tibetan yogi taking DMT and saying he experienced the "lesser lights" of the Bardos on his trip.

DeepDepth
08-17-2006, 09:45 AM
That's how aliens roll yo.

Someone answered the DMT part, which I knew what it is, although I haven't done it. The "yogi" part is weird to me though, just a different "strain?"(wrong word I know). Like 'dancing condoms' acid or 'butterfly' xtc? Searched google for yogi dmt and nothing exact jumped out at me, except for some quote about a Tibetan Yogi doing DMT.

DeepDepth
08-17-2006, 09:46 AM
hmm...

first result for yogi DMT (http://www.erowid.org/chemicals/dmt/dmt_synthesis1.shtml)

there's nothing for "yogi dmt"

check this out though... (http://leda.lycaeum.org/?ID=4966)

Exactly what I found

Opiate Son
08-17-2006, 10:02 AM
...blair?

i thought it actually looked like the Nard (a.k.a. Kent)......flame on people!

Opiate Son
08-17-2006, 10:06 AM
looked again and it really looks like him, crouched down by the side of the road wearing a hat...who knows.

A.S.H
08-17-2006, 10:23 AM
haha...i still don't hear it and never will. read some of maynards other "official" lyrics while listening to the song and you'll hear him actually say different words. i won't believe it ever!!!!!!!!!

Yes. Fine. Your choice.

Opiate Son
08-17-2006, 10:29 AM

i'm curious, what do you think he's saying?

Semp
08-17-2006, 10:36 AM
Finally, all those "Needle spooning" morons can shut the fuck up.

Too bad no amount of lyrics will stop people posting shit like "omf, what if it's a METAPHOR?!!?! liek I don't think maytanard is rly being kidnaped by drugs-aliens!"

Semp
08-17-2006, 10:57 AM
I've been saying that one the whole time.

Although I am still convinced he says "Uncle Quark" and not "Uncle Martin". Whatever

Yeah, I always thought there was a definate K sound in there

smirk
08-17-2006, 11:10 AM
Love the song, can't wait to see 'em do it in Chicago.

I like the lyrics too, haters.

Terry21
08-17-2006, 11:23 AM
I just hope they didn't only do this for this article and feel a little like revealing now. I wanna have the other lyrics too. :(

black_rose
08-17-2006, 11:55 AM
A person who practices yoga is called yogi and DMT is a naturally occurring hallucinogenic produced by the pineal gland in the brain, some people apparently use yoga amongst other things to trigger this hallucinogen and can have very surreal experiences.

kingred
08-17-2006, 12:25 PM
I WOULD FUCKING PISS MYSELF IF BARNEY WAS DOING THE HAPPY DANCE IN THE ROSETTA FOOTAGE FOR YOUR SUCKY TOUR THIS AUTUMN, YA BASTARDS

Cid
08-17-2006, 01:40 PM
i'm curious, what do you think he's saying?

i don't hear the "ee" in "alrighty" which is what he suppopsedly says. there's a million page thread about it if you want to read it, not really worth it in my opinion.

DON IOTAE
08-17-2006, 01:59 PM
i used to think that it was alright, but now i do hear the "ee"

hey, used is an anagram of sued...

EssnayRepXTamEt
08-17-2006, 02:31 PM
Yogi DMT refers to Yogi Bear

mike09
08-17-2006, 02:42 PM
i don't hear the "ee" in "alrighty" which is what he suppopsedly says. there's a million page thread about it if you want to read it, not really worth it in my opinion.

Really? That's strange. It's as clear as day to me that he says "alrighty". That's actually kind of strange that you don't hear that. Maybe it's something with your ears?

Cid
08-17-2006, 03:47 PM
Really? That's strange. It's as clear as day to me that he says "alrighty". That's actually kind of strange that you don't hear that. Maybe it's something with your ears?

i hear 3 syllables, and i've asked a bunch of people that have no clue what it's from just how many syllables they hear and most of them said 3. "alright then". it doesn't matter at all....maybe it's something with your ears :)

mike09
08-17-2006, 04:06 PM
i hear 3 syllables, and i've asked a bunch of people that have no clue what it's from just how many syllables they hear and most of them said 3. "alright then". it doesn't matter at all....maybe it's something with your ears :)

maybe its something with maynards ears?

Cid
08-17-2006, 05:39 PM
maybe its something with maynards ears?

could be...he's a weird guy.

mike09
08-17-2006, 07:45 PM
he certainly is

gerbil
08-17-2006, 07:56 PM
which picture??
and i can guess we didn't know about 10,000 Days 2 years ago

This one (http://www.toolband.com/news/letter/images/200403/03-havana-lg.jpg). Upper left hand picture, on the wall. Blair said, "Maybe you can see the writing on the wall."

Noice.

And, er, yeah. 2004. Right.

mike09
08-17-2006, 08:03 PM
oh snap, we had the title of the album 2 years ago. would you look at that!

DON IOTAE
08-17-2006, 08:07 PM
i knew all about it. i just kept my mouth shut.

mike09
08-17-2006, 08:24 PM
yeah ill bet

DON IOTAE
08-17-2006, 08:27 PM
seriously. i was paid to zip it.

mike09
08-17-2006, 09:12 PM
yeah ill bet

hushypushy
08-17-2006, 10:23 PM
or maybe they just uploaded a new picture like last week that had an update with 10,000 days photoshopped in

DON IOTAE
08-18-2006, 04:25 AM
:x. fo sho.

Terry21
08-18-2006, 05:04 AM
:x. fo sho.

SHUT THE FUCK UP TROLL.

praefector
08-18-2006, 06:33 AM

i doubt that would piss anyone off.

Ollie1001
08-18-2006, 06:42 AM
Is anyone else having trouble hearing the "..X, yogi DMT, and.." part?
I just can't make it out. Not sure how it's prenounced, or whether DMT is actually said as Dimethyltryptamine, just can't seem to hear it fitting.

rogerdoger
08-18-2006, 07:01 AM
Is anyone else having trouble hearing the "..X, yogi DMT, and.." part?
I just can't make it out. Not sure how it's prenounced, or whether DMT is actually said as Dextromethorphan, just can't seem to hear it fitting.
YES, I keep trying to hear and I just don't.

And on thee picture stuff it looks like it says 10,000 dias, not days.....

And on the "Elron" comment look here: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/L._Ron_Hubbard#Dianetics
It's about halfway down the parody section, and who know's if it means anything or not....

savelints8
08-18-2006, 07:28 AM
...did a slow mo matrix decent outta the butt end of the banana vessel, and hovered above my bug eyes...

abananadabananadabananadabananadabanana...LMAO

cliff
08-18-2006, 08:00 AM
Haha, maybe that was Tool's plan: Lets release an annoyingly bad album that basically mocks the last 17 years of musicial respect we've gained just to get rid of the annoying people we attracted from our last album.

Makes sense, imo :)

Why bother checking this website if your just a pussy hater?

Terry21
08-18-2006, 08:00 AM
"did a slow mo matrix decent outta the butt end of the banana vessel"

Can anyone explain this sentence to me?

I don't get what he did. Did he do a slow motion ... vessel? But a vessel is something to put liquids in? I don't get how the sentence is built lol.

savelints8
08-18-2006, 08:14 AM
This creature kind of slowly floated out of the back - "butt end" - of the ship. "Vessel" is also another word for a ship - on the water, a spaceship, etc.

Cid
08-18-2006, 08:46 AM
or whether DMT is actually said as Dextromethorphan, just can't seem to hear it fitting.

DMT is NOT (!!!!) Dextromethorphan. DMT is Dimethyltryptamine. DXM is Dextromethorphan.

http://www.erowid.org/chemicals/dmt/dmt.shtml
http://www.erowid.org/chemicals/dxm/dxm.shtml

previously said in this thread...
DMT is dimethyltryptamine....DXM is dextromethorphan

hushypushy
08-18-2006, 09:01 AM
YES, I keep trying to hear and I just don't.

i hear it perfectly. i never thought that any of that "actually eating up a box of krispy kreme" made any sense. i hear x, yogi dmt, and a box of krispy kreme perfectly...i did one of those "slap your forehead" type moments when i first saw the lyrics because it's so obvious (but who would ever actually realize it's that...?)

i still hear abananandabananana though, what is that slow mo matrix shit? wow

MORNING_GLORY
08-18-2006, 10:17 AM
i don't hear the "x, yogi dmt" part, but i do hear the matrix slow mo decent part

Terry21
08-18-2006, 10:25 AM
I hear the vessel part. He definately sings that, incredibly fast.

About the sentence...

Where is the actual thing that the alien creature does? A "decent"? Or a "slo-mo Matrix"? For me there's something like "kick" missing. ;P Help would be aprecciated.

mike09
08-18-2006, 11:45 AM
I think it's supposed to be descent, not decent.

Rod
08-18-2006, 12:12 PM

Like when he sings:

I swear he's singing

Such a heavy burden now to be the WOMAN

I know it makes no sense.

Aunt Acid
08-18-2006, 12:52 PM

About the sentence...

Where is the actual thing that the alien creature does? A "decent"? Or a "slo-mo Matrix"? For me there's something like "kick" missing. ;P Help would be aprecciated.

He does a Slo-Mo Matrix descent.

Terry21
08-18-2006, 01:02 PM

Guess Blair fucked it up. In the lyrics there is "decent".

Aunt Acid
08-18-2006, 01:15 PM
Guess Blair fucked it up. In the lyrics there is "decent".

Ah. Blair also typed Elron instead of L. Ron, but that may have been on purpose.

Gnome_Chomsky
08-18-2006, 01:35 PM
Yogi DMT, Yogi bear stole the pick-a-nic baskets. The character probably stole this DMT from some one else, along with a box of krispy kremes and what not.

Terry21
08-18-2006, 02:24 PM
Ah. Blair also typed Elron instead of L. Ron, but that may have been on purpose.

No, that's purpose, read in the other threads, some guys have an explantation for it.

rogerdoger
08-18-2006, 05:20 PM

About the sentence...

If you've ever seen The Matrix (probably have), you'll know that in the movie there are lots of slow motion actions such as flips and whatnot. I think this line refers to something like that. For instance, maybe the alien did a slow motion back flip out of the back of the spaceship.... hope this helps.

hushypushy
08-18-2006, 08:17 PM

yeah, stupid typos. i cant believe people are getting hung up on that.

Terry21
08-19-2006, 02:37 AM
If you've ever seen The Matrix (probably have), you'll know that in the movie there are lots of slow motion actions such as flips and whatnot. I think this line refers to something like that. For instance, maybe the alien did a slow motion back flip out of the back of the spaceship.... hope this helps.

Yeah, sure,, I said there's some word like "kick" or "flip" missing, what he is really DOING. Seems like he is doing a "descent", whatever that means in this context.

Terry21
08-19-2006, 03:31 AM
By the way, he's contemplating the whole chosen people thing. Contemplating can be some form of meditation in which you seek a different state of mind by thinking deeper about things.

mike09
08-19-2006, 05:37 AM
Seems like he is doing a "descent", whatever that means in this context.

What's so confusing? A descent is a movement to a lower place from where you are. A slow motion matrix descent is just him doing some kind of move you'd see in The Matrix from the vessel to the ground below.

vicariouslyeye
08-21-2006, 01:21 PM
hmm... now i remember why i hated this forum in the first place, just too many immature people writing down how much they hate the album. c'mon, get a life!!
this was definitely the last time i read one of these pathetic posts.
cyall in mannheim in december ;P

Terry21
08-21-2006, 03:46 PM
Uhm, well, ok? I guess see you too in Mannheim. :P

By the way, does anyone else think that "all of this is a repeat experience" (or anything like that) would horribly fit in the song? The story telling style of the "hero" gets to a point where you think it actually happens now. So that would really fit if you read the lyrics before.

littlejason
08-22-2006, 01:12 AM
Gotta say, i think these are the official lyrics, but i don't think they're 100% what's on the album. Not to mention i bet you anything he's gonna wind up changing the lyrics on stage a million times.

I have a hard time thinking that there'll ever be 100% concrete and constant lyrics for this song...at least i don't want there to be, i would love to see it changed up, and OFTEN

Ranger10000
08-22-2006, 09:20 AM
A person who practices yoga is called yogi and DMT is a naturally occurring hallucinogenic produced by the pineal gland in the brain, some people apparently use yoga amongst other things to trigger this hallucinogen and can have very surreal experiences.

Nice interpretation for us all who havent understood yogi dmt, but i was expecting to hear a reference to the character dropping cid since he does say Blotter got right on top of me...

Maybe there is a metaphore somewhere in the lyrics for dropping cid, cause thats the only blotter i know of.

Terry21
08-22-2006, 10:57 AM
^ Well, Lost Keys (Blame Hofmann) refers to LSD.

rogerdoger
08-22-2006, 11:08 AM
What's so confusing? A descent is a movement to a lower place from where you are. A slow motion matrix descent is just him doing some kind of move you'd see in The Matrix from the vessel to the ground below.

Exactly, there's nothing missing...

morgoth's shadow
08-22-2006, 11:09 AM
Haha yea.... Cow killing cow killing cow...

better yet. munky killing munky killing munky

rogerdoger
08-22-2006, 11:09 AM
^ Well, Lost Keys (Blame Hofmann) refers to LSD.

Yea, but that could just mean that the doctors think it's LSD...

CaseLogic
08-22-2006, 12:30 PM
I can't hear the "cutting right angles" part AT ALL - am I the only one? It still sounds like "anyway, I put.."

Ranger10000
08-22-2006, 04:12 PM
there was a time way back in this thread where i posted i heard cutting something, but couldnt tell, so now i can clearly hear cutting right angle donuts on a dime. Also someone else heard, "doing radical donuts on a dime", so we were all very close.

tbrent21
08-22-2006, 04:24 PM
Yea, but that could just mean that the doctors think it's LSD...

Sure - the Hofmann reference is there just because the characters we hear in "Lost Keys" think the mystery man is tripping on LSD, when actually TOOL had something else in mind, and the Hofmann reference is just there to trick us. I got it now. Thanks!

Wait, which doctors exactly? The nurse says "we're not sure" when asked what's wrong with the patient, and the doctor's assessment is "hmmm. . . not much here is there?" You're probably talking about some other doctors though, ones we all missed, so that's cool.

rogerdoger
08-22-2006, 04:33 PM
Sure - the Hofmann reference is there just because the characters we hear in "Lost Keys" think the mystery man is tripping on LSD, when actually TOOL had something else in mind, and the Hofmann reference is just there to trick us. I got it now. Thanks!

Wait, which doctors exactly? The nurse says "we're not sure" when asked what's wrong with the patient, and the doctor's assessment is "hmmm. . . not much here is there?" You're probably talking about some other doctors though, ones we all missed, so that's cool.

Nah, I just meant it as in this:
The doctors never litterally says "he's on LSD", but it's the idea that they will eventually just say he's tripping, even if what he says was (not saying this is the case) true.

rogerdoger
08-22-2006, 04:34 PM
^^And I don't think that's necissarily what the song title means, just one of various ideas.^^

jonboy
08-24-2006, 11:50 AM
X, I'll assume, is Ecstasy.

Could also be a date. It does come after a time.

Thirdeye11
08-24-2006, 02:20 PM
"Sun kissed and Sudafed Gyro scopes and infrared"

"so light in his way, like an apparition, that he had me crying out..."

thought it is "so he lighted his way, like an aborigine he had me crying out" and "sunkist and sudafed"

It's not, it's just multiple vocal parts overlapping themselves and making it sound like that. The real lyrics are what is in the song.