PDA

View Full Version : jam them!

ir0man
08-16-2006, 04:53 PM
I don't ever post here, and only check it occasionally, but I checked a lot when 10,000 Days came out about all the lyrics. It's an age old debate as to what he says and the site still says "Damn my eyes"

Last I checked this is highly debated and the most common other version is "jambi" in some debated pronunciation lol.

Well, it seems to me like he's saying "Jam my eyes"
Like Slipknot pushing your fingers into your eyes.
It seems to go along with the rest of the lyrics I was wondering if it had been suggested before and what the consensus is on "my" version :D

LetGoLetgoLetGo
08-16-2006, 05:10 PM
I like this new idea.

Come around more often.

rogerdoger
08-16-2006, 08:55 PM
I listen closely to it sometimes, and my opinion on what's being said changes. Though yes, I do hear "Jam my eyes" sometimes.
Well, we just got the lyrics for RS in the newsletter, maybe next month we'll get them for Jambi... or something else....

Terry21
08-17-2006, 06:54 AM
Damp my eyes, still my guess, if people would actually try it out...

mr. nikki jensen
08-17-2006, 07:05 AM
damn, jambi, dim

Terry21
08-17-2006, 07:08 AM
damn, jambi, dim

No, he sings Jambi all the time, but the song's name changes every 2nd listen. (imo)

paraflux
08-17-2006, 08:53 AM
damn, jambi, dim

mr. nikki jensen
08-17-2006, 09:01 AM
No, he sings Jambi all the time, but the song's name changes every 2nd listen. (imo)

im sure that it was "damn, jambi, dim at this years roskilde festival. the vocal sound was phenomenal clean so it was'nt difficult to hear it

Inner_Eulogy
08-18-2006, 09:53 AM
I don't ever post here, and only check it occasionally, but I checked a lot when 10,000 Days came out about all the lyrics. It's an age old debate as to what he says and the site still says "Damn my eyes"

Last I checked this is highly debated and the most common other version is "jambi" in some debated pronunciation lol.

Well, it seems to me like he's saying "Jam my eyes"
Like Slipknot pushing your fingers into your eyes.
It seems to go along with the rest of the lyrics I was wondering if it had been suggested before and what the consensus is on "my" version :D

Yes, this has been said many times. It's actually what I originally thought he was saying but when I listen I can clearly make out a 'B' sound "jam-bye". Again, I could be wrong.

euphaycis
08-18-2006, 11:24 AM
I hear;

"Dam my eyes, Jam-bi, Damn my eyes if they should ....etc"

rogerdoger
08-18-2006, 07:00 PM
Could he be saying "Damn my I eyes, Jambi, Damn my eyes" as if he were saying it to someone?

Terry21
08-19-2006, 03:39 AM
Again, first the song isn't called Jam-Bye, second Maynard says a "J" for a "D" or "T" a lot. Check out some random Tool songs, he does. Especially if it's as agressive as here. For the people that hear a "B", I still suggest my "damp my eyes" theory, if you think it's stupid, the "Jambi" thing is just as stupid. I heard a few live versions when I noticed he says something like "damn - B or P - my eyes". I listened to the actual recording and some other live versions and searched a little bit around and I seriously see it as a possibility that it is "damp my eyes".

Koan
08-19-2006, 04:24 AM
Actually, now it does sound like 'damp my eyes' to me.

spacemonkeyadb
08-19-2006, 04:37 AM
I hear;
"Dam my eyes, Jam-bi, Damn my eyes if they should ....etc"
Could he be saying "Damn my I eyes, Jambi, Damn my eyes" as if he were saying it to someone?
There's no way this could possibly be correct, at least for the album version, because there is a final Z-sound (as in "eyeZ") for all 3 parts of the lyric in question. "Jambi" by itself can be easily ruled out IMO.

FickMyDuck
08-19-2006, 10:16 AM
I hear a mixture of all the three commonly misheard lyrics: Jimn my eyes.

But really, I hear Damn, then I hear a word that starts with a J sound (Jambi?) and then Damn again

Terry21
08-19-2006, 10:19 AM
God damn. I'm not advertising my damp at this point but...

He sings the second time the same fucking thing as the other two times. That is a fucking fact and thinking that he sings "d / j / d" is just rediculous. It's like saying "I admit it is a D, but I still hold on on my J theory, so my J is in the middle because there the D sounds more like a J". Why would he say in the middle something else that sounds exactly like it? Do you think they wrote the name for the song and then wrote an expression that sounds exactly like it and then put the song name after it? The second time it sounds more like a J because he sings it even more agressive, but the same fucking word. "It's chime now, my time wow. Give me my. If he buy wings".

Liquid Ashes
08-19-2006, 08:10 PM
damn, jambi, dim

this is correct

Terry21
08-20-2006, 01:20 AM
God damn. I'm not advertising my damp at this point but...

He sings the second time the same fucking thing as the other two times. That is a fucking fact and thinking that he sings "d / j / d" is just rediculous. It's like saying "I admit it is a D, but I still hold on on my J theory, so my J is in the middle because there the D sounds more like a J". Why would he say in the middle something else that sounds exactly like it? Do you think they wrote the name for the song and then wrote an expression that sounds exactly like it and then put the song name after it? The second time it sounds more like a J because he sings it even more agressive, but the same fucking word. "It's chime now, my time wow. Give me my. If he buy wings".

MORNING_GLORY
08-20-2006, 06:38 PM
this is kind of silly... has anyone ever heard of context clues? 'jambi eyes' makes no sense, but people still try to reason it in. i swear no one has ever heard music other than tool... lots of singers stretch the sounds of words and bend them around... he is not saying Jambi eyes, hes just singing with a lot of enthusiasm.

rogerdoger
08-20-2006, 06:54 PM
maybe he just says things differently everytime including the live versions to confuse us.... haha

rogerdoger
08-20-2006, 07:00 PM
Again, first the song isn't called Jam-Bye, second Maynard says a "J" for a "D" or "T" a lot. Check out some random Tool songs, he does. Especially if it's as agressive as here. For the people that hear a "B", I still suggest my "damp my eyes" theory, if you think it's stupid, the "Jambi" thing is just as stupid. I heard a few live versions when I noticed he says something like "damn - B or P - my eyes". I listened to the actual recording and some other live versions and searched a little bit around and I seriously see it as a possibility that it is "damp my eyes".

After listening to a live clip I think your right.... still not sure though

EulogyCallinMe
08-29-2006, 10:40 AM
i think you can pretty much hear whatever you want to hear for that part i swear hes saying like four different things that sound alike simultaneously so that way there is no possibility of deciphering correctly the one line he is actually saying.

SunBurN
08-31-2006, 10:56 AM
est 1986 View Post
damn, jambi, dim

this is correct

I don't agree. I think it's incorrect.

All I've ever heard no matter how hard I've tried to keep an open mind to other options like jam, damn etc, to me its:

DIM MY EYES x3!

Get over it,
Get used to it,
Move on.

BSUfanatic
08-31-2006, 11:15 AM
Saw Tool live at the Gorge this weekend. I listened to this part of the song intently hoping for clarification and he clearly sang "Damn my eyes" three times. I must admit that it does not sound that way on the CD though.