PDA

View Full Version : Listened to this song while high

wix3l
08-16-2006, 10:46 AM
I listened to this song while I was high on hallucinogenic mushrooms. I got a weird interpretation of it.

I was thinking this song describes how fucked up humanity is, but I felt it was also saying that no matter how fucked up humans are, life is still beautiful.

Aunt Acid
08-16-2006, 12:37 PM
Getting "high" on Psilocybin is kind of contradictory. You TRIP off of them, getting "high" with them is childish and retarded, but yes, this song is perfect on them.

wix3l
08-16-2006, 01:19 PM
Getting "high" on Psilocybin is kind of contradictory. You TRIP off of them, getting "high" with them is childish and retarded,

whatever...

LetGoLetgoLetGo
08-16-2006, 05:18 PM
Getting "high" on Psilocybin is kind of contradictory. You TRIP off of them, getting "high" with them is childish and retarded, but yes, this song is perfect on them.

After years of research, I have concluded that you sir, are a complete fucking asshole. Have you tried splitting hairs before?

Is your explanation of shrooms that you TRIP and FALL, hence being "down" or "low", and not "high". Sure, if I took mushrooms, I would call it TRIPping or even "shrooming". But, are you implying that if someone describes the trip as a "high", their trip is in fact lesser than someone that has referred to it as "TRIPping"?

Aunt Acid
08-16-2006, 07:42 PM
After years of research, I have concluded that you sir, are a complete fucking asshole. Have you tried splitting hairs before?

Is your explanation of shrooms that you TRIP and FALL, hence being "down" or "low", and not "high". Sure, if I took mushrooms, I would call it TRIPping or even "shrooming". But, are you implying that if someone describes the trip as a "high", their trip is in fact lesser than someone that has referred to it as "TRIPping"?

Very much so. To call a mushroom trip a high would be understating. I think non-spiritual psychedelic use is fucking retarded, "getting high" to me sounds like he's doing mushrooms just to "get fucked up". My only point was that saying you're "high" on them sounds like you're not ready for them or that your understating your experience, although it did come off rather douchey.

MORNING_GLORY
08-16-2006, 07:48 PM
Instead of picking on his diction, why dont we pick on the lack of depth to this thread?

rogerdoger
08-16-2006, 07:54 PM
Instead of picking on his diction, why dont we pick on the lack of depth to this thread?
Yea seriously.

Judi
08-16-2006, 08:24 PM
I listened to this song while I was high on hallucinogenic mushrooms. I got a weird interpretation of it.

I was thinking this song describes how fucked up humanity is, but I felt it was also saying that no matter how fucked up humans are, life is still beautiful.

I agree with that and i've never even tried mushrooms.

Denots_a_Tesor
08-17-2006, 05:31 AM

I think you just described every tool song the equal force of polarities creates harminzation.

mr. nikki jensen
08-17-2006, 07:33 AM
listen to it while Sober works better for me....

Drugs fucks you up. Fact! done!

M.Luther
08-17-2006, 07:49 AM

lala
haha

mr. nikki jensen
08-17-2006, 07:52 AM
lala
haha

yea haha....

theENDisNear
08-20-2006, 01:07 PM
Very much so. To call a mushroom trip a high would be understating. I think non-spiritual psychedelic use is fucking retarded, "getting high" to me sounds like he's doing mushrooms just to "get fucked up". My only point was that saying you're "high" on them sounds like you're not ready for them or that your understating your experience, although it did come off rather douchey.

jesus fucking christ. what is it with assholes who just cant let ppl post a simple thread about an experience. instead of commenting on his experience of the song you "experienced-all knowing-druggies" tell him he doesnt get "high" on shrooms, he's supposed to "trip", and if he's high he's doing something wrong. please. can we all agree when shrooming, high on weed, or tripping on acid youre in a different place? you are seeing/hearing things differently although still the same person. it can either be an escape from reality or a door to true reality.
allow me to add that listening to music while fucked up is a rewarding experience though not necessary.

DON IOTAE
08-20-2006, 01:37 PM

*lol*

swampyfool
08-21-2006, 08:11 AM

Whatever. People, way back in the day, used to call themselves "stoned" after drinking a fifth. I've heard of "high" or "stoned" on acid, shrooms, MDMA, DMT, PCP . . . The lingo that associates itself with drugs is banished to the realm of counterculture by virtue of illegality, and therefore has been able to exist outside of the homoginizing influence of society-at-large and the status quo. As a result, words used to describe the effects of drugs are often influenced by regional dialects and new, lingual fads (for lack of a better description). The upshot of all of this is that the words we use to describe such experiences are as diverse and myriad as the experiences themselves. I've heard girls say that they were "tripping their balls off-" girls with whom I'd had personal experience of their lack of balls- but never once did I think to stop and correct them about their anatomy. I don't care if a person says they were "eighteen-wheelin' down the psychedelic psuperfreeway on mushrooms;" or "Rush Limbaugh-ing on some DMT;" or "buttpluggin' some MDMA (I've actually heard this one);" it's just not worth challenging. Celebrate the diversity of the lingo that surrounds drugs- it may be the last portion of our collective language that hasn't been Shanghaid by the societal urge to classify everything in terms of black and white.

swampyfool
08-21-2006, 08:14 AM

Huh. I don't get the life is beautiful from this song (I certainly do get it from the six-album repertoire). The beauty I find in this song is the elloquent expression of tragedy; defining the problem before the heartfelt, keening utterances of divine lamentation that the gifts of the heavens are somehow not enough. Fucking kickass.

DON IOTAE
08-21-2006, 05:13 PM
^ what strikes me as funny is that this interpretation is kinda what a sober 8 year old would say. please, my intention is not to discredit, but to expand.

so thats why i thought the post was funny. its a very simple, straightforward interpretation of RiT. And yes, life is beautiful.

dancingflame
08-22-2006, 03:36 AM
i dream of monkey

balrog
08-22-2006, 09:04 AM

It is not necessary to be "high" to catch the meaning of the song, just relate it to you. I´m sure it will be reflected to your own experience.

wix3l
08-23-2006, 02:39 PM
Fuck dude...you people who need to correct every little thing...just shut the fuck up. I DONT CARE.

high=stoned=tripping=fucked up=thizzing=rolling=on drugs. Same fuckin thing.

Sorry for seeing the song this way.

Mslash68
09-12-2006, 08:06 PM
just a bunch of Elitist fans. The ones who think that if you are taking any sort of drug, it should be because you are expanding your mind. Not only to have a good time and see some crazy shit.
I personally have done it for both reasons, therefore I am better and obviously know WAY more that any of you would.
Or mabe not.

theprosperone
09-13-2006, 10:42 PM

You know what? I love psychedelics and everything they've brought to the world through their use. I use them spiritually and have for many many years but it is FUCKING STUPID to talk down to people about mushrooms, lsd or any other psychedelic. You come off like him getting "high" from mushrooms is like he is using them incorrectly. There is no correct way to trip out. Everyone is different and everyone's experiences are going to be different and relative to their own existence. I've eaten mushrooms hundreds of times as well as Lsd and other psychoactives. I've had a wide array of experiences, emotions, revelations, happy times, silly times and even sad times. Mushrooms enhance perception and open the mind, they are going to do this to all aspects of your life and personality. I don't see why it would be far fetched to think that sometimes when people trip out they just have a good ole' happy and enjoyable time. Spirituality shouldn't be so limited, eat some more psychedelics and try to learn to also enjoy the lighter side of like bro.

On the original note of the thread, this whole album kicks ass to listen to while tripping out. Intension's drum beats floated through my brain and sent a strange tickle down my spine. Great lead into this song.

smeefsmeef
09-14-2006, 07:07 PM
You don't have to be on shrooms to get that message.

wix3l
09-14-2006, 09:23 PM
I know. Music is great sober. Its even greater while your intoxicated by different types of drugs I believe.

smeefsmeef
09-15-2006, 07:58 AM
True, true.

DON IOTAE
09-15-2006, 08:22 AM
yes, yes.

ToolKlouD
09-21-2006, 09:06 AM
Who cares... dont try to control. do and enjoy what you want, respect what you will. All i can ask of anyone, and only out of the will that i might actually be freinds with any of you one day is that you just be careful and responsible about it.

"know your body, know your mind, know your substance, know your source" -erowid.org
anyone ever heard that?
You have one life enjoy it however you want to.

iAMtheMA!
09-21-2006, 10:06 AM
life may be beautiful, but the perspective (or dimension) of our reality isn't. we are a virus destroying the earth. that is our nature. that is what defines us, but don't worry "mom's coming 'round to put it back the way it oughtta beeeeee". < talking about the nefilim's, btw.

you don't even need to boom to understand that the angels are pissed off at us, beyond jealousy. yeah, we were given the ability to choose while the angels are more or less servants of god (see: the movie "dogma" for this rant).

T3rdEyeVisual
09-21-2006, 04:51 PM
Whatever. People, way back in the day, used to call themselves "stoned" after drinking a fifth. I've heard of "high" or "stoned" on acid, shrooms, MDMA, DMT, PCP . . . The lingo that associates itself with drugs is banished to the realm of counterculture by virtue of illegality, and therefore has been able to exist outside of the homoginizing influence of society-at-large and the status quo. As a result, words used to describe the effects of drugs are often influenced by regional dialects and new, lingual fads (for lack of a better description). The upshot of all of this is that the words we use to describe such experiences are as diverse and myriad as the experiences themselves. I've heard girls say that they were "tripping their balls off-" girls with whom I'd had personal experience of their lack of balls- but never once did I think to stop and correct them about their anatomy. I don't care if a person says they were "eighteen-wheelin' down the psychedelic psuperfreeway on mushrooms;" or "Rush Limbaugh-ing on some DMT;" or "buttpluggin' some MDMA (I've actually heard this one);" it's just not worth challenging. Celebrate the diversity of the lingo that surrounds drugs- it may be the last portion of our collective language that hasn't been Shanghaid by the societal urge to classify everything in terms of black and white.

Fuck all you junkies, fuck all you junkies, fuck all you junkies

swampyfool
09-22-2006, 12:20 PM

"Junkies" implies addiction, lamewad.

OUTATIME
09-22-2006, 12:37 PM

What a sheep. Stop eating up all that Maynard serves and actually think about what you say.

iAMtheMA!
09-22-2006, 07:43 PM
What a sheep. Stop eating up all that Maynard serves and actually think about what you say.
i take it by the shovel and it's still not enoguh, shut the fuck up, ass.*

*personal attacks were added for the sake of humour.
"i can't say what i want to, even if i'm not serious..."

No one and nobody
09-25-2006, 01:58 PM
everyone here is wrong...any use of illicit substances is to be referred as being pwnd.... [pugh*ened]

get it straight...i was so pwnd the other day, i fell out of my chair...see? that was simple, and elegant...

27 Years
09-25-2006, 02:20 PM
Maybe thats what I'm missing, hallucinogenics...

futant55
09-25-2006, 04:00 PM

Your avatar would be really cool to look at on drugs.

DON IOTAE
09-25-2006, 04:12 PM
you musta been outta yo miiiiiiiiiiiiiiind!