PDA

View Full Version : A THOUGHT on "shit the bed"

metalwarriorx
08-15-2006, 11:39 PM
i dont know if anybody has posted this before ......

in the first passage where maynard says "shit the bed"
Strapped down on my bed
Feet cold, eyes red
I'm out of my head
Am I alive? Am I dead?
Can't remember what they said
God damn, shit the bed

this could be saying that he was taking on ship and be layed down and strapped down and then getting an anal probe.

then the second passage
Strapped down on my bed
Feet cold and eyes red
I'm out of my head
Am I alive? Am I dead?
Sunkist and Sudafed
Gyroscopes and [Nicorette / infrared]
Won't help, brain dead
Can't remember what they said
God damn, shit the bed

this could be saying that the doctor ofcourse knew he really was upducted and anal probed and then had to stick his hand in his anus and take it out. thats why he says "shit the bed" again because maybe shit came out just like it did when he got it inserted. and thats also why he says sudafed and wont help and gyroscopes.

then silence and then maynard screams like if he was in pain and now that he's not probed he will never know what they said.

ye well what do you think?

TheJuiceOfSatan
08-15-2006, 11:52 PM
I dunno, its possible. It's a good though.

metalwarriorx
08-16-2006, 12:21 AM
sudafed could be that he got drugged or something

metalwarriorx
08-16-2006, 12:21 AM
but then sunkist?

Infil
08-16-2006, 01:01 PM
"Strapped down on my bed". Otherwise it sound ok, I'm sure it's possible :)

metalwarriorx
08-16-2006, 04:10 PM
but the lyrics are in order like if he was telling a story, first verse he tells how he saw the stealth banana outside area 51, then the second verse talks about the x file being coming out and describing him, and so on and so on.

also right before he says "Strapped down on my bed" he says
See, they took me by the hand
And invited me right in.
Then they showed me something
I don't even know where to begin

so i think he did go in the stealth banana and was strapped down to HIS bed

plexus
08-16-2006, 10:12 PM
maybe he's sunkissed from all being out in the desert all day tripping.

Godin
08-19-2006, 03:54 PM
I've heard that sunkist and sudafed are supposed to enhance the acid trip. But if you're brain dead then nothing will enhance your mental experience of the trip of course.

mike09
08-19-2006, 08:46 PM
it's sun kissed, not sunkist

Caley
08-20-2006, 05:50 AM
"Shit the bed" is is a way of saying "i fucked up."
for instance, i would say "Wow I really shit the bed this time" if i forgot something that could save humanity.

Literally pooping in the presence of an alien being is not far off from what I would do, but to conform with the story Maynard is describing I think "shit the bed" is best taken out of literal context.

Riverrun
08-24-2006, 02:53 PM
Thank you Caley.

GaminCoda
08-24-2006, 07:47 PM
anyone remember that incubus song "Calgone"? he gets abducted.... then pissed the bed.... seems like aliens and expelling waste is a popular trend.
BTW... if you actually look at a can of Sunkist... there is no "U"... it's an "I" dotted by a splash... so it says SINKIST. just a random thing i remebered.
http://i47.photobucket.com/albums/f154/dissgrace/sunkist.jpg

fabienne78
08-25-2006, 03:15 AM
The "I fucked up" interpretation is most likely Imo. My hubby thought so too.

At first I thought he shit the bed out of anxiety. Don't some people let all muscles relax when scared to death?

Or maybe because he was strapped down to the bed he couldn't get out the go poop.

Thirdeye11
08-25-2006, 05:37 PM
I'm going with he didn't literally shit the bed. Twice in one song? Metaphor for sure...

As Maynard has said in the past, he wants people to make up their own interpretations so that it has meaning to you.

If you guys relate more closely to actually shitting the bed, more power to ya. I'm just not there with ya.

n_run
08-25-2006, 06:14 PM
I was thinking this had to do with the hospital scene in the previous track. He is still tripping when he begins the story and at some point he would be strapped down. This seems to make sense being that in the song he is talking to someone who we can only assume to be the hospital staff. He tells them that he can't breathe and his heart is pounding and he's ramblimg on about aliens so my thought would be the staff had him strapped down to the bed. I would agree with the other interpretation except that he references being strapped down to the bed before he shits it. Either way, literally or not, the meaning is the same.

44&4
08-25-2006, 08:16 PM
Uhhhh... "Shit the bed again, typical..."

MetaAsmo
09-04-2006, 05:24 PM
DMT or Ayahuasca often cause people to 'expell from their bowels', especially the later. Given what the song is about, it's not really much of a riddle or mystery to me...

People take these extremely strong psychedelics to explore new frontiers in their mind, end up shitting themselves.

the darknight
09-04-2006, 05:48 PM
I say myanard, in a funny way, is 'vicariously' showing the narrator as a child.

Kids shit the bed... and this dood does as well

the darknight
09-04-2006, 05:50 PM
anyone remember that incubus song "Calgone"? he gets abducted.... then pissed the bed.... seems like aliens and expelling waste is a popular trend.
BTW... if you actually look at a can of Sunkist... there is no "U"... it's an "I" dotted by a splash... so it says SINKIST. just a random thing i remebered.
http://i47.photobucket.com/albums/f154/dissgrace/sunkist.jpg

HA! woah thats crazy!

IcaLynn
09-08-2006, 08:59 AM
...something stinks...