PDA

View Full Version : What does the childs rhyme/song have to do with this song?

eapatty01
08-15-2006, 12:28 PM
The lyrics are confusing to me to begin with and this part doesn't help. A little insight?

erazorhead
08-17-2006, 06:37 AM
a childs rhyme stuck in my head, telling me life is but a dream

as in

row row row your boat, gentely down the stream.
merrily merrily merrilly merrilly, life is but a dream.

he remembers this rhyme from childhood and imagines its relevence to his current situation. 'Life is but a dream', the physical world and binds of the mind are products of our imagination. it can be transcended.

the song seems to talk about heavy psychedelic use to attain some higher knowledge. on psychedelics, even the most insignificant object, event, or concept can be imbued with the most profound symbolysm. memories will resurface and be remembered with new understings and perspectives. a child's rhyme rememberd could seem, to a hard tripping mofo, like a parable of human history, a simple sequence of words that becomes infinately more significant seems more powerful than they were ever previously imagined.

hope this helps
'zor

eapatty01
08-20-2006, 01:23 PM
a childs rhyme stuck in my head, telling me life is but a dream

as in

row row row your boat, gentely down the stream.
merrily merrily merrilly merrilly, life is but a dream.

he remembers this rhyme from childhood and imagines its relevence to his current situation. 'Life is but a dream', the physical world and binds of the mind are products of our imagination. it can be transcended.

the song seems to talk about heavy psychedelic use to attain some higher knowledge. on psychedelics, even the most insignificant object, event, or concept can be imbued with the most profound symbolysm. memories will resurface and be remembered with new understings and perspectives. a child's rhyme rememberd could seem, to a hard tripping mofo, like a parable of human history, a simple sequence of words that becomes infinately more significant seems more powerful than they were ever previously imagined.

hope this helps
'zor

It does....and thanks, now I want to do LSD

zchgla1
09-17-2006, 08:57 PM
"row row row your boat, gentely down the stream.
merrily merrily merrilly merrilly, life is but a dream."

That's very symbolic of life. I've never thought of that before...but now that I think about it, I'm sure that's what the writer of the rhyme intended.

Death In June
09-23-2006, 10:38 AM
Eh, I think you guys are a little off base. This is getting a little redundant on my part, but the child rhymes are referring to Icaros. Peyote songs. The whole song has references to Castaneda in it. i.e Holy crow above me. Phosphoresent desert buttons. Childs rhyme stuck in my head. Icaros were songs to call the Mescaline spirirt. They were sang to sooth/calm your nerve, strengthen your resolve, all that BS. They usually took the form of child rhymes, but were unique to the individual. If you want to take it a step further, "finding out that you've known it all along" is sort of directly taken from the fuckin' book.

fretforyourfigure462
10-12-2006, 02:43 PM
Hmm.
I dunno why I listen to anything anybody says on this forum...
But if it's any consolation, I agree with erazorhead.
Third eye has always been a confusing song to me.
I figured it was about drugs, because the beginning has Bill Hicks talking about it...but yeah.Ya never know?
I think we overanalyze things way too much.

Andorion
10-17-2006, 11:42 AM
Eh, I think you guys are a little off base. This is getting a little redundant on my part, but the child rhymes are referring to Icaros. Peyote songs. The whole song has references to Castaneda in it. i.e Holy crow above me. Phosphoresent desert buttons. Childs rhyme stuck in my head. Icaros were songs to call the Mescaline spirirt. They were sang to sooth/calm your nerve, strengthen your resolve, all that BS. They usually took the form of child rhymes, but were unique to the individual. If you want to take it a step further, "finding out that you've known it all along" is sort of directly taken from the fuckin' book.

No, I'm pretty sure it's about "Row row row your boat"

"Find I've known this all along" - almost every child knows the rhyme, without understanding it.

hushypushy
10-18-2006, 07:09 PM
The lyrics are confusing to me to begin with and this part doesn't help. A little insight?

listen to the beginning of the song---"today a young man on acid realized" and he says "that life is only a dream and we're the imagination of ourselves."

So, to me, that's what he can't get out of his head, this phrase he's heard so many times and now it's stuck in his head because he realizes how true it really is.

This is something one learns during/after a psychedelic experience, and that fact adds to the songs meaning, being about LSD or similar psychedlic substances.

insideyourmind
10-23-2006, 10:25 AM
well, im going to do acid this weekend and listen to this song... and find out if i can find a higher meaning to it