PDA

View Full Version : Dr. Albert Hoffman

UConn Philo
08-14-2006, 03:53 PM
Anyone else catch this from the toolband.com update on August 9th? The update about a journal that has an article about Tool:

"...a wonderful piece on DR. ALBERT HOFMANN (to whom issue #4 is dedicated - the good doctor having celebrated his 100th birthday on January 11) written by Alex who was among other notables of the psychedelic culture in attendance for the celebration/symposium..." (emphasis original).

Anybody get a copy of this journal? Or does anyone think there might be a connection?

M.Luther
08-24-2006, 07:02 PM
i dont think anyone was able to get ahold of it, but here's a painting alex grey unveiled for hoffman at the event.

painting (cant find a larger size..sorry) (http://www.cosm.org/hofmann/st_hofmann100.jpg)

face key (http://www.erowid.org/general/conferences/2006_lsd_symposium/images/archive/basel_alex_grey_painting_stalbert1.jpg)

-Lex

Terry21
08-25-2006, 12:59 AM
What do you mean "does anyone think there might be a connection?" This song is about the Lost Keys of perception, about Albert Hofmann, the inventor of LSD. That's been discussed long before, that's definately it.

couldbe
08-26-2006, 08:45 AM
What do you mean "does anyone think there might be a connection?" This song is about the Lost Keys of perception, about Albert Hofmann, the inventor of LSD. That's been discussed long before, that's definately it.

but then why in the offical lyrics of rosetta stoned, does it not talk about LSD, but of X and yogi DMT? I think the connection may have been severed....?

jonboy
08-27-2006, 04:53 PM
After hofmann discovered the effects of lsd he went on to research many other naturaly occuring halucinogenic compounds like mescalin and psylocibin\psylocin. Read his book : My Problem Child.

wearethestories
08-31-2006, 04:27 PM
but then why in the offical lyrics of rosetta stoned, does it not talk about LSD, but of X and yogi DMT? I think the connection may have been severed....?
DEADHEAD CHEMISTRY

I mean... do you know anything about the Grateful Dead?

grathrax
09-19-2006, 06:58 PM
There is also a doctor Heinrich Hoffman, a german doctor in the 1800s who is credited by some as being an early discoverer of ADD/ADHD. He could be "blamed" for it today. Its more than likely the LSD guy, but this is just another thing to consider.

lsdexmt
09-21-2006, 08:46 PM

He also says "Blotter something or other yada yada yada" and makes a few references to LSD and the dead (any dead references are generally synonamous with acid)

grathrax
09-22-2006, 06:39 AM
"Blotters Gotten on top of me"
"Dead-head Chemistry"

are specific LSD references