PDA

View Full Version : EVE

ride_si_sapitis
08-13-2006, 12:10 AM
After this much time since this album came out and all of the discussion it can be assumed that anyone reading this know about the songs reference to chromosome structures and what the extra chromosomes mean. (if you dont read another thread).

Aside from being a large Tool fan i am also a huge X-Files (the best show ever) fan and there is an episode from Season one called EVE. This episode is about a group of biologically engineered clones named the Adams and the Eves. They are given extra chromosomes which make them super soldiers and give them heighted sences of others and there own existance. This has also been seen as a reference to The Jesus like state of being. There is that reference within the Adams and Eves.

This episode was aired in 1993 and therefor was released before the album and maybe it had an influence on the song. There is another reference to the X-Files in the song Rosetta Stoned on 10,000 Days. This makes me conclude that maynard or someone in the band is also an X-files fan. if your interested i recomend watching the episode, it's quite good.

P.S. - Not that you care, this is a Tool forum, and EVE 6 are a crappy band, but this episode is where they got their name.

Khaotic
08-15-2006, 08:22 PM
Neat theory. I don't necsarily think that this song is based off of an X-files episode, but it sure could have an influence. I think the song is based of jungian theories that are present elsewhere besides the 46 & 2 lyric part.