PDA

View Full Version : I blame Hofmann too, sometimes

fractal.being
08-12-2006, 06:50 AM
Dr. Hofmann (not Hoffman as I notice a few of you suggest) is credited with the technical discovery of a "third" (thrid eye?) ergot derivative, d-lysergic acid diethylamide, or LSD. I note "third" as he had already been working with two variants, neither of which produced these extraordinary results.

I think they hit this one right on - I blame Hofmann too, sometimes.

I don't think there is too much to read into here.

~fractal.b

Mescaline
08-13-2006, 04:25 AM
but without hofmann... you wouldn't have called your self "FRACTAL being" ;)

hofmann's potion is a very extraordinary powerful tool if used with care and knowledge...
and can be dangerous if abused and misued...

LetGoLetgoLetGo
08-13-2006, 06:17 PM
but without hofmann... you wouldn't have called your self "FRACTAL being" ;)

LOL

fabienne78
08-17-2006, 04:03 AM
I once (and never again) had a very bad experience with shrooms. Never dared to try hofmanns invention. (never will either)

So please share with me your experience. What does LSD do to your brain?

mr. nikki jensen
08-17-2006, 07:47 AM
What does LSD do to your brain?

Fucks it up!

i guess

figgy2967
08-18-2006, 06:41 AM
I once (and never again) had a very bad experience with shrooms. Never dared to try hofmanns invention. (never will either)

So please share with me your experience. What does LSD do to your brain?

Done Acid plenty of times and shrooms a few time. First time i took to drops of acid in my eyes. Best fucking experience of my life... every time after that, including shrooms, was a nightmare... seriously. I really had bad fucking trips almost every time.... Don't fuck with the that shit any more. always good visuals, but the mind fuck was just to great. panic attacks and shit.. sucks

DMT.... even worse.. I've read that DMT releases a chemical in your brain that is only released when your born and when you die.... that shit is nuts

ThirdEyEwidEopEn
12-24-2006, 11:43 PM
Some people just dont have the mindset needed for trippin, everything is crucial to a good trip aswell, environment, people around you, music, mood your in b4 the trip everything comes into play in the key to having a good trip. As for the shrooms, go to nature they are sacred. "Yea I took shrooms and went to astroworld, I had a really bad time." I love that guy seriously he speaks to me on every level.

Inner_Eulogy
12-26-2006, 10:40 AM
Some people just dont have the mindset needed for trippin, everything is crucial to a good trip aswell, environment, people around you, music, mood your in b4 the trip everything comes into play in the key to having a good trip. As for the shrooms, go to nature they are sacred. "Yea I took shrooms and went to astroworld, I had a really bad time." I love that guy seriously he speaks to me on every level.

Agreed, if you're not a stable human bring to begin with or have depression issues, anger issues, whatever..you should not take any hallucinogens. I haven't done either in many years but when I was in my teens I took LSD and shrooms many times and I never once had a "bad trip". You should never do them alone and you should always do them with friends you know and trust and in a subtle environment. From what I can tell my brain has never suffered any issues from it. I can still think quite well and am still a quite intelligent person.

tryptosaur
03-14-2007, 04:36 AM
I wonder if the Lost Keys title means that once you cross over to the other side via DMT (dimethyltryptamine) you can never go back to the "place" you were before you went there.
There's a drink called ayahuasca that South American shamans make which contains DMT. It propells you there a little slower and can be an extremely enlightening experience.

Hodge
03-14-2007, 07:17 AM
I once (and never again) had a very bad experience with shrooms.

are you afraid of your own psyche? one bad trip should not curtail you from being brave enough to try them again. i've had some really amazing and profound experiences on shrooms, mixed in with some terrifying ones but you should not let that get in the way from trying them again and overcoming whatever fears you may have