PDA

View Full Version : What this is doing for me.

cgraham
08-11-2006, 12:30 PM
My father has a stage 4 brain tumur and his death is inevitable in the next few months. This song has made me stronger and able to approach what I have to see. I am leaving to texas in the next couple of weeks to help my mother out so that she is not alone with my father. This song has so much meaning and thought put into it that I really understand what he was going through. I really have begun to beleive in some form of spirituality and it has a lot to do with what I read here.

Thanks.

C.

martyrinexile86
08-12-2006, 08:17 AM
I'm sorry to hear this. Personally, I couldn't imagine losing either of my parents, so I'm only able to vaguely imagine what you must be going through at this very difficult time. Keep strong.

Opiate_Of_The_Mind
08-12-2006, 06:58 PM
Hey, that must be a really hard thing. Music sure can help out. If you have any spirituallity questions I am willing to share mine. (I won't push it on you. Just the offer is there.) My prayers will be with you.

Q'ayin
08-12-2006, 11:41 PM
Keep what you need. Allow help.

Simply two of the most valuable lessons that I have learned. Also, love to those in such an experience.

MoreTool
08-15-2006, 03:00 PM
music can make you feel so many things. i lost my young sisters 6 months ago and I can't stop crying when i hear her songs. She died before 10 000 days came and all i can think when i listen to 10 000 days is her. I introduced her to Tool with Lateralus and she became a big fan. My only wish is to listen to this album with her.....

cgraham
08-16-2006, 12:23 PM
music can make you feel so many things. i lost my young sisters 6 months ago and I can't stop crying when i hear her songs. She died before 10 000 days came and all i can think when i listen to 10 000 days is her. I introduced her to Tool with Lateralus and she became a big fan. My only wish is to listen to this album with her.....

I just had time to read what was posted. I have been busy. This is touchy but I am real moved by the responses.

Thanks.

C.

rogerdoger
08-16-2006, 09:48 PM
Just post something up here if you need any support.

Opiate_Of_The_Mind
08-23-2006, 07:33 PM
I think it's amazing how many people are willing to help you know? We are all brought together by one common love. Music, yet it ends up buidling friendships and support through troubles in life.

Alex in Chains
08-25-2006, 03:46 PM
My father has a stage 4 brain tumur and his death is inevitable in the next few months. This song has made me stronger and able to approach what I have to see. I am leaving to texas in the next couple of weeks to help my mother out so that she is not alone with my father. This song has so much meaning and thought put into it that I really understand what he was going through. I really have begun to beleive in some form of spirituality and it has a lot to do with what I read here.

Thanks.

C.

Feel you, man. My grandmother has stage 4 lung cancer, and has gone from 95 pounds to 76 over the last few months. I've been listening to this song in (I would imagine) much the same way you are. So I know where you're coming from.

And, as cheesy as this sounds, just remember:

We are eternal. All this pain is an illusion.

IcaLynn
08-28-2006, 09:03 AM
I just had time to read what was posted. I have been busy. This is touchy but I am real moved by the responses.

Thanks.

C.

my mom died just over a month ago. she had been sick for a very long time. she was in and out of the hospital for about 2 years. i was at a waterpark with my whole family excluding her when she passed. the EMT said that they were taking her to another hospital when her oxygen ran out, she smiled, and closed her eyes and didnt wake up. it was such a peaceful day in the water, i had found out not long after i had gotten home. i cried to my grandma that night and i felt my moms hand on knee, i covered it with my hand and closed my eyes. i felt out hands locked together that night. i'll never forget that. the night before she died, she was taken back to the hospital. before that, i was with her from the time i got up in the morning to the time she went to sleep. i was the only one to take care of her. she was bedridden too, so it was no picnic changing her bandages and oxygen tanks and ...other tanks. my dad refused to do much and neither of my brothers spoke to her those last few years, not much anyway. my oldest brother was funny, he came in now and then to talk and cheer her up, but the other one is a real asshole. my mom wanted nothing more than to get him out of the house. she said that she was afraid that he would kill her or me. my sister is the oldest, the only one out of the house and married, she came to visit against her husbands wishes. since mama died, i came to realize that my bro-in-law is abusing my sister, im very worried about her now that i have no one else to take care of. so, for the most part, i was the only one with my mom when she was sick, i spent my summer in the hospital with her 2 years ago and when she was released (after the doctors "gave up" on her) i sat there while she cried and complained.

i miss my mama. i know all too well what youre going through. just remember that these are your last few days, weeks, months with him, so make it count. i had 2 years to prepare for that day, i could have sworn that she had at least a few more weeks left. she was right though. she said that when her mother and sister came to visit from tennessee, she wouldnt have anything left to live for. she couldnt take care of me anymore, i was the one babying her. she was a great mother and she did all she could for my family. im over her now. i know where she is and i know that she is happier than she has been in a long time. i still feel her around me now and then too...just look for the signs.

TOOL_Rules
08-28-2006, 09:25 AM
I, too, feel your pain Cgraham. My father is dying of pancreatic cancer and likely only has 1-3 months to live. It's friggin scary to say the least. It's all been so sudden; diagnosed in early July and spreading to other parts of his body. Only 63 years old and re-habbed successfully from a bad stroke 11 years ago. He is one strong dude. Wings and 10K Days are helping me through the experience in knowing he is headed to a pain-free place. He lives 300 miles away and with kids and work it's hard to get there frequently. But we'll get there twice in September and we just pray he can make it until my daughter's 5th birthday in mid-October. It will be a hard Holiday season. My thoughts go out to all of you with ailing relatives and friends. Peace.

bellamadia
08-29-2006, 06:01 PM
These are the tool fans I like to see on this site. It's sad and beautiful to know that we are share the same emotions and pain in our experiences. My positive energy and thoughts are with you all.

SpiraMirabilis
08-30-2006, 12:15 AM
These are the tool fans I like to see on this site. It's sad and beautiful to know that we are share the same emotions and pain in our experiences. My positive energy and thoughts are with you all.

TurdEye13
08-30-2006, 06:55 AM

I enjoy this as well.

cgraham
08-30-2006, 10:54 AM
It is a little morbid but I do find solace in the fact that I am not alone.
I did not expect to see such support. Felt kind of silly posting in the first place.
However I have been on these forum's for years but have never posted, I realize the complexity and intelligence within and I am glad to know that I was right in doing it in the first place.

My only saving grace is this: I live in Canada and have been trying to get tickets for the show in toronto but of course it was close to a sell out almost immediately.
I was not able to get any tickets. I then got the bad news about my father and realized that even if I was able to find tickets for the toronto show I would not of been able to go anyway because I will be in Texas.

Tool plays in San antonio texas on Sept 12 and I am 20 minutes from there. I was able to get a ticket and will be at the show.

Coincidence? I don't believe in them.

Thanks for sharing your pain.

C.

cgraham
11-18-2006, 09:10 AM
To finish this thread,

My Father passed away October 24th.

He went peacefully around his family. Needless to say I have been rather angry about things. Including Tool postponing the San antonio show because it was one thing I really wanted to experience during all this, Since I was from Canada and was unable to see any dates there due to my move to SA for care of my father, it really was icing on the cake, however I know my anger was misplaced.

I played the Tool 10000 Days CD for my Dad before he passed and he was quite amazed at the technical brilliance of the disc. He asked if the "teenagers" today actually listen to this music because he couldn't beleive that they would be interested in something that takes time to digest. I told him that many wouldn't take the time, since I am 33 it was hard to gauge but I have heard the shit on the radio and it makes me think no, they wouldn't.

Love ya Dad and I miss you.

CBG

paraflux
11-20-2006, 06:41 PM
Sorry to hear of this.

And if it's any consolation, I was at the Houston show the night before, and I dont think you would have wanted them to come, sounding like that. They made up for it where they could but they knew it wasnt right.

base metal
11-22-2006, 05:20 AM
I'm sorry to hear that cgraham. I lost my grandfather to a brain anurism and I have lost four other family members over the past few years. 2 uncles (lung cancer and meningitis) and 2 cousins (heart attack and suicide). It's been a little overwhelming and when I think about them all, it is almost unreal, especially my cousins, because they were so young. Losing a parent must be really tough, I can't say that I know exactly what that is like, but, I can assure you that your father is in a better place and no longer suffering.

To all of you who shared your stories here, I have been touched and my thoughts are with you.

Arctangent
11-22-2006, 06:19 AM
i feel for you C. like many who seem to have posted here i lost my father to cancer two and a half years ago. make the most of the time you have left as my father went very quickly. i was lucky enough to be able to take time off and spend most of his last eleven days in the hospice with him but it still doesn't feel like it was enough. although my father died a while ago i still felt a resonance with wings.

my thoughts and sympathies to all here who have lost or are in the process of losing someone they love. peace to you all.

fretforyourfigure462
05-02-2007, 10:22 AM
I'm the first to post on here since last year, but I hope everything is good for you C. Stay strong man.

toolrox19
05-07-2007, 05:52 PM
my dad died after a car crash, he lived 4 weeks and was in terriable pain but still supported me with every thing... this song means soooooooooooooooooooooooo much to me