PDA

View Full Version : Another view

notasheep
05-03-2003, 07:22 PM
To me I think that separating the body from the mind is a good thing. To seek enlightenment you must separate the mind from the body, otherwise the wants and needs of the body interupt and distract the mind and keep it from exploring anything and everything. If you think about it, it makes sense because look at the people that are obsesed with things of the body like looks and lust and shit, I'll bet most of them haven't ever explorered an idea that goes against what they have been told. They only limited to think about superficial things. When you over think and over analyze you come up with many differents ideas and ways of seeing things. I know I have.

reign3
05-03-2003, 09:00 PM
I used to think the exact same thing. But in the song he says, "OVER thinking, OVER analyzing separates the body from the mind. WITHERING my intuition MISSING OPPORTUNITIES..." The bolded words suggest that maynard isn't saying that separating the body is a good thing. You can't come to a conclusion on that, because it is just a small part of the song and you don't really know what the man is thinking. Personaly, I think separating the body from the mind can be a good thing, but only at certain times. Sometimes when I'm out in public I'll be thinking about something. I'll think too much and take up too much time. Thinking about what to do. Thinking about people. MISING OPPORTUNITIES. We need to just get out and experience life and press our spiritual journey further by learning from the experiences we learn in the physical environment. I believe that we are here on earth to improve our spiritual bodies, by experiencing things in our physical bodies which enable us to interact with other people and learn even more. I'm kind of rambling...but that's what I think.