PDA

View Full Version : Judith won't you whistle

foma
08-09-2006, 12:14 PM
It might just be the 10000Days conditioning me, but i can't help hearing

Jesus won't you fucking whistle / something but the past and done (1st time)
Judith won't you fucking whistle / something but the past and done (2nd time)

It might make sense with

Mother Mary/Marie won't you whistle ...

Am I the only to hear that?

wix3l
08-09-2006, 02:48 PM
Yes.

foma
08-10-2006, 01:56 AM
I definitly am.
I tried to listen to it several times, with good headphones, and can't help hearin judith.

hushypushy
08-10-2006, 08:49 AM
i hear jethuth, like maynard has a lisp or something

TJP
08-10-2006, 08:57 AM
I definitly am.
I tried to listen to it several times, with good headphones, and can't help hearin judith.
I can kinda hear the Ju[dith] part the second time
thats creepy!

smok3y
08-10-2006, 10:36 AM
i hear it a little but not enough to clarify it.

Theheroeshavedied
08-12-2006, 04:32 AM
In their 'live in perth, Australia' concert, maynard clearly says:
'why can't we not be judith,
just want to start this over'.....

what you're hearing is no coincidence.

foma
08-13-2006, 12:54 AM
tnx, i was feeling crazy for a moment

That said, what is the meaning of this?
How is it connected to jimmy, Judith, Wings?

my head hurts....

Theheroeshavedied
08-13-2006, 07:46 AM
tnx, i was feeling crazy for a moment

That said, what is the meaning of this?
How is it connected to jimmy, Judith, Wings?

my head hurts....

hehe, the misteries of tool..... ;-)

imatoolhed
08-13-2006, 08:09 AM
Yes.

agreed

*whistles while i leave this thrad*

Chronicle0
09-03-2006, 05:47 PM
Wow i never noticed that. Well if you guys don't realize it yet, Judith was Maynard's mother obviously. I believe sober was when Maynard was mad about his mother's illness so he tried to forget about the pain she has and he hates the pain he gets from it.

So in part, this is his song where he's trying to escape from the anger and pain of knowing that his mother is going to pass away.

Dreddnort
09-19-2006, 02:54 PM

It might make sense with

It's Jesus both times. The second time there's an 'S' in the middle which indicates the intention was Jesus. And the last part of the second Jesus is a little blurred. So it sounds like Jooseth.
I have looked at the song's 'sonogram' in Sound Studio and Peak. Both words look almost identical, in keeping with the tolerences of other repeated sounds like the base and drums.

-Dredd

Phorty
09-19-2006, 04:37 PM

your joking , right?

Theheroeshavedied
09-23-2006, 11:57 AM
your joking , right?

now why would i do that, buddy? you know that maynard enjoys twisting his own lyrics.... seems perfectly normal to me.... considering all the lyric variations p sex went through, why does it seem unlikely for sober?

Cicero
09-29-2006, 08:16 PM
i hear jethuth, like maynard has a lisp or something

i hear jethuth too.........thats weird

i definitely hear "je", not "ju" though

i guess it all depends on what your listening for at the time

mjkajdcjc
10-23-2006, 03:24 PM
There's no chance your hearing Judas? Judith makes more sense, but that's my take on this.

Dreddnort
10-24-2006, 11:36 AM
Nah! I'm not buying it, it's Jesus! Maynard would really like this thread if he reads this site.

fivenichols
10-24-2006, 12:16 PM
As much as I like Tool's tie-ins and mysterious relationships between albums, I have to say that I hear Jesus. He could've changed the lyrics several times for live shows and stuff, but the studio one doesn't mention Judith.

Cooly
12-26-2006, 03:11 PM
You can hear or see anything if you want to believe it that hard. It's like the idiots who think that aenima syncs up with the nightmare before christmas. The post starter heard it becasue he was listening to 10,000 days a lot and the rest of you heard it because you were looking for it.

StrangeThingsAfoot
04-26-2007, 04:18 PM
I've always figured it to be "Jesus wants his fucking whistle, something fun to pass the time".

HelenA
04-27-2007, 01:53 AM
I am pretty sure it is: "Jesus, won't you fucking whistle something but the past and done?"
but he does slur that second jesus/judith/jeduth. His diction is appalling sometimes.

Acid0.1
04-27-2007, 02:17 AM
Thats just maynard keeping things interesting for us fans.

First thing I did when I looked at this thread was to listen to Sober and find out
exactly what Maynard said.

I seriously do here Jhudeth or something close to it.

*~*»¤«(Đispositioń)»¤«*~*
12-10-2007, 07:28 PM
To the user who said that Maynard said "why can't we not be judith" live?

No, you're stupid.

And imho he says "jesus" both times, possibly made a slight mistake the second time that was overlooked during editing?

asymptotic
04-05-2010, 01:06 AM

It might make sense with

It's definitely Jesus both times, although like some of the others, I will admit the second "Jesus" is a bit slurred. There's still a definite "Jee" and an "s" sound there though.

About the Mother Mary/Marie idea: I don't think so. Mary is pronounced "Mair-ee" as opposed to Marie which is pronounced "Muh-ree." Maynard is definitely singing "Mair-ee" in Sober. The Marie pronunciation is confirmed by the Wings for Marie when Maynard clearly says "Judith Muh-ree, unconditional one. . ."

Blahspeaker
04-05-2010, 08:13 AM
There's no chance your hearing Judas? Judith makes more sense, but that's my take on this.

hahaha yeah i heard judas one time. could it be =O hahhaha.

as far as judith i wouldnt doubt it. i would mess with my fans and put that in there for the hell of it. i believe its possible. not for certain

ragnarok
07-28-2010, 07:35 PM
I hear the slight slurr in the second jesus like everyone is saying, but i dont hear judith at all... Maybe after a while of listening to it you'll hear judith or judas or whatever but i tried it out at the studio and i couldnt hear it.

saintsfan70072
08-06-2010, 01:29 PM
that is crazy the 2nd jesus sounds like its shorten a lil bit but i think hes sayin jesus

SpiralOut34
08-06-2010, 01:41 PM
He's definently saying Jesus both times, guys. Sorry to disappoint the hopeful :)

On another note, this would be quite interesting if it had really connected :(

elusivEuphoria
08-07-2010, 05:55 AM

what you're hearing is no coincidence.

He said,

"Why can't we not be Junior?"

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WfPa_yKTJ_k

As in their infinitely amazing Lighting Director for the live shows.

edit: "Why can't we ALL be Junior?!" toward the end... Junior, you're one privileged, albeit talented bastard.

Inner_Eulogy
08-10-2010, 09:31 AM
He said,

"Why can't we not be Junior?"

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WfPa_yKTJ_k

As in their infinitely amazing Lighting Director for the live shows.

edit: "Why can't we ALL be Junior?!" toward the end... Junior, you're one privileged, albeit talented bastard.

You just totally burned someone on a thread from 4yrs ago....impressive

elusivEuphoria
08-10-2010, 09:36 AM
Dude, I'm hardcore like that. I keep it real.

Do you know what I am saying? (http://thumbnails.truveo.com/0011/98/9D/989D7C092464E28649AD21_Large.jpg)

MJM
10-06-2010, 12:05 AM
Dude, I'm hardcore like that. I keep it real.

Do you know what I am saying? (http://thumbnails.truveo.com/0011/98/9D/989D7C092464E28649AD21_Large.jpg)

Is that what your all about,finding peoples f**kups from four years ago.Get a life.Do you know what Im saying?

elusivEuphoria
10-06-2010, 01:52 PM
Lol u mad on the internets

Master Roshi
10-06-2010, 07:35 PM
Lol u mad

this

SlaveNoMore
10-07-2010, 09:48 AM
Wow i never noticed that. Well if you guys don't realize it yet, Judith was Maynard's mother obviously. I believe sober was when Maynard was mad about his mother's illness so he tried to forget about the pain she has and he hates the pain he gets from it.

So in part, this is his song where he's trying to escape from the anger and pain of knowing that his mother is going to pass away.

That is awesome. I love to see people thinking through consciousness rather than through the limitations of mind (ego). This song is most definitely about the ego (self will) wanting desperately to deny pain (growth) at each difficult opportunity.

MasterFuzzSolarWind
07-09-2013, 11:07 AM
I've always heard it as "Jujubes won't you fucking whistle?" because pretty much everyone loves candy and we'd love it more if it was able to do stuff, like whistle. This may sound kind of tongue-in-cheek but I really think that we overlook the blatantly simple things in life.

gonzo
07-09-2013, 12:01 PM
candy and beer don't mix, so i usually don't get into it all...

MasterFuzzSolarWind
07-09-2013, 01:31 PM
I agree, they definitely don't mix. That's why the song is called Sober.