View Full Version : JAMBI?

MINDDEVIL
08-09-2006, 05:37 AM
J=Justin
A=Adam
M=Maynard
B= Be
I= Roman for 1

Any thoughts? licence plate humour does not blow up my skirt.. but maynards constant use of play on words doesnt surprise me....

The iambic and Country name assumptions seem goofy... though from the art on the front cover and the story of Jambi the old Indonesian Empire broguht down by the dutch has compelling epic written all over it...

Oddly simliar to the Star Wars story and Obviously the Current POTC movie... themes..

duncang
08-09-2006, 05:39 AM
Be? Lol.

ShadowLine
08-09-2006, 06:13 AM
why would they just leave danny out? lol. interesting idea tho it could stand for something.

chris
x

MINDDEVIL
08-09-2006, 06:54 AM
Well i thought the be might be daneys middle name but its Edwin... but there is a B who does lyrics on one of the songs and maybe he's uncredited in the song... I have no idea why they would leave him, Daney out...

ShadowLine
08-09-2006, 07:23 AM
theres that blair guy thats with them alot. he does the news and maintenence on their site.

J - justin
A - adam
M - maynard
B - blair
I - ??

spacemonkeyadb
08-09-2006, 07:26 AM
J - just
A - ate
M - my
B - beautiful
I - icecream

A Spirit of Radio
08-09-2006, 07:35 AM
i thought about that once too. but they wouldn't leave danny out like that.

happydipshit
08-09-2006, 07:36 AM
omG THATS IT!!!!!!!!!

spacemonkeyadb
08-09-2006, 08:37 AM
J - Jesus
A - and
M - my
B - blue
I - iguana

A new interpretation perhaps??

identity_theory
08-09-2006, 08:58 AM
J - Jews
A - Are
M - Mighty
B - Big
I - Idiots

Oh my god!!! Maynard's been collaborating with Mel Gibson!!!!

spacemonkeyadb
08-09-2006, 09:19 AM
J - jews
A - angry!
M - Mel's
B - being
I - Inapropriate!

MINDDEVIL
08-09-2006, 11:41 AM
J- Just
A- About
M- Me
B - Being
I - Insolent

satyrfrost
08-09-2006, 12:01 PM
J-Just
A-Another
M-Meaningless
B-Bullshit
I-Idea

Just Kidding

hushypushy
08-09-2006, 12:54 PM
heh, good one satyrfrost ;)

Vpaah
08-09-2006, 02:33 PM
Maynard -J-ames Keenan
Danny -A-nna Carey
Adam -M-argret Jones
-B- = Be (thanks minddevil)
Justin -I-carusistheamazinghairlesstoad Chancellor

how could they leave danny out?! maddness
now these are the names of a band with style tallent and horrible parents (cept maynard)

EulogyCallinMe
08-09-2006, 02:44 PM
nice one vpaah. i think this idea is goofy especially after this little thing http://www.toolband.com/news/letter/index.php
scroll dow a ways and look at all the questions for the title.

MINDDEVIL
08-10-2006, 07:35 AM
Well as I started with my post i thought it was lame, but the whole Finnish Iambic meter claim seems although their intention, and possibly increases their fan base in Finland, not my first choice for such a moving song.

And as a aside, the anti jewish remarks are stupid and i'm embarrassed to be in the same circle of musical tastes as you.

Fine its the meter the song is in. Jambi, Finnish for iambic... how anti climatic...

spacemonkeyadb
08-10-2006, 07:46 AM
And as a aside, the anti jewish remarks are stupid and i'm embarrassed to be in the same circle of musical tastes as you.

The only one making anti-semetic remarks in this thread was Mel Gibson.
The posts above refer to his recent drunken slurs against Jews.

Just poking fun at current events ... and this thread.

MINDDEVIL
08-10-2006, 09:09 AM
Save your commentary. If had ordered stupid from the menu I would have known, and I certianly didn't order stupid. And if you can't read the above post regarding the point i was making which i think shoudl be removed. And i'm sure MG or the situation has nothing to do with TOOL, you might want to find another forum to post your drivel.

Terry21
08-17-2006, 07:16 AM
nice one vpaah. i think this idea is goofy especially after this little thing http://www.toolband.com/news/letter/index.php
scroll dow a ways and look at all the questions for the title.

What bothers me is, if this is not sarcasm, then it's Pee Wee's playhouse genie and the Iambic metre at the same time. But if it's more than one thing than it's probably the Indonesian province too and more and more.

rogerdoger
08-17-2006, 08:47 AM
Save your commentary. If had ordered stupid from the menu I would have known, and I certianly didn't order stupid. And if you can't read the above post regarding the point i was making which i think shoudl be removed. And i'm sure MG or the situation has nothing to do with TOOL, you might want to find another forum to post your drivel.
Calm down, they're not posting "drivel", and they're not making fun of Jews, they're making fun of Mel Gibson so it's ok.

What bothers me is, if this is not sarcasm, then it's Pee Wee's playhouse genie and the Iambic metre at the same time. But if it's more than one thing than it's probably the Indonesian province too and more and more.
Exactly my thoughts.