PDA

View Full Version : Close Your Eyes

Corganschild
08-09-2006, 02:46 AM
I don't know if any of you have experienced this.. or, the way people described smoking pot and listening to music sounds similar to this, although I don't get the normal effects from pot like other people.. anyway..

I was on the bus one day falling asleep while listening to Tool.. I was listening to one of the songs from "10,000 Days" and as I started to fall asleep, I noticed more and more separate parts of the song standing out independently.. my mind had become clear enough to accept them, to take them all in. As I was in this state, I started waking up a little and realized, "Wow, this songs seems like it's been going on for an hour." And then, there was a line at the end of the song that I hadn't understood. This had happened before when I was in this state, that the once misunderstood lyrics magically become crystal clear. I told myself to rewind and if I did, I would get it. Sure enough, I finally understood the lyric perfectly.. only attainable while being in this state of mind. Maybe you can all try this too.. or is this just common knowledge that I'm babbling on about. Cool experience, nevertheless.

pink_rose
08-09-2006, 09:38 PM
Gotta love the pot. I love when that happens

OpenYour3rdEye
08-10-2006, 11:37 PM
so what was the line? and what did you realize

Corganschild
08-13-2006, 06:55 PM
WHAT WAS THE LINE???!!!!!!

Oh don't make me embarrass myself like this lol. it was a very easy line to get, but for some reason I didn't understand it, I don't know why. When at the end of Vicarious, he goes, "It's like blood to a vampire," lol, sorry to disappoint you all.