PDA

View Full Version : Third Eye Live?

The_Flood
08-08-2006, 06:33 PM
Well, I was reading through alot of the concert reviews and realized Third Eye wasn't in any of the setlists! Does Tool ever play this song live? I'm going to their concert in the fall and was really hoping to hear this song live because it's one of my top 3 favorite tool songs ever.

Strangleholder
08-09-2006, 12:56 PM
Well, I was reading through alot of the concert reviews and realized Third Eye wasn't in any of the setlists! Does Tool ever play this song live? I'm going to their concert in the fall and was really hoping to hear this song live because it's one of my top 3 favorite tool songs ever.

They played it quite a bit around '96-'98 in support of Aenima. I have a boot of a 2002 show where they played it, though he couldn't scream for shit like he used to back in '96. He never used to need a megaphone back then. Great tune that I'd love to experience live.......

Vpaah
08-09-2006, 01:59 PM
A thought, if anyone has read Frank Herbert's Dune (on the tool recommended reading list I just found out). Listening to third eye reminds me greatly of when Paul first takes the water of life after Jessica transmutates it, his experiece of enhanced perception and presience. More so how it is being described than the particular events reflect for me greatly the lines-

"So good to see you.
I've missed you so much.
So glad it's over.
I've missed you so much
Came out to watch you play.
Why are you running?"

Shroud-ing all the ground around me
Is this holy crow above me.
Black as holes within a memory
And blue as our new second sun.
I stick my hand into his shadow
To pull the pieces from the sand.
Which I attempt to reassemble
To see just who I might have been.
I do not recognize the vessel,
But the eyes seem so familiar.
Like phosphorescent desert buttons
Singing one familiar song...

perhaps this in some way had an effect on how the song was written

The_Flood
08-09-2006, 04:57 PM
They played it quite a bit around '96-'98 in support of Aenima. I have a boot of a 2002 show where they played it, though he couldn't scream for shit like he used to back in '96. He never used to need a megaphone back then. Great tune that I'd love to experience live.......

Yeah, if they play it at the upcoming concert I'm going to I'll be able to die a happen man.

[ænima]
08-10-2006, 04:58 PM
they did a 23 min version of third eye in toronto for the Ænima tourr

One Dark Flame
08-12-2006, 04:31 PM
']they did a 23 min version of third eye in toronto for the Ænima tourr
How did they do this?? And do you have a bootleg??

somniferousalmondeye
09-03-2006, 02:19 AM
hey you fucking smiley gladhands, whats a pm?

milair47
09-12-2006, 04:06 PM
hey you fucking smiley gladhands, whats a pm?

personal message

Burl
09-26-2006, 10:10 PM
I saw a bootleg from the tour in 2002, and they played Third Eye as the final song of the set. It was so amazing, maybe one of the best live performances I`ve ever seen. As an opening they played a Timothy Leary sample "Think for yourself..." It was so cool.