PDA

View Full Version : Why close "I hate this song"?

figgy2967
08-08-2006, 01:57 PM
That there was a nice little discussion going on there and I was just about to post a reply and my opinions (Mostly on how OGT is a moron) when I noticed it was closed. :(

I was raised by a Catholic family, my mother goes to church every day and I did the whole Sunday school thing for years but don't consider myself to be Catholic.

To me, the song is about people who are like "sheep", who blindly follow anything they are told without questioning. I myself broke away from the Catholic Church and refused to be Confirmed yet I am still religious. Love this song! well... anything by tool really lol

bionic_anchovy
08-08-2006, 02:22 PM
Lol, I think it's cause people started getting too personal.

figgy2967
08-09-2006, 07:29 AM
Yeah but it was getting good lol OGT is a fucking moron

Track 01
08-09-2006, 08:04 AM
Yeah but it was getting good lol OGT is a fucking moron
How is OGT a moron for saying he doesnt believe in god? I really dont have a stance on the issue, but I can see where he could be right. IF there is a god who could create all this life, why would he take it away? Even if, why would he take it away from people who havent done things as terrible as half the people on this Earth...I believe that when you die, you get put in a body bag and rot forever(i hope there is a heaven though).

figgy2967
08-09-2006, 09:49 AM
I'm not saying OGT is a moron for his beliefs. I totally respect what other people believe, but some of the things he said were just retarded. Like “notice I didn’t capitalize god” I thought was a bit immature. Several of his arguments were very flawed.
As to what you have said, God doesn’t (in my opinion) interfere with our lives. It defeats the purpose of us being here if he were to get involved. He gave us free will and the thought of an omnipotent being interfering with what happens (people dying, “lucky” things happening, disease and misfortune, etc.) contradict the notion of free will. I am of the opinion that he doesn’t interfere to see what we do. If we are good people who help those less fortunate then ourselves or whatever then we will go to heaven or purgatory but if we kill or are “bad” people then we don’t…. hell? I’m still a little fuzzy on that one.

God doesn’t “take” life away from people as you put it Track 01, death just happens. Its just part of life and God has nothing to do with that.

I think of it like this: if I made an earth and people (maybe he was bored so he made us) I wouldn’t want to dictate what they could and could not do. I wouldn’t want to make a “fare” world. That’d be pretty boring. So he sits back and observes what we do. For those of us that are faithful and don’t screw up to bad, we get to go to heaven. Those who aren’t…. don’t. Death and destruction are brought about as a result of other humans. Its not Gods fault if someone was murdered. That was the murders fault. Diseases like Cancer and AIDS, well that just part of life… Nature. Shit happens, but don’t blame it on God

PShepherd11
11-18-2006, 11:02 AM
Very well put, figgy. Although I'm an atheist, I wouldn't make such strong or immature comments as OGT did. This is one of my favorite Tool songs ever. I felt it emphasized the stupidity of people who can't think for themselves. People letting their minds get "raped" because they fear the consequences. It's a really important song to me. People follow the crowd in many instances, not only when it comes to religion. They just want to belong to something because they don't feel that they are important enough to just stand as one.

OGT from back in the day
01-21-2007, 06:24 PM
I havent been on this website in months so im sorry to disappoint most of you but IM BACK

OGT from back in the day
01-21-2007, 06:26 PM
I'm not saying OGT is a moron for his beliefs. I totally respect what other people believe, but some of the things he said were just retarded. Like “notice I didn’t capitalize god” I thought was a bit immature. Several of his arguments were very flawed.
As to what you have said, God doesn’t (in my opinion) interfere with our lives. It defeats the purpose of us being here if he were to get involved. He gave us free will and the thought of an omnipotent being interfering with what happens (people dying, “lucky” things happening, disease and misfortune, etc.) contradict the notion of free will. I am of the opinion that he doesn’t interfere to see what we do. If we are good people who help those less fortunate then ourselves or whatever then we will go to heaven or purgatory but if we kill or are “bad” people then we don’t…. hell? I’m still a little fuzzy on that one.

God doesn’t “take” life away from people as you put it Track 01, death just happens. Its just part of life and God has nothing to do with that.

I think of it like this: if I made an earth and people (maybe he was bored so he made us) I wouldn’t want to dictate what they could and could not do. I wouldn’t want to make a “fare” world. That’d be pretty boring. So he sits back and observes what we do. For those of us that are faithful and don’t screw up to bad, we get to go to heaven. Those who aren’t…. don’t. Death and destruction are brought about as a result of other humans. Its not Gods fault if someone was murdered. That was the murders fault. Diseases like Cancer and AIDS, well that just part of life… Nature. Shit happens, but don’t blame it on God all that you keep saying is "its just a part of life and god has nothing to do with that" but according to you....didnt god create life? you pretty much contradicted yourself....but im the moron....but im the imbecile....oh and u may find what i did immature but why would i make a proper noun out of something i dont believe in?