PDA

View Full Version : Math and Tool connection

TimothyLeary
05-02-2003, 08:17 PM
Ok, i haven't read this anywhere else so here goes,
On lateralus (and on aenima) tool messed around with math alot; like in the song lateralus the words are aranged in a spiral (it's on the forum here somewhere) and the time signiture goes 9/4, 8/4, 7/4. So, i figure that tool has some concepts of math; so anyways, the little thing on the back looks like a visual represintation of a Sin equation. I will post what it is tomorrow, cuz i don't feel like getting my Trig. book out.

Open your mind to the underlying worlds of unconsciousness and insanity...

ry.
05-04-2003, 12:33 PM
first, lateralus, is in 9/8 8/8 and 7/8, which can be seen as 987, the 17th step in the fibbonacci (spelling?) sequnce.

and there have been a couple ideas as to the mathematical properties behind the design on the back. most people (myself included) see it as a graph of the fibbonacci (again sp?) spiral, otherwise known as the spiral of life. But a sin equation, im not sure i understand what youre saying here, so post a similar equation. I think it could be a polar equation of r=theta (well not just theta, there a coefficient of some sorta, but i need to brush up on my polar graphing to make a good estimate)

jpmanson
05-04-2003, 12:45 PM
where is this graph you are talking about? the graph r=sin È looks liek an infinity sign..

jpmanson
05-04-2003, 12:45 PM
damn, that was supposed to be a theta.. oh well..

TimothyLeary
05-04-2003, 05:35 PM
Sorry bout all the mix ups; i was really drunk and tired. It is in 9/8 /8/8 7/8. and it's fibonnaici (however it is spelled). Also i would like to say; that this made a lot more sense and looked a lot more like it when i was drunk. But on the back; what i'm talking about is the thing in the center of the spiral; the little four sided bottle opener (it has been adressed somewhere else in this forum that it is a buhddism symbol/ talisman), it also looks like a graph of two sin equations on a TI-83 calculator; (because a sin graph is hard as shit to do by hand) ; so anyways; the two equations are

X=-sin(14T)2sin(7T)
X=sin(14T)2sin(7T)

and it has to be in parametric mode (or graphed parametrically?)
Again, it looked more like it the other night

jpmanson
05-04-2003, 05:49 PM
Originally posted by TimothyLeary
so anyways; the two equations are

X=-sin(14T)2sin(7T)
X=sin(14T)2sin(7T)

and it has to be in parametric mode (or graphed parametrically?)
Again, it looked more like it the other night

ummm.. no.. thats not it.. thats just a line segment.. or thats what it looks liek to me..

jpmanson
05-04-2003, 08:10 PM
Originally posted by mstajduh
There is a HUGE math and science connection.. a lot of it is hidden.... if you don't see it or you think they are wrong, perhaps you should redefine your knowledge or atleast, your boundary conditions.

Perhaps, you should stop drinking and doing math or perhaps, drink and do math more often for practice... it comes in handy at college.

what are you trying to say here?

TimothyLeary
05-05-2003, 11:02 AM
Actually, i wasn't doing math and drinking; i was drunk and remembered something i saw in Trigonometry. And yes those are the two equations because i am looking at the graph right now; but i will figure out how to export the graph so i can post it here...

bullet proof
05-11-2003, 03:30 PM
Originally posted by TimothyLeary
Actually, i wasn't doing math and drinking; i was drunk and remembered something i saw in Trigonometry. And yes those are the two equations because i am looking at the graph right now; but i will figure out how to export the graph so i can post it here...

I'm pretty sure that if you purchase the link cable (to connect your calculator to the computer) you can do this with the software that's included.