PDA

View Full Version : Maynard Inspired

EtherealDreamer
05-02-2003, 07:08 PM
ok ok, i wasnt sure where exactly i should put this, at first i was gonna put it under grudge but its just too crowded. anyways i think, know, maynard has quite possibly the best voice ive ever heard. im soooo jealous. my friends got a band, and consequently they've been looking for a lead vocalist. they've asked me a couple times but ive told them i cant cause i gots a crappy voice, but i said that if somehow i could learn to sing like maynard, obiviously not of the same quality, i'd do it. if theres anybody out there who has any tips on fixing up ma vocals and things of the sort, id appreciate a reply.

- oh and i wouldnt be to surprised if this question has come up before and been discussed. if so someone point me in the direction of it, cause i havent come across it.

thanks a bunch,
De'Vol.

D/R/T
05-02-2003, 09:59 PM
well, im just a drummer, but i have a few friends who sing...good tip is to try taking singing lessons for a while, they can really sharpen up tones for you, my friends say. also, you should try to develop your own sort of voice and style, for example, no one i know sounds like maynard, point being no singer sounds the same, so dont try to mimic maynard, (even tho he is amazing), make your own style.....hope this helps

EtherealDreamer
05-03-2003, 06:44 PM
Well i was hoping i could kinda get away from spending money upon lessons. i dunt really gots the money ta spare. i was just looking for some routine excercises and tips that i could do on ma own. its true, mimicking may not be the best idea but i still need to fix up ma voice. thanks for ur reply though.

PS ppl in general probably couldnt sing like maynard if they wanted to. its just a way for me ta start off, it'd eventually evolve into something else.

random_1
05-11-2003, 11:54 PM
most singers i know have got lessons, but they all so suck

i think your best bet is

dun da dun the internet, just search around for tips, there is bound to be heapsssssssssssssss of website you could find usefull