PDA

View Full Version : this is a very good guess at what this segue is about . . .

crow011
11-25-2002, 03:31 AM
ok, this "being" comes into this world as a baby . . .

. . . and straight away is being overloaded and basically smashed with stimuli like sounds, people talking, light, movement etc . . .

the segue is probably trying to mimic what a baby experiences at the moment of birth . . . people talking, massive wooshes and fuzzy sounds, screeches, static . . .

it makes alot of sense when you think about it . . .

i really believe thats what its all about . . . and it runs along the lines of the themes of birth and confusion and trying to grow that tool often touch on . . .

peace and blessed be . . .

crow011 . . .

Genocidal
12-02-2002, 12:00 PM
Yeah, that is a good way to look at it. However, a complete attempt to capture what a baby would heard would be to muffle the talking completely, so it's not understandable at all - exactly as a baby would hear it.

Jorram
02-17-2003, 02:36 PM
thinking of which thread to choose to post this...
oh well..

this is probably obvious, but i just wanted to point out that at least in my language, the forced childbirth thru surgical help is called something in the lines of cesaro cut. hence all the baby reference. i agree with the whirlpool of new experience -sounds,images,etc - theory, but to me the main theme in the segue, that is the rough big sound slightly remindind lungs movement, is exactly that - the dying baby's breathing. To me it seems that the baby is slowly passing out, each breath slower and weaker, on the backgrounf of the doctors talking, and this i perceive as the..er..closing in infinity of life to which the mathematical reference points. The baby's life going thinner and thinner as in a descending row..

alright, it seems freaky to me too :)

crow011
02-17-2003, 08:24 PM
FUCK YEAH!!!

good interpretation, man . . .

peace and blessed be . . .

crow011 . . .

eulogizer
03-06-2003, 09:31 PM
If you look in the images section of this site you will find the definition of cessaro summability. Cessaro summability has to do with having an infinite geometric series thats net result or change is zero. So, in the song we have a baby being born and then immediatly being blocked out by noises from the world. So we have an infinite series of birth. However it gives no net result as the human world blocks out its possibility of changing things.

PearlForum
03-14-2003, 08:49 PM
hmm i like that last interpretation..very interesting

eulogy508
03-22-2003, 07:16 PM
Originally posted by eulogizer
If you look in the images section of this site you will find the definition of cessaro summability. Cessaro summability has to do with having an infinite geometric series thats net result or change is zero. So, in the song we have a baby being born and then immediatly being blocked out by noises from the world. So we have an infinite series of birth. However it gives no net result as the human world blocks out its possibility of changing things.

which images section, the picture one on the opinion page or the one on the whole site in general??

Stinkarm
03-28-2003, 07:02 AM
were u talking about the Ænema video?

sircorn
04-12-2003, 06:29 PM
that theory is exactly right,i think so anyhow. well put man. Try reading "Nothing in this book is true, but there exactly the way things are." Some of the stuff in the beginning is a load of bull, but the sacred geometry and right eye of horus are amazing. Puts a new viewp point on everything again. Makes that part in the parabol video with the apple make sence too.

if you too lazy to buy the book go to innuendocornecopria.com and look under cesaro summability

Animus
04-23-2003, 08:03 PM
Yeah, it reminds me of that song Lightning Crashes by the band Live, "lightning crashes, a new mother cries, her placenta falls to the floor, the angel opens her eyes, the confusions sets in, before the doctor can even close the door"

The same idea that seems to be universal in the interpretations on this thread is in that song, that when a baby is born it is suddenly bombarded with all the confusion of life. The tool twist on it that all this infinite confusion amounts to zero is very interesting, indeed startling in some ways.

Aenema certainly carries out this theme, since it talks about all the useless bullshit in the world being "flushed away" and it all "coming down".

Perhaps cesaro summability presents this idea: that a child dying right after birth symbolizes perfectly the uselessness and folly of the world. The whole idea of growing up, finding a partner, and creating a new being together through sex is so dominant a role in humanity. One works and works to provide for one's children, parents' lives are devoted to their children. To have the object of all that work and toil and love simply die before it even gets a chance to live is utterly devestating, and must make one question one's entire life. What is it all for?

Or, from the child's point of view: it grows in the womb into a unique person, survives the even present threat of abortion or miscarriage, is finally born to begin its life... and then dies. From any point of view, such an occurence indeed reduces all the infinite possiblity of the world to zero.

I think this is a very important concept, because i believe the album follows a progression. In cesaro we perhaps see an example of the futility of the world. In Aenema we see a downright hatred of it, a wish to do away with the whole world, and only those who "learn to swim" shall be saved. I think (-) ions is an intro meant to calm one down but arouse one's mind at the same time, in order to experience the opening of the third eye. I think third eye is the swimming lesson we are told we need in aenema. It's been shown that the entire material world is worthless. So what then do we look to? the spiritual, which only comes through opening the third eye. We must see beyond the material world to leave it behind. And by material i mean more than the consumerism depicted in aenema, i mean the entire phsyical universe, which seems to be suggested in cesaro.

I'm sorry this went beyong just cesaro summability but i feel i needed to put it in context of the album. Anyway if you read all that thanks.

NowImNothing
04-26-2003, 03:10 PM
Ok, I know that this is going to be a very simple interpretation of what this song is about, but maybe sometimes people read too much into these songs, when they are meant to be very simple. This song basically sounds like a baby being born, and it then goes into "Aenima" which can be interpreted as a cleansing, a flushing out of the negative to start anew. That's the key phrase there, because a baby comes into this world pure and new and then "Aenima" talks about flushing away everything, so it is pure once again, and new. Just a thought.

Lachrymologist
04-27-2003, 08:48 AM
Maybe it's about the 'second coming', all you Christians know what I'm talking about.

Travesty79
05-22-2003, 07:43 PM
Originally posted by Genocidal
Yeah, that is a good way to look at it. However, a complete attempt to capture what a baby would heard would be to muffle the talking completely, so it's not understandable at all - exactly as a baby would hear it. baby's cant hear well? so how come they learn to talk? does theyre hearing just " clear up " all of the sudden?
doctor?

Animus
06-20-2003, 01:06 PM
yes, travesty, it does...... babies don't see or hear very well at all when they're born, hence why it takes them some time to learn to talk. they're not all finished when they come out... i used to know more about this, but their skulls or something are really soft at first, and a lot of their brain still has to form after they're born, and their senses get better as they grow. so yeah, a baby just coming out wouldn't hear very much, and i'm not sure if they see at all... if they do it's not very good initially.