PDA

View Full Version : Title

benjiman
08-07-2006, 04:13 PM
This idea came to me after reading The Tenth Insight: Holding the Vision. I don't entirely agree with those books for the record, but denying the fact it does have some beneficial content would be foolish. Anyway, back to the song. For those unfamiliar with a parabola, or wanting to refresh their memory here is a picture:
http://upload.wikimedia.org/wikipedia/commons/thumb/9/9e/Parabola.svg/400px-Parabola.svg.png

Now let's say we draw one line connecting the two ends of the parabola. You can see that the parabola "starts" and "ends" on this one line. Now think of this 'base-line' as your True Will. It is always set in the same place, but we have these parabolas that stray, but when we return to the synchronistic events we:

"Recognize this as a holy gift and celebrate this chance to be alive and breathing."

As further support, anyone who has read The Tenth Insight knows of "soul groups" aiding us from another dimension. As well the book claims that we were once (or still are) a part of these soul groups, and chose our destiny from this other-worldly dimension to be sent down (unconciously) to Earth. When synchronistic events take place, we are really going back to our True Will. I can't say wholely I buy the idea, but it sure seems coincidental when put into context of the lyrics:

"So familiar and overwhelmingly warm
This one, this form I hold now.
Embracing you, this reality here,
This one, this form I hold now, so
Wide eyed and hopeful.
Wide eyed and hopefully wild."

It is familiar because we planned these events. This body is temporary. I am excited and curious to see what my life may bring.

"We barely remember what came before this precious moment,
Choosing to be here right now. Hold on, stay inside...
This body holding me, reminding me that I am not alone in
This body makes me feel eternal. All this pain is an illusion."

We struggle to remember what is embedded in our unconcious. Precious = Synchronistic. We are not alone, our soul groups are helping us. Being a human is one phase of a soul's eternal lifetime. As for pain being an illusion, look at the Three Noble Truths of Buddhism.

"Twirling round with this familiar parable.
Spinning, weaving round each new experience.
Recognize this as a holy gift and celebrate this chance to be alive and breathing."

Once again, familiar. Parables are told to strengthen an idea, and this familiar parable is to strengthen ourselves. What aspect of ourselves you ask? Well everyone has a lot of problems, so make something, anything, positive. I enjoy how he says twirling round, spinng and weaving. This reminds me of Timothy Leary's speech used for the intro to Third Eye (live) from Salival:

"To think for yourself you must question authority and learn how to put yourself in a state of vulnerable, open-mindedness; chaotic, confused, vulnerability to inform yourself."

We are vulnerable, and as such we are twirling round in an ocean of chaos.

Well that is one of the few crazy ideas that fly through my head. It made more sense of the title for me, but I still can't say I'm certain or satisfied. Not that it really matters, my imagination will keep me satisfied with not being certain.

P.S. It was not until mid-post that I remembered a parabola is not finite, meaning the base-line is either variable, or non-existant. This could de-bunk my theory, or maybe our True Will is ever-evolving as well?