PDA

View Full Version : Genisis

oO pensive Oo
05-02-2003, 10:04 AM
This song has always been one that intrigued my thought.
I'm thinking that since Maynard used to be Southern Baptist..... the snake is a metaphor for "evil" taunting him to think in a transcendental way, which is against the way Christians believe. In Genisis Eve is tempted to eat the fruit by the serpant.
I think for a long time Maynard has been torn between "God" and a self-fulfilling idea in life.
Remaining in question i believe that all reformed Christians will have God in the back of thier heads...
There's always that chance that we could be wrong in our disbelief!!! (=

paraflux
05-02-2003, 11:28 AM
see the thread in this section titled "previously unstated meaning..."

oO pensive Oo
05-02-2003, 07:38 PM
What a profound thought.... i'd like to thank you for providing such a wonderful twist on my opinion of this song. Our two sides alone show example of what the song is saying. Though i had heard about dualism, I had never really researched it..... after i read your reply i checked it out and came to realize how fascinating it is...
It's almost as if it finds a comfortable medium, balancing between the two sides almost like a see-saw. Once you have gained enough expierence on both sides you level off, reaching the next stage. I believe it's when you die. Why does the unknown have to be bad?
I guess it's all how you look at the glass..... half full or half empty (=

paraflux
05-07-2003, 06:21 AM
Glad I can discuss such things here. I like it when people including myself discover new thoughts. I made an interesting discovery in the Schism section the other day.