PDA

View Full Version : 2006/09/19 - Madison, WI - Kohl Center

swaps
08-06-2006, 08:30 PM
Tool
Kohl Center, Madison, WI
Tuesday, September 19, 2006

eulogist (thanks for the PM!) says this show was announced at WJJO's Band Camp.

cureformax
08-06-2006, 08:35 PM
SWEET! I am breaking my 666 posts to say how excited I am. I missed ticket sales for Minneapolis and am hoping to get a good seat at the Kohl center now. Target Center is enormous. Thought Tool didn't like WI, but here's hoping this concert actually happens!

Cycloz
08-06-2006, 08:48 PM
Nice! Thought they would throw in a WI show between Minny and Chicago.

cureformax
08-07-2006, 04:37 AM
From Isis' MySpace:

http://collect.myspace.com/index.cfm?fuseaction=bandprofile.listAllShows&friendid=4045552&n=ISIS

"09/19/2006 06:00 PM - Kohl Center w/ TOOL, Madison, WI 53701"

Let's some official word, uh?

Cycloz
08-07-2006, 07:25 AM
Bah, if they don't change up the setlist at bit in the coming weeks I'm skipping this one. Already got tickets for Chicago and I've seen one concert at the Kohl Center and the sound was absolutely horrible.

jonny_d
08-07-2006, 09:01 AM
Does anybody have information on getting tickets for this? I was at Band Camp yesterday and they said they'd announce a new way to get tickets this morning on JJO between 9 and 10, but I didn't have a chance to listen.

SgtClueLs
08-07-2006, 12:26 PM
FM 102/1 presents Tool to the Kohl Center in Madison on Tuesday, September 19th. Tickets are on sale Saturday, August 12th at 10am.

Looks like Ticketmaster this Saturday.

Briznitch
08-07-2006, 01:17 PM
Hmmmm maybe not ticketmaster.....

http://www.uwbadgers.com/

and I read this on WJJO's site:
http://www.wjjo.com/viewpage.php3?id=224

Cycloz
08-07-2006, 04:37 PM
Hmmmm maybe not ticketmaster.....

http://www.uwbadgers.com/

and I read this on WJJO's site:
http://www.wjjo.com/viewpage.php3?id=224

Interesting, I wonder if season ticket holders have any chance at getting guaranteed tickets or anything. I'll check it out as the ticket office is closed now, but I've seen events before where season ticket holders were guaranteed a certain section. I'll check it out tomorrow, hope so because my uncle has season tix :)

eulogist
08-07-2006, 07:40 PM
anyone know if the kohl center usually has floor space? i would really love some floor space.....

Cycloz
08-07-2006, 10:06 PM
anyone know if the kohl center usually has floor space? i would really love some floor space.....

Pretty sure it's gonna be seats on the floor. I don't see the Kohl Center having general admissiion floor but I guess you never know. One thing there won't be is.... beer.
And man I hope just the show I saw there was bad sounding, you would think that with a newer facility it'd sound decent, but it was so low. Great place to see a Badger hockey game that's for sure (oh ya that would be NCAA Champion Badger hockey team).

Briznitch
08-07-2006, 10:45 PM
There are two ticket prices if that says anything. I'd guess 1 is Floor and 1 is Seating. Could be wrong though.

cureformax
08-08-2006, 04:52 AM
Anyone think this is messed up? A Tool show where the tickets won't be sold through ticketmaster? I think the scalper potential here is extremely low which is awesome! I am going to be in Madison this weekend.

It will be mine. Oh yes, it will be mine.

eulogist
08-10-2006, 07:41 PM
hahaha i got a contact in JJO to get me some 3 tickets
fuckin awesome!!!
dont ask for them though there already spoken for

Briznitch
08-11-2006, 02:21 AM
Well that was worth talking about then wasn't it?

Jibiti
08-11-2006, 07:45 PM
Does anyone here near Brookfield would be able to drive me to and from the concert? (PM me if it would be possible)

Speed Damage
08-11-2006, 11:00 PM
Haha I don't think so, I live in Brookfield (will be at school in Milwaukee) but I'm buying my 6 ticket max and we're going to have a full car!

benpink
08-12-2006, 07:12 AM
Floor seats ... ROW 32 .... i'll take it.. :)

Speed Damage
08-12-2006, 07:17 AM
At first chance I had Floor seats, Row 15 on the side. Was buying 6, and wasn't sure if the Floor was going to be GA or actually seated (sounds like it accoring to Cycloz), so I gave them up. Anyways, the floor went fast so I guess the 3rd time I tried (2nd time I got Row 37 haha), I got Section 121 Row A (1) Seats 1-6. So I got seats just on the corner of stage left, closer than most of the people with floor seats!

Now if the floors turns out to be GA I'm going to be pissed...
(meh I'll just sneak onto it)

I just decided to check what was left regarding single tickets, so I just bought a Floor Secion 1 Row 2 Ticket! If I don't need it I will have no problem selling it!

Cycloz
08-12-2006, 07:57 AM
Here's the seating chart for anyone that missed it (no general admission - floor seats):

http://www.uwbadgers.com/events/concerts/tool_floor.pdf

Looks like you got some sweet tickets Speed... enjoy!

Cycloz
08-12-2006, 08:36 AM
Anyone that got floor tickets... what is the section #? Are the floor tickets the ones that start with 00# (example 004)?

Because somehow I just scored (2) tickets Section 004 Row 2 at about 11:30.

Speed Damage
08-12-2006, 09:23 AM
Yep, Floor is 00X, 1st level is 1XX, 2nd 2XX, etc.

Looks like you got some great tickets as well!

Cycloz
08-12-2006, 09:48 AM
Nice! Wasn't planning on going since I had tix for Chicago and Vegas but I just started messing around seeing what tickets were available, got a ton of 122,123 then all of a sudden 004 Row 2 pops up! Shoulda seen me running around the house trying to find my wallet and plug all my info in before the timer ran out, think I had a bout a minute left.
On a side note, anyone want (2) tix for Chicago Middle Upper Level at face value let me know.

Briznitch
08-12-2006, 09:53 AM
So how were the prices? Better than the ticketfucker charges and all???

Cycloz
08-12-2006, 09:59 AM
The base ticket prices are $55 and $40. There is a $7.50 per ticket fee and a $2 facility fee added to the price of each ticket.

Briznitch
08-12-2006, 12:42 PM
Not as bad, Ticketfucker (at least in NV) has a 10.50 charge, then a 3.50 charge, then another 3.something charge. I got a Massive Attack ticket the other day and it was $55. After the fees, it came to 71.60. That's fucking ridiculous. But I'm really lookin forward to that show, and Tool. Sept is gonna rule.

Rhapsody
08-12-2006, 05:05 PM
Oh well, I got Section 106...I wasn't planning on going so I didn't purchase my tickets until hours after they went on sale. At least I got floor for the Chicago show :)

HaNotsri
08-12-2006, 06:26 PM
Section 4, Row 2, Seat 10...I hope there isn't a lot of equipment in the way...I paid 67.50

cureformax
08-14-2006, 05:01 AM
109 row T, hoping for a great view of the stage, and most importantly Danny, w/out any obstructions.

Look for me, I'll be the guy in the black t-shirt with writing on it.

peripheral
08-15-2006, 01:03 PM
Does anybody have information on getting tickets for this? I was at Band Camp yesterday and they said they'd announce a new way to get tickets this morning on JJO between 9 and 10, but I didn't have a chance to listen.
yeah, i hear ya...i would've purchased tickets also, but i was busy sticking a flute...

NewIdeal
08-30-2006, 08:40 PM
YEEHA MOTHERFUCKERS. Speed Damage picked me up a whole mess o' tickets. September 19th will be a day to remember.

Hellspawn
08-30-2006, 09:16 PM
Row 7, section 2 :)

somniferousalmondeye
09-02-2006, 03:10 AM
I've been a fan of tool since my early teens, but only got to see em live for the first time (this explains why i feel this way) in May (nyc 5/19). That being said, i'm a bit sad that they do the same set list every show on this tour, i have tix to see em in chicago (9/18) and madison (9/19) by the looks of things, the best i could hope for is to hear right in two at one show and maybe opiate at the other. I wish if they were going to do that, that at least they would'nt do all the radio singles. why not some great deep tracks like: crawl away, jerk off, pushit, parabol/parabola, H., cold and ugly, bottom, intolerance, maybe even something of a supprise like say, no quater? I mean its basically all the singles and tracks from the new albulm. 10,000 days has some great tracks, and tool has been playing them consistently, thats not my issue. my issue is that i'm scared i'll never here jimmy, reflection, third eye and of coarse all the other songs i named live. that would truly suck. and i know that this is what most bands do, play the singles and the new stuff, but this isn't most bands, i guess, i just expected a little more. i was just wondering if some tool songs are now retired, never to be heard live again? that would be quite a shame, given that my favorite songs are not the ones that are played on the radio, even though i still like em, they are not what tool means to me, the real tool sound/message is hidden behind those singles.

Rhapsody
09-02-2006, 02:59 PM
Originally they were only selling on the uwbadgers website, but now ticketmaster is selling them as well...and they still have great seats left.

Cycloz
09-17-2006, 08:39 AM
Had to dig this thread up with the show only two days away.... man anyone else going to this show??? Still good tickets left...

Rhapsody
09-17-2006, 09:05 AM
Driving in from Chicago, but I'll be there. The fact that there are still good seats available worries me...

Cycloz
09-17-2006, 07:11 PM
They dropped the lower price tickets from $40 to $20. There isn't a chance this show gets cancelled if it doesn't sell well is there? Man that would blow.

Come on Bucky fan, $20 to see Tool you can't go wrong.

Save me if you will
09-18-2006, 07:11 AM
Madison must be low on tool fans. I would go if i could make the trip.

Cycloz
09-18-2006, 07:58 AM
Madison must be low on tool fans. I would go if i could make the trip.

That, or most of the die hards already bought tickets for Chicago tonight as this show was announced pretty late.

Well, I'm making the trip to Chicago tonight and Madison tomorrow night (and working the following days no less) so come on Madtown represent and buy some freakin tickets.

resonance.
09-18-2006, 02:35 PM
What's everyone doing after the show? They stop selling beer in Madison at 9 pm, fyi

cureformax
09-19-2006, 05:54 AM
WJJO:

Show is cancelled!

http://www.wjjo.com/

EDIT: http://uwbadgers.com/sport_news/tix/headlines/story.html?sportid=104&storyid=9164

"There will be no make-up date scheduled for this show."

benpink
09-19-2006, 06:10 AM
wow that sucks

wouldn't u think that this would be posted on Toolband.com?

philipg
09-19-2006, 06:27 AM
NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO
does anyone know how to get a refund from ticketmistress?

Cycloz
09-19-2006, 06:27 AM
Nooooooooooooooooooooooo

benpink
09-19-2006, 06:29 AM
i wouldn't be so mad if it were just post-poned. now i'll probably never get to see Tool live :(

Cycloz
09-19-2006, 06:31 AM
Illness my ass. I'm betting this show was cancelled because of low ticket sales, Maynard did say last night he was still sick but it sure didn't show.

benpink
09-19-2006, 06:34 AM
Illness my ass. I'm betting this show was cancelled because of low ticket sales, Maynard did say last night he was still sick but it sure didn't show.

possibly...but my god, they didn't even have this date posted on toolband. what did they expect? if my friend hadn't been at some concert were WJJO announced it, i wouldn't have even known about it.

cureformax
09-19-2006, 06:37 AM
Reviews of last night's show said Maynard didn't sing some parts (end of Vicarious). I had an inkling he would be sick tonight, but not cancel! This comes as a shock, and I think Cycloz has a good point...tickets on the third tier were going for $20 which is ridiculously cheap for a Tool show.

Tool didn't come to WI for the mini-tour, and didn't announce this concert until WAY after the other initial stops (Minneapolis, Chicago), so I think there might be more in play here than illness, but for God's sakes Tool played in Green Bay in 2002!

Oh, and the fact that there won't be a make-up show! But hey, Madison isn't the enormous metropolis that everyone in Madison thinks it is, so blah...

njbrey1515
09-19-2006, 08:33 AM
fuck that....... i was gonna buy tickets to minnesota then they scheduled this one and i had no need to........
illness in the band my fucking ass, tool is all about the benjamins, FUCK TOOL

CaseLogic
09-19-2006, 08:37 AM
I'm pretty sure that Tool cancelling on a venue costs them more than you guys think... I doubt they did this "because of the money" (when they end up refunding all of it anyways...)

njbrey1515
09-19-2006, 09:20 AM
well no shit they have to give the money back............ but im sure its not worth the almighty tool's time to play for a half-full venue in wisconsin

Death In June
09-19-2006, 10:14 AM
Don't let anyone hear that you're disatisfied with Maynard or the band. The Maynard loyalist will suck him off no matter how badly he shits all of over them. Fuck Tool, and their fans.

philipg
09-19-2006, 10:31 AM
yeah its not like maynard is a singer and has to use his throat to hit extremely high notes for a couple of hours.....
there have been reports of him being sick and not singing certain parts of songs, chicago is a big spot so he probably sucked it up for that show, then came off the stage saying he needed a break.
now everyone can crucify him, or understand that this shit happens, its not like he got sick just to spite us for not being a humongous city.

Death In June
09-19-2006, 10:40 AM
Extremely high notes? Get real. Maynard has a two note range. I think these people are more upset with the fact that their show is cancelled, not postponed. I'd be upset too. Many of 'em bought tickets from third party ticket venues. Chump change for some people, maybe. But an extra sixty bucks still hurts the pockets of college students and the like.

Cycloz
09-19-2006, 10:44 AM
As of yesterday, there were still lower level seats Row S available. Trust me, ticket sales had something to do with this. They would have rescheduled otherwise. You don't postpone a show a week ago because of illness, continue to play 4 more shows then suddenly cancel a show because of the same illness.

Too many hippies in Madison, if it was a Phish show it would have sold out in minutes.

spookster86
09-19-2006, 10:45 AM
I'm really pissed that they all out cancelled this show. A group of friends and I spent $1,200 on a luxury box suite to rock the show out in style. I'm a huge Tool fan and I've been looking forward to this show ever since it was announced at WJJO's Band Camp. I've been talking about it non-stop. It's one thing to have a make-up date; but to cancel it all-together. I'm pissed. I'll be bitter about it for a long time. Even though we're getting a full refund, I can't help but feel like I've been bent over and done dry. It's just like a big band like Tool to screw over the fans that made them what they are.

Grrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrr!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! !!

Death In June
09-19-2006, 10:47 AM
My SA show was postponed, but they played the Houston and Dallas shows before and after. Funny that SA was the only city cancalled (the city with the lowest population). I'm not saying it was a factor in the decision, but the correlation is there. Of course, you could make that sort of vague connection to anything.

Death In June
09-19-2006, 10:50 AM
A lot of people (the members of Tool included) don't take that into consideration. Friends of mine (with little income) missed school and drove five hours to the SA show. And they cancelled the day of the show. I think Maynard's even taking the harvest season off before he comes back this way (pussy). You'd think for all the money they make, they'd show a little consideration to their fans.

Cycloz
09-19-2006, 10:54 AM
I hear ya spookster, I had 2nd row seats, but I've seen em 3 times this tour so I really feel for the people that this was their one show to see Tool this tour.

tomisatool
09-19-2006, 10:55 AM
Im pretty sure that these both play into effect here. Maynard already postponed a show because of illness, this was cancelled because Tool doesn't want to double back for a venue that isn't near full. Also, no offense to any Wisconsinees(??) but I don't think that Maynard would want to do further damage to his (throat) for a less than half full show.

Please dont cancel Detroit.....

atlastitsok
09-19-2006, 10:57 AM
have you ever called in sick to work?

Death In June
09-19-2006, 11:00 AM

I dont get paid millions of dollars.

njbrey1515
09-19-2006, 11:05 AM

no, i actually have never called in sick to work................. let alone twice in one fucking week.........exactly a week apart

Palp
09-19-2006, 11:13 AM
Come on, this is more about the amount of tickets sold then it is about illness. Sick in San Antonio, then play Dallas, Kansas City, Minneapolis, and Chicago, and then sick again?

I understand Maynard isn't feeling the greatest but this is about the ticket sales. I bought tickets to Chicago on Monday night, then a month later, the Madison show was announced, sold my tickets for Chicago and got Madison tickets. This show (in hindsight) was doomed from the start. First, why was it added so late? Second, after deciding to get rid of my Chicago tickets and get Madison tickets, it looked as though the only place to get Madison tickets was through a broker for beaucoup $ (which I assumed meant it was sold out).

Then two weeks ago, Ticketmaster sends me an email that says "Don't Miss Tool at the Kohl Center in Madison." LOTS of seats still available. Why couldn't you get them three weeks ago is my question?

So, now I won't see them, and it sucks big time. Add in that I had Chicago tickets, yet chose to attend the venue a half hour away instead of two hours with traffic and I am one pissed off dude.

And for anyone not familiar with Madison, there is no reason this show, if handled right from the beginning couldn't have been sold out. It was not advertised enough, and the aforementioned ticket distribution fiasco is the reason.

Not too happy right now.

Darkmoogle
09-19-2006, 11:13 AM
with no makeup date. thanks guys, you can stop shitting on wisconsin now.

cureformax
09-19-2006, 11:15 AM
Listen people. Tool cancelled and it sucks. I think there may have been SOME ticket sales considerations here (Maynard would have to be a little more sick to cancel a Chicago show) but that's the breaks...OKAY?

The reality is that these four guys are regular musicians, their music strikes a chord with people, and now suddenly thousands upon thousands of people are making huge plans around the ability of these four people to play a show at a specific time. Things happen, and I'd much rather not see a sub-par Tool show.

I definitely agree that not scheduling a make-up show hurts, but maybe they'll come to Madison during the next tour and give us some rarities (tracks from Undertow, etc.). Who knows. Still know that Tool is a good band, alright?

njbrey1515
09-19-2006, 11:19 AM
yeah it really was doomed from the beginning........
im in the same boat Palp, i had tickets to minnesota and when they announced this show i got rid of them for madison tickets........ i mean why add a show halfway through the tour if you're not going to honor it

doctors orders my ass

philipg
09-19-2006, 11:30 AM
Extremely high notes? Get real. Maynard has a two note range. I think these people are more upset with the fact that their show is cancelled, not postponed. I'd be upset too. Many of 'em bought tickets from third party ticket venues. Chump change for some people, maybe. But an extra sixty bucks still hurts the pockets of college students and the like.

two notes, covering the three octave harmony he has going on in rosetta stoned.
most singers cant even dream of hitting two octaves above a middle c, like he does at the end of bottom, or consistently hitting the high a that maynard sings in almost every song.... but thats off the subject.
this hits me as hard as anyone, being a shit poor college student, but come on guys all these people saying fuck tool they suck and dont care about fans just sound selfish.

cureformax
09-19-2006, 11:31 AM
i mean why add a show halfway through the tour if you're not going to honor it

doctors orders my ass

You have got a bad attitude about this. As much as I am crushed by this, you got to lighten the [no] up.

njbrey1515
09-19-2006, 11:37 AM
not really........... if they had cared about their fans they wouldnt have scheduled a show they never planned on playing...... or by rescheduling this show might have been a nice gesture

and nobody said they suck.......we've just been saying fuck tool

njbrey1515
09-19-2006, 11:41 AM
You have got a bad attitude about this. As much as I am crushed by this, you got to lighten the [no] up.

trust me man.......... im a huge fan got my tickets the second they went on sale, have been getting super pumped for this show for like two straight weeks..... one of the tool cds has been in my cd player nonstop for the last week
ive seen them live ONCE only and i had tickets for the minne show but sold em........
this fucking ruins my day!

cureformax
09-19-2006, 12:01 PM
They did not "plan on not playing" in advance. Maynard is sick, he tried last night in Chicago, and he said he can't sing tonight.

EDIT: They booked the show; that proves they were going to play it. Cancelling doesn't prove anything other than 'Nard is unable to perform. That, or a conspiracy involving God-knows-who-else booked a basketball stadium then refunded everyone's money back to them for $0 profit (mostly likely losing money on man power, promotion company fees, etc.).

Palp
09-19-2006, 12:01 PM
Sorry, but they knew they weren't playing tonight long before this morning.

Palp
09-19-2006, 12:13 PM
We know Maynard is sick dude. I'm saying last week when the postponed San Antonio, you don't think they circled Madison's date due to the low ticket sales etc and if he wasn't feeling better the show wouldn't happen? That's just common sense. Does it matter? Well, I wouldn't have taken today and Wednesday off of work to sit online and play poker.

Speed Damage
09-19-2006, 12:21 PM
Damn I guess it was too good to be true, with my front row tickets. And just last night I was reading the Chicago reviews and was really looking foward to hearing Wings For Marie/10000 Days, one of the greatest songs EVER.

spookster86
09-19-2006, 12:25 PM
I think the thing that pisses most of us off (myself included) is that they just cancelled it without rescheduling it. What a fucking joke!!! Why are they rescheduling the San Antonio show but not the Madison Show. What; we're not good enough for them? Last I checked, my money is as green and everybody elses.

Poor ticket sales for this show were the fault of the Promoter's poor advertising.

Also, there are many large concerts that come to Madison and sell out with no problem. It's not because we are in po-dunk Madison that they didn't sell enough tickets. It's because nobody fucking knew about it. The only reason that I knew about it is that I happened to be at JJO Band Camp when they announced it.

Bottom line -- If they gave two shits about us as fans, they would reschedule.

I'm a huge fan and I say fuck em!!

spookster86
09-19-2006, 12:35 PM
One more thing,

I read the night before last on www.toolband.com that Justin was the sick one that caused them to cancel the San Antonio show, not Maynard.

That post has now been changed.

Makes you think

hmmmmmm....

The Devil is in the details.

Useful)(Idiot
09-19-2006, 12:39 PM
My SA show was postponed, but they played the Houston and Dallas shows before and after. Funny that SA was the only city cancalled (the city with the lowest population). I'm not saying it was a factor in the decision, but the correlation is there. Of course, you could make that sort of vague connection to anything.

San Antonio is actually a bigger city (population wise) than Dallas, it became the 2nd biggest city in TX a couple years ago. i have tickets for the s.a. show, thank god were at least getting another concert, so sorry to you madison people. :(

Death In June
09-19-2006, 12:51 PM
The pataronizing of Maynard on this forum is incredible. Maybe the dates have been conicidental, but that's a hell of an accident. That's the accident equivalent of 300 counts of date rape. I'm not saying it's impossible, it's just going to take one hell of an explanation when you get caught doing it. Not only that, but, what the hell do you care if people are angry? They have a right to be. It's not selfish, or self centered. The million dollar pre madonna refusing to give up his harvest season, refusing to reschedule his shows; that's self centered.

Death In June
09-19-2006, 12:54 PM
San Antonio is actually a bigger city (population wise) than Dallas, it became the 2nd biggest city in TX a couple years ago. i have tickets for the s.a. show, thank god were at least getting another concert, so sorry to you madison people. :(

That may be, but the AT&T center holds about two thousand less occupants than the AA center.

blood_wh0re
09-19-2006, 12:55 PM
yeah...why not reschedule?

BOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO

Palp
09-19-2006, 12:59 PM
San Antonio may be bigger than Dallas, but the Dallas metro area is way bigger than the San Antonio metro area.

jack_shit
09-19-2006, 01:25 PM
WOW! Fuck them!

isthesystemdown
09-19-2006, 01:51 PM
well, i joined the forums to tell you guys this and well to be a prt of them in the future too. I have never seen tool in concert, and I live an hour from madison. I have never had my hopes up this high for anything in a long time and I cannot comprehend it. I think of it like a death, it is like it is still there, but yet no longer exists. I don't care for the reason of it being cancelled, but no rescheduling due to orchard season? WTF!!!! I had a good ticket with my friends going along and there a few things I like to do every couple of years. I would have been wasting gas going there if it weren't for my random searching online for tool reviews on this page. I see people's reasons for the cancellation and that brings me back to my original opinion of TOOL. Fuck them! There are no good shows EVER in wisconsin, and I doubt tool will ever come back here again. I am so sorely dissapointed..i dont know what else to say. I cant fucking believe it!

The Russian
09-19-2006, 01:56 PM
Man, this sucks. This was supposed to be my first Tool show, and I was really looking forward to it, I discovered the band 3 years ago and this is how long I have been waiting for the show. I am so mad I got rid of my Chicago ticket, when I heard about this show.
I just do not agree with the show being completely cancelled. San Antonio is postponed and Madison is cancelled. From what I understand they played in Madison, Milwaukee and even Green Bay last year, so why not play Milwaukee this year. I just do not get that.

Palp
09-19-2006, 01:58 PM
There are good shows in Wisconsin, but I agree that Tool probably isn't coming back to Madison at least. Primus won't cancel...

www.therave.com

isthesystemdown
09-19-2006, 02:00 PM
Yeah, im all with ya there. Why did they cancel really? I mean if they cared about fans theyd show up in october. The only venue this year was the kohl center, and there werent that many tickets left over for him to cancel, believe me.

isthesystemdown
09-19-2006, 02:01 PM
There are good shows in Wisconsin, but I agree that Tool probably isn't coming back to Madison at least. Primus won't cancel...

www.therave.com

well, i mean yeah the rave has everyone come to it, but i mean lately...i go to college full time and I just cant find anything this year.

AMF
09-19-2006, 02:54 PM
Why can't they just be honest and say it was ticket sales coupled with Maynard not feeling exactly 100%? I gurantee it's a combo of the 2, but using this veil to hide the truth only makes the situation worse. Lying never works, especially on such a big scale as this.

apollo
09-19-2006, 02:57 PM
^^ I agree... man I thought that TOOL was a band that wouldn't be taken over by money.. but I guess eventually they all do... I've lost alot of respect for them.. does a band exist that performs just because they enjoy it?

something_quick
09-19-2006, 03:19 PM
if tool is a band that has succumb to the almighty dollar, than why didn't they put on the Madison show, and keep the money vs. cancelling and offering a refund? why hasn't tool put out music videos to play on mtv for some extra cash? and why dont you see millions of product advertisements with the band members in them? yes, it was rude to cancel this show, but the San Antonio show is in a precarious situation because of so many booking factors, and the band has no idea of when they will be able to reschedule so the San Antonians (?) are just as pissed as those with tickets for the Madison show

bcbarrett
09-19-2006, 03:27 PM
I actually help book bands in Madison, and I was crushed by the news. I talked to some of my associates (some of whom also do work with Frank Productions... the promoter for the show) and from my understanding the cancellation of the show was on the account of ticket sales and the promoter was behind the cancellation...not the band. The incident may infact be that a member was sick and the show could not occur tonight, but the reason it was not rescheduled was in correlation with ticket sales.

isthesystemdown
09-19-2006, 03:33 PM
I actually help book bands in Madison, and I was crushed by the news. I talked to some of my associates (some of whom also do work with Frank Productions... the promoter for the show) and from my understanding the cancellation of the show was on the account of ticket sales and the promoter was behind the cancellation...not the band. The incident may infact be that a member was sick and the show could not occur tonight, but the reason it was not rescheduled was in correlation with ticket sales.

Just great, but i guarantee you if they cared enough and prmoted earlier they could sell out the kohl center no problem!

Cycloz
09-19-2006, 03:39 PM
Sad to say, but the initial sale of tickets on uwbadgers.com may have hurt this show. Sad, because I hate Ticketmaster and there horse crap convenience charges but if this show was initially sold on Ticketmaster (and announced when the Chicago and Minnesota shows were) it may have sold better. I blame it on that... and the hippies :)

Speed Damage
09-19-2006, 03:41 PM
Its not Madison that is the fault of poor tickets sales. First off, the chicago and minnesota shows near by went on sale 3 months early, so most bought tickets for those first. And the lack of promoting this show (it wasn't even on toolband.com, or ticketmaster) lead to more poor sales.

Metallica sold out the Alliant Energy Center in Madison in 22 minutes. Had this show been annouced and promoted properly, it could have been that way.

Its not the end of the world that the show is not happening, its shitty, but they probably be back with the tour next year. I'm just pissed that I had some great tickets (front row) and I probably won't be as fortunate next time around...

koby
09-19-2006, 03:58 PM
Yea, I was so excited that this show was the "Underground" show of the tour. I thought they might play a different setlist or something. I had second row center!! I doubt I will fare as well when I try to get the same tickets for a "Properly Promoted" show. I think maynard should pay whatever I have to pay the scalpers to get in the second row if/when they come around again!!

Not rescheduling is a bitch move!!!!

Phosphor10
09-19-2006, 04:16 PM
I can’t believe they canceled the show. I have been looking forward to seeing Tool since the last time I saw them, four years ago. Now, it looks like I may never see them again!!!! As many people have duly noted, MJK has been sick all week, but he have been able muster-up the strength to perform each night. I understand that ticket sales may have been dismal, but that shouldn’t matter. Each Tool fan is just an important as the other, and seeing that Tool rarely tours, they should be trying their hardest to perform in each location. The fact that this show was simply canceled instead of rescheduled is even more disheartening. The other show that was canceled was rescheduled. Why the hell doesn’t Wisconsin get the same respect? If they were so concerned with ticket sales, why didn’t they come to Milwaukee instead of Madison? The last time they toured, they came to Milwaukee and the place was almost packed. When perfect circle came to Milwaukee the show was almost sold out. So why Madison? But I guess that is beside the point. If MJK was sick, I’m very sorry to hear that, but they should promptly reschedule. If they don’t miss any other dates, and they never reschedule for Milwaukee, I will be very offended. Tool fans deserve more respect than this.

bcbarrett
09-19-2006, 04:26 PM
Since this was such an odd show (booked late, low ticket sales) I doubt they will come back next year. I hope i'm wrong. I think another thing Frank Productions didnt take in account was the day-of ticket sales. College kids procrastinate for everything and I'm sure there would have been a big about of day-of sales. Its a shitty situation, but there isn't anything any of us can really do about it. Its just sad that music is about the business and not the art. If I had put this gig together, they would be one of the VERY few bands that in this situation I would have stuck with, and rescheduled the show. Besides it was a night of class and I know half my friends would have gone if they didn't have a) class tonite or b) a test tomorrow. The whole gig seemed to have been thrown together sloppily (is that a word?) and its sad because it was a great loss.

bcbarrett
09-19-2006, 04:28 PM
Sad to say, but the initial sale of tickets on uwbadgers.com may have hurt this show. Sad, because I hate Ticketmaster and there horse crap convenience charges but if this show was initially sold on Ticketmaster (and announced when the Chicago and Minnesota shows were) it may have sold better. I blame it on that... and the hippies :)

I also think a lot has to do with the uwbadgers system. It was such a mess the day the tickets went on sale. The university really needs to think twice about using that as their method of selling tickets. Either a) beef up the server to make everything go faster or b) and i'm sad to say this... just leave it to ticketbastard.

jake5824
09-19-2006, 06:52 PM
tool should also consider changing the setlist up maybe a little bit night to night. it would give you more incentive to maybe catch them more than 1 time on this tour and lead to more ticket sales.

isthesystemdown
09-19-2006, 07:09 PM
Either way, the fact maynard had the gall to say "im too sick for a 90% sold show" is bullshit enough. He wants his fans to experience the music and the show, not him. So ultimately, why didnt we get that? Dont give me that fuckin bullshit about the poor ticket sales or sickness.....I have had the balls to show up to important meetings etc, that turned out to be inconsequential when I had mono and worse.

joeybvx900t
09-19-2006, 09:08 PM
if they would have reschedule it they could have tryed to promote the show better.
Got A second Chance, If that was there big thing for cancelling

valhalla
09-20-2006, 04:54 AM
What a bunch of selfish pricks. I'm glad they've dumped Madison. You don't think Tool cares about it's fans because they cancelled your show???? Believe it or not you whiners were the sacrificial lambs. Because Madison (and it's poor tickets sales and whiney "fans") is now out of the way, Maynard & co can now have several days to recover so they can perform, in top form, to HUNDREDS OF THOUSANDS of ADORING fans who appreciate their effort. The problem with Tools fanbase is there is a small but vocal portion that think they know everything, they complain about everything, and they seem to feel like the band "owes" them everything. These same asshats all probably downloaded 10K. Tool don't owe you shit. But now the laugh is on you. You got what you deserved; hind tit.

Arctic Monk
09-20-2006, 05:25 AM
What a bunch of selfish pricks. I'm glad they've dumped Madison. You don't think Tool cares about it's fans because they cancelled your show???? Believe it or not you whiners were the sacrificial lambs. Because Madison (and it's poor tickets sales and whiney "fans") is now out of the way, Maynard & co can now have several days to recover so they can perform, in top form, to HUNDREDS OF THOUSANDS of ADORING fans who appreciate their effort. The problem with Tools fanbase is there is a small but vocal portion that think they know everything, they complain about everything, and they seem to feel like the band "owes" them everything. These same asshats all probably downloaded 10K. Tool don't owe you shit. But now the laugh is on you. You got what you deserved; hind tit.
What the hell are you talking about? Tool DO owe them something if they've paid for tickets and put time aside to see a scheduled show. They're not being selfish at all, though I do agree that having a go at Maynard is out of order. If he's sick, he can't sing - it's as simple as that. If they're not rescheduling it, take it up with the promotors.

da5thelement
09-20-2006, 05:28 AM
Either way, the fact maynard had the gall to say "im too sick for a 90% sold show" is bullshit enough. He wants his fans to experience the music and the show, not him. So ultimately, why didnt we get that? Dont give me that fuckin bullshit about the poor ticket sales or sickness.....I have had the balls to show up to important meetings etc, that turned out to be inconsequential when I had mono and worse.

Where did you get that quote from Maynard. If he did actually say that I have lost alot of respect for him.

Another thing is last time they played in Milwaukee Maynard was sick and he did not sing most of the songs. There was proable a 20-30 minute guitar solo in there to, why could they not have done the same thing here. To me it all boils down to ticket sales, which due to the late notice of the concert was not Madisons fault.

HappySlave
09-20-2006, 06:45 AM
You would think this was the end of the world. Truly fortunate are those who have so much to complain about something so insignificant.

isthesystemdown
09-20-2006, 07:48 AM
If this were any other show I would not care less, but the fact I base all of my philosophy and most of my activities from TOOL, then yeah it is very significant. If you think it just music, then why do you post here? They had poor promotion etc, and if I were maynard i would never stress my throat further to ruin future bigger shows. But, the fact of the matter is I doubt san antonio was sold out and they rescheduled that. He does owe to come to wisconsin again on this tour, as I was paid in full (expensive) to continue my life's work and now I cant thanks to a rare venue.

WisconSinner
09-20-2006, 09:33 AM
I gotta say, I'd been looking forward to seeing these guys for the first time yesterday, a day after my birthday, and it was just devestating for me to hear that it was cancelled. While I can understand if you are sick to not want to perform, but to not reschedule due to ticket sales is just selfish. The ones who weren't buying those extra tickets were the ones who were pissed because they couldn't force their way up front to be in a mosh pit. The ones who went and stood in line for tickets to be close to one of the greatests modern musical groups were the ones who wanted to sit/stand on their seats and just enjoy the music, which I would understand Maynard to want anyways. I know Bill Hicks is a big influence on them, and he'd have wanted nothing more than to get his message across to the few who truly appreciate it, touring constantly despite illness or anything, and Tool would have found more of those who appreciate their musicallity and message in Madison, WI than in many many of the places that were sold out.

El Scorcho
09-20-2006, 09:54 AM
I base all of my philosophy and most of my activities from TOOL

Ummmmmmm... There's your problem right there...

Death In June
09-20-2006, 10:03 AM

Is your underwear permanently twisted up with your nuts or something? Quit suckling at Maynards tit for a second and grasp reality. Or are you one of those "true" fans. If taking it up the ass makes you an adoring fan, count me out.

BTW, I downloaded ten thousands day. Why? Because it's a shitty album not worth my $15. For someone who's such a stickler for whining, these "fans" sure seem to have you foaming at the mouth.

sianspheric
09-20-2006, 10:49 AM
Can you guys really blame Tool for skipping a date in Madison, Wisconsin.
especially when Maynard could have 2 days off to get better and in good shape for important shows on the weekend.

Quit your bitching and get out of Wisconsin.

Cycloz
09-20-2006, 10:51 AM

So you get a kick out of other's misfortunes? That's nice.
So the people who did buy tickets and are screwed out of the show aren't "adoring" fans who appreciate their effort?
Who's the prick here?

Cycloz
09-20-2006, 10:54 AM
Can you guys really blame Tool for skipping a date in Madison, Wisconsin.
especially when Maynard could have 2 days off to get better and in good shape for important shows on the weekend.

Quit your bitching and get out of Wisconsin.

I would take offense to that.... but then I realized you were from Canada.

Palp
09-20-2006, 10:54 AM
Is your underwear permanently twisted up with your nuts or something? Quit suckling at Maynards tit for a second and grasp reality. Or are you one of those "true" fans. If taking it up the ass makes you an adoring fan, count me out.

BTW, I downloaded ten thousands day. Why? Because it's a shitty album not worth my $15. For someone who's such a stickler for whining, these "fans" sure seem to have you foaming at the mouth.

Here, Here. He is right though, Madison was the sacrificial lamb...I'm not denying that. What I have a problem with is that if you think that yesterday morning was the first time Tool knew they weren't playing Madison, I have a bridge to sell you. They should have announced the Madison concert was off, as soon as San Antonio was postponed...due to illness AND low ticket sales. I could have then seen them in Chicago, which was my original plan before adding the Madison show late.

isthesystemdown
09-20-2006, 11:10 AM
Can I please come to a site and not get bullshit? I was going to go to the concert, just like you guys are going to future shows. Like i said, i understand the cancellation but the fact it isnt rescheduled is just total shit. And, when I said i base my philosophy off of tool....it is a very general lyric set and isnt specific. Im sorry for being intelligent you ignorant pos.

sianspheric
09-20-2006, 11:24 AM
I would take offense to that.... but then I realized you were from Canada.

yep, sucks to be in Canada with my free health care, army NOT in Iraq, and Tool concert on saturday at an awesome open air ampitheatre with 17,000 people.

btw, you know im just fucking with you guys because yr all so charged up, im sure once they get back from europe and tour other US markets again there will be a date in Milwaukee.

valhalla
09-20-2006, 11:33 AM
So you get a kick out of other's misfortunes? That's nice.
So the people who did buy tickets and are screwed out of the show aren't "adoring" fans who appreciate their effort?
Who's the prick here?

What makes you think I'm getting "a kick" out of this? I could care less. I'm just sick of reading all these posts by you whiney little pissants who think you're owed everything. The people who boughts tix can get their $$$ back so they're not screwed out of that. They are screwed out of a tool show. Oh well, guess what shit happens. Get over it. And if you think I'm just another fanboy, well you're wrong again. With the exception of Vicarious, the songs on this cd are their weakest cd since Opiate. This was not Maynards finest hour and 20 minutes. IMHO he phoned it in. Oh yeah, one more thing; based on the current set list, I have no plans on going to see this show either.

Cycloz
09-20-2006, 11:52 AM
Let's see...
"I'm glad they've dumped Madison."
"But now the laugh is on you. You got what you deserved"

I think that first one kinda says it all. I sure wouldn't be glad if someone else's show was dumped so the band would be rested up when they got to my city.

And to sianspheric, I know you were kidding, so was I ;)

menes40
09-20-2006, 12:13 PM
i love tool and ive been reading show reviews and yes at first i was pissed off they cancelled cuz i couldve gone to a chitown show, but come on people ur saying you fuckin hate tool because they wont play madison. face it, if u were huge rockstars and ur bands frontman still felt like crap and couldnt sing at 100% u might consider cancelling too. BUT there is a bright side...if u retards who say ill never see tool didnt pay attention to the reviews i do...it sounds like they are coming back to the states in '07... be smart go to the closest BIG venue when u get the chance and stop saying tool screwed you over...u bought tickets so i highly doubt u r gonna stop liking them...so to all haters....suck it up

PS-if you dont like the new album, why do u wanna go to a show based on it. and if its so terrible, how come it went platinum in less than 3 months???

maxnix
09-20-2006, 12:58 PM
hey, I understand everybody's disappointment . . . I do a lot of business with arenas and convention centers, etc.(not rock n roll), and let me tell you, rescheduling something can be a bitch. There's a lot involved that has nothing to do with a band's desire to return or not, especially with the tight tour schedule Tool have. . . . I'm surprised they didn't canel San Antono as well. So don't burn Tool for cancelling, there may have been fuck-all they could've done about it.

carmalita75
09-20-2006, 01:15 PM
they did cancel the show in San Antonio, due to illness, they cancelled the day of the show about 6 hours prior to show time! However it will be rescheduled, no announcement on when that will be!

da5thelement
09-20-2006, 01:23 PM
Could them not rescheduling have anything to do with the Kohl center being booked. Because by the time Tool had time to come back to Madison might be the same time hockey and basketball start up at the kohl center.

Death In June
09-20-2006, 01:27 PM
PS-if you dont like the new album, why do u wanna go to a show based on it. and if its so terrible, how come it went platinum in less than 3 months???

You've seen the setlist, right? It's more of a "greatest hits" tour than a ten thousand days tour.

Sound_Advice
09-20-2006, 02:47 PM
i love tool and ive been reading show reviews and yes at first i was pissed off they cancelled cuz i couldve gone to a chitown show, but come on people ur saying you fuckin hate tool because they wont play madison. face it, if u were huge rockstars and ur bands frontman still felt like crap and couldnt sing at 100% u might consider cancelling too. BUT there is a bright side...if u retards who say ill never see tool didnt pay attention to the reviews i do...it sounds like they are coming back to the states in '07... be smart go to the closest BIG venue when u get the chance and stop saying tool screwed you over...u bought tickets so i highly doubt u r gonna stop liking them...so to all haters....suck it up

First off, I do enjoy much of the latest album, despite the fact that it is not their greatest effort. But you are employing faulty logic.... have you seen the charts as of late? Selling thousands of albums doesn't mean that the album is quality. Paris Hilton is on the charts....

And as for being upset, people have a right to be. Tool hasn't toured for six years. These are loyal fans who will buy any table scraps that Tool decides to give them. I love Tool, don't get me wrong, but the least they could do is give the fans that support them a little bit once in awhile, perhaps a dvd. So when us fans think we are going to get a little something from the band that means so much to us, and it gets cancelled, with out being rescheduled, it sucks. So if people stop liking Tool for this reason, it is justified.

Thank you. That is all.

I hope Tool decides to remedy this.

Sound_Advice
09-20-2006, 02:57 PM
What makes you think I'm getting "a kick" out of this? I could care less. I'm just sick of reading all these posts by you whiney little pissants who think you're owed everything. The people who boughts tix can get their $$$ back so they're not screwed out of that. They are screwed out of a tool show. Oh well, guess what shit happens. Get over it. And if you think I'm just another fanboy, well you're wrong again. With the exception of Vicarious, the songs on this cd are their weakest cd since Opiate. This was not Maynards finest hour and 20 minutes. IMHO he phoned it in. Oh yeah, one more thing; based on the current set list, I have no plans on going to see this show either.

If you're sick of reading posts that don't affect you, then you shouldn't read them.... strange how that works. As for getting screwed, many people are more than just screwed out of getting a Tool show. It's hard being a college student and paying $60+ in advance to see a band, especially when you could have used that $60+ for other things that maybe you were sacrificing for the show.

Oh, and, there are three other members of Tool. It's not just Maynard....

valhalla
09-20-2006, 04:02 PM
It's hard being a college student and paying $60+ in advance to see a band, especially when you could have used that $60+ for other things that maybe you were sacrificing for the show.

Jesus, here we go again. Waaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaa!!!!!!!! You think it's tough being a college student??? Give me a break. Wait'll you grow up and become an adult. You may want to shoot yourself now.

nexus11313
09-20-2006, 04:17 PM
You've seen the setlist, right? It's more of a "greatest hits" tour than a ten thousand days tour.

What set list have you been looking at? 6/11 songs or 7/12 have been from the new album...personally I think they could play any 12 of their songs and be perfectly happy but I don't know if I'd totally call this a "greatest hits" tour.
That being said, you guys got fucked big time...I'm hoping they don't the same for tomorrow's show in Columbus. I feel for ya.

peripheral
09-20-2006, 04:35 PM
Man, this sucks. This was supposed to be my first Tool show, and I was really looking forward to it, I discovered the band 3 years ago and this is how long I have been waiting for the show. I am so mad I got rid of my Chicago ticket, when I heard about this show.
I just do not agree with the show being completely cancelled. San Antonio is postponed and Madison is cancelled. From what I understand they played in Madison, Milwaukee and even Green Bay last year, so why not play Milwaukee this year. I just do not get that.

if you 'discovered' tool 3 years ago, and they alledgedly played in madison, green bay, and milwaukee last year why didn't you go? i'll tell you why; it's because they played those cities in 2001-2002. btw, this is only the first leg of their North American tour. They should have at least a second leg, which is exactly how they did it on the lateralus tour.

knowledge is power.

Sound_Advice
09-20-2006, 09:07 PM
Jesus, here we go again. Waaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaa!!!!!!!! You think it's tough being a college student??? Give me a break. Wait'll you grow up and become an adult. You may want to shoot yourself now.

Are you still reading these posts? Odd. Your response seems juvenile to me. Perhaps I will take my own life so that I do not regress....

Waco Jesus
09-20-2006, 09:18 PM
Wow, some of you need to chill the hell out and actually look at the situation before you get your panties in a wad.

I know how it is to be cancelled on due to a real bullshit reason - like the prima donna shit that some bands pull. Glen Benton of Deicide is a prime example of this type of crap. He'll cancel and not even give a reason. I've been to several other concerts where this has happened - those are bands who truely don't give a shit about their fans. They'll cancel one show and the rest of the tour because of a hissy fit the vocalist or guitarist threw.

It's really hard for me to sympathize with some fans who bitch and moan about a band cancelling or post-poning a date because of a legit reason. For Maynard, it more than likely was due to a sickness based on what I've heard about San Antone's date being post-poned and what a user here said, (paraphrasing) where they had to play a 20 - 30 minute guitar solo and Maynard didn't get to sing any of the songs. That would've downright dissapointed me because, to be honest, I don't want to go to a Tool show just to hear Adam wanking on his guitar for half an hour. He's not that spectacular of a guitarist, plus if I wanted to hear wanking, I'd go see Steve Vai, Joe Satriani, Rusty Cooley or whatever. I'd go to NAMM or something. I went to Tool in 2002 to see Tool, not Adam. What I got was Tool - Maynard was awesome, and so was Adam and Danny. Plus the entire visual package. If I went to see Tool this time around with Maynard sick, I would've been severely dissapointed.

Let me relay an anecdote:

My father went to see Zeppelin back in their hey day. He saw them 3 times in Houston. According to him, the first two times were simply awesome - with the entire band jamming out and having a great time. The third time was severely dissapointing, why? Because Robert Plant was sick. Don't get me wrong, seeing John Bonham and Jimmy Page rocking out would've been great, but another vital part of the band is Robert Plant - his singing, voice, his trademark strutting around the stage. That's what a Zeppelin show was supposed to be, not just Page and Bonham jamming out for two hours, which is what happened, according to my dad. Page couldn't sing but some of the lyrics and he relied on the crowd to sing for him and some other time he would just scat. My dad had some friends along with him who told me the same story and they were all dissapointed.

That's what's happening with Tool, IMO. Why the hell go to go see Carrey and Jones? It's supposed to be Tool, with Maynard included. Maynard probably realized this after said show and decided he needed to recuperate. Good! Because I'm more than sure that there was probably more than a few fans in that audience that night who felt the same way my father did when he saw Zeppelin for the final time. If an artist truely cares about their fans, they'd do anything in their power to keep tip top shape, even if that means having to postpone or even cancel a show or two. Yeah, some fans will be butt hurt but I'm pretty sure the fans at the future show will really appreciate hearing a healthy Maynard rather than having the band cancel yet another date and have even more fans be butt-hurt cause of it.

As far as them not rescheduling, that could be a host of reasons. One could be that they couldn't reserve a new date, another would be that the promoter and the management (i.e. not the band) decided that there wouldn't be enough money in it to produce the show. I think a lot of people are neglecting the fact that there is a lot of money that needs to change hands before a show even goes on - most of that money doesn't even get in the hands of the band themselves. There's the road crew, the in-house crew, city (and perhaps state) permits, catering, management, owners of the venue, so on and so forth. Tool probably had their share secured, but there wouldn't have been enough to pay everyone else if ticket sales were shoddy. Another thing to keep in mind is the quality of the promotion in that particular city - by the looks of it, they did a bad job all around from booking in an untimely manner, bad promotions, ticket sales through exclusive outlets, etc.

And in any case, it's not like Tool are going anywhere soon! This is only their first leg of the US tour, then they'll go over seas for a while. Chances are they'll come back and do two or three more legs around the country like they did with the Lateralus tour.

In conclusion, everyone just needs to chill the fuck out and stop blaming the band for everything that goes awry - especially when something happens that's way beyond their control.

njbrey1515
09-20-2006, 10:41 PM
how was this way beyond their control? maynard is no more sick than he was last night in chitown... the reason they cancelled this show was due to poor ticket sales... which would have been fixed had they not announced this date halfway through the tour....
and i dont give a shit they cancelled in madison...... im just pissed cuz i woulda seen them in minneappolis had this garbage never gone down

Waco Jesus
09-20-2006, 11:20 PM
how was this way beyond their control? maynard is no more sick than he was last night in chitown... the reason they cancelled this show was due to poor ticket sales... which would have been fixed had they not announced this date halfway through the tour....
and i dont give a shit they cancelled in madison...... im just pissed cuz i woulda seen them in minneappolis had this garbage never gone down

And are you Maynard's personal doctor? Were you there with him on the 18th/19th? Do you know what he was sick with? Please, share with us your amazing powers of astral projection. The government has been trying to figure that shit out for half a century now.

Nonetheless, tickets sales and promotion are beyond the band's control. As I said before, there's a lot of players that go on into making a show. It's not just the band, security, fans and managers. Promotion is supposed to be guarenteed by the purchaser of said show - it's their responsibility to get the word out and get the sales up. If they can't do that within a satisfactory amount of time or to a good enough point where it'll cover at least most of the costs, then the show is cancelled, moved or post-poned.

The band themselves don't do the booking - that's management's job. Bitch at them. It could've also been the venue's fault for getting back to them so late in time.

sixk
09-21-2006, 06:16 AM
Amen Waco!!! It is TOOl we are talking about afterall, not some other shit band. They will be around for more shows, unless some of you are going to abandon them just because they can't do a coupla shows that is. What is it we call those kinda fans???? O yea, Shitty ones!!

isthesystemdown
09-21-2006, 08:08 AM
I am just mad at the randomness and bad luck of it all, and the fact there is no rescheduling. Ill go to milwaukee or green bay for a show, fuck the kohl center it sux anyway.

eulogys
09-21-2006, 08:40 AM
Wow, some of you need to chill the hell out and actually look at the situation before you get your panties in a wad.

I know ........ I went to Tool in 2002 to see Tool, not Adam. What I got was Tool - Maynard was awesome, and so was Adam and Danny. ......

Let me relay an anecdote:

My father went to see Zeppelin ..... Because Robert Plant was sick. Don't get me wrong, seeing John Bonham and Jimmy Page rocking out would've been great, but another vital part of the band is Robert Plant - .....That's what a Zeppelin show was supposed to be, not just Page and Bonham jamming out for two hours, ........

That's what's happening with Tool, IMO. Why the hell go to go see Carrey and Jones? It's supposed to be Tool, with Maynard included. .....

{edited for length}

First off, I agree with most of your post, but, you do realize that there is a 4th member of Tool. His name is Justin. And Zeppelin had a 4th member too, his name was John. And I've spent a couple of Tool shows with my eyes NEVER leaving Danny.

Sound_Advice
09-21-2006, 09:38 AM
{edited for length}

You do realize that there is a 4th member of Tool. His name is Justin. And Zeppelin had a 4th member too, his name was John. And I've spent a couple of Tool shows with my eyes NEVER leaving Danny.

Amen brother.

Waco Jesus
09-21-2006, 10:09 AM
{edited for length}

First off, I agree with most of your post, but, you do realize that there is a 4th member of Tool. His name is Justin. And Zeppelin had a 4th member too, his name was John. And I've spent a couple of Tool shows with my eyes NEVER leaving Danny.

Yeah, I realize that. So what? How does that detract from my point? Pretty moot to bring up.

SchwarzKatze
09-21-2006, 11:07 AM
I was very sad to hear that they couldnt play in Madtown. I spent all of my english class looking at tour reviews from the previous night. Talking about how he was not supposed to be singing. Then during my next class I get a text from my friend saying I owe you $65. I already knew that Maynard thrashed his vocal cords. Oh well, he is only human after all.

Killingly Vast
09-21-2006, 12:00 PM
...never been to a tool show, they came to town during the lateralus tour, didnt go, didnt like them then, saw tickets for madison 2 weeks ago on ticket master, nearly bought tickets for minneapolis, closer, but said "obstructed view" on ticket, fuck that, bought madison tickets, left monday 10:30 pm, arrived in madison tuesday 12:02 pm, jacked around, left 6:10 pm (early) day of concert for k center, couple wrong turns, arrived at center 6:30 pm, approached entrance doors "man, looks pretty dead for a goddamn TOOL concert", noticed pink signs in the windows, indescribable feeling ran through body "the TOOL concert has been CANCELLED" spoke with random dude bummin outside "well, you probably dont want to hear this but those people in minneapolis that had the obstructed view tickets behind the stage were moved to the sky boxes", drove over 1500 miles for this concert and might as well have burned the $300+ spent, dont know what to make of it, neither angry or sad, nor indifferent or nonchalant, perplexed, yeah, puzzled...

Phosphor10
09-21-2006, 03:37 PM
I too had tickets to go see Tool in Madison, and when they canceled I was devastated. I admit, it is hard not to project that anger towards Tool themselves because of the conditions surrounding the cancellation—i.e. Tool played in Chicago the night before, they rescheduled the other canceled show and not Madison’s, and they are apparently playing tonight (21st). But I must try to give them the benefit of the doubt. What would help is if they would post a band letter explaining the situation in full, giving Wisconsin Tool fans a little bit of hope in seeing them again. It’s very hard to have any closure since they disseminated an ambiguous cancellation notice via radio hosts. A comprehensive explanation is all most of us want, and it would dispel all of the rumors and speculation floating around. Please come back to Wisconsin Tool. Maybe try playing in Milwaukee next time, more people will come.

Sound_Advice
09-21-2006, 04:20 PM
I too had tickets to go see Tool in Madison, and when they canceled I was devastated. I admit, it is hard not to project that anger towards Tool themselves because of the conditions surrounding the cancellation—i.e. Tool played in Chicago the night before, they rescheduled the other canceled show and not Madison’s, and they are apparently playing tonight (21st). But I must try to give them the benefit of the doubt. What would help is if they would post a band letter explaining the situation in full, giving Wisconsin Tool fans a little bit of hope in seeing them again. It’s very hard to have any closure since they disseminated an ambiguous cancellation notice via radio hosts. A comprehensive explanation is all most of us want, and it would dispel all of the rumors and speculation floating around. Please come back to Wisconsin Tool. Maybe try playing in Milwaukee next time, more people will come.

I have to agree. A letter explaining the situation would be nice, and would end the speculation as to whether or not the lack of rescheduling was due to poor ticket sales, or other aspects outside of their control.

I also agree that Tool should make a tour stop in Milwaukee. Better venues, less hippies. Closer to Chicago.

sarahethan
09-21-2006, 04:38 PM
Does anyone here near Brookfield would be able to drive me to and from the concert? (PM me if it would be possible)

Wow, I grew up in Brookfield and now live in CA. How is the neighborhood???

Sound_Advice
09-21-2006, 04:54 PM

I'm from Brookfield and live in Milwaukee.... unfortunately, I wouldn't have been able to give you ride anyways.

isthesystemdown
09-22-2006, 07:47 AM
Yeah, it should have been milwaukee. The kohl center is good for college games only anyway. I know they arent done in the us, and will be back next year but OMFG I couldnt have put anymore expectation into this happening. The only reason i could get thru classes and all of life's other shit was in anticipation of going to the concert. The morning of I heard it on the radio and I thought they were joking, then i heard pieces of "maynard sick" etc so I checked online. Then i saw the bad news. I feel bad for everyone that went and you have all the right to complain. To cancel the day of is so unprofessional and If i were in such a huge band they would be telling all ticket sellers and promoters at least 24 hours before the show itself. Ill go to the show, but just reschedule or come back to wisconsin please tool!! Ill even promise to get better tickets next time. I had section 127, good but could have done better. Please!@!@!

The Russian
09-22-2006, 02:02 PM
Originally posted by peripheral:
"if you 'discovered' tool 3 years ago, and they alledgedly played in madison, green bay, and milwaukee last year why didn't you go? i'll tell you why; it's because they played those cities in 2001-2002. btw, this is only the first leg of their North American tour. They should have at least a second leg, which is exactly how they did it on the lateralus tour.

knowledge is power."

By last year I meant last tour, you anal prick. But thanks for stating the obvious anyways. Knowledge is power my ass.