PDA

View Full Version : wings live in 02

<shane>
08-06-2006, 12:15 AM
this is interesting.Tool played wings for marie in 2002 late in the tour.

FickMyDuck
08-06-2006, 12:37 AM
rly?

Light Reflections
08-06-2006, 12:47 AM
NO WAI!

itsyours2relive
08-06-2006, 01:06 AM
interesting indeed, if you could tell us this late 2002...

ragextool
08-06-2006, 02:15 AM
i don't know if this has been confirmed... i have heard for myself through browsing umpteen youtube videos that part of wings was played.. the beginning of it... no words were sang.. and i'm pretty sure.. either it was before lateralus.. or after..

blair's man sausage
08-06-2006, 02:29 AM
it was intro to lateralus...just the early guitar riff

http://koti.mbnet.fi/korn/Tool%20-%2...%20(intro).mp3

Ia Yog-Sothoth!!?!!
08-06-2006, 02:31 AM
It's true! There's a couple of recordings on www.geocites.com/toolmilitia/raretool.htm
There's also loads of other rare stuff on there, check it out...

lizbiz
08-06-2006, 02:26 PM
It was just a jam that they developed into a song. Possibly even a riff from lateralus that didn't make the album.

Skull Island
08-08-2006, 03:21 AM
I remember seeing/hearing this on a bootleg handycam from the lateralus tour. But yeah, it seemed to me to be more a jam riff at the time that eventually turned into wings.

Tyson
08-08-2006, 03:38 AM
Interesting, since she died in 03.

Skull Island
08-08-2006, 03:40 AM
There were no vocals or anything dude. Like i said, a jam riff.

Tyson
08-08-2006, 04:05 AM
Well big deal, Billy said most of apc's guitar parts for the first album were written in the 80's & early 90's.

Skull Island
08-08-2006, 04:09 AM
Hahaha...Really? I thought APC was all completely new material that howerdel HADN'T been sitting on while rig-checking for stone temple pilots and the like. It was merely an observation that Adam had been playing around with that riff for a while and it obviously developed into a song. So if its not worth your time go spend it elsewhere.

dapharmer
09-18-2006, 09:25 AM
it was funny cause right after the show they first played that bit on, when the recording hit toolhub, i heard it and immediately was like "yo i swear i guarentee that's gotta be part of a new song or some indication of the route they're going with the next album!!" at the time nobody bought it and thought it was just some kind of interlude added in, but i mean it was like the 3rd or 4th to last show and it was the first time they had ever played that on the tour (I had full boots from every single show on that tour) and the way they went into it out of nowhere it just sounded too much like there was a song brewing in it.

then after 4 years of no indication of what the new album would sound like the cd come out... i start listening through the tracks, get to 3... within 15 seconds i was screaming out loud and laughing my ass off cause i had called it... tracked down like 4-5 members of the toolhub and told em all "i told ya so :P"

sweet redemption

and damn beautiful song

duncang
09-18-2006, 09:35 AM
it was funny cause right after the show they first played that bit on, when the recording hit toolhub, i heard it and immediately was like "yo i swear i guarentee that's gotta be part of a new song or some indication of the route they're going with the next album!!" at the time nobody bought it and thought it was just some kind of interlude added in, but i mean it was like the 3rd or 4th to last show and it was the first time they had ever played that on the tour (I had full boots from every single show on that tour) and the way they went into it out of nowhere it just sounded too much like there was a song brewing in it.

then after 4 years of no indication of what the new album would sound like the cd come out... i start listening through the tracks, get to 3... within 15 seconds i was screaming out loud and laughing my ass off cause i had called it... tracked down like 4-5 members of the toolhub and told em all "i told ya so :P"

sweet redemption

and damn beautiful song

Maybe you should use your foresights to avoid the car I'm going to drive into you.

Impatient215
10-02-2006, 04:33 PM
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=v5i-jtBmpSs

here's a video of said intro