PDA

View Full Version : sentence missing in lyrics

lachrymolog
08-05-2006, 09:13 AM
Hey, found it hard to believe that noone has posted this before (atleast i couldnt find any), but at 6.50 into the song (right after the High/Hey-part) Maynard is singing something (sooo beautiful, IMO) that i cant make out and thats missing in the lyrics i've seen, including the one on TDN... What gives???

One Dark Flame
08-05-2006, 10:58 AM
Hey, found it hard to believe that noone has posted this before (atleast i couldnt find any), but at 6.50 into the song (right after the High/Hey-part) Maynard is singing something (sooo beautiful, IMO) that i cant make out and thats missing in the lyrics i've seen, including the one on TDN... What gives???
Yeah I kinda hear it too, anyone been able to hear anything clearly??

duncang
08-05-2006, 11:02 AM
It just sounds like hey-ooooooo, hye-ooooo, though the beginning of it sounds like it has some words.

Aunt Acid
08-05-2006, 12:13 PM
It says:
"I'm on acid, not DXM, nor am I asleep in a trance.
I also say 'Peanuts Parents' not 'Peanuts Dance'
There is no Uncle Martin
I say "My partner"
The aliens were intergallactic thugs
WHY CAN'T WE JUST FUCKING ADMIT THIS SONG TALKS ABOUT DRUGS"

Of course it's open to interpretation, but this is what I hear him singing. Beautiful melody though.

parables in the world
08-05-2006, 01:03 PM
read this:

http://toolnavy.com/showthread.php?t=46224&page=23

Aunt Acid
08-05-2006, 07:57 PM
read this:

http://toolnavy.com/showthread.php?t=46224&page=23

If you think that there are 3 voices saying two things (left, right, mono) you'd be mistaken. That would suond horrendously garbled up. Have you ever recorded any vocal tracks like that?

parables in the world
08-06-2006, 05:50 PM
no but this is as close as i got and i don't see anybody else trying to decipher

Aunt Acid
08-06-2006, 08:27 PM
I sincerely doubt that is the case, with the 3 voices saying two things.

LetGoLetgoLetGo
08-07-2006, 01:25 PM
If you think that there are 3 voices saying two things (left, right, mono) you'd be mistaken. That would suond horrendously garbled up. Have you ever recorded any vocal tracks like that?

No, but I know TOOL has. The end of The Patient is garbled crap and not one of the most beautiful parts of any song known to man.

"I must keep reminding myself of this"

repeated behind

"If there were no rewards to reap, no loving embrace to see me through the tedious path Ive chosen here, I certainly would have walked away by now."

And in Rosetta, it wouldnt sound garbled. The inference that I have made regarding this topic is that these parts with possible dual vocal layers have words that rhyme making it it difficult to discern. And based on my perusing of the Rosetta lyrics page on this forum, some people are having a hard time discerning some of it.

magdalena.
08-07-2006, 03:51 PM
This is probably wrong, but here's what I hear. The first part sounds like "dig a hole," the second part, "all alone."

lachrymolog
08-08-2006, 01:48 AM
dig a hole sounded likely... atleast something for me to sing while im waiting for the real deal ;)

lachrymolog
08-20-2006, 09:17 AM
...now the lyrics are official, but still no mention of the lines im talking about, am i the only one hearing lyrics here, other than the simple "Hey.. " written in the officials? what are thy trying to hide!!?! bastards...:P

peabrain
08-20-2006, 12:17 PM
heyeyahey heyeyaheyahaheyheya hey hey hahahahahey hey hey hahahaha hey heyeyahey heyeyaheyahaheyhiya hay whoaaooooooooooaho haaaaaaaaawhoa hahaeyaaaaaaaa haaaaaaaaehyawhooaaaaaaaaaaa o

lachrymolog
08-20-2006, 04:44 PM
nope