PDA

View Full Version : Voice Effect

Graf
05-01-2003, 05:12 PM
You Lied - Salival

How does Maynard make his voice sound like he's "singing into a watering can" on this track? A similar echoey chorus-like effect is also on No Quarter (same album). So what's he using? I want to sound like that.

And bonus trivia, since I can't remember why that quote is sticking in my head. Who described the 'watering can' first?

ologyfrontman
03-16-2004, 05:32 PM
You Lied - Salival

How does Maynard make his voice sound like he's "singing into a watering can" on this track? A similar echoey chorus-like effect is also on No Quarter (same album). So what's he using? I want to sound like that.

And bonus trivia, since I can't remember why that quote is sticking in my head. Who described the 'watering can' first?

im a vocalist in a band and i enjoy playing around with diffrent effects to contort my voice, and i believe that that is a CATHEDRAL type effect but dont quote me on that, but thats how my voice sounds when i use it.

LEARN.2.SWiM
11-02-2007, 01:32 AM
you are talking water effect, FLANGER makes you sound underwater

Jambi_the_Genie
11-04-2007, 10:44 AM
its not flanger,

its chorus, that makes you sound like, underwater,

i cant really explain what flanger is though, lmao

Hodge
11-04-2007, 10:46 AM
flange is sweet

LEARN.2.SWiM
11-05-2007, 09:12 PM
a flange..

mix chorus with reverb with phaser with slight autowah and i guess that explains it as close as you can get it. i dont know what it does to a voice, but to a guitar it makes it sound underwater