PDA

View Full Version : evolution?

Khaotic
08-03-2006, 09:03 PM
This is to the whole theory that 46 & 2 is about evolving into a new species.

I don't think the 46 & 2 part has anything to do with evolution. This song as well as this album has Jungian influences all in it. One big part of the theory is the collective unconscious. It states that every one has a conscious then a subsonscious which are exclusive to themselves, but there is an even deeper level which everything of the same species share called the collective unconscious. Jung said that he thought you can peel away the layers of the conscious like and onion and each layer will have its own species of consciousness all the way to the first protozoa.

Anyways, I think Maynard was delving into his subconscious and analyzing his shadow when he finds bits of the collective unconscious. The next step back in our evolution chain could be a chimp. Therefore, while maynard was digging through his shadow he came to the chimp collective unconscious "forty-six & 2."

By finding this new part of his psyche he is able to learn and to grow and grip a better understanding on life.

edit: I say "new part of his psyche" but I mean new to him.

Khaotic
08-03-2006, 09:04 PM
Just a new thought, I like the evolution interpretation too :)

paraflux
08-04-2006, 07:15 AM
I mean, how do you arrive at the conclusion that 46 & 2 is referring to a chimp?

Track 01
08-04-2006, 07:58 AM
By finding this new part of his psyche he is able to learn and to grow and grip a better understanding on life.

I learned about this in school briefly and the idea of having 48 chromosomes meant that someone would be able to reach and expand their overall knowledge using different/new parts fo the brain

Alrite I know this maybe a little out there but we also learned that with the evoltion the male would reveal his anima or feminine side so could forty six & 2 be about coming out of the closet

The shawdow reprents his fear of a hidden personality,fear of being gay and he says he wants to experience change through his shawdow....this is just a thought dont flame me for this

Confuzzled
08-04-2006, 08:43 AM
I learned about this in school briefly and the idea of having 48 chromosomes meant that someone would be able to reach and expand their overall knowledge using different/new parts fo the brain

Alrite I know this maybe a little out there but we also learned that with the evoltion the male would reveal his anima or feminine side so could forty six & 2 be about coming out of the closet

The shawdow reprents his fear of a hidden personality,fear of being gay and he says he wants to experience change through his shawdow....this is just a thought dont flame me for this

I think that the idea that this song is about being able to expand knowledge using different parts of the brain. As stated above. I dont however think its about coming out of the closet. I could be wrong, but I doubt its about that.

Track 01
08-04-2006, 10:26 AM
I think that the idea that this song is about being able to expand knowledge using different parts of the brain. As stated above. I dont however think its about coming out of the closet. I could be wrong, but I doubt its about that.
You took what I said out of contexts I would rather it be about evolution but it is a possibility

Khaotic
08-04-2006, 12:36 PM
I mean, how do you arrive at the conclusion that 46 & 2 is referring to a chimp?

Im sorry I didn't specify. Humans have 46 chromosomes and in biology we say them as having 44 and 2 chromosomes with the 2 meaning the 2 sex chromosomes. Chimps have 46 chromosomes with 2 sex chromsomes to come to 46 & 2 chromosomes. There are other posts about which im sure you have read.

I still think that 46 & 2 is referring to the collective uncoscious that he has found.

Confuzzled
08-04-2006, 01:05 PM
You took what I said out of contexts I would rather it be about evolution but it is a possibility
First off its 'context' not contexts. Second I said that I could be wrong. I just think that coming out of the closet is the last thing that this song is about.

pivotal digit
08-04-2006, 02:44 PM
First off its 'context' not contexts. Second I said that I could be wrong. I just think that coming out of the closet is the last thing that this song is about.

Why correct text? it's self gratifying.

Confuzzled
08-04-2006, 04:25 PM
Why correct text? it's self gratifying.
Why because Track 01 is really my brother and its my job to piss him off by correcting him. Not to mention those kinda things bug me but I wouldnt correct anyone else just him.

Rosenbarger13
08-09-2006, 07:15 PM
This is to the whole theory that 46 & 2 is about evolving into a new species.

I don't think the 46 & 2 part has anything to do with evolution. This song as well as this album has Jungian influences all in it. One big part of the theory is the collective unconscious. It states that every one has a conscious then a subsonscious which are exclusive to themselves, but there is an even deeper level which everything of the same species share called the collective unconscious. Jung said that he thought you can peel away the layers of the conscious like and onion and each layer will have its own species of consciousness all the way to the first protozoa.

Anyways, I think Maynard was delving into his subconscious and analyzing his shadow when he finds bits of the collective unconscious. The next step back in our evolution chain could be a chimp. Therefore, while maynard was digging through his shadow he came to the chimp collective unconscious "forty-six & 2."

By finding this new part of his psyche he is able to learn and to grow and grip a
better understanding on life.

I believe that evolution and the consiousness theories go hand in hand. I believe he is evolving into a being of higher consiousness, If that makes sence...

I am pretty sure that when the geometric grid is completed, we will eveolve into "46 & 2"

Rosenbarger13
08-09-2006, 07:15 PM
I also like the chinp theory. Lots of evidence ot back that one up.

Khaotic
08-15-2006, 08:14 PM
I believe that evolution and the consiousness theories go hand in hand. I believe he is evolving into a being of higher consiousness, If that makes sence...

I am pretty sure that when the geometric grid is completed, we will eveolve into "46 & 2"

Good point.

They do go hand in hand. By looking at the previous conciousness we can evolve by looking at our own conciouseness. The same way someone can translate 2 dimensions into three or 3 dimensions into 4.

By looking at how we have evolved from the previous conciousness to our own, we can obtain an understanding of how to evovle from our current one to the next.

I don't think it necesarrily means 48 chromosomes or even more chromosomes at all, but simply the fact at studying past conciousnesses is helping the evolution of humans to the next level.