PDA

View Full Version : Lyrics, lyrics, lyrics...

PDISPRIMED
08-03-2006, 05:59 PM
What about the concept of the piece? Don't we see the metaphor or actual content of just about every social mental illness in this song and in 10k Days album as a whole?

This is the archetypical hero in the present age. "Can't remember what they said to make me WANT to be a hero." That's what he's saying. Not "...make me out to be a hero." Or am I only hearing that in my own head? Heroes are manufactured these days. And for about the last 30 years...

Maynard knows this more and more, particularly with the success of this album.

More of a situation...

waXresilienT
08-06-2006, 04:55 PM
made me out to be.....

LetGoLetgoLetGo
08-07-2006, 01:30 PM
made me out to be.....

blood_wh0re
08-07-2006, 02:07 PM
Heroes are manufactured these days. And for about the last 30 years...

I'm sorry, but WTF? That's just ridiculous and with NO CONTEXT.

Your statement ignores the entire oral and written history of the human species with an oversimplistic overgeneralization.

A hero is loosely defined as a person with superior admirable qualities. Archetypically the hero discovers this superior quality while on a seemingly insurmountable quest, gaining extraordinary focus by resolving conflicting elements within themselves.

A hero can be suggested to you, but you don't have to accept the suggestion.

You identify your heros based on what you personally consider to be admireable qualities, not because someone told you so.

...and phony people have existed for thousands of years, along with silly people who have a very narrow scope