PDA

View Full Version : TooL & The Spirit of Cannabis

EuphoricBlue
05-01-2003, 12:07 PM
I thought I'd post this to let us stoners know we are not all that different from our music making friends. Anyone who blazes one and listens to third eye knows what I mean. But for everyone else here is a caption from the newsletter from when they played Nov. 22and here in Fresno, Ca. Obviously they know our area and shops........

"Oh, the lengths people will go to get backstage. We'd let them explain their situation, and play along until the last minute before telling them that they were full of s***. But we always told them that it was a nice try (those with the better stories, that is). (NOTE: there was one exception: Two kids who claimed that Danny and Justin had come into their head-shop, Kaleidoscope, to purchase a lot of smoking paraphernalia, etc. Knowing this was true[ because I knew that Craig was horrified as the two left together on Danny's motorcycle] we gave them the tickets and passes, but only after making them give us the full list of items bought."

Need I say more. Danny, being the core of the band, has intertwined this "spirit" into the music through hipnotic melodies. The rest of the band builds upon. It seems, when blazed, that someone created this music on common "plain." Thought I was crazy till I read that and then saw the pic on this newsletter.....

http://www.toolband.com/news/letter/2002_05.php

I love the plants that were put here and apparently, I am not alone. Can I get an AMEN?!?!?!?!?!?!?

Blue

paraflux
05-01-2003, 12:13 PM
You can get an amen. But the plants are teachers. The point is to be able to access those thoughts and imagination without the NEED for the herbs. Not saying you will never smoke again when you reach this level, but this level is possible to be reached.

EuphoricBlue
05-01-2003, 12:27 PM
Paraflux-

I could not have said it better myself. I try to explain to narrow minded people how temporary experiences can have permanent positive effect. Mushrooms, for example, changed me from an athiest to an open minded spiritual soul, in 1 night....Go figure....Amen to your quote.

Blue

paraflux
05-01-2003, 01:04 PM
Originally posted by EuphoricBlue
Paraflux-

I could not have said it better myself. I try to explain to narrow minded people how temporary experiences can have permanent positive effect. Mushrooms, for example, changed me from an athiest to an open minded spiritual soul, in 1 night....Go figure....Amen to your quote.

Blue

I had a similar experience, just the exact opposite. Make sense? I was a christian-raised 19 year old college student looking for something new. LSD and AEnima made me discover spirituality instead of religion. In one night. So, similar, but opposite.

EuphoricBlue
05-01-2003, 02:43 PM
Originally posted by paraflux
I had a similar experience, just the exact opposite. Make sense? I was a christian-raised 19 year old college student looking for something new. LSD and AEnima made me discover spirituality instead of religion. In one night. So, similar, but opposite.

Actually, I discovered spirituallity instead of religion too. I knew the paths I had been given a choice of were bullshit. I underestimated "it" (mushroom spirit) and was smacked down like no power I've ever felt before. I was simply shown balance. I was in pain (stomach) then I'd be happy with no pain...back and forth. All night was full of examples of equal balance. I didn't know what it was at the time but now it seems I opened the gate to Taoism. It's been 2 years and now Im about to score them consistanly for $100 oz. I will have Lateralus and the new & old Perfect Circle on hand for the occation. Give this a read... This was almost what happedened to me but this guy ate WAYYYY more than I did.

http://www.shroomery.org/index/par/11910

Enjoy....Blue

venusdatura
05-01-2003, 02:51 PM
AMEN!!!!!!!! Paraflux is right the plants are teachers, really if have the right intent once is all it might take to change your entire perspective and course........I try to tell people who aren't willing or I should say who don't want to try herb or shrooms that they can get that experience without that.....oops I think I am just trying to make them feel better so they don't feel like they are missing out on something.....

Start the flaming!

EuphoricBlue
05-01-2003, 03:23 PM
Originally posted by venusdatura
AMEN!!!!!!!! Paraflux is right the plants are teachers, really if have the right intent once is all it might take to change your entire perspective and course........I try to tell people who aren't willing or I should say who don't want to try herb or shrooms that they can get that experience without that.....oops I think I am just trying to make them feel better so they don't feel like they are missing out on something.....

Start the flaming!

It's hard to expalin to people that never want to look beyond the tiny hole in the cavern they live their lives from, what an experience like cannabis or psilocybe is like.
As datura would say....let the flaming begin.

venusdatura
05-02-2003, 01:25 PM
AMEN!! Let the flaming commence!

chemicalprophet
05-31-2003, 07:51 PM
My experience with shrooms was a life saving one. I was an alienated suicidal 15 year old doing anything I could get my hands on. One day what I could get my hands on was an 1/8 of shrooms, and it has changed me forever. Since then I've stopped drinking and snorting speed, stopped obsessing with suicide and found illumination with these wonderful little gifts from god. It's good to try new visionary chemicals and combinations. I've found good results from a combination of a shaman mescaline extraction from San Pedro, shrooms, Salvia Divinorium, and cannabis. Administer the shrooms first, then the mescaline, then smoke the salvia leaves with the pot to speed up the psychedelics. Then just get into meditation and wait for the clear white light.:)

Aureolei
06-25-2003, 02:49 PM
Dunno, I'd say it's pretty narrow minded to need all that in order to see things for what they really are in the first place. I've had my "third eye" open all my life, unlike others who can't comprehend spiritual matters very well on their own. It's a very big and perceptive third eye. I just get it from reading a book and putting it into practce. Of course you probably know what I'm speaking of, the bible.

One thing though, and I want to make this perfectly clear to everyone, dont patronize others who follow a doctrine and immediately think they are dumb and live under a rock. You'd be shocked at how alot of people of different faiths can put a so-called "non-religious spiritual" person in their place on just about anything.

But if I were to go on about my spiritual side, right off the bat people would call me "dogmatic". You're probably already thinking that for all I know. Don't get the impression that I'm forcing anything down your throats though, I'm just giving you my side of the story just as anyone else would.

It sounds corny, but after dwelling on it, I find it to make perfect sense: "religion is man's attempt to reach god (or godly status), the Bible is God's attempt to reach man"

So with that, I agree. I don't need religion.