PDA

View Full Version : A song for meditation

henri_ds
08-03-2006, 09:08 AM
..Reflection is one of them. I don't know if it's because of the repetitiveness of the song, or the introspective lyrics and vocals by Maynard, but it's an amazing song. I didn't like it at first but now I listen to it every day. As I say, I find it good to meditate. Lie down, put your headphones on and listen to this song at high volume. The melodic climax at 8:00 where the "Disposition" theme is used will sound more amazing than ever.

murph83
08-07-2006, 05:57 PM
..Reflection is one of them. I don't know if it's because of the repetitiveness of the song, or the introspective lyrics and vocals by Maynard, but it's an amazing song. I didn't like it at first but now I listen to it every day. As I say, I find it good to meditate. Lie down, put your headphones on and listen to this song at high volume. The melodic climax at 8:00 where the "Disposition" theme is used will sound more amazing than ever.

i totally agree. everything about the song is very hypnotic, the repeative beat, effects, bass and maynards voice combine to create a wonderful, very unique song.

stardragonii
08-14-2006, 10:22 AM
There is a very primal feeling with this song... The drumbline, the dark atmosphere... It's almost like a trip back in time for me...

SpiraMirabilis
08-14-2006, 02:57 PM
The song has the power to slow down time.

Puzzle
08-15-2006, 02:43 AM
"Disposition" theme is used will sound more amazing than ever.

I can't believe that despite I've been listening to this album almost nonstop since it came out, I never realized that melody is from Disposition.

The Tower That Ate People
08-27-2006, 12:45 PM
Such a beautiful song.

I have tried to meditate on this song, but besides the relaxation and intensifying sensation in my body, I don't think I get the full potential this song has to offer. Must be me! I just wish the song were 5-10 minutes longer. Maybe that would do the trick. But until that (which will never happen) I could do some practice to reach a deeper state of meditation, and reaching it faster.

Let me describe some of the sensations I get when meditating on this particular song: It feels something like floating around in air. Like I'm pushed/pulled in certain directions simultanious. Anybody have any clue what that might be?

Sometimes it just feels like I'm close to "something" but not close enough yet.