PDA

View Full Version : Puscifer

OGT from back in the day
08-03-2006, 09:02 AM
I was listening to Part of Me the other day and I just randomly thought of Puscifer's song called "The Undertaker 2".......i dont know why i thought of it but i was just wondering if this has happened to anybody else

IC
08-24-2006, 08:27 PM
lol what?

OGT from back in the day
08-30-2006, 06:36 PM
lol i dont know if what i said is confusing to anybody else but does anybody think that Puscifer and Tool sound similar........thats what i think i was getting at when i said that, i dont know, i forget

Harry
09-09-2006, 12:55 AM
I was listening to Part of Me

"Mmmm...Part"

Harry

OGT from back in the day
09-10-2006, 01:06 PM
"Mmmm...Part"

Harry

ummm are you coming on to me?

Phorty
09-12-2006, 09:35 AM
i thought Puscifer was a one off group used to record the track (REV 22:20) for the underworld soundtrack, i had no idea they were a group as well.

Harry
09-12-2006, 09:58 PM
ummm are you coming on to me?

Yes

flawlessme
09-13-2006, 06:20 AM
lol i dont know if what i said is confusing to anybody else but does anybody think that Puscifer and Tool sound similar........thats what i think i was getting at when i said that, i dont know, i forget

Well, except for the fact that its Maynard on vocals, no, the Puscifer songs sound nothing like tool.

OGT from back in the day
09-13-2006, 06:41 PM
i thought Puscifer was a one off group used to record the track (REV 22:20) for the underworld soundtrack, i had no idea they were a group as well.

they also did 'the undertaker 2'

OGT from back in the day
09-16-2006, 07:39 PM
they have an albums worth of material recorded, which was done at the same time they recorded Rev 20:20. It's a two man project with Maynard and Danny Lohner, and if you ask me, it sucks horribly.

but did anybody ask u if it sucks or not?

Hym
09-17-2006, 01:50 PM
but did anybody ask u if it sucks or not?

I believe this forum is called 'Opinion.'

EulogyCallinMe
09-18-2006, 12:05 PM
oh burn!!!! that was good...
anyway i dont think they sound alike at all really. he does sing in the same key i believe but thats it. oh and besides the singers being the same. but thats it. musically, no, not even close. i think puscifer is aight. they have this sexy kind of groove. its pretty good for what it is. id probably get the cd and see the show just because i could (assuming i had some extra money on hand) otherwise im not traveling far away or anything to see them. not joining any fanclubs or anything like that...although i was under the impression that the puscifer project was kind of put on hold for reasons other than just Tool.

OGT from back in the day
09-20-2006, 06:38 PM
Did anybody ask you whether I give a shit?

Why would anybody ask ME if YOU give a shit? why wouldnt they just ask you? but......Do you give a shit?

Sasha
09-29-2006, 08:24 AM
wrong thread. admins delete plz.

jim39n
10-29-2006, 12:42 AM
nope, doesn't remind me

tbat said, i really dig that song, and i'm really looking forward to see what else maynards got for us on the solo front.

"My name is Maynard James Keenan. Welcome to Puscifer, my creative subconscious. Welcome to the party that goes on in my head 24 hours a day. Welcome to my island of misfit ideas who've found no home with TooL, A Perfect Circle, or Caduceus. Here's the skinny... I'm a Workaholic with a Napoleon Complex, a Wine Lover, a Musician, and all around Paranoid Conspiracy Theorist. So it should come as no surprise that all of these elements would continually try to seep out into some form of catch all "inside" project. And Puscifer is that project. The space where my Id, Ego, and Anima all come together to exchange cookie recipes. This is a space without any hard edges. It's a space with no clear or discernable goals. Check your over inflated expectations at the door. Cuz this is simply a playground for the various voices in my head. Come play with us."

AmyArtist
02-14-2015, 06:33 AM
Lol wtf? Puscifer is a band... still... yeah they totally made that movie...
Maybe you're connecting the two as opiate is the free-est album by tool, no holes barred awesomeness, and puscifer is all about no holes barred?

AmyArtist
02-14-2015, 06:34 AM
Also, yeah, drink some 06 chupacabra while listening to puscifer...