PDA

View Full Version : Viginti Tres and Lateralus

AloneOnceAgain97
08-02-2006, 11:29 AM
Is it just me, or does this sound like it belongs somewhere on Lateralus?

This is my favorite track on 10,000 Days, which says a lot about the album.

I'm not trying to start a flame war or anything here, but 10,000 Days didn't have much meaning. This song, I believe, has some sort of hidden meaning, whether we are ever supposed to understand it or not, so I think it belongs on Lateralus.

EGG-MAN
08-02-2006, 02:10 PM
best track on the album... what are you saying... it sucks.

AloneOnceAgain97
08-02-2006, 02:14 PM
This doesn't belong here, but the album sucks. Viginti Tres is a great segue. And one great segue is all this album has to say for itself.

AloneOnceAgain97
08-03-2006, 10:14 AM
Trust me... I thought the same thing. So I went and got it checked. I thought, "how could Maynard be singing about violence in the media, vampires, kangaroos, and angels?"... Sure enough, the Dr. said it wasn't my hearing, it was just that 10,000 Days sucked ass.

That's a Dr.'s opinion.

selfimportanttoolfan
08-03-2006, 10:16 AM
while 10,000 days is sub-par, don't be a moron and play like any of the annoying ass segues are better than the songs, even if they are mediocre songs.

AloneOnceAgain97
08-03-2006, 03:31 PM
shure, ill due my best two not bee a moreon.

One Dark Flame
08-06-2006, 09:43 PM
shure, ill due my best two not bee a moreon.
Well your spelling is on tap with the best I've ever seen so it has to be your ears.

Gendo_Ikari's_Glasses
08-06-2006, 11:08 PM
He seems to hate the album because of the lyrics... he's obviously not that smart... so yeah just walk away

AloneOnceAgain97
08-07-2006, 11:30 AM
You're obbiously new here Gendo, so I'll give you a break. You might wanna' look into various opinions concerning 10,000 Days before you go being a fucking moron and calling people unintelligent. You won't last long around here with your wannabe macho attitude.

And, uh, Tool Aenima, sarcasm detector didn't go off? I was mocking the person who called me a moron because he/she has the grammar skills of an ape. Did you think I was seriously spelling everything like that? Your ability to reason is on tap with the best I've ever seen.

Caduceus11
08-07-2006, 04:14 PM
easy, killa....easy.
You are allowed to have your opinion, but can you see how coming to the best TOOL boards on the web just to talk schmak is an exercise in futility. None of us who understand and really get what's happened to TOOL want to listen to you nay-sayers. However, we should also learn to check ourselves and not get into a shit-talking match. Who cares if "aloneonceagainblahblahblah" doesn't get it.
You'd think it'd be easy enough for one to pull their head out and give a listen to this cd. I think many of these nay-sayers will regret the day that they were given the message....

AloneOnceAgain97
08-07-2006, 07:53 PM
And I honestly hope so.

I hope this album clicks twice as hard as Lateralus. But seeing as Lateralus clicked instantly and I can't get this one to no matter what, I don't see that happening.

I love Tool and what they've done, trust me. Their stuff means a lot to me. But 10,000 Days just isn't my think. Nor is being called a moron or a "non-fan" for thinking so.

One Dark Flame
08-07-2006, 08:48 PM
You're obbiously new here Gendo, so I'll give you a break. You might wanna' look into various opinions concerning 10,000 Days before you go being a fucking moron and calling people unintelligent. You won't last long around here with your wannabe macho attitude.

And, uh, Tool Aenima, sarcasm detector didn't go off? I was mocking the person who called me a moron because he/she has the grammar skills of an ape. Did you think I was seriously spelling everything like that? Your ability to reason is on tap with the best I've ever seen.
Actually sir it would appear you need a new "sarcasm" detector because I saw you spell everything wrong knew you did to be sarcastic and replied with my own brand of "sarcasm"

Probably feeling like a bit of an ass now huh??

AloneOnceAgain97
08-08-2006, 11:23 AM
Nevermind.

steve99_9
08-08-2006, 11:27 AM
Viginti Tres is a great segue
...its not a segue, it's an outro

AloneOnceAgain97
08-08-2006, 11:36 AM
Appologies, "outro".

One Dark Flame
08-08-2006, 08:30 PM
Nevermind.
Hmmmm... you had to edit a post with only one word. You really must have trouble spelling.

ShadowLine
08-09-2006, 06:12 AM
stop fucking arguing about spelling. viginti tres - italian for "23".
23 has significance with the devil. it is important in numeralogy. theres a line of latin in the middle aswell which i believe to be a summoning (conjuring) of a demon. but im not positive on the latin line tho.

chris
x

Caduceus11
08-09-2006, 06:35 PM
23 is also 1/2 of the 46....

...everything has significance to "the devil"....always with the demons and devils....
is that what's one YOUR mind or on Maynard's as he writes the lyrics. I don't know, and I dare not speculate what Maynard was thinking about at the time of the songs creation. In any case, just keep in mind that its all about what it MEANS to you. If you think its about "the devil" then thats what it is for you.
I don't really think thats it personally. I think its much deeper than that....research....research....

phatfela1
08-09-2006, 09:35 PM
Will someone explain to me what so many people find is so great about this song? Personally, I think it sucks. But i'm starting to think there's something missing. What do you people like about it?

One Dark Flame
08-09-2006, 09:57 PM
stop fucking arguing about spelling. viginti tres - italian for "23".
23 has significance with the devil. it is important in numeralogy. theres a line of latin in the middle aswell which i believe to be a summoning (conjuring) of a demon. but im not positive on the latin line tho.

chris
x
Well, he started it. And actually we can argue about whatever we please it's actually a free Country these days.

Terry21
08-10-2006, 05:08 AM
Why Lateralus? It sounds a lot like (-)ions too.

ShadowLine
08-10-2006, 08:09 AM
Well, he started it. And actually we can argue about whatever we please it's actually a free Country these days.

you think america is free? ha. 'good morning america, you are free to do what we tell you'.

chris
x

ShadowLine
08-10-2006, 08:11 AM
23 is also 1/2 of the 46....

...everything has significance to "the devil"....always with the demons and devils....
is that what's one YOUR mind or on Maynard's as he writes the lyrics. I don't know, and I dare not speculate what Maynard was thinking about at the time of the songs creation. In any case, just keep in mind that its all about what it MEANS to you. If you think its about "the devil" then thats what it is for you.
I don't really think thats it personally. I think its much deeper than that....research....research....

yea i dont believe that to be the case, thats just the numerology side of it, and the verse of latin, which i think but im not 100 percent sure on came from a 'devil' summoning. i use the word devil lightly.

chris
x

solidabyss
08-10-2006, 11:17 AM
Trust me... I thought the same thing. So I went and got it checked. I thought, "how could Maynard be singing about violence in the media, vampires, kangaroos, and angels?"... Sure enough, the Dr. said it wasn't my hearing, it was just that 10,000 Days sucked ass.

That's a Dr.'s opinion.
its called symbolism you ass wipe

solidabyss
08-10-2006, 11:21 AM
in my opinion satan is just a symbol for your true will

agape everyone!

(self(other
08-10-2006, 01:58 PM
And I honestly hope so.

I hope this album clicks twice as hard as Lateralus. But seeing as Lateralus clicked instantly and I can't get this one to no matter what, I don't see that happening.

I love Tool and what they've done, trust me. Their stuff means a lot to me. But 10,000 Days just isn't my think. Nor is being called a moron or a "non-fan" for thinking so.

s'ok man, I really can see why people were let down with 10k days, but I'm not one of them...

and all this "you dont get it" is mad funny.... its like those people that yell "then get out!" if you dont like something about this country

Caduceus11
08-10-2006, 04:20 PM
in my opinion satan is just a symbol for your true will

agape everyone!

Well, the thing about it is this....all this "satan" or "devil" business, is all part of the Christianity thing....to me, if you buy into this part of it, then you buy into all of it. I mean, you can't pick and choose....or uh...divide the religion right into...can you>?

One Dark Flame
08-10-2006, 07:47 PM
you think america is free? ha. 'good morning america, you are free to do what we tell you'.

chris
x
Okay so maybe you're, right but I'm fighting back and will talk about whatever I want. They wont get to me. :()

One Dark Flame
08-10-2006, 07:48 PM
Well, the thing about it is this....all this "satan" or "devil" business, is all part of the Christianity thing....to me, if you buy into this part of it, then you buy into all of it. I mean, you can't pick and choose....or uh...divide the religion right into...can you>?
The whole religion is a fucking joke anyway. So no one should believe that crap.

(self(other
08-11-2006, 09:48 AM

why wouldnt you be able to?

Caduceus11
08-11-2006, 04:43 PM
Because then you are no different than the baptists, or catholics, methodists, whatever. TO me thats what they have all done....just picked their own methods and devices to bend the religion into a shape that pleases themselves....self-servitude again.

AloneOnceAgain97
08-11-2006, 07:05 PM
Hmmmm... you had to edit a post with only one word. You really must have trouble spelling.
I'll just say this: you're a moron; someone decides not to argue with you and you still keep going. And your "we can do what we want! It's a free country!" crap... What are you, 12? lol I remember telling people that in elementary. Don't bother responding to this, you won't get another rise out of me.

its called symbolism you ass wipe
Symbolism is for emo kids, you ass wipe. Good grammer is for big boys.

s'ok man, I really can see why people were let down with 10k days, but I'm not one of them...

and all this "you dont get it" is mad funny.... its like those people that yell "then get out!" if you dont like something about this country
Thank you! All I wanted was for someone to acknowledge that! Finally a intelligent mind graces the forum.

Why Lateralus? It sounds a lot like (-)ions too.
Yeah, I guess. I just think it sounds darker and more mysterious than (-)ions. Dark and mysterious is more Lateralus than Aenima, imo.

(self(other
08-12-2006, 03:18 AM
Because then you are no different than the baptists, or catholics, methodists, whatever. TO me thats what they have all done....just picked their own methods and devices to bend the religion into a shape that pleases themselves....self-servitude again.

The only problem I see with that is then people follow what those have chosen, instead of picking up from where they leave off and warping it some more, or abolishing it completely and starting anew... rinse and repeat

One Dark Flame
08-12-2006, 03:54 PM
I'll just say this: you're a moron; someone decides not to argue with you and you still keep going. And your "we can do what we want! It's a free country!" crap... What are you, 12? lol I remember telling people that in elementary. Don't bother responding to this, you won't get another rise out of me.

I don't believe you have to be a certain age to make any statement. And I couldn't care if I get a rise out of you, it was amusing at first because you made a complete ass out of yourself (Which I would guess you do often) but now if you would like to walk away because you're too stupid to have a disscusion that's fine with me.

AloneOnceAgain97
08-13-2006, 12:44 PM
Too stupid? As soon as you sharpen your grammar skills, I'll gladly converse with you. Until then, I'm not going to waste my time on someone who has the brain of a little kid. You don't even have basic knowledge or run-on sentences.

"I bet you always make an ass out of yourself! HA! Look how cool and collected and macho I am. I win this argument automatically because someone doesn't want to deal with my dumbass."

Oh, and judging by your response to my age comment, your Tool-related username and your ridiculous 10,000 Days quote in your signature, I'll just assume you're quite young. I bet you like Tool because you think it makes you smart, right? Smarter than the other kids at school? You realize that there's a greater purpose to life, right? Anyone who doesn't agree with your opinion is a gay wadd? Perhaps a f a g?

Fuck off.

One Dark Flame
08-13-2006, 08:39 PM
Too stupid? As soon as you sharpen your grammar skills, I'll gladly converse with you. Until then, I'm not going to waste my time on someone who has the brain of a little kid. You don't even have basic knowledge or run-on sentences.

And I'll gladly fix my "grammar" when you learn how to spell one word without having to edit the post.

"I bet you always make an ass out of yourself! HA! Look how cool and collected and macho I am. I win this argument automatically because someone doesn't want to deal with my dumbass."

Oh, and judging by your response to my age comment, your Tool-related username and your ridiculous 10,000 Days quote in your signature, I'll just assume you're quite young. I bet you like Tool because you think it makes you smart, right? Smarter than the other kids at school? You realize that there's a greater purpose to life, right? Anyone who doesn't agree with your opinion is a gay wadd? Perhaps a f a g?

Fuck off.
Actually ass if you like TooL at all you would probably realize that the 11 in my name is a direct reference to the song Jimmy off of you guessed it "Aenima" Again I didn't think you had to be a certain age to chose a lyric for a quote, would you care to tell me what age I must be to have that lyric posted?? And actually if people don't agree with my opinion it's for the better because if they don't I may listen to their opinion and get the facts and better myself through that. See the problem here is not your opinion it's the fact that you chose to broadcast it on a TooL Forum looking for attention and when I simply tried to joke around with you about your post you turned the whole thing around on me. And have continued to make a giant ass out of yourself since that post. But you have stopped responding right?? No. You can't because I presume you probably have some in·ep·ti·tude (I broke that down for you so maybe you can pronounce it) you're dealing with. So read this post walk away look at your mental smallness and reach deep down in yourself and reply back if you will.

And I actually believe it's my duty to explain right now that even though we seem to be having an "internet fight" I do not and will not wish anything bad upon you. Or even hope you get banned from this forum. I have come in contact with some people on this forum who seem to take things a little bit far and before it get's to that point I'm telling you right now I don't wish anything bad on you.

Caduceus11
08-13-2006, 11:33 PM
CHildren, PLEASE! We are trying to talk in here...why don't you guys go play on the seesaw eh>?

REally though, I don't care how old this guy is....who cares. Age is just a number....it doesnt mean you are mature. Some aren't mature well into their 30's some before some after...so please, Mr.Bob Ross, let's not be so bold that just because you are an old fart, that doesn't give you one bit of credability with me....or anyone else who's really thought about it.

One Dark Flame
08-14-2006, 09:05 AM
CHildren, PLEASE! We are trying to talk in here...why don't you guys go play on the seesaw eh>?

REally though, I don't care how old this guy is....who cares. Age is just a number....it doesnt mean you are mature. Some aren't mature well into their 30's some before some after...so please, Mr.Bob Ross, let's not be so bold that just because you are an old fart, that doesn't give you one bit of credability with me....or anyone else who's really thought about it.
Ooohhhh The seesaw if you come and play also I'll go. :()

AloneOnceAgain97
08-14-2006, 03:49 PM
Actually ass if you like TooL at all you would probably realize that the 11 in my name is a direct reference to the song Jimmy off of you guessed it "Aenima" Again I didn't think you had to be a certain age to chose a lyric for a quote, would you care to tell me what age I must be to have that lyric posted?? And actually if people don't agree with my opinion it's for the better because if they don't I may listen to their opinion and get the facts and better myself through that. See the problem here is not your opinion it's the fact that you chose to broadcast it on a TooL Forum looking for attention and when I simply tried to joke around with you about your post you turned the whole thing around on me. And have continued to make a giant ass out of yourself since that post. But you have stopped responding right?? No. You can't because I presume you probably have some in·ep·ti·tude (I broke that down for you so maybe you can pronounce it) you're dealing with. So read this post walk away look at your mental smallness and reach deep down in yourself and reply back if you will.

And I actually believe it's my duty to explain right now that even though we seem to be having an "internet fight" I do not and will not wish anything bad upon you. Or even hope you get banned from this forum. I have come in contact with some people on this forum who seem to take things a little bit far and before it get's to that point I'm telling you right now I don't wish anything bad on you.

Ah, sucked in. Who cares what the 11 is? If I like Tool at all, I will analyze TDN usernames? lol. I'm not saying you have to be a "certain age to have a lyric in your signature", I'm saying it shows you have no idea what these forums are really about; they are not about worshiping Tool or Maynard's unoriginal lyrics, but rather about interacting and debating in what is hopefully a positive way. However, every once in a while (especially in the 10,000 Days subforum) we get someone such as yourself who claims to be a more felicitious Tool fan because they refuse to accept any viewpoint other than "Tool are god". I've been over it many times, and it is really getting old. Putting my opinion up for discussion is hardly "broadcasting it for attention". However, at least in my opinion, responding to my post with something along the lines of, "if you don't like 10,000 Days, your ears are messed up", whether it be a jest or just a joke, IS a little ridiculous. I would have explained that in my "nevermind" post, but I assumed, perhaps wrongly, that you would fail to understand (we'll now see if my intuition was correct). I will take it upon myself to appologize for taking offense to a joke, but this thread was meant to be serious; it wasn't meant to be me bashing 10,000 Days and others flaming me for it.

For the record, I'm harldy an "old fart". But certain actions can often be interperted as being either mature or immature (in this case, plastering your favorite band all over you, immature).

Bob Ross > Tool ;)

One Dark Flame
08-14-2006, 08:58 PM
Ah, sucked in. Who cares what the 11 is? If I like Tool at all, I will analyze TDN usernames? lol. I'm not saying you have to be a "certain age to have a lyric in your signature", I'm saying it shows you have no idea what these forums are really about; they are not about worshiping Tool or Maynard's unoriginal lyrics, but rather about interacting and debating in what is hopefully a positive way. However, every once in a while (especially in the 10,000 Days subforum) we get someone such as yourself who claims to be a more felicitious Tool fan because they refuse to accept any viewpoint other than "Tool are god". I've been over it many times, and it is really getting old. Putting my opinion up for discussion is hardly "broadcasting it for attention". However, at least in my opinion, responding to my post with something along the lines of, "if you don't like 10,000 Days, your ears are messed up", whether it be a jest or just a joke, IS a little ridiculous. I would have explained that in my "nevermind" post, but I assumed, perhaps wrongly, that you would fail to understand (we'll now see if my intuition was correct). I will take it upon myself to appologize for taking offense to a joke, but this thread was meant to be serious; it wasn't meant to be me bashing 10,000 Days and others flaming me for it.

For the record, I'm harldy an "old fart". But certain actions can often be interperted as being either mature or immature (in this case, plastering your favorite band all over you, immature).

Bob Ross > Tool ;)
I'm not saying you should analyze my username actually I'm saying the exact opposite, you seemed to want to bring my username in the discussion and it was completely irrelevant. So I cleared it up for you. And as far as your opinion about the latest album is concerned you have to understand that many on this forum chose to state that they didn't like the album simply to piss everyone else off who did enjoy it. If that's what you set out to do I'll never know, nor do I care but if you have a problem with getting flamed for showing us your opinion you can blame everyone else on this board who has chosen to voice their opinion for attention. It makes everyone else who later voices the same opinion look bad, and again I'm not sure if you set out to get everyone pissed or not but you have to admit when starting this thread you didn't really need to say it was the "best track on the album" all you had to say was that it's your opinion that it would have fit in better with "Lateralus" And when you made that one post and spelled everything wrong I knew you had done it to make a joke of the previous post suggesting you get your ears checked and I turned your joke around and basically made an ass out of myself saying it all looked spelled right. That's my sense of humor and quite frankly it seems several people of this board have that sense of humor and it might do you good to take every post with a grain of sarcasm salt. Because I hardy see people being serious on this board. And as far as you clearly not liking "10,000 Days" as much as the previous albums that's fine I personally found "10,000 Days" to be very good but not as good as "Aenima" or "Lateralus" But when you come in and present yourself in the way you chose, it looks a little like you are looking for attention. I'll admit my "You seem to have some of the best spelling I''ve ever seen" Post was half a joke and half getting tired of people looking for attention. Again though you've said you were not doing this for attention and since I have absolutely no proof that you were I'm inclined to believe that you were really stating your own opinion of the album, but as I said before it just didn't seem to be presented that way. And as far as how old you are I couldn't care less, your age is as relevant as mine. Now weather this was a misunderstanding or not is up in the air but as I see it we both were a little bit to blame for how far this argument has gone. And I believe it can also be fixed so if you would like to state your opinion of the events and do it with a mature attitude you may I will gladly read your post and not insult any spelling and also reply with a very mature attitude. So the floor is now yours.

fnshmetal
08-15-2006, 01:31 PM
For god sakes people why wont you even try to respect others opinions? What make your opinion any more valid then the next persons?

One Dark Flame
08-15-2006, 09:21 PM
For god sakes people why wont you even try to respect others opinions? What make your opinion any more valid then the next persons?
I believe we are moving closer to that point now.

ShadowLine
08-16-2006, 10:04 AM
why dont you stop arguing. and stop trying to snipe little points off each other by trying to write clever remarks, just leave it alone now.

chris
x

One Dark Flame
08-16-2006, 02:40 PM
why dont you stop arguing. and stop trying to snipe little points off each other by trying to write clever remarks, just leave it alone now.

chris
x
If you read my last post you would see that was exactly what I'm trying to do.

Thanks.

ShadowLine
08-16-2006, 05:27 PM
If you read my last post you would see that was exactly what I'm trying to do.

Thanks.

thats good then.

chris
x

One Dark Flame
08-16-2006, 07:54 PM
thats good then.

chris
x
Me Agree.

AloneOnceAgain97
08-17-2006, 09:59 AM
I'm not saying you should analyze my username actually I'm saying the exact opposite, you seemed to want to bring my username in the discussion and it was completely irrelevant. So I cleared it up for you. And as far as your opinion about the latest album is concerned you have to understand that many on this forum chose to state that they didn't like the album simply to piss everyone else off who did enjoy it. If that's what you set out to do I'll never know, nor do I care but if you have a problem with getting flamed for showing us your opinion you can blame everyone else on this board who has chosen to voice their opinion for attention. It makes everyone else who later voices the same opinion look bad, and again I'm not sure if you set out to get everyone pissed or not but you have to admit when starting this thread you didn't really need to say it was the "best track on the album" all you had to say was that it's your opinion that it would have fit in better with "Lateralus" And when you made that one post and spelled everything wrong I knew you had done it to make a joke of the previous post suggesting you get your ears checked and I turned your joke around and basically made an ass out of myself saying it all looked spelled right. That's my sense of humor and quite frankly it seems several people of this board have that sense of humor and it might do you good to take every post with a grain of sarcasm salt. Because I hardy see people being serious on this board. And as far as you clearly not liking "10,000 Days" as much as the previous albums that's fine I personally found "10,000 Days" to be very good but not as good as "Aenima" or "Lateralus" But when you come in and present yourself in the way you chose, it looks a little like you are looking for attention. I'll admit my "You seem to have some of the best spelling I''ve ever seen" Post was half a joke and half getting tired of people looking for attention. Again though you've said you were not doing this for attention and since I have absolutely no proof that you were I'm inclined to believe that you were really stating your own opinion of the album, but as I said before it just didn't seem to be presented that way. And as far as how old you are I couldn't care less, your age is as relevant as mine. Now weather this was a misunderstanding or not is up in the air but as I see it we both were a little bit to blame for how far this argument has gone. And I believe it can also be fixed so if you would like to state your opinion of the events and do it with a mature attitude you may I will gladly read your post and not insult any spelling and also reply with a very mature attitude. So the floor is now yours.
First, I would like to thank you for an already mature post. TDN is notorious for having some of the biggest assholes on the net, so it's rare to come by someone such as yourself willing to accept his/her wrongs. (Normally you will find that once an argument gets started, insults fly until a mod is forced to close the thread.) I now step up to the plate for my wrongs; yes, I took a little bit of an extreme stance on 10,000 Days, yes I brought irrelevant matters into the mix, and yes, I was offended by a joke. I will do my part to try and avoid doing so in the future, whether it be with you, or any other poster.

One Dark Flame
08-17-2006, 08:15 PM
First, I would like to thank you for an already mature post. TDN is notorious for having some of the biggest assholes on the net, so it's rare to come by someone such as yourself willing to accept his/her wrongs. (Normally you will find that once an argument gets started, insults fly until a mod is forced to close the thread.) I now step up to the plate for my wrongs; yes, I took a little bit of an extreme stance on 10,000 Days, yes I brought irrelevant matters into the mix, and yes, I was offended by a joke. I will do my part to try and avoid doing so in the future, whether it be with you, or any other poster.
I will return that and thank you for being quite willing to end this silly dispute. I completely agree that some on here do tend to go very far, that was the reason I told you in that one post I didn't wish anything bad on you. I remember not so long ago someone made a comment about my life wasn't worth saving and I believed that was an extreme for a Internet fight. And as I said before some do use sarcastic comments to express whatever emotion it is they are feeling. And I can clearly understand why my joke got you offended, because some people make those comments to joke some to belittle other users and I understand why you were irritated. But I am very glad we were able to put this bullshit behind us and move forward and in an attempt to further show my regrets for the way I acted I would like very much to get your general opinion of 10,000 Days what you liked and disliked about it.

Thanks again.

AloneOnceAgain97
08-18-2006, 01:45 PM
Well, as many others here, I just don't feel the band put everything they had into 10KD. That's kind of my opinion in a nutshell; I won't go in depth, because it's been beat to death here. If you do want to see it in depth, I'd estimate that about 100 or so posts ago is when I was actively discussing likes/dislikes of 10KD.

One Dark Flame
08-18-2006, 02:16 PM
Well, as many others here, I just don't feel the band put everything they had into 10KD. That's kind of my opinion in a nutshell; I won't go in depth, because it's been beat to death here. If you do want to see it in depth, I'd estimate that about 100 or so posts ago is when I was actively discussing likes/dislikes of 10KD.
I understand, I think a lot of what the problem with 10,000 Days is the fact that the songs are quite long on this album which means less variety and if you don't like the long one's on then the album is kinda hard to get in to. Just my opinion.