PDA

View Full Version : cd cover art... death??

drummerwithapenis
08-01-2006, 06:34 AM
Has anyone figured out the significance of the design of the actual CD??
I think I have... If you go to Alex Grey's website, check out his "Transgressions of the Soul" gallery. There, you'll find a painting called "Dying" where there is a man undoubtedly dying, whose soul is travelling through a "tunnel of eyes" of some sort. The neat thing is that its the same exact design on the 10,000 days CD!
I really don't think this is a coincidence. I think the band deliberately did that to sort of represent the death of Judith Marie... and may also hint at this is the LAST Tool album(gasp!)

check it out here --> http://alexgrey.net/a-gallery/dying.html

lizbiz
08-01-2006, 12:45 PM
Right on, nice find.

Definitely not the last Tool album though.

I hope.

*fingers crossed for another 5 years*

Sasha
08-01-2006, 12:55 PM
Yeah, the CD art is a painting itself, it's called "Collective Vision." I have it on my wall.
http://www.northernsun.com/images/thumb/5035CollectiveVision.jpg

æmoeba•°·.
08-01-2006, 08:41 PM
I could even use that as a referrance the Rosetta Stoned, him lieing on the bed, etc... Nice find as well my friend. Take care.

-Andrew

EuphoricBlue
08-02-2006, 12:24 AM
The Tunnel of Eyes is Heaven Itself as a presence that anyone who opens the crown can enter into the Above as Hermes, Christ and many others taught. I was introduced to the hall of angels and merged with the Tunnel because of Disposition and was one with the Bridal Chamber. Its funny they would make white Tshirts that have there logo but its see through into the tunnel and it happens to be right over you heart...lol. 10,000 days is more mysterious and its taken many looks and listens to really lock onto their new vibe. Its going to be interesting to see what Alex Grey and them are planning for the video for Vicarious and what symbols and images they will choose to illustrate the purpose of that song...hehe!~

carlylecastle
08-05-2006, 09:33 AM
Those eyes look like they are from the Parabola video

Ertai
08-05-2006, 04:30 PM
i doubt it..collective vision has been on tool tshirts since the lateralus days.. and ontop of that they used it as a backdrop to the lateralus tour.. imo, they just liked it enough to reuse it..

to me it symbols infinity.. and the the eyes cant stand from anything from memories to individual people...