PDA

View Full Version : spiral dynamics

cutler
04-30-2003, 10:43 AM
i hate posting to these things because i know that my interpretation of the song is probably way off but here goes. i am in this class called transpersonal psychology where we recently got done studying spiral dynamics. this is a theory that says that all humans operate on a spiral touching each of the memes on that spiral. it is sort of a way to look at how far a culture has come or person has come to becoming self actualized. it sounded very familiar to the song lateralus because of some of the quotes that were in the song. ones that mentioned the spiral or riding something of our divinity but still being a human is what the integral operating system is all about. another interesting quote in the song was the one about over thinking and analyzing seperates the body from the mind. i personal have experienced the beginning aspects of the power of this statement in my meditation practices. i oftne find my mind wondering from thought to thought when i sit. it is only when i let go or sort of give up on the idea of achieving something in meditation when i truely get something out of it. i hope my post is helpful but please dont take it for what the song means. im sure there is much more to it.