PDA

View Full Version : Wings (part I & II) CAn you RELATE?

LRonHubbard
07-29-2006, 07:40 AM
I personally can relate to this song from situations in my past............

1.my dad having 2 strokes , the 2nd severely diabling him...now at 6000 DAYS

2. having a mother who is basically my "angel"...has always been there for me no matter what ..."unconditional love"...

now I know these are not very extreme circumstances , but the song certainly hits home with me....

I was curiuos about anyone else and HOW these 2 songs impact them??

DON IOTAE
07-29-2006, 08:01 AM
Well, ok, I'm going to confess. It's pretty tempting to flame a thread like this. Not that I'm a good flamer or anything, but when some people in this forum see a post like yours, an honest, frank, and direct opinion of your own life with no previous solicitation, well, most posters here tend to flame away. It's like these posts are scary to them or something, for some reason. I'm just thinking out loud here. I only mention all this because it all went through my head... I was thinking of flaming, but I guess there's something better I could reply:

I had a grandmother (on my dad's side) who was, in fact, a religious freak. Maybe freak is too tough a word, but definitely very passionate about the whole thing. She was a seventh day adventist. The way she went to church every Saturday; woke up everyday around 4am to pray; did not work, watch TV, listen to radio, read a book, or do anything, so as to blindly respect the sabbath and what it stood for (God's resting day...); the way she took care of my beyond alcoholic grandpa, who beat her badly years before and was now unable to take care of himself, giving him his daily dose of alcohol or else he would not make it through the day... were all ways she proved her faith in God. There are more examples of her "devotion" I could mention. The point is, she did believe fevereshly in the Sabbath and in the adventists, so much so that when she developed cancer, she did NOT want to go to chemo, because it wasn't a natural curing method (kinda like the prohibition on any Jehova's witness on blood transfusion). She tried curing herself by covering her body in mud... but that didn't work. I'm pretty sure she died in a lot of pain...

The point is that these two songs remind me of her almost always, and how she did, in fact, believe until the end; and how she does, indeed, deserve her wings.

æmoeba•°·.
07-29-2006, 10:28 AM
^Nicely done. You just made me think of a few past occurances that had happened, prior to the topic of death. You thought this well, and I'm glad you take it all into consideration to contemplate how much your grandmother believed in herself and had faith in God throughout.

I haven't anything to relate to until my mother passes away, this due to the only person that really pays attention to me.

-Andrew

PriceisRight
08-05-2006, 01:30 PM
I can relate.

I had an aunt...that fought ovarian cancer (one of the most agressive of the cancers) for 5 years.

Sometimes she was winning, then otheres it was winning. Constants suffering of sickness.

She was an EXTREMEMLY devout christian woman. Very active in the church. Heck..she even co directed local plays through the church. She lived her life ALWAYS as a good, christian woman and even when she was diagnosed with cancer she didn't change.

She united the family, the church, and the community. I have NEVER seen as much of an outporing of sympathy as I did the day of her funeral. It was almost sureal how many people she had touched.

Throughout all that she did and all that she changed, she never bragged. She maintained her humility and kindness.

When I heard this song...she was the person I thought of.

Thats how I can relate.