Pages : [1] 2

swaps
07-26-2006, 01:31 PM
Tool
Wembley Arena, Wembley, England
Monday, November 27, 2006

Saltank
07-26-2006, 03:18 PM
AFAIK the Wembley stadium isn't even finished yet, they're all subject to change :)

michael127
07-27-2006, 03:25 AM
Wembley ARENA - different. Its a shame they're playing such big venues. They were excellent at Hammersmith and Brixton previously. Wembley Arena is possibly the worst venue in london

onethirtyeight
07-27-2006, 04:45 AM
It a new Arena though, which is ALLEDGEDLY better than the previous one, but I find that difficult to believe. It was just a matter of time before we had to deal with seeing them in such enormodomes

he kept her hid away
07-28-2006, 12:26 AM
my thoughts exactly, Hammersmith was a blast, Wembley will just be harder to cope with with regards to me not thinking that Robbie Williams or Westlife played there the night before...

onethirtyeight
07-28-2006, 12:42 AM
I think it's Muse a couple of nights before, and Cliff Richard just before them...hahahahahaha

rufas
07-28-2006, 12:59 AM
Wembley Arena as expected. In the past I have seen Bizkit, Incubus, APC, Deftones, Foo Fighters, and the Beastie Boys there. I will be on the barrier for at least one night ala Deftones/APC. I had a hell of a time in the queue that day meeting so many good people. For the second night i will mingle with the crowd. That was a few years ago. I am looking forward to this. I also intend to go to at least one Dutch date, as i am moving to Bristol, i missed out on Amsterdam tickets last time round, but I'v been meaning to see Rotterdam so there you go.
This news has made my day, i will be thinking of nothing else until my head rests for sleep.

Let the search for a ticket release time commence.

rufas
07-28-2006, 01:02 AM
It a new Arena though, which is ALLEDGEDLY better than the previous one, but I find that difficult to believe. It was just a matter of time before we had to deal with seeing them in such enormodomes

No, it isn't a new arena, it's going to be the same old american style piece of shit. Struggle to get a beer, rip off prices, shitty security, no water, the whole friggin deal. See you down the front.

onethirtyeight
07-28-2006, 01:10 AM
No, it isn't a new arena, it's going to be the same old american style piece of shit. Struggle to get a beer, rip off prices, shitty security, no water, the whole friggin deal. See you down the front.

Are you sure? They had a temporary structure up for over a year they named The Pavillion (which was just an exceptionally elaborate tent), so they could rebuild the arena as part of the whole rejuvination thing.

rufas
07-28-2006, 01:23 AM
Yes, I'm sure, although i could be wrong, it's unlikely ( ! )
The arena is still holding gigs all the time.
They have been doing gigs at "The Pavillion" for quite a while too.

onethirtyeight
07-28-2006, 01:48 AM
The Pavillion has closed now apparently and gigs are back at the Arena. Maybe it was just a refurb. Not that it really matters - it's still going to be gash. The Pavillion was the worst venue I have ever been to though, so at least it's a step up from that. Not that I care. I'd happilly see Tool anywhere.

All I have to do now is not spunk all my cash before the tickets go on sale.

GK666
07-28-2006, 02:09 AM
Tool
Wembley Arena, Wembley, England
Monday and Tuesday, November 27 and 28, 2006

Note: Second date subject to change.

How sure are you of this info?

jonny_boy34
07-28-2006, 02:16 AM
How sure are you of this info?

It's on the tour dates page on the official site!

GK666
07-28-2006, 02:20 AM
It's on the tour dates page on the official site!

Yeah sorry about that - just checked.

GK666
07-28-2006, 02:43 AM
The whole new arena thing I think refers to the entrance hall which has just been tarted up a bit.... Looks great. Shame they didn't do anything inside the arena.
It'll be a new experience for us UK fans seeing them in such a big venue - who knows, they may even bring those massive pieces of Alex Grey art along with them.

onethirtyeight
07-28-2006, 03:21 AM
Is that it? That's a bit cack. Oh well.

I would be a little dissapointed if they didn't up the production on this tour. We've been really lucky in the UK getting to see them in smaller venues than our American chums, but I have to admit mild jealousy at the missing out on the more elaborate visual experience of their last US arena tour. Not HUGE jealousy as given the choice I'd take a 4,000 capacity venue over a 10,000 capacity any day of the week, but mild jealousy all the same.

channelzero
07-28-2006, 04:43 AM
Wembley ARENA - different. Its a shame they're playing such big venues. They were excellent at Hammersmith and Brixton previously. Wembley Arena is possibly the worst venue in london

Argh! yeah - the security at Wembley does indeed suck. and the no water/beer in the arena situation is too strict also. Damn - i had everything crossed for Brixton.

No doubt the production/stage set up will be on a bigger scale than Hammersmith though. Anyone know WHEN the tickets actually go on sale?

oohbaby
07-28-2006, 05:56 AM
Anyone know WHEN the tickets actually go on sale?

yeah I would really like to know the answer to that question as well. does anyone have any idea???

why is it that they choose to be fucking awkward and never post details of when/where the tickets are going on sale on toolband? it really pisses me off.
I lost out on getting tickets for the dates a few months back because of that.

onethirtyeight
07-28-2006, 06:11 AM
Last time round, the dates were up about 3 weeks before the tickets went on sale - which was driving me crazy. Someone on Toolarmy posted a presale link for the Hammersmith shows which is how I got my first night tickets, and then they went on sale that Friday. The second night went on sale at lunchtime the same day. So I predict 2 weeks today.

I just wish they'd tell us though. I have put a bunch of cash aside to pay for it, but I am skint otherwise and if its going to be after payday then I could have a bit of a better month. Oh well...

ktdude
07-28-2006, 06:22 AM
I was thinkibng it would probably be next Friday - just because they only announced the Dublin date last week and that went on sale today.

channelzero
07-28-2006, 06:50 AM
I was thinkibng it would probably be next Friday - just because they only announced the Dublin date last week and that went on sale today.

I always check www.ticketmaster.co.uk first - even though i dont like them they're usually updated regularly.
also keep in mind its wembley and wont sell out as quick due to capacity.

I'm checking daily so if i hear i'll post a.s.a.p.

www.myspace.com/channelzerose4

rufas
07-28-2006, 12:12 PM
also keep in mind its wembley and wont sell out as quick due to capacity.

Er, do you want to take a bet on that ? !!!

martyr
07-28-2006, 03:36 PM
i love tool

he kept her hid away
07-30-2006, 11:17 AM
well it looks like tool are not playing at Wembley now, the dates have been pulled from the official sites tour page...

theescapedslave
07-30-2006, 11:17 PM
I imagine those dates are still TBC or else (fingers crossed) they are gonna play Brixton or Hammersmith again.....(Koko would be a dream come true but that'll never happen).

mrbungle_
07-30-2006, 11:30 PM
Hello,

I'm Ricardo from Spain. We are planning a trip to london to see Tool (and of course, London!!). We found that the London dates were deleted from the official site. By the way, where we can buy the tickets to this show (in case that these dates are still To Be Confirmed)??

www.ticketline.co.uk/? www.ticketmaster.co.uk/?

Thanks in advance
Regards

PD: It's good to see Tool 6 times in a year!!!

onethirtyeight
07-31-2006, 12:22 AM
They did the same thing last time too...the dates were up...then they came down until tickets went on sale.

ktdude
07-31-2006, 01:49 AM
Man it would be sweet if they changed their minds and did Brixton or Hammersmith instead. We can dream. They'll be up again soon people, panic not.

tiryth
07-31-2006, 03:43 AM
how come the 27th and 28th have disappeared off the Tool site?

ktdude
07-31-2006, 05:20 AM
It will just be to do with sorting out contracts etc... was the same with the Hammersmith dates in June, they will be back up just as soon as they've confirmed officially with Wembley... or decided to scrap that plan and play the Camden Barfly instead. :o)

tiryth
07-31-2006, 05:37 AM
i wanna go, saw them in Brixton last time, got my camera (stills not video) confiscated and ended up in the little backroom thing right behind the stage - shame i couldnt see but MAN that was LOUD!!!

may go to the Cardiff one this year if thats still on as 27th November is my daughter's 1st birthday!

ktdude
07-31-2006, 07:17 AM
That's harsh, missing the gig - but yeah, would've been fucking loud!! How cool would your daughter be, celebrating her first year of life at a Tool gig!! :o)

twitch1979
07-31-2006, 12:10 PM
Hi Guys

Pre sale from from Wensday 9am here

..Exclusive presale through gigsandtours, starts 9am Wednesday 2nd August using the following link: http://www.gigsandtours.com/?link=tool&site=tool. Tickets are then on general sale from 9am Friday 4th August:
MANCHESTER MEN - Fri 24 November
LONDON Wembley Arena - Mon 27 November
CARDIFF International Arena - Thurs 30 November
NOTTINGHAM Ice Arena - Fri 1 December

oohbaby
07-31-2006, 02:49 PM
thanks mate you are a legend. :)

rufas
07-31-2006, 11:54 PM
A proper legend. Hopefully it won't be all rushed and shit. Thank you very much, you have good Karma from me. X

TheInsideSource
08-01-2006, 12:56 AM
Gigs&Tours... Oh man, that's me screwed, they don't accept Visa Electron.

ktdude
08-01-2006, 01:07 AM
Is that definitely true? If so AWESOME!! Bring it on. Why not Ticketmaster though? I have never used Gigs and Tours, are they a pretty reputable company does anyone know? Also - where's Glasgow on that list?

TheInsideSource
08-01-2006, 01:11 AM
Yeah, Gigs&Tours are pretty good, apart from the fact that they don't accept Visa Electron, so I'm screwed, anyone want to buy a ticket for me?

Sir Omo
08-01-2006, 01:38 AM
Thanks for the link, it's much appreciated. I hope to get tickets for Manchester & Nottingham.

Soundjunkie
08-01-2006, 02:24 AM
Hi, i will be in the UK from the 24th of november till mid december and i plan to see tool while i am there. i am from australia and would like any help i can get in relation to securing 2 tickets for any of the UK shows.

ktdude
08-01-2006, 02:55 AM
Hey dude I'm happy to help you if I can. Do you have a PayPal account or anything? We could organise it that way. It shouldn't be too hard. I'm sure you can order tickets online from abroard anyway so you could just try direct, but PM me anyway if you want some help or anything. :o)

rufas
08-01-2006, 03:40 AM
Hi, i will be in the UK from the 24th of november till mid december and i plan to see tool while i am there. i am from australia and would like any help i can get in relation to securing 2 tickets for any of the UK shows.

I would suggest . . . . . . buying some when they come out. In the age of the internet, anyone will take your electronic money. Including gigs and tours.

You could always wait, and go down on the night . . There will definitly be touts.

Soundjunkie
08-01-2006, 03:44 AM
will the tickets be available on tickmaster or some other website. buying online isnt a problem, i just have no real clue where to begin with the uk. also things like receiving the tickets after paying for them. i no people in the UK so i guess going through them could also be an option.

TJP
08-01-2006, 09:33 AM
Hi Guys

..Exclusive presale through gigsandtours, starts 9am Wednesday 2nd August using the following link: http://www.gigsandtours.com/?link=tool&site=tool. Tickets are then on general sale from 9am Friday 4th August:
NOTTINGHAM Ice Arena - Fri 1 Decemberwhere did you get this info from??? cause i phoned the gigsandtours number and spoke to someone who said there is NO presale

twitch1979
08-01-2006, 11:50 AM
where did you get this info from??? cause i phoned the gigsandtours number and spoke to someone who said there is NO presale

Hi

I got it from the see tickets email list. It doesn’t surprise me that when you rang them they told you there was no pre sale as they are as useless as tits on a bull and couldn’t organise a piss up in a pub !

Just log on tomorrow at 9am and your wont be disappointed. Take it form someone who has seen Tool 36 times.

Jamie

TJP
08-01-2006, 01:28 PM
Hi

I got it from the see tickets email list. It doesn’t surprise me that when you rang them they told you there was no pre sale as they are as useless as tits on a bull and couldn’t organise a piss up in a pub !

Just log on tomorrow at 9am and your wont be disappointed. Take it form someone who has seen Tool 36 times.

Jamie
Nice one thanks dude oh yeah and where do i go tomorrow to look at pre sales on here?

twitch1979
08-01-2006, 11:45 PM
Ticket Master are aslo offering a presale here

http://www.ticketmaster.co.uk/pre_sale/1575.html?camefrom=CFC_UKAFF_CCE_RUSH

ktdude
08-01-2006, 11:58 PM
Can I ask, does anyone know why on the Ticketmaster presale they are showing seated for some shows and standing for others? Does this mean there won't be any standing tickets or is it just a selection?

Convectuoso
08-02-2006, 12:01 AM
Just go with the gigs and tours link

I've got 4 for Manchester and 2 for Notts all standing

TheInsideSource
08-02-2006, 12:04 AM
Excellent, just ordered my Wembley Arena standing ticket!!! Really hope they add a second Wembley date as well, I suppose it depends how well this one sells out.

jade_monkey
08-02-2006, 12:04 AM
http://www.seetickets.com/sjmmaj/index.asp?link=tool&site=tool

ktdude
08-02-2006, 12:06 AM
YES!! Just got 2 tickets for Wembley and Nottingham. Really wanna go to Glasgow as well but they're only selling seated tickets and I DON't want to sit!!

merkabalus
08-02-2006, 12:09 AM
Hi Guys

NOTTINGHAM Ice Arena - Fri 1 December

Thank you very very much :D Tool show number 3 here I come at Nottingham!

Also, here's a ticketmaster link: http://www.ticketmaster.co.uk/pre_sale/1575.html?camefrom=CFC_UKAFF_CCE_RUSH

flagellate
08-02-2006, 12:24 AM
Wembley box office are selling tickets to you if you call them up http://www.livenation.co.uk/venues/venue.aspx?vrid=1065&&shortcut=wembley

It took a while and they couldn't get the tickets up on the system for a bit, but then they sorted it out and I have mine all booked.....

flagellate
08-02-2006, 12:25 AM
Oh, and they said there was no gig on the 28th. Only the one night

ktdude
08-02-2006, 12:31 AM
Oh, and they said there was no gig on the 28th. Only the one night

No way, shit!! I was going to come down for both. Maybe they just won't be told whether or not there's another one until Tool know how the sales are going and decide...

assailing eyes
08-02-2006, 12:39 AM
wait for the 2nd gig to come up. it will, they did this with the hammersmith dates at first too. it'll appear over the next few days.

nirajp
08-02-2006, 12:39 AM
No way, shit!! I was going to come down for both. Maybe they just won't be told whether or not there's another one until Tool know how the sales are going and decide...

That's probably it, since Wembley is a 10,000+ venue compared to the smaller Hammersmith/Brixton gigs they usually do.

assailing eyes
08-02-2006, 12:40 AM
YES!! Just got 2 tickets for Wembley and Nottingham. Really wanna go to Glasgow as well but they're only selling seated tickets and I DON't want to sit!!
trust, sitting is fucking awesome. dont knock till you've tried both.

rufas
08-02-2006, 12:46 AM
/\
I don't know about that. And I have tried both - at wembley.
Wicked, well, tickets sorted, with a second night pending.

Soundjunkie
08-02-2006, 12:53 AM
considering im in australia and wont be leaving till november to go to the UK what is the best plan of action for me. should i use ticketmaster or gigsandtours and is it possible to have the tickets sent to australia or will i have to contact some one in UK to pickup/purchase for me.

TJP
08-02-2006, 12:55 AM
will ticketmaster be selling standing tickets on friday for the uk dates???

assailing eyes
08-02-2006, 01:00 AM
/\
I don't know about that. And I have tried both - at wembley.
Wicked, well, tickets sorted, with a second night pending.
yeah im sitting at cardiff, standing at wembley. im thinking when the second night for wembley comes up, i'll sit then. but i dunno what the seating plans for wembley are like.

nirajp
08-02-2006, 01:11 AM
considering im in australia and wont be leaving till november to go to the UK what is the best plan of action for me. should i use ticketmaster or gigsandtours and is it possible to have the tickets sent to australia or will i have to contact some one in UK to pickup/purchase for me.

Ticketmaster was £2 cheaper for me, so go for that one.

Um both of them ask for Postcodes so I think they deliver to UK only.
Contacting someone you know in the UK would be cheaper than international delivery anyway (£5 for national ticket delivery is crazy)

TJP
08-02-2006, 01:18 AM
can you only get pre sales tickets online or can you phone up aswell????
anyone........

ktdude
08-02-2006, 01:19 AM
trust, sitting is fucking awesome. dont knock till you've tried both.

I would consider it if it was Hammersmith or Brixton maybe, but Wembley is so fucking huge and sterile, I have sat there before and you feel so distant. Although I can understand why it might work for a Tool gig, but I just like to be as close as I can.

assailing eyes
08-02-2006, 01:22 AM
can you only get pre sales tickets online or can you phone up aswell????
anyone........

you can phone the box offices, yeah.

assailing eyes
08-02-2006, 01:24 AM
I would consider it if it was Hammersmith or Brixton maybe, but Wembley is so fucking huge and sterile, I have sat there before and you feel so distant. Although I can understand why it might work for a Tool gig, but I just like to be as close as I can.
totally fair enough, im standing for wembley, its just id rather be really far away and sitting, than at the back of the standing section getting mauled up by hefty blokes and not being able to see. i plan to get to the front though like i did at hammersmith.

TJP
08-02-2006, 01:24 AM
you can phone the box offices, yeah.
Thanks

rufas
08-02-2006, 01:26 AM
One one of the occasions i was sat for Incubus, as a kid, my freind and I had smoked so much solids that he turned to me mid-set and goes
"Shit man, I was honestly going to ask you to pass me the remote control then"
True Story.

ktdude
08-02-2006, 02:07 AM
One one of the occasions i was sat for Incubus, as a kid, my freind and I had smoked so much solids that he turned to me mid-set and goes
"Shit man, I was honestly going to ask you to pass me the remote control then"
True Story.

LOL. That's a good one!

twitch1979
08-02-2006, 02:16 AM
Can I ask, does anyone know why on the Ticketmaster presale they are showing seated for some shows and standing for others? Does this mean there won't be any standing tickets or is it just a selection?

It seem the seetickets presale has seats and standing as where the ticketmaster presale has seats only for some shows and standing only for some shows.

Peasy
08-02-2006, 02:42 AM
http://www.ticketmaster.co.uk/event/22003D01DB8CC89C?affiliate=POPE&camefrom=CFC_UKAFF_POPE_POPEX&m3_data=ej01Njl8cD0xMXxhPTIxNjM

Hello, here is the presale link for the Wembley date. Tickets are £30 plus the usual fees. Presale is from today until they go on general sale on Friday.

Thank you one and all.

Soundjunkie
08-02-2006, 03:07 AM
ok, purchased 2 seated tickets for wembley, how long does it take to be sent if im in australia. i noticed on ticketmaster they state that the tickets will arrive no later then 48 hours before the event. the problem is i will already be in the UK 48 hours prior to the event.

ktdude
08-02-2006, 03:20 AM
You should probably phone them directly, quote your ticket reference and ask for advice. They may advise you to have them sent to an address in the UK or something, or they may say it's fine. My Hammersmith tickets turned up about a month before the gig or more even, and that was Ticketmaster. But sometimes it can be cutting it a little fine...

Soundjunkie
08-02-2006, 03:55 AM
do you have the international number for ticketmaster, i had trouble finding any real contact details on the website, i will be leaving on the 19th of november.

otto77
08-02-2006, 06:54 AM
Here's a couple of non 0870 numbers that you can try:

0161 3853500

and

0161 3853211

You'll have to add whatever you dial from AUS for a UK number.

Alternatively, maybe Ticketmaster Australia could advise you as to what number to call?

TheGrudge101
08-02-2006, 12:24 PM
This presale works now - have already ordered tickets!

http://www.livenation.co.uk/events/event_info.aspx?rid=174114&&shortcut=Tool2

Chai_nese
08-03-2006, 01:15 AM
This presale works now - have already ordered tickets!

http://www.livenation.co.uk/events/event_info.aspx?rid=174114&&shortcut=Tool2

Got mine!!!!!!!

The one from seetickets (link posted further back on this thread) are cheaper by about 2 or 3 quid.

Every little helps :)

nirajp
08-03-2006, 01:17 AM
WTF? Anyone checked both ticketmaster or gigsandtours.com again .. the face value prices have dropped to £28.50. It's only £1.50 but I sympathise with anyone who bought in bulk...

ktdude
08-03-2006, 01:25 AM
Really? That sucks. Well, I only bought 2 but when you've bought tickets to 4 gigs already and your credit card's maxed out even a couple of quid saving would have been nice. Ah well, never mind.

dacbo
08-03-2006, 01:55 AM
i just rang wayahead and they said that the only thing they could do about the tickets is refund what I already purchased and then I could buy them again at the new price

would be a saving of 3.80

dont think I'll risk it

nirajp
08-03-2006, 07:32 AM
Ticketmaster has just cleared the shipping costs for both my orders! Problem solved hehe.

4degreesnorth
08-04-2006, 03:03 AM
got mine with livenation yesterday sitting in block n3 this leg of the tour should be a longer set than the hammersmith ones , lets hope.

Aemima
08-05-2006, 03:30 AM
I'm in block n5, a MUCH better seat then last time I was at Wembley.

I'm realistically expecting a 2hr set this time, hopefully there'll be no support again though.

nirajp
08-05-2006, 04:03 AM
I've got block N6, Row D (56/57) .. Can anyone tell me if they are good seats or should I exchange them because I've never been to Wembley Arena before.

Soundjunkie
08-05-2006, 05:14 AM
I am N6, Row E, judging from the seating map I saw, n6 is a great position. It’s to the right of the stage and is basically the closest seating.

Aemima
08-05-2006, 06:56 AM
http://www.stargreen.com/images/venue/1.gif

Wish I had managed to get N6, but alas, it's still gonna be a pretty good view from there, pretty close.

otto77
08-07-2006, 12:41 AM
I've got block N6, Row D (56/57) .. Can anyone tell me if they are good seats or should I exchange them because I've never been to Wembley Arena before.

This is a great site site which describes where the best seats are for London venues:

http://www.theatremonkey.com/

Saltank
08-07-2006, 10:01 AM
Also N6 here. What's this "WHITEROOM CARDHOLDER ALLOCATION OFFER" on Ticketmaster?

I bought mine in pre-sale almost immediately after receiving a newsletter from some site which I can't recall the name of at the moment.

bebubly
08-07-2006, 04:02 PM
i just booked my two standing tickets so i am damn excited.

ktdude
08-08-2006, 01:08 AM
What do people think about this date selling out? Do you think it will? I really hope so, I'm coming down to London from Newcastle and want them to add the second date to make it worth my while. Not that it won't be, but you know, value for money and all that. None of the dates have sold out yet... are they big enough to sell out these big venues? I would have thought so.... but won't it be a bummer if they don't, and we could have seen them at Brixton all along....

the badical
08-08-2006, 05:14 AM
i dont think they'll sell out so fast - you could still get tickets for the second hammersmith date for quite a while after they went on sale and wembley is much larger than 2 dates at the apollo.

sinister exaggerator
08-09-2006, 03:12 AM
What do people think about this date selling out? Do you think it will? I really hope so, I'm coming down to London from Newcastle and want them to add the second date to make it worth my while. Not that it won't be, but you know, value for money and all that. None of the dates have sold out yet... are they big enough to sell out these big venues? I would have thought so.... but won't it be a bummer if they don't, and we could have seen them at Brixton all along....

it is just s shame that everyone in newcastle listens to shit or they might come up here and play

theescapedslave
08-09-2006, 03:44 AM
it is just s shame that everyone in newcastle listens to shit or they might come up here and play

Everyone in England listens to shit even if they think it is credible music.......ala The Kooks....or (mama please hold me tell me everything is gonna be OK) Lily Allen....mainstream ass masquerading as alternative music.

Also, on topic, I noticed the Wembley date/s are still not showing on toolband.com.

ktdude
08-09-2006, 04:17 AM
it is just s shame that everyone in newcastle listens to shit or they might come up here and play.

Too right. The scene up here is pretty damn poor. There's an arena for crying out loud, surely they would go for here over Cardiff? No? Shit the bed.

Everyone in England listens to shit even if they think it is credible music.......ala The Kooks....or (mama please hold me tell me everything is gonna be OK) Lily Allen....mainstream ass masquerading as alternative music.

Also, on topic, I noticed the Wembley date/s are still not showing on toolband.com.

Yeah, the music scene right now makes me want to stab blunt instruments into my ears. Christ it sucks. That is all. Do you know how hard I have to work to get Tool even played in a club on the offchance that I actually go to one (given up because off the toss they usually play).

Wmebley dates will be up soon enough, it will just be management quibbles or something. No worries. We want two, we want two!

TheInsideSource
08-09-2006, 04:22 AM
Why oh why, did TOOL have to play Wembley Arena?

Brixton or Hammersmith would have been so much better. Personally, I don't think there will be a second Wembley date because there is no way they are going to sell out the 27th.

michael127
08-10-2006, 04:31 AM
Do you think enough hasseling of the band and Blair will persuade them to reduce down to two nights at Brixton or even better....four nights at Koko!!! I'll be very surprised if there is a second date. they'll be lucky to sell out the first night and they need at least a half to two thirds of the second night sold to make it worth their while. Maybe Brixton of hammersmith for the second night

theescapedslave
08-10-2006, 06:57 AM
Do you think enough hasseling of the band and Blair will persuade them to reduce down to two nights at Brixton or even better....four nights at Koko!!! I'll be very surprised if there is a second date. they'll be lucky to sell out the first night and they need at least a half to two thirds of the second night sold to make it worth their while. Maybe Brixton of hammersmith for the second night

Koko....would be the mother of all venues.....with all the red walls and shit...I'd definitely go for a spot on the first floor rail.

Budvegas
08-10-2006, 11:31 AM
I agree with you lot wembley arena is a naff venue. But I don;t care if i get to see the mighty TOOL again

Chai_nese
08-10-2006, 05:43 PM
I agree with you lot wembley arena is a naff venue. But I don;t care if i get to see the mighty TOOL again

Yeah exactly. Won't be the same atmosphere as Hammersmith but what two gigs ever really have the excat same atmosphere? I reckon it's going to be epic. Got standing tickets so its not like I'll have to worry about being sat ages away or anything anyhow.

Man, I don't get why you'd want to stay sat down for two hours when you have TOOL infront of you.

ktdude
08-11-2006, 12:42 AM
Went on Ticketmaster this morning and it looks like Wembley tickets may have sold out... or the standing ones at least... could another date be on the horizon? Sold out quicker than I thought it would like....

onethirtyeight
08-11-2006, 01:08 AM
http://www.seetickets.com/see/price.asp?code=203166&userid=82192416&filler1=see

Standing still available

theescapedslave
08-11-2006, 01:12 AM
Went on Ticketmaster this morning and it looks like Wembley tickets may have sold out... or the standing ones at least... could another date be on the horizon? Sold out quicker than I thought it would like....

If they do a second date they should go for a smaller venue as I doubt they can sell out Wembley twice. Probably Hammersmith or Brixton I guess, Koko would be a dream. Maybe the Vauxhall Tavern.

ktdude
08-11-2006, 02:16 AM
Camden Barfly gets my vote. Come on!!

rufas
08-11-2006, 04:45 AM
They are playing Wembley because that is how they have naturally evolved. They have already played Brixton and Hammersmith, quite a few times. Completley expected. Be greatful that we arn't in America and at least we have standing.

Chai_nese
08-12-2006, 11:16 AM
Too right. Can't have expected them to play the same venues over and over again forever. I'm really excited about seeing how they play this venue. Should be a good one

ktdude
08-15-2006, 01:36 AM
Looks like it might be nearly sold out now - checked both Ticketmaster and Gigs and Tours this morning, Ticketmaster is completely sold out and G&T only has a few seated tickets left. I think we may be getting a second date soon... fingers crossed!!

dacbo
08-15-2006, 05:08 AM
thats good news :)

tool deserve a second date - even if i'm going to cardiff

4degreesnorth
08-15-2006, 06:12 AM
we know now that there will be a different set list (hopefully longer) and different stage set from the first batch of shows according to the official web site, to suit the larger scale venues like wembley

ktdude
08-15-2006, 06:21 AM
I was pleased to read that - on TA Blair said that they will be doing some things they've never done before. I will be excitedly speculating until the time. Wish I had the willpower not to look at setlists but I don't know if I can stop myself.

ntto
08-16-2006, 06:14 AM
Hey, looking just 1 standing ticket for the gig in London on 27th Nov. PM me if anybody has any

ktdude
08-17-2006, 06:25 AM
Where can we go drinking after the gig? I'd be up for going into central London but it's a Monday, can't imagine many good late night rock clubs will be happening... any thoughts people, good pubs with late licenses on Mondays?

theescapedslave
08-17-2006, 06:49 AM
Where can we go drinking after the gig? I'd be up for going into central London but it's a Monday, can't imagine many good late night rock clubs will be happening... any thoughts people, good pubs with late licenses on Mondays?

London is pretty much a 24-7 city with regards to nightlife....I'd recommend getting the Guardian on Saturday before the concert, as it has a guide thingy with pretty much everything happening in the city for the week. Or else scour the interweb.

Unfortunately the Wembley area is a dive....unless you consider knife crime a fun activity to partake in.

rufas
08-21-2006, 08:28 AM
Unfortunately the Wembley area is a dive....unless you consider knife crime a fun activity to partake in.

True.

Try http://www.ents24.com - it's the best listings site on planet earth and will have loads showing for that night. I'd imagine the best idea would be a quick tube into central london.

ktdude
08-22-2006, 07:50 AM
yeah sounds like a plan... just wanna find a rock pub or something, I know plenty of decent pubs in London but ones that (a) play rock music and (b) will have a late license on a Monday... need to find 'em. I'll check out that site, thanks.

michael127
08-24-2006, 04:05 AM
Doesnt look like we're going to get that 2nd date. There are still seating tickets for the first one and there has to be enough demand (probably enough to fill two thirds of the arena) before they'll even release tickets for the second date. I think a bombardment of emails to Blair asking the band to play hammersmith or Brixton on the 2nd night is required. wat do you think?

Spike
08-28-2006, 04:07 PM
Is Isis going to be supporting on the international leg? That might make me want to come out for this one, because while I hate Wembley and have seen Tool and Isis this year in smaller venues, the two on one bill may be too good to miss...

assailing eyes
08-30-2006, 07:24 AM
christ i want this second date.

michael127
08-31-2006, 03:12 AM
pretty much no chance we'll get it - well not at wembley, still tickets available. Real shame

if it is just one date i hope they increase the set list. 11-12 songs???? they were doing that when they had only released 2 albums. Tool should be playing 2 - 2.5 hours now, no doubt about it....

Arctangent
08-31-2006, 03:43 AM
even though they have started playing arenas in the states they are still playing the same setlist that they have for the entire tour so far. i hope it is extended by the time it reaches europe. i really hope they bring isis over with them too as i have not had a chance to see them live yet.

rufas
09-01-2006, 02:54 AM
Tool should be playing 2 - 2.5 hours now, no doubt about it....

I'd like to see YOU play for 2.5 hours every night for sixth months straight

No, wait a minute . . . .I wouldn't.

junkie
09-01-2006, 05:11 PM
sorry if i misunderstood something somewhere down the line but i thought blair said tool were changing their set list for the arena tour?

merkabalus
09-03-2006, 04:39 AM
I was just about to post the same thing...

Anyone else at all disappointed by how similar the current setlists are to the one we saw a few months back? :(

phunt
09-03-2006, 07:25 AM
Anyone else at all disappointed by how similar the current setlists are to the one we saw a few months back? :(

I would very happily pay 30 quid to see the Hammersmith show again. Obviously it would be ideal if they threw in a couple of extra long tracks in there, but if they dont, thats cool with me.

merkabalus
09-03-2006, 11:54 AM
I would very happily pay 30 quid to see the Hammersmith show again. Obviously it would be ideal if they threw in a couple of extra long tracks in there, but if they dont, thats cool with me.

See I've already seen the Hammersmith show twice ;)

rufas
09-04-2006, 03:24 AM
See I've already seen the Hammersmith show twice ;)

So have I, and I wouldn't be dissapointed if i saw the exact same setlist. As long as they play Lateralus, I'm happy.

And to all those complaining they havn't changed their set list yet; you do realise they havn't even hit europe yet ? They're playing places like Vancouver who havn't seen a Tool show in years. I'm pretty sure when it comes to these shores, the set list will change.

ktdude
09-04-2006, 03:37 AM
That's a good point. I don't mind either, fuck it, it's TOOL!!! I will love any and every song they play, and I'm seeing them 4 times on this tour.

michael127
09-04-2006, 03:41 AM
just disappointed we're only gonna get one night

ktdude
09-04-2006, 06:12 AM
Me too... man I wish I was right so I could just buy all the rest of the tickets and sell it out so they'd put another one on. At Brixton or wherever. Fuck it I'm gonna email Blair.

goatboystrikesback
09-08-2006, 04:42 AM
They're playing wings + 10,000 days! Thank you, Jesus. Thank God. Thank Buddha. Thank Mohammed. Thank Krishna. Thank Xenu. Thank Ra. Thank Zeus. Thank every God under the sun.

ktdude
09-08-2006, 05:11 PM
Let's just hope it's still in when they get here... sounds like it was unbelievable

lemonlateralus
09-15-2006, 04:18 PM
god i cant wait,so far got 2 tickets next 2 vip blocks...so right next to stage.
Please let them play wings:P

michael127
09-18-2006, 03:20 AM
Anyone email Blair about the 2nd date? I havent got a response so far but i doubt we'll get one, still tickets for the first date

ktdude
09-18-2006, 12:08 PM
yeah I emailed as well but haven't had a response either... no surprises there I guess... I'm thinking we're outta luck. dammit.

fdsajklabc
09-19-2006, 06:09 AM
Can anyone tell me if/where/when they went on sale? The Internet seems full of crap when I search. Hope I haven't missed available standing tickets.

4degreesnorth
09-20-2006, 04:41 AM
mate try ticketmaster your best bet but i think all standing tickets sold according to them

Hym
09-20-2006, 09:09 AM
By the looks of things, seating gives a better experience anyway.

duncang
09-30-2006, 08:47 AM
I want to see them in seats, but Wembley Arena is horrible for seating. It just goes back, and back and back. If all was available was the back 10 rows I wouldn't even go.

4degreesnorth
10-03-2006, 04:03 AM
looks like were getting mastodon for support band

ktdude
10-03-2006, 05:26 AM
yeah... disappointed about this, would have much preferred to see Isis

martyr
10-04-2006, 05:09 AM
mastodon ahs touches of isis to it, very good band, may even show up tool

ktdude
10-05-2006, 01:43 AM
mastodon ahs touches of isis to it, very good band, may even show up tool
hmm, I think not

martyr
10-05-2006, 04:46 AM
meh, anyhoo ill see you at glasgow, where you situated in the secc?

ktdude
10-06-2006, 01:12 AM
meh, anyhoo ill see you at glasgow, where you situated in the secc?
standing, so it's anyone's guess... I will probably park myself somewhere in front of Justin, as far forward as I can be arsed to squish. are you seated?

Aemima
10-06-2006, 12:07 PM
Has anyone who ordered from Seetickets got their ticks yet? I hate it when they take so long to send stuff :(

martyr
10-07-2006, 04:22 AM
i should be seated, im swapping with my girlfriends brother in block C, otherwise ill be standing

sinister exaggerator
10-09-2006, 06:39 AM
Has anyone who ordered from Seetickets got their ticks yet? I hate it when they take so long to send stuff :(

I ordered my tickets from Seetickets and still have not recieved them yet, would not worry until at least two weeks before gig though, we probably will get them at the end of this month

Aemima
10-10-2006, 10:02 AM
Ah cool, just wanted to make sure I wasn't the only one waiting

ktdude
10-10-2006, 11:20 AM
I haven't had mine... they're from Ticketmaster though...

martyr
10-10-2006, 02:24 PM
ticketmaster should be destroyed, all i want are my tickets

ktdude
10-11-2006, 01:57 AM
I listened to a full Mastodon album a couple of times at the weekend and am much more impressed by them now - guess the first song I heard wasn't a good example. So I'm actually not so bothered that Isis aren't supporting now. Awesome!

martyr
10-12-2006, 02:50 AM
see, things always work out

ktdude
10-13-2006, 12:09 AM
it's nice when that happens. It was 6 weeks on Wednesday till my first Tool gig. 6 weeks Monday till Wembley. It's getting closer... I can almost smell them... they smell... of beef jerky

martyr
10-13-2006, 07:01 AM
they smell of crap

loulie
10-15-2006, 07:04 AM
it's nice when that happens. It was 6 weeks on Wednesday till my first Tool gig. 6 weeks Monday till Wembley. It's getting closer... I can almost smell them... they smell... of beef jerky

that's it for me then......i'm a vegetarian

ktdude
10-15-2006, 07:53 AM
just stand well back and wear a noseclip... it's worth it for Tool

loulie
10-15-2006, 08:15 AM
just stand well back and wear a noseclip... it's worth it for Tool

did you go to download or the hammersmith show?

ktdude
10-15-2006, 01:04 PM
both, fucking awesome - did you? download was better actually imo

loulie
10-16-2006, 12:42 AM
both, fucking awesome - did you? download was better actually imo

yeah I went to both
liked both as much for different reasons
i wonder what wembley will be like, I don't think it will fill

ktdude
10-16-2006, 01:12 AM
yeah I went to both
liked both as much for different reasons
i wonder what wembley will be like, I don't think it will fill
both were great, I just felt Download edged it for being the loudest, tightest festival band I have ever seen, and in addition to this it was my very first time seeing Tool so really special. I grinned like a maniac the whole way through.

I don't think Wembley will have anything on either of the June gigs, atmosphere-wise, just because it's a soulless fucking place, but I've no doubt they will lift the roof off.

loulie
10-16-2006, 01:38 AM
both were great, I just felt Download edged it for being the loudest, tightest festival band I have ever seen, and in addition to this it was my very first time seeing Tool so really special. I grinned like a maniac the whole way through.

I don't think Wembley will have anything on either of the June gigs, atmosphere-wise, just because it's a soulless fucking place, but I've no doubt they will lift the roof off.

they sure will. i remember the first time i saw them in 2001 when they toured europe, i saw them at brixton acadamy, both nights, absolutely amazing. Best 2 nights of my life. cried like a baby during aenima. i don't think anyone will ever forget their first tool gig.

ktdude
10-16-2006, 05:20 AM
6 weeks and counting people....

martyr
10-16-2006, 06:16 AM
tooooooo long

ktdude
10-16-2006, 06:53 AM
feels like a long time... but it will go quick I reckon, already halfway through Oct... and it's less than 6 weeks till glasgow dude...

martyr
10-17-2006, 09:39 AM
oh yeah, cannae wait

ktdude
10-17-2006, 12:44 PM
ah, I can almost hear your scottish accent already

martyr
10-22-2006, 05:12 PM
umm its not really scottish, i didnt quite pick it up

ktdude
10-23-2006, 01:07 AM
umm its not really scottish, i didnt quite pick it up
really, I am surprised about that, I always hear your posts in scottish! we should actually quit posting about glasgow in the wembley thread. sabotage imo.

GeorgeinNY
10-23-2006, 02:37 PM
hey KT and other England people, figured this is a good place to ask- which line/station you think is better for getting to Wembley Arena from Central London? Or should I take the British rail line to Wembley Stadium? Also how is getting back from the concert looking, does the tube run only till 11 pm? Sorry for so many questions in one post...

edit- anyone knows this club? http://www.scala-london.co.uk/scala/ how is it? Id be going there for a live show on a weekday.

ktdude
10-24-2006, 01:25 AM
hi George. your best bet is to head to Wembley Park station. this is on the Metropolitan line (London underground) and can be reached by changing at Baker Street station, which in turn can be reached from a number of central London locations. Make sure you invest in a copy of the tube map, it takes some getting used to but it's all quite logical.

Wembley's a little way out of London so not perfect as a venue and the Wembley area itself hasn't got a great reputation for safety, just to let you know.

The Scala has a reputation as a great club venue, however I don't know much about what events it runs these days… there used to be a pretty cool rock night there but that was a long time ago.

Arctangent
10-24-2006, 02:39 AM
getting to anywhere from wembley is a right pain. 10,000 plus people all trying to force their way into the underground station all at once! last train through back to london is 11:10pm but there is a strict curfew at wembley, especially on week nights. can't remember whether it is 10pm or 10:30pm but its early enough that catching a train back into london is usually ok.

ktdude
10-24-2006, 02:48 AM
getting to anywhere from wembley is a right pain. 10,000 plus people all trying to force their way into the underground station all at once! last train through back to london is 11:10pm but there is a strict curfew at wembley, especially on week nights. can't remember whether it is 10pm or 10:30pm but its early enough that catching a train back into london is usually ok.
I am from Watford so always stay at my parents when I go to Wembley - pretty lucky as I get to go in the opposite direction! although I'll probably go out in London the night after the gig

GeorgeinNY
10-24-2006, 05:50 AM
hey KT and arct! yeah thats what I figured as far as which line to take, Im most likely to take it from Euston Square(im staying within walking distance of this station) to Wembley Park, do you know how long approximately the ride will take? 20 minutes? Looks like only 4 stops.

The show in The Scala I was thinking was The Two Gallants, not the greatest gig (I saw them opening for Wolfmother) but thats when Im gonna be there so I guess luck of the draw.

Anyone remember the name of the club thats in the Covent Garden market area that has live music? I cant remember the name, its on the south side of the square.

thanks in advance...

Arctangent
10-24-2006, 06:40 AM
I am from Watford so always stay at my parents when I go to Wembley - pretty lucky as I get to go in the opposite direction! although I'll probably go out in London the night after the gig

my mum actually lives in harrow, which is even closer than watford but i have to get in to work in kent the following morning, so i can't stay with her after the concert i have to get home which is a bugger.

hey KT and arct! yeah thats what I figured as far as which line to take, Im most likely to take it from Euston Square(im staying within walking distance of this station) to Wembley Park, do you know how long approximately the ride will take? 20 minutes? Looks like only 4 stops.

its shouldn't take you more than 20-25 minutes as long as you get a metropolitan line train on the way back, then you don't have to change at baker street. nice easy journey.

tiryth
10-26-2006, 02:47 AM
I will have 2 tickets up on ebay for this next week - my sister got them and cant go so she's asked me to sell them for her

ktdude
10-26-2006, 04:21 AM
I will have 2 tickets up on ebay for this next week - my sister got them and cant go so she's asked me to sell them for her
I'll mention it to a few people that might want to go... post in socialize and/or the bin as well as more people check there

sinister exaggerator
10-26-2006, 08:16 AM
has anyone recieved their tickets yet

Arctangent
10-26-2006, 11:48 PM
nope. not received mine. i was starting to panic a bit but if i'm not the only one then it must be ok.

ktdude
10-27-2006, 12:40 AM
nah I predict they won't turn up till about a week before the gig.

martyr
10-29-2006, 01:40 PM
ENGLAND SUCKS!!!!!!!!!!!

ktdude
10-30-2006, 01:43 AM
ENGLAND SUCKS!!!!!!!!!!!
SCOTLAND SMELLS FUNNY!!

assailing eyes
10-30-2006, 10:51 AM
last time i rang up they hadnt even been printed yet.

Freddie
10-31-2006, 03:35 AM
Hi..

I have bought 4 tickets from lastminute.com and they said that I have to pick the tickets up att the Wembley arena box office beacus they are not shipping tickets outside of the country.
So my question is where is this box office, is it near wembley??

sorry for my english, im from Sweden..

Peace

ktdude
10-31-2006, 04:45 AM
Hi..

I have bought 4 tickets from lastminute.com and they said that I have to pick the tickets up att the Wembley arena box office beacus they are not shipping tickets outside of the country.
So my question is where is this box office, is it near wembley??

sorry for my english, im from Sweden..

Peace
hey dude, worry not, it will be part of the building... right in the entrance I would imagine. you will just grab your tickets from there and then go straight in. nice and easy.

Arctangent
11-02-2006, 12:40 AM
you will just grab your tickets from there and then go straight in. nice and easy.

nice and easy? nothing at wembley is ever nice and easy!

Freddie
11-02-2006, 12:49 AM
hey dude, worry not, it will be part of the building... right in the entrance I would imagine. you will just grab your tickets from there and then go straight in. nice and easy.

Ok, that sounds easy.
Thank you for helping.

ktdude
11-02-2006, 01:35 AM
nice and easy? nothing at wembley is ever nice and easy!
what are you trying to say? that one of our fine country's most prominent and well-reputed musical venues is... *gasp* badly run?! say it isn't so!

Arctangent
11-02-2006, 07:00 AM
as if...

where on earth did you get well reputed from? the people that run the place generally couldn't find their arses with both hands if you gave them a map and compass!

although it might have improved - i haven't been there since it was refurbished. i try not to go to concerts there unless its someone i really, really want to go and see. i just hope that the refurbishment has improved the accoustics.

i'm not holding my breath though.

ktdude
11-02-2006, 08:17 AM
as if...

where on earth did you get well reputed from? the people that run the place generally couldn't find their arses with both hands if you gave them a map and compass!

although it might have improved - i haven't been there since it was refurbished. i try not to go to concerts there unless its someone i really, really want to go and see. i just hope that the refurbishment has improved the accoustics.

i'm not holding my breath though.
dude it's cool, I had my sarcastic hat on

martyr
11-02-2006, 03:40 PM
Katy loves her hats

Arctangent
11-03-2006, 12:52 AM
dude it's cool, I had my sarcastic hat on

so did i!

(apart from the bit about wembley being crap, obviously)

ktdude
11-03-2006, 01:27 AM
Katy loves her hats
e-stalking is at an all time high

sinister exaggerator
11-03-2006, 06:16 AM
some good news. As it is three weeks today until I go to the Manchester gig I thought I would check my tickets status on line and found that the manchester tickets were in stock and will be posted soon (probably this weekend), but the wembley tickets were still not in stock. But I have feeling they will be come into stock by monday.

martyr
11-03-2006, 10:50 AM
e-stalking is at an all time high

thats my line bitch.

good news about the tickets

duncang
11-03-2006, 11:08 AM
I couldn't get tickets, but I went to the June 14th date.

Everyone who goes, tell me it was shit. It may help.

ktdude
11-06-2006, 03:07 AM
I couldn't get tickets, but I went to the June 14th date.

Everyone who goes, tell me it was shit. It may help.
no problem. I will tell you it was shit 4 times.

Isac Khrondor
11-07-2006, 04:02 PM
My tickets havn't come either, which was worrying untill I found out you guys havn't got yours yet either..

This gig is gonna be rude, I hope they play wings this time round.

Soundjunkie
11-07-2006, 08:23 PM
I just hope my tickets reach Australia before i have to leave to UK.

ktdude
11-08-2006, 01:22 AM
I just hope my tickets reach Australia before i have to leave to UK.
it looks as if they're gonna be pretty last minute dude... why don't you phone Ticketmaster and see if you can have them held at the Box Office for you instead?

martyr
11-08-2006, 03:22 AM
As if you care..........

ktdude
11-08-2006, 06:36 AM
As if you care..........
clearly I do otherwise I wouldn't have bothered posting.

scottish pmt is at an all time high.

tiryth
11-08-2006, 08:09 AM
selling my sisters tickets http://search.ebay.co.uk/_W0QQfgtpZ1QQfrppZ25QQsassZnetsalessolutions please pass this link or repost it for me where you think it will get exposure as i've got too much work to do!!!! APPRECIATED!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! !!!!!!!

Soundjunkie
11-08-2006, 06:04 PM
do you no the ticketmaster phone number. i cant seem to find it on there website.

noz
11-09-2006, 07:22 AM
do you no the ticketmaster phone number. i cant seem to find it on there website.

to make a booking 0870 534 4444
to question a booking 0870 242 4442
and for some reason i also have this number saved on my phone but i dont know exactly what its for... probably for ranting about booking fees.. 0870 606 3400

4degreesnorth
11-09-2006, 07:37 AM
lovely jubly , my ticket arrived this morning from ticketmaster for the wembley date

noz
11-09-2006, 07:44 AM
i don't suppose anyone remembers how much a standing ticket from ticketmaster costs roughly? i bought 2 from them when tickets were first on sale and my mate asked how much they cost to be able to pay me back and embarassingly enough i can't actually remember...

ktdude
11-09-2006, 08:08 AM
I think it was somewhere between £28 and £32... maybe even as much as £40

wow that was completely unhelpful. sorry!! it'll say on the tickets when you get them... don't forgot to whack on about £6 for booking fee, postage etc though

Arctangent
11-10-2006, 12:59 AM
my two standing tickets for wembley, bought from ticketmaster, cost £69.45, which includes the booking fee and postage.

noz
11-10-2006, 03:02 AM
thank yous, i was so desperado to get the tickets at the time i don't think i even paid attention to how much they were, i'm sure they'll be worth it whatever the cost! :)

it'll say on the tickets when you get them...
I'm still waiting for mine... growing more impatient by the minute, pretty much gonna snatch the envelope from postie's hand before he can get it through the letterbox!

michael127
11-10-2006, 03:55 AM
Has anyone else's enthusiasm for this gig dropped a bit because of the likelihood of an exact same set list as they played on the supposed "warm-up tour" at Hammersmith? Also the setlist has shrunk. ten songs??? WTF? Excited obviously but also feel the band are going through the motions right now

The Brigadier
11-10-2006, 04:06 AM
Has anyone else's enthusiasm for this gig dropped a bit because of the likelihood of an exact same set list as they played on the supposed "warm-up tour" at Hammersmith? Also the setlist has shrunk. ten songs??? WTF? Excited obviously but also feel the band are going through the motions right now
Totally. I am going to see them in Cardiff on the 30th. Hammersmith was awesome but I was really hoping / expecting that by the time the band returned to the UK they would want to play some different songs. For a band that has such a fantastic back catalogue plus a reputation for being unconventional, I am disappointed. Tool profess the desire to use their music to "connect" - I fear that at the moment, due to their choice of setlist, it is in danger of alienating some people. That said, it will be great to see these tremendous songs live one more time.

Isac Khrondor
11-10-2006, 04:40 AM
Did anyone order their tickets from Tickettout.com?

Have all of your tickets arrived yet?

And I pray to God they play a different set to last time, even if it's just wings and 10k.

dacbo
11-10-2006, 06:13 AM
why would you buy tickets from a site called tickettout.com...? bad idea

ktdude
11-10-2006, 07:17 AM
doesn't sound so good does it... I'm sure it'll be fine... *fingers crossed*

martyr
11-10-2006, 04:13 PM
Did anyone order their tickets from Tickettout.com?

Have all of your tickets arrived yet?

And I pray to God they play a different set to last time, even if it's just wings and 10k.

it's OK Isac, they're playing Swamp Song, a truky higher caliber song than anything of 10kdaiz.

christo_walkero
11-10-2006, 06:03 PM
Swamp Song and or Wings/10000 Days will make my life at this show. Saw them at Download and at both Hammersmith dates so a bit of variation would be legendary!

arcturos
11-12-2006, 10:01 AM
oh man, Swamp Song and WfM/10k Days would absolutely make this gig for me.

I saw em at the June 13th date and the setlist then was pretty good. Intension was a bit meh for me.

loulie
11-12-2006, 10:09 AM
Has a second date for wembly been announced?

-StaX
11-12-2006, 02:28 PM
does anyone know the approx finishing time for wembley? if there's a curfew or anything.
trying to work out how i'll be getting back etc.
Thanks!
Oh man. two weeks to go.

Arctangent
11-13-2006, 01:45 AM
there is a curfew but i can't remember what time it is. i think its either 10:00pm or 10:30pm. i'll try and find out and post it here

ktdude
11-13-2006, 01:51 AM
I doubt it will finish before about 10:30, but could be wrong. town afterwards for some drinks imo.

ktdude
11-13-2006, 03:20 AM
Has a second date for wembly been announced?
no, there won't be one... the first one hasn't even sold out

christo_walkero
11-13-2006, 02:25 PM
does anyone know the approx finishing time for wembley? if there's a curfew or anything.
trying to work out how i'll be getting back etc.
Thanks!
Oh man. two weeks to go.

The curfew for the arena is 11pm as thats when they are licensed until, so I am thinking that the band will be on at 8:45 for a 10:45 finish if they do the 2 hours that I hope for

-StaX
11-13-2006, 10:58 PM
Excellent, thanks alot man.

Surrey Tool
11-13-2006, 11:15 PM
Wings/10K Days played in Florence last night!

Arctangent
11-14-2006, 12:57 AM
The curfew for the arena is 11pm as thats when they are licensed until, so I am thinking that the band will be on at 8:45 for a 10:45 finish if they do the 2 hours that I hope for

i'm sure the curfew ends before 11:00. i can't ever recall a concert there that went on that late. you have to remember you (or rather wembley) are dealing with the idiots at brent council. the curfew time was made earlier in the 80's after lots of complaints from local residents, who all seem to hate living near the wembley complex.

and given the sets tool have been playing it would be a miracle if they played for two hours.

ktdude
11-14-2006, 01:35 AM
last night's set sounded pretty cool - sober AND wings, noice

Arctangent
11-14-2006, 03:50 AM
i noticed they haven't been playing wings/10,000 days every night. i just hope we get them at wembley. i really don't want to see the same set as hammersmith, good as it was. i'd love to hear swamp song too but they don't seem to have played that and wings on the same night yet.

he kept her hid away
11-14-2006, 06:18 AM
OI POSTIE! WHERE ARE OUR FREEKIN' TICKETS? TICKETMASTER(BATOR) DON'T WANT A PHONE CALL FROM A MAN WITH ANGER SHARKS!

ktdude
11-14-2006, 08:01 AM
OI POSTIE! WHERE ARE OUR FREEKIN' TICKETS? TICKETMASTER(BATOR) DON'T WANT A PHONE CALL FROM A MAN WITH ANGER SHARKS!
good point.

hurry the fuck up!

Aemima
11-14-2006, 10:02 AM
Mine arrived today from Seetickets :D

sinister exaggerator
11-14-2006, 10:21 AM
mine also arrived today from seetickets.

Soundjunkie
11-14-2006, 09:44 PM
GUESS WHAT, MY TICKETS ARRIVED and i am in Australia. HHAHA YEAH!...

BRING ON MASTODON AND TOOL

Edit: i would also like to add that i keep reading about how loud it is and people days after having ringing in there ears. uh that ringing is that frequency dieing. after it goes you can never hear that frequency again. i just don't see why people are not wearing ear plugs instead of ruining there hearing.

he kept her hid away
11-15-2006, 12:45 AM
Well I just checked my ticket status with T.M. and they are "awaiting ticket stock from the organiser" so at least no cheeky scab down at the sorting office has half inched 'em. Hey hold on, T.M.=biggest corporate ticket seller=last one to send out the tickets. USELESS BUNCH OF PANSIES!

ktdude
11-15-2006, 01:12 AM
GUESS WHAT, MY TICKETS ARRIVED and i am in Australia. HHAHA YEAH!...

BRING ON MASTODON AND TOOL

Edit: i would also like to add that i keep reading about how loud it is and people days after having ringing in there ears. uh that ringing is that frequency dieing. after it goes you can never hear that frequency again. i just don't see why people are not wearing ear plugs instead of ruining there hearing.
shit, I'm going to see them four times, does that mean I won't be able to hear anything at all by the last gig? :)

earplugs are so uncomfortable, I have tiny ears anyway but I can't afford earplugs that don't affect the sound quality... I guess I will be deaf by the time I'm 30 ish.

Chai_nese
11-15-2006, 01:25 AM
A friend of mine got our from either SeeTickets or TicketMaster and apparently they're coming via special delivery sometime today. I'm guessing he called them up or something.

The tickets will come flooding in now methinks.

11 DAYS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Chai_nese
11-15-2006, 01:27 AM
I guess I will be deaf by the time I'm 30 ish.

Worthy cause though :)

What better sound to shit your ears up than the orgasmic mindfuck that is TOOL?

Arctangent
11-15-2006, 03:02 AM
where was the earpug advice twenty four years ago when i started going to gigs? too late for me now. and tool at hammersmith was one of the loudest i have been to for a loooong time. i have to crank the volume up on my computer by another notch now.

sinister exaggerator
11-15-2006, 05:29 AM
Well I just checked my ticket status with T.M. and they are "awaiting ticket stock from the organiser" so at least no cheeky scab down at the sorting office has half inched 'em. Hey hold on, T.M.=biggest corporate ticket seller=last one to send out the tickets. USELESS BUNCH OF PANSIES!

The tickets I got from seetickets were printed by Ticketmaster.

GeorgeinNY
11-15-2006, 07:19 AM
believe me its not worth it to lose your hearing even if it is Tool, espcecially when you can prevent it with simple plugs, if you dont have plugs in emergency you can use tissue paper or whatever.

As far as curfew I just saw Springsteen there last week on 11.11 and they played until about 10:25-10:30, to the station its about a 10 minute walk, no problems with the tube and the trains ran past 11(maybe because it was on saturday?) You have the option of the express train that is the big cars NY style or the skinny tube train that makes local stops. All I can say is be careful when you get to Baker Street because the express line that was the last stop before I knew it we were headed back to Wembley, so had to get off on the next stop and head back on the tube.

christo_walkero
11-15-2006, 07:43 AM
i'm sure the curfew ends before 11:00. i can't ever recall a concert there that went on that late. you have to remember you (or rather wembley) are dealing with the idiots at brent council. the curfew time was made earlier in the 80's after lots of complaints from local residents, who all seem to hate living near the wembley complex.

and given the sets tool have been playing it would be a miracle if they played for two hours.

I meant that the absolute latest the band is allowed to leave the stage is 11, although it will guaranteed finish before that. Except for if your name is Axl Rose, you are in the band Guns 'n Roses and you don't actually hit the stage until 11:05PM!

So I am thinking 9pm till 10:30pm or 9:15 till 10:45 seems about right for Tool at Wembley given what they have been playing

assailing eyes
11-16-2006, 12:23 PM
did anyone else here get their tickets through ringing the box office, and if so have they arrived yet?

that's how i did it, & i haven't got mine yet. maybe i shouldn't, but naturally, i'm panicking.

travacalm
11-16-2006, 12:50 PM
9 Days!!!!, I can see wembly from me house, so your all invited back to mine for post tool beers, hahaha. Then of to Paris to see them there on DEC10th. Still undecided about going up to manchester to see them there, thats if theres still tickets. I'm so SKINT. Any aussies from brissy going to this show?

Soundjunkie
11-17-2006, 06:28 AM
9 Days!!!!, I can see wembly from me house, so your all invited back to mine for post tool beers, hahaha. Then of to Paris to see them there on DEC10th. Still undecided about going up to manchester to see them there, thats if theres still tickets. I'm so SKINT. Any aussies from brissy going to this show?

me and another from brissy are flying out on Sunday to London and will be at the show.

goatboystrikesback
11-17-2006, 12:54 PM
anyone else buy their tickets from ticketmaster and if so, have they arrived yet? cos mine haven't...

nirajp
11-17-2006, 06:15 PM
anyone else buy their tickets from ticketmaster and if so, have they arrived yet? cos mine haven't...

Yup ... last week.

he kept her hid away
11-18-2006, 02:41 AM

Don't worry (yet), ours haven't arrived yet either.

Isac Khrondor
11-18-2006, 05:36 AM
Mine still havn't arrived.

incommunicado
11-18-2006, 08:08 AM
Not Brissy, but Melbourne.
Arrived in london not long ago, and I need a ticket to this gig.
Can anyone help out?
I think there are seats still available but I would prefer a standing ticket.