Pages : [1] 2

swaps
07-26-2006, 12:41 PM
Tool
Nassau Coliseum, Uniondale, NY
Saturday, October 07, 2006

cirkus
07-26-2006, 09:07 PM
I might go to this show, as it is 20 mins away from where my relatives live.

Im praying for PIT!

RightInTwo34
07-26-2006, 11:20 PM
Just to clarify to avoid confusion. Its actually Uniondale not Wantagh. Wantagh would imply Jones Beach Ampitheater.

QFirecracker
07-27-2006, 05:50 AM
Yeah I was wondering why it said Wantagh when the Coliseum is in Uniondale. I live in Garden City so the Coliseum is about 20 minutes away. Hopefully I will be at this show otherwise East Rutherford isn't very far away either :)

YankeeJTC
07-27-2006, 06:50 AM
Anyone know yet when this is going on sale?

QFirecracker
07-27-2006, 08:46 AM
Nope. Just checked Ticketmaster. I'm guessing the shows will go on sale either this weekend or the next.

TJBundy
07-27-2006, 08:55 AM
YES, i need to go to this show, the last show at the coliseum was SICK. (halloween)

NJsancho
07-27-2006, 09:03 AM
I already have tix for Camden. I'm hoping for this show and Continental Airlines Arena as well. Wonder why no MSG shows....yet.

TJBundy
07-27-2006, 09:04 AM
hmm, that IS strange.

QFirecracker
07-27-2006, 03:02 PM
Maybe the Knicks had something to do with Tool not playing at MSG. ;)

I read somewhere that Pearl Jam couldn't play at MSG on their current tour because the Knicks had the venue booked in advance for the NBA Finals. Instead, PJ played at East Rutherford but the posters being sold at the venue said New York 6/1. How many people does the Coliseum hold? Do they usually sell the seats at the back of the stage? I checked the Ticketmaster seating maps and they had a map for End Stage as well as special maps for Iron Maiden and Coldplay. The IM map indicated that the seats behind the stage were not sold.

populace
07-27-2006, 09:18 PM
halloween WAS sick.
some one please pm me if they know tickets are on sale

GradyWhite
07-27-2006, 09:43 PM
just check the website everyday, im deff goin i live like a 30 min east from uniondale. Im praying for pit tickets!!

Fit4Demolition
07-28-2006, 06:24 AM
north jersey people must be loving this.

undertoes
07-28-2006, 06:56 AM
i'm sure i'm goin to this one as i am in Queens. Its also Saturday, so i know i won't have any plan. If i have to work, i'll tell my boss that i'll be sick that day a month in advance.

NJsancho
07-28-2006, 09:13 AM
north jersey people must be loving this.
Yes. Yes I am.

Tooletarian
07-28-2006, 12:03 PM
Yeah I was wondering why it said Wantagh when the Coliseum is in Uniondale. I live in Garden City so the Coliseum is about 20 minutes away. Hopefully I will be at this show otherwise East Rutherford isn't very far away either :)

Are you walking from GC? It should be a five minute drive, tops.

viti
07-28-2006, 12:50 PM
and the ticket search begins...round II

QFirecracker
07-28-2006, 01:05 PM
@Tooletarian: I'm at Adelphi University so the actual time it takes from here to Hofstra/Nassau Coliseum is around 20 minutes. I don't drive but I know for a fact that it takes around 20 minutes.

No info on tickets yet. Maybe they don't go on sale this weekend. Ticketmaster already has a bunch of shows going on sale at 10am tomorrow.

undertoes
07-28-2006, 01:49 PM
Well, my school Nassau CC, is like one block away. It'll take me about 2 minutes to get there.

whats the best way to get tix btw

NJsancho
07-28-2006, 02:18 PM
I've heard that seating here will wrap around the stage. Can anyone confirm this?
Also, has anybody seen a concert from behind the stage before? The seats might be close, but how is the sound?

NJsancho
07-28-2006, 03:01 PM
Hiya, kids!
Thought you might like to know that tickets for the show at Nassau Coliseum go on sale to the public via ticketmaster on Saturday, August 5th. Ten a.m., as usual.
I sent an e-mail to the arena, and this was their response.

I wonder if the East Rutherford show will have the same date.

QFirecracker
07-28-2006, 05:29 PM
Thanks for the heads up! There's nothing on Ticketmaster yet so I believe next Saturday is when the tickets will go on sale. I guess they had too many shows going on sale tomorrow anyway :P

Louise
07-29-2006, 01:57 AM
Hoping to get myself a ticket for this show! My first time living in the us and also my first ever tool concert :)
I'm hoping for the pit but I’m not that optimistic

Tooletarian
07-29-2006, 03:41 AM
@Tooletarian: I'm at Adelphi University so the actual time it takes from here to Hofstra/Nassau Coliseum is around 20 minutes. I don't drive but I know for a fact that it takes around 20 minutes.

No info on tickets yet. Maybe they don't go on sale this weekend. Ticketmaster already has a bunch of shows going on sale at 10am tomorrow.

No problem. I was just wondering why it was such a long trip for you. I grew up on the South Shore and the coliseum was on 10 minutes from my parent's house.

Anyway, I can't wait for the shows, I may trip for both the Friday and Saturday shows. I can't wait!!! Hopefully the audio of these shows will be better than the recent NYC shows. That place had the worst acoustics.

Shauny Kass XXX
07-29-2006, 07:46 AM
I'm definetly getting tickets to this, and the Continental NJ show. plus I already have greats seats to the Camden NJ show. Tool 2 days in a row... 3 times within 2 months... and I also saw them at City Center earlier this year. So that'll make 4 Tool shows in 1 year... does it get any better than that?

RightInTwo34
07-29-2006, 12:51 PM
I'm definetly getting tickets to this, and the Continental NJ show. plus I already have greats seats to the Camden NJ show. Tool 2 days in a row... 3 times within 2 months... and I also saw them at City Center earlier this year. So that'll make 4 Tool shows in 1 year... does it get any better than that?

5 shows in a year, perhaps...

moneyisevil
07-29-2006, 01:43 PM
5 shows in a year, perhaps...

6 shows in 2 weeks bi0tches

hbynoe
07-29-2006, 04:19 PM
Hoping to get myself a ticket for this show! My first time living in the us and also my first ever tool concert :)
I'm hoping for the pit but I’m not that optimistic
best of luck getting tickeets
and have a smashing time (from someone who isn't in the us :)

QFirecracker
07-29-2006, 07:47 PM
@Tooleterian: My friend who has been to concerts at the Coliseum says that the acoustics are pretty good.

Is it just me or was Ticketmaster really crawling this morning?

snootyusher
07-29-2006, 10:13 PM
I read somewhere that Pearl Jam couldn't play at MSG on their current tour because the Knicks had the venue booked in advance for the NBA Finals. I

Of course the Knicks went on to being at the bottom of the entire NBA this season...smart move, MSG.

Louise
07-30-2006, 05:51 AM
best of luck getting tickeets
and have a smashing time (from someone who isn't in the us :)

Thanks for that ;) hope tool come your way soon too

Kelly
07-30-2006, 08:47 PM
This will be my first Tool show, It should be nice.

Can someone be in charge of telling everyone when the tickets go on sale?

I wil probably be wearing a white shirt with some shit on it to make it known im from tdn, we'll see.

Tkotchek
07-31-2006, 11:25 AM
coliseum tickets on sale yet?...also what r the other ny/nj shows and how do you know this, where the fuck have i been i work way too much.

RightInTwo34
07-31-2006, 12:55 PM
coliseum tickets on sale yet?....

no not yet, most likely this saturday.

Tkotchek
07-31-2006, 02:12 PM
no not yet, most likely this saturday., where can i find the other east coast dates, the toolband.com page is fucked up, or maybe its my comp

RightInTwo34
07-31-2006, 02:40 PM
, where can i find the other east coast dates, the toolband.com page is fucked up, or maybe its my comp

Camden- 9/28
DC- 9/30
East Rutherford- 10/6

NJsancho
07-31-2006, 06:04 PM
According to the response I got from the arena, ticktes for Nassau Coliseum go on sale this saturday, Aug. 5th at 10 am.
I don't know for certain, but I imagine the East Rutherford show goes on sale the same time. I almost hope it doesn't though. It'll be a bitch trying to get tix for both shows at the same time. I don't have enought hands and mouths.

milair47
07-31-2006, 06:15 PM
hopefully this will be my first tool concert...don't really care where I sit to be honest, just so long as I'm in the arena

undertoes
07-31-2006, 06:44 PM
Fuck. My credit card has reached its limit. I'm forced to use the Ticketmaster outlets/ retail stores. Anyone with experience with this? How early show i get there?

Louise
07-31-2006, 06:49 PM
hopefully this will be my first tool concert...don't really care where I sit to be honest, just so long as I'm in the arena

Same :), I just wish the tickets didn't go on sale here in australia at midnight on a saturday night.

NJsancho
07-31-2006, 07:40 PM
Same :), I just wish the tickets didn't go on sale here in australia at midnight on a saturday night.

So, wait.....you're moving here from australia? Just in time for the Tool show? Man, how's that for a welcoming party.....

NJsancho
07-31-2006, 07:44 PM
Oh, and btw....can anyone tell me the best/cheapest way to get to the Coliseum from Manhattan? I would be starting from the Port Authority. I don't think there are any subways that go all the way out there, right?

GeorgeinNY
07-31-2006, 08:44 PM
Penn Station, you take a train but I forget which line/station LIRR(check the website), I havent been to Nassau Coliseum in at least 10 years so im shaky on the details... BTW the train station is NOT near the arena, you will have to get a taxi, they used to charge 5 bucks per person, then of course getting back after the show you have to go through the whole mess again(taxi to train station). Really shitty on part of Nassau county transportation people, same way with Jones Beach, basically you cant go to a show there on public transport.

Kelly
07-31-2006, 09:45 PM
Penn Station, you take a train but I forget which line/station LIRR(check the website), I havent been to Nassau Coliseum in at least 10 years so im shaky on the details... BTW the train station is NOT near the arena, you will have to get a taxi, they used to charge 5 bucks per person, then of course getting back after the show you have to go through the whole mess again(taxi to train station). Really shitty on part of Nassau county transportation people, same way with Jones Beach, basically you cant go to a show there on public transport.

That's because we don't want trash on our Island, we have enough already.

RightInTwo34
07-31-2006, 11:24 PM
That's because we don't want trash on our Island, we have enough already.

haha, very true.

Louise
08-01-2006, 05:41 AM
So, wait.....you're moving here from australia? Just in time for the Tool show? Man, how's that for a welcoming party.....

Yep its awesome i love it i arrive on the 26th of August and then tool! What would be even more awesome if Tool were to tour Australia the month i get home, but thats pushing it. I just hope i get tickets!

dloozer
08-01-2006, 08:56 AM
I'm a little skeptical about this concert. On both the Tool websites it says Wantagh, and as we've already established, the colisuem is in Uniondale. However, I went to ETS and saw the Tool page, and it said that the show was going to be at Jones Beach. So I go to the Jones Beach websitek, and low and behold, it's scheduled to be at Jones Beach.

dloozer
08-01-2006, 09:08 AM
I also find it a little hard to believe that the tickets will go on sale this coming saturday, but it has yet to be confirmed on ticketmaster. They usually give me a week to argue with my dad on whether or not i can use the credit card to see this show. The timing for the show however, is perfect. on a weekend, right after my birthday, i'll be able to come down from college and totally rock out

cirkus
08-01-2006, 09:24 AM
According to the response I got from the arena, ticktes for Nassau Coliseum go on sale this saturday, Aug. 5th at 10 am.

Tool Sat 10/7 7:30PM

Hmmm...

RightInTwo34
08-01-2006, 09:43 AM
nooooooooooooooo not jones beach!

dloozer
08-01-2006, 09:46 AM
Like I said, something's not right here. I would like it at the coliseum because it's an easy drive from where i live. However, from what my brother says, the sound quality blows. If it ends up being at the beach, it would be fucking cold. However, we could hear Danny Carey's drum set that's made out of melted down cymbals.

RightInTwo34
08-01-2006, 09:50 AM
Ive seen countless shows at both the beach and the colliseum. What doesnt make sense to me is that Nassau Colliseum much like many of the venues on this leg of the tour is a hockey arena that holds roughly 18k. Jones Beach only holds like 3 or 4 thousand.

hmmm

Maybe the 7th at Jones Beach and then another show at either the Colliseum or MSG?

dloozer
08-01-2006, 09:59 AM
Ive seen countless shows at both the beach and the colliseum. What doesnt make sense to me is that Nassau Colliseum much like many of the venues on this leg of the tour is a hockey arena that holds roughly 18k. Jones Beach only holds like 3 or 4 thousand.

Are you insane??!?! Jones Beach holds well over 3 or 4 thousand. They're maximum capactiy is about 16 thousand.

RightInTwo34
08-01-2006, 09:59 AM
Are you insane??!?! Jones Beach holds well over 3 or 4 thousand. They're maximum capactiy is about 16 thousand.

no way

RightInTwo34
08-01-2006, 10:01 AM

wow... ok its 15

that is the most decieving 15k ever. In my defense I havent been there in years but damn it did not seem like 15k. have they renovated it recently or something?

dloozer
08-01-2006, 10:04 AM
It's possible, but even still it was never smaller than 10k. If you've ever been to hammerstein ballroom, that holds about 3000 people.

swaps
08-01-2006, 10:04 AM
Pollstar says Jones Beach, too.

Edit: Has been changed to NC.

HOTSAUCEMAN
08-01-2006, 10:07 AM
good gawd. i love tracking TOOL shows... one things for certain... they're keeping us on our toes.

dloozer
08-01-2006, 10:08 AM
good gawd. i love tracking TOOL shows... one things for certain... they're keeping us on our toes.

This is very very true. They're this close to giving me a nervous breakdown.

RightInTwo34
08-01-2006, 10:08 AM
It's possible, but even still it was never smaller than 10k. If you've ever been to hammerstein ballroom, that holds about 3000 people.

your right, and I have been there... Oh well im an idiot. OK I feel better though now that I know how many it holds. Id still like a show at the Garden though.

HOTSAUCEMAN
08-01-2006, 10:11 AM
your right, and I have been there... Oh well im an idiot. OK I feel better though now that I know how many it holds. Id still like a show at the Garden though.

agreed. i've been living in nyc for about 2 years now... and still haven't seen a show at the garden yet... been to about every other venue though.

dloozer
08-01-2006, 10:22 AM
Yeah, i would love to go to the garden. I've seen two shows there, pearl Jam and NIN, abd both shows were phenomenal.

mellowlikejello
08-01-2006, 10:30 AM
why does this have to get confusing. its stressful enough trying to get tickets.

either way i'm driving 3 hours, so i guess it doesnt matter. although i'd prefer a venue with GA floor seats, that'd be awesome.

and i agree the garden would be great. i've seen the beastie boys and u2 there. both were amazing shows, the beastie concert was the most fun i've ever had.

NJsancho
08-01-2006, 10:57 AM
The strange thing to me is that the Nassau Coliseum box office actually e-mailed me back and told me that tickets for Tool at the Coliseum go on sale on Aug. 5th. Perhaps Tool plays Jones Beach on Oct. 7th, and there is another unconfirmed show at the Coliseum on another date?

HOTSAUCEMAN
08-01-2006, 11:02 AM
maybe there will be a decoy show... and then a real show?!?!

viti
08-01-2006, 11:09 AM
honestly i hate being a tool fan...all this shit with things being announced till the last second. im soo confused about everything...have no idea when ticks go on sale or when they are playing!!

ive never seen tool and i really dont want my hopes to be destroyed like they were in may because of misinformation

hopefully the east rutherford show isnt this difficult

HOTSAUCEMAN
08-01-2006, 11:27 AM
honestly i hate being a tool fan...all this shit with things being announced till the last second. im soo confused about everything...have no idea when ticks go on sale or when they are playing!!

ive never seen tool and i really dont want my hopes to be destroyed like they were in may because of misinformation

hopefully the east rutherford show isnt this difficult

i think the safest bet is to check ticketmonster everyday to see when/where tickets go on sale for your show of choice. these large arenas dont seem like they are selling out too fast or anything... just make sure your at a ticketmonster outlet, box office, on the phone, or online right when they go on sale.

you should love being a TOOL fan... fucking best band EVER.

dloozer
08-01-2006, 11:32 AM
i think the safest bet is to check ticketmonster everyday to see when/where tickets go on sale for your show of choice. these large arenas dont seem like they are selling out too fast or anything... just make sure your at a ticketmonster outlet, box office, on the phone, or online right when they go on sale.

you should love being a TOOL fan... fucking best band EVER.

Amen to that brother

NJsancho
08-01-2006, 11:48 AM
is there a bus or LIRR that goes to jones beach, or relatively close?

HOTSAUCEMAN
08-01-2006, 11:55 AM
is there a bus or LIRR that goes to jones beach, or relatively close?

LIRR gets you close... then you have to take a bus. i went there for the first time a few months ago for the NIN show... it was pretty easy travel.

NJsancho
08-01-2006, 02:10 PM
LIRR gets you close... then you have to take a bus. i went there for the first time a few months ago for the NIN show... it was pretty easy travel.

Thats what i like to hear! I'm still trying to figure out how to get to Camden and back. But, whatever. Buy the tickets first, then worry about the details later.

undertoes
08-01-2006, 02:13 PM
Oh, and btw....can anyone tell me the best/cheapest way to get to the Coliseum from Manhattan? I would be starting from the Port Authority. I don't think there are any subways that go all the way out there, right?

you can take the J train to suphin, the second to last stop. Take take the LIRR to Hempstead($3.75). Then take the N16 or N35 to the arena.

If you're really really cheap. You can transfer from Jamacia to the N6 bus to Hempstead. but they'll take a bit longer

Tooletarian
08-01-2006, 02:26 PM
I would LOVE the show to be at Jones Beach. Although it will probably be cold, the sound is usually great and the venue is awesome. Nassau Coliseum is a barn and half the concerts I've seen there sound like the bands are playing in mud.

Track 01
08-01-2006, 02:35 PM
I cant wait, this would be my 1st Tool concert(im 13), I will definently be going because since I missed out on tickets at the City Center and I only live like 45 minutes away from either Jones Beach or Nassau Coliseum...I will probably be the youngest person there, whats your guys ideal setlist?

Kelly
08-01-2006, 02:44 PM
I will be at both. 20 minutes from both as well.

NJsancho
08-01-2006, 03:15 PM
I cant wait, this would be my 1st Tool concert(im 13), I will definently be going because since I missed out on tickets at the City Center and I only live like 45 minutes away from either Jones Beach or Nassau Coliseum...I will probably be the youngest person there, whats your guys ideal setlist?

Welcome aboard, my young impressionable friend.
My ideal setlist? A day-long concert where Tool plays every song they've ever learned. Twice.

MiniTool
08-01-2006, 04:02 PM
All of this Jones Beach or Nassau Coliseum stuff is just annoying.....and it sucks for all of us that hope to get tickets and can't figure out which venue it will be at. I guess we will all have to check out ticketmaster 24/7 to see what pops up. It is weird, NJSancho, that the Coliseum emailed you back with an on sale date while Jones Beach has the concert on their site though. WTF?

QFirecracker
08-01-2006, 04:12 PM
I thought there was something fishy the moment I saw the venue listed as Nassau Coliseum and the place listed as Wantagh, NY. I knew NC was in Uniondale and not Wantagh. Hopefully, the confusion is because they play Saturday and Sunday - one night at Jones Beach and another night at Nassau :D

The Nassau Coliseum website actually does not have the concert listed as yet. Also, if you check the LiveNation page for Jones Beach, the concert is not up there.

LiveNation (http://www.livenation.com/venue/getVenue/venueId/287)

Nor is there anything on the following website which also claims to be the Jones Beach Theater site:

http://www.jonesbeachtheater.com/

The only site which lists Tool is jonesbeach.com so I'm not quite sure what's going on here.

moneyisevil
08-01-2006, 04:32 PM
The Nassau Colesium Staff also emailed me telling me that tickets go onsale August 5th at 10am via ticketmaster. I really hope its not at jones beach and i have a feeling it wont be.

I don't know for certain, but I imagine the East Rutherford show goes on sale the same time. I almost hope it doesn't though. It'll be a bitch trying to get tix for both shows at the same time. I don't have enought hands and mouths.

you think thats bad? I will be trying to buy tickets to 3 shows!

hartford
nassau
continental

all at the same fucken time! on two computers and a phone!!! talk about multitasking!

Louise
08-01-2006, 07:06 PM
oh god this is driving me insane...i have no idea where any of these places are lol...i just want tool tickets
Its a hell of a lot easier getting tickets in Australia, except bands don't come here that often

RightInTwo34
08-01-2006, 08:06 PM
oh god this is driving me insane...i have no idea where any of these places are lol...i just want tool tickets
Its a hell of a lot easier getting tickets in Australia, except bands don't come here that often

As a native of Long Island, I will try to fill you in with as much info as possible as soon as it makes sense to me!

RightInTwo34
08-01-2006, 08:12 PM
Ok... Want a monkey wrench thrown into this whole situation?

http://www.onlineseats.com/tool-tickets/buy.asp

QFirecracker
08-01-2006, 08:22 PM
2:30AM?? WTF?

And when you click View Tickets it says 12:00AM!! But I noticed that they have 2:30AM listed for those shows that haven't gone up for sale on Ticketmaster yet. $143 for Sectoin 318? ROFL!!

Scalpers or Scammers. Either way, I won't trust that site.

@Louise: I know this is your personal matter, but are you coming here to study/work or something else? You mentioned August 26th which incidentally is the offical start of the fall semester at my school. So I was kinda curious :)

Confuzzled
08-01-2006, 08:39 PM
Wow....I just read this whole thing & got really confused. I hope I'm not the only one. But then I get confused easily (hence the name). This will be my first Tool concert also and I'm dying to get tickets for me & some of my friends. I would rather they play at the Coliseum rather than Jones Beach theater just because the weather might not want to cooperate with us. But I really dont care where their playing, I'm just glad that I will have an opportunity to see them. And I also will be one of the few younger fans there.

NJsancho
08-01-2006, 10:05 PM
OK, I emailed Jonesbeach.com, Nassau Coliseum for a 2nd time, AND i even e-mailed Blair over at the official site. So far, the only response was from jonesbeach.com, and they said only that they are not officially affiliated with the actual beach, the summr concert series, concert promoters, the band, the record label, or anything thing else that sounded important on some level.

dloozer
08-01-2006, 11:34 PM
OK, I emailed Jonesbeach.com, Nassau Coliseum for a 2nd time, AND i even e-mailed Blair over at the official site. So far, the only response was from jonesbeach.com, and they said only that they are not officially affiliated with the actual beach, the summr concert series, concert promoters, the band, the record label, or anything thing else that sounded important on some level.

So that gets us where exactly?

kingraj
08-01-2006, 11:56 PM
This week's Village Voice comes out this morning, and it has a full page ad for Tool at Continental and Nassau Coliseum. Both go on sale Saturday at 10:00 AM. It's worthwhile to check for a KRock-freeFM presale, although they aren't exactly rock anymore.

dloozer
08-02-2006, 12:27 AM
This week's Village Voice comes out this morning, and it has a full page ad for Tool at Continental and Nassau Coliseum. Both go on sale Saturday at 10:00 AM. It's worthwhile to check for a KRock-freeFM presale, although they aren't exactly rock anymore.

Checked Free-FM, nothing there. Still nothing on ticketmaster. www.nassaucoliseum.com/ is not currently working for me, and jonesbeach.com still has the date on their calander. This is going to be an interesting couple of days if the tickets are in fact supposed to go on sale on saturday. I wish we could freaking call somoene from Tool, or god, or someone. Maybe they're one in the same, I dont know. All i know, is that I want to see Tool for my birthday in New York. And in an arena, they would be so amazing!!!

Louise
08-02-2006, 05:45 AM
As a native of Long Island, I will try to fill you in with as much info as possible as soon as it makes sense to me!
Thanks for that! That's where i'll be living to ;). I'm sure in a months time we should all be happy and holding our tickets.... i hope !

@Louise: I know this is your personal matter, but are you coming here to study/work or something else? You mentioned August 26th which incidentally is the offical start of the fall semester at my school. So I was kinda curious :)

Not personal at all. I'm coming to study but i don't actually start class until the 6th of September, I'll be at Stony Brook :)

NJsancho
08-02-2006, 09:25 AM
So that gets us where exactly?

Well, now that I know jonesbeach.com is an unofficial website, that tells me that it's within reason to believe that some clod simply read that Tool would be in Wantagh and just took it upon him/herself to post that the band would be playing Jones Beach. This led me to believe that the show would definitely be at Nassau Coliseum, and the ad in Village Voice basically confirms it.

I did try to email someone from Tool (Blair, who runs their official website) but I haven't heard back yet. Nonetheless, it seems pretty clear that the show is at Nassau Coliseum, and that it goes on sale this Saturday.

I wish it didn't have to be this goddamn confusing though. It's not fair to the fans.

YankeeJTC
08-02-2006, 09:42 AM
If you go to ISIS's myspace page, you'll notice they have every show listed except the Nassau show. Weird

Track 01
08-02-2006, 10:34 AM
Toolband has it listed as Uniondale so its at NC

NJsancho
08-02-2006, 11:06 AM
huh...the did change it. Well, they could have made a quick note of it to let everyone know. Oh well....

Confuzzled
08-02-2006, 11:18 AM
Yea they changed it to Uniondale on Toolband. I guess this means that its at Nassau Coliseum?

QFirecracker
08-02-2006, 11:38 AM
Not personal at all. I'm coming to study but i don't actually start class until the 6th of September, I'll be at Stony Brook :)

Ahhh I see. I've been to Stony Brook once - to visit their Nuclear Structure Lab. Best of luck with the tickets and your education :)

Yeah I just saw that they changed the location to Uniondale at toolband.com but Blair did not make a post about it. Are they SURE it will be at NC? Or did he change it because a gazillion people emailed him about the mismatch?

Hopefully, Ticketmaster will put up the show on their website soon and clear the confusion.

viti
08-02-2006, 12:03 PM
the continental arena show is on sale on saturday...soo looks like this will be on sale then also

QFirecracker
08-02-2006, 02:29 PM
I just checked the Nassau Colisuem website and it lists Tool for Oct 7, 2006 at 8:00pm. Tickets go on sale this Saturday at 10:00am and ticket prices are between $45-$59.50. Oh, and there's a 6 ticket limit per person. Here's the link:

http://nassaucoliseum.com/events.htm

Iron Maiden play 5 days later.

moneyisevil
08-02-2006, 02:35 PM
im gonna be dropping well over 600 dollars on saturday

RightInTwo34
08-02-2006, 03:14 PM
doesnt the coliseum have a really shitty 11pm curfew? that sucks. if the show is at 8, and Isis is going on first, I hope tool gets on by 9 at the latest so we can get atleast a 2 hour set.

sc28
08-02-2006, 03:49 PM
Hopefully they will add two more shows for the tri-state area. I went to all 4 shows last time around and the Garden show was good but the Radio City show was a blast because you'd figure they would be "anti-rock" but the venue and all the people that worked inside where cool. Hell, i'd take a Roseland or a Irving Plaza show at this point.

The CA Arena was cool but the Coliseum show was on Halloween and they served NO ALCOHOL at all!!!

Track 01
08-02-2006, 05:28 PM
doesnt the coliseum have a really shitty 11pm curfew? that sucks. if the show is at 8, and Isis is going on first, I hope tool gets on by 9 at the latest so we can get atleast a 2 hour set.
idk if ISIS is opening for them because if you check their myspace thay have all the tour dates listed except Oct 7....is ISIS opening for them at NC??

yossaricat
08-02-2006, 07:00 PM
Hopefully they will add two more shows for the tri-state area. I went to all 4 shows last time around and the Garden show was good but the Radio City show was a blast because you'd figure they would be "anti-rock" but the venue and all the people that worked inside where cool. Hell, i'd take a Roseland or a Irving Plaza show at this point.

The CA Arena was cool but the Coliseum show was on Halloween and they served NO ALCOHOL at all!!!

irving plaza would never happen at this stage.

QFirecracker
08-02-2006, 07:06 PM
@NJsancho: When all the decoy album theories were in full swing, people discussed that show and how the riff was already written. Some people used it to try and support their theory that the new album is a collection of B-Sides from the Lateralus recording sessions. I think Adam had the idea in his head for a long time and it probably fit 10000 Days really well so they decided to use it. That particular show is also up for download from you-know-where :)

sc28
08-02-2006, 07:55 PM
irving plaza would never happen at this stage.

yep, but a smaller venue show would be cool (if you could actually get tickets)! Wishfulll thinking. But Another Radio City show (or Beacon Theater)!?!?

dloozer
08-02-2006, 09:36 PM
ok...so it;s official that tool is playing NC. but then why has ticketbastard yet to list it. And in regards to an Irving Plaza show, Green Day did play Irving Plaza the day before American Idiot came out, so who knows.

NJsancho
08-03-2006, 06:37 AM
@NJsancho: When all the decoy album theories were in full swing, people discussed that show and how the riff was already written. Some people used it to try and support their theory that the new album is a collection of B-Sides from the Lateralus recording sessions. I think Adam had the idea in his head for a long time and it probably fit 10000 Days really well so they decided to use it. That particular show is also up for download from you-know-where :)

Oh. Well I guess it's old news then. Where the hell have I been?
Well how about this: Do you know that "Die Eier Von Satan" is really a recipe for making cookies!? HAHA, they're not really Nazis after all! Man I love Tool!

Track 01
08-03-2006, 06:48 AM
doesnt the curfew have something to do with the union or something and they can go past 11 aslong as their record company pays fees for each hour they go past 11...i also dont think they would fuck us with only 2 hours since it is their last show in the US for the rest of the tour

dloozer
08-03-2006, 07:07 AM
I got an e-mail reminder today from ticketmaster to not miss Tool. but it was for the show in Jersey NOT the NC show. still weird

Confuzzled
08-03-2006, 07:24 AM
Oh. Well I guess it's old news then. Where the hell have I been?
Well how about this: Do you know that "Die Eier Von Satan" is really a recipe for making cookies!? HAHA, they're not really Nazis after all! Man I love Tool!
Yea isnt that great. Yep you gotta love Tool.

RightInTwo34
08-03-2006, 12:26 PM
Just got my standard "dont miss" e-mail from the coliseum. this one was for.... TOOL!

tickets on sale sat at 10am for 10-7 at 8pm. tickets are $59.50 and $45.00

its official!

GradyWhite
08-03-2006, 12:37 PM
http://www.nassaucoliseum.com/events.htm

TOOL
Date: Saturday, October 7, 2006 - 8:00 pm

Event Info:

ON SALE: Saturday, August 5, 2006 @ 10 am

Price:

$59.50, $45 (6 ticket limit per customer)
Web:

www.toolband.com

GradyWhite
08-03-2006, 12:38 PM
i better get pit ticks, im gonna be calling on 2 phones and trying through the web. Cya all there =)

dumbwhat
08-03-2006, 12:54 PM
does anyone knoww if i go to the venue at 9;30 on saturday if they will sell tickets or do they not sell them the first day at the venue

RightInTwo34
08-03-2006, 01:28 PM
does anyone knoww if i go to the venue at 9;30 on saturday if they will sell tickets or do they not sell them the first day at the venue

no idea, but if they do sell them, and you get there at 9:30 you will find yourself at the back of a long line id imagine

Louise
08-03-2006, 05:20 PM
ok...so it;s official that tool is playing NC. but then why has ticketbastard yet to list it.
stupid question:

i'm a little concerned it hasn't come up on ticketmaster yet...they've already got four shows on sale on saturday at 10am. If the arena lists it to be on sale then why doesn't ticketmaster....

NJsancho
08-03-2006, 10:14 PM
stupid question:

i'm a little concerned it hasn't come up on ticketmaster yet...they've already got four shows on sale on saturday at 10am. If the arena lists it to be on sale then why doesn't ticketmaster....
Just be patient. I'm sure it'll show up. They did the same thing when I bought tickets for the Camden show; no sign of tickets until the night before they went on-sale.

YankeeJTC
08-04-2006, 07:47 AM
It's up on ticketbastard

Confuzzled
08-04-2006, 08:58 AM
Yea ticketmaster finally put it up.

NJsancho
08-04-2006, 09:43 AM
Does anybody know what the security is like in this place? Can you take anything into the building? Can you move around a bit in each section once the lights go down or do they pretty much guard the seats?

Louise
08-04-2006, 10:08 AM
Yea ticketmaster finally put it up.
yey :) finally

Track 01
08-04-2006, 10:54 AM
Does anybody know what the security is like in this place? Can you take anything into the building? Can you move around a bit in each section once the lights go down or do they pretty much guard the seats?
I havent been to a concert there but i have been to Islanders games(hockey) and they will inspect your bags but if you dont have anything bad in there you can bring it in...at the hockey games its not great sercurity inside the building,i mean they have ushers and a sercurity guard by the stairs most of the time

dloozer
08-04-2006, 11:44 AM
In case anyone was wondering, they could have played MSG. The Knicks basketball season doesn't start until November, and the Rangers are on the road then. I dont know why they would select Nassau Coliseum. MSG is clearly a better venue. Regardless Tool will make it sound good. They played at City Center and made it sound amazing, this concert will be amazing. I'll be coming home from Syracuse to see this show.

kingraj
08-04-2006, 12:17 PM
Does anyone know if the floor is going to be GA or reserved? I tried calling the box office/main number for NC but couldn't get hold of anyone live.

HOTSAUCEMAN
08-04-2006, 12:31 PM
In case anyone was wondering, they could have played MSG. The Knicks basketball season doesn't start until November, and the Rangers are on the road then. I dont know why they would select Nassau Coliseum. MSG is clearly a better venue. Regardless Tool will make it sound good. They played at City Center and made it sound amazing, this concert will be amazing. I'll be coming home from Syracuse to see this show.

are you kidding? the sound was absolute shit at city center. i'd seen them at Coachella and the sound was a million times better... much clearer.

i hope that the sound guy gets his act together for this next round of shows.

Confuzzled
08-04-2006, 01:03 PM

Like Track 01 said they really just check your bags when you go in and as long as your not carrying anything bad you can take it in. Ive also been their for a few hockey games and they let you move around a bit once your in your section ...at the games when you get up they never asked where you were heading to they just sorta stood there. I havent seen anybody guarding seats....but I dunno it might be different at a concert, since I havent been to a concert there yet. But I dont think it will be much different than when your at the games.

dasmico
08-04-2006, 01:49 PM
Like Track 01 said they really just check your bags when you go in and as long as your not carrying anything bad you can take it in. Ive also been their for a few hockey games and they let you move around a bit once your in your section ...at the games when you get up they never asked where you were heading to they just sorta stood there. I havent seen anybody guarding seats....but I dunno it might be different at a concert, since I havent been to a concert there yet. But I dont think it will be much different than when your at the games.

i was at APC there a few years ago. they kicked someone out for smoking, but i was in the high back, right next to security guards, tall stadium seats. otherwisde, the floor and closer areas were one puffo f smoke.

Confuzzled
08-04-2006, 01:54 PM
So maybe it is different....what do I know. Like I said I havent been to concert there yet. Hopefully security isnt too strict.

dloozer
08-04-2006, 02:12 PM
are you kidding? the sound was absolute shit at city center. i'd seen them at Coachella and the sound was a million times better... much clearer.

i hope that the sound guy gets his act together for this next round of shows.

I'm sure Coachella show was much better becuase it was meant for a rock show. But both nights that i was there, I thought that it was fantastic. Anyway, This show is the last of the tour, that'll be cool. I'm really excited to get tickets, and i hope the floor is GA

awaking
08-04-2006, 06:46 PM
I know this a dumb thing to ask but if anyone gets an extra GA ticket please let me know first.. i dont think ill be able to buy tickets tomorrow morning since i have work at 7... so yea help me out if you can

Louise
08-04-2006, 07:20 PM
hey guys i'm just trying to figure out the time difference for the ticket sale at 10am tomorrow. When ticketmaster says the tickets go on sale at 10am is this 10am New York time?

QFirecracker
08-04-2006, 07:23 PM
Yes. 10am Eastern Standard Time.

Fingers and toes crossed.

Louise
08-04-2006, 07:26 PM
Yes. 10am Eastern Standard Time.

Fingers and toes crossed.

thanks for that

tspope99
08-04-2006, 08:06 PM
I'm getting 2 pits for Continental. I'm not sure about Nassau, but if anybody scores at least the same with Nassau and wants to split tix and attend both shows with me drop me a msg.

RightInTwo34
08-04-2006, 09:31 PM
I am getting 4 (hopefully floor) tickets for this show. 2 of the people that im getting tickets for, might not make it so I may have 2 extra tickets. I WILL NOT sell them on ebay or any of that crap I dont care how much money can be made on them. So if I do have those 2 extras I will let you guys know incase anybody needs em.

RightInTwo34
08-04-2006, 09:35 PM
Also, just a heads up for those getting tickets in the morning. I just did a little test run on ticketmaster. 15 page reloads gets you timed out. So make sure if your nearing 10am you havent hit it 14 times because that 15th time they will restrict your access for a few minutes, which in ticket buying time means you will get 1 seat and you have to dangle from the rafter.

Louise
08-04-2006, 09:53 PM
thanks for the tips rightintwo34 i'm used of lining up for tickets not buying them over the net, so i'm a little worried about getting these tickets. Anyways if you do by any chance have spare tickets and i some how stuff up and don't get any tickets tonight (well morning for you guys) i'd be happy to be one of the buyers.
Anyways good luck everyone with getting tickets!

rstonk
08-05-2006, 03:37 AM
my first post.... i hate for it to be a cynical one:

it sucks that the only way to get good tickets for this show is to 1) get extraordinarily lucky or 2) pay a price to some jerk on eBay.

i hate the concert business these days........

Louise
08-05-2006, 04:55 AM
my first post.... i hate for it to be a cynical one:

it sucks that the only way to get good tickets for this show is to 1) get extraordinarily lucky or 2) pay a price to some jerk on eBay.

i hate the concert business these days........
err i just found out I can't even buy tickets!
i'm screwed

MiniTool
08-05-2006, 04:56 AM
good luck everyone!! If by any chance anyone come up with extra tix, and I get none, i'm hoping you can help a girl out. Not GA for obvious reasons that I'm a chick and barely break 5 feet. But I'd definitely be willing to take 2 tix off someones hands if I don't get lucky today. Good luck to all!

HOTSAUCEMAN
08-05-2006, 04:57 AM
err i just found out are can't even buy tickets!
i'm screwed

why?

HOTSAUCEMAN
08-05-2006, 04:59 AM
god i've gotten no sleep all night... ticket buying always makes me feel a bit sick to my stomach nowadays... whew... breathe... breathe.

good luck everyone!!!!!!!

TOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOL

MiniTool
08-05-2006, 05:03 AM
err i just found out I can't even buy tickets!
i'm screwed

Louise, I will try to help you out. How many tickets would you want? PM me or send me email to [email protected] and I will do my absolute best.

Louise
08-05-2006, 05:03 AM
why?
because i'm in australia i can only buy over the net and i don't personally own a credit card so i was going to borrow my mum's but i didn't realize until recently that i can't do that

HOTSAUCEMAN
08-05-2006, 05:05 AM
because i'm in australia i can only buy over the net and i don't personally own a creadit card so i was going to borrow my mum's but it can only be mine.

use your moms name and info to set up a new ticketmaster user account.

Louise
08-05-2006, 05:05 AM
hmm when i pick it up from the arena i have to have a passport that matches my mum's
i also considered sending it to a friend of a friend in the us except the adresse you have to provide on the site has to match the credit card or they will cancel the order

HOTSAUCEMAN
08-05-2006, 05:06 AM

i'm buying for one of my friends that i work with... and thats what we did. im going to buy hers after mine of course... but thats a way around it.

HOTSAUCEMAN
08-05-2006, 05:08 AM
hmm when i pick it up from the arena i have to have a passport that matches my mum's
i also considered sending it to a friend of a friend in the us except the adresse you have to provide on the site has to match the credit card or they will cancel the order

there are different mailing options... you might have to have them mail the tickets to you in australia... or you can just do the print option. they give you an option to print your tickets right after the purchase... do you have a printer at home?

Louise
08-05-2006, 05:08 AM
there are different mailing options... you might have to have them mail the tickets to you in australia... or you can just do the print option. they give you an option to print your tickets right after the purchase... do you have a printer at home?
yep, but i thought that they wouldn't send it to me or does that not apply to all concerts

HOTSAUCEMAN
08-05-2006, 05:09 AM
yep

your all good then.... just set up an account with your moms credit info. and then print them at home... all good.

Louise
08-05-2006, 05:13 AM
your all good then.... just set up an account with your moms credit info. and then print them at home... all good.
i hope so, thank you so much for the help the last couple of hours i've been trying to think of ways to work around it...and i stupidly never thought of that one

HOTSAUCEMAN
08-05-2006, 05:14 AM
i hope so, thank you so much for the help the last couple of days i've been trying to think of ways to work around it...and i stupidly never thought of that one

ah its all good... i know how important these shows are to everyone... and plus i've noticed your gonna have this show to welcome you to the states. is this going to be your first TOOL show?

Louise
08-05-2006, 05:16 AM
ah its all good... i know how important these shows are to everyone... and plus i've noticed your gonna have this show to welcome you to the states. is this going to be your first TOOL show?
yep i wish it wasn't, i missed them last time they came to australia so getting to see tool for the first time and in america is something i really don't want to miss out on

HOTSAUCEMAN
08-05-2006, 05:19 AM
yep i wish it wasn't, i missed them last time they came to australia so getting to see tool for the first time and in america is something i really don't want to miss out on

you'll definately get tickets... no worries... let us all know what section you score!

i've got 10,000 Days pounding out of my room right now just as a pre-buy warm up... and its early morning. my roommates are prolly pissed... but this is TOOL dammit!!!!!

Louise
08-05-2006, 05:22 AM
you'll definately get tickets... no worries... let us all know what section you score!

i've got 10,000 Days pounding out of my room right now just as a pre-buy warm up... and its early morning. my roommates are prolly pissed... but this is TOOL dammit!!!!!
haha i'm not allowing myself to listen to tool just in case i don't get tickets, its half an hour till their on sale right? Its 11:30pm here

HOTSAUCEMAN
08-05-2006, 05:26 AM
haha i'm not allowing myself to listen to tool just in case i don't get tickets, its half an hour till their on sale right? Its 11:30pm here

yes... just about 30 mins. just remember to not refresh your browser too many times before 10:00am nyc time... or ticketmaster will block you for a few minutes.

you can use this to make sure you are on correct time

http://time.gov/timezone.cgi?Eastern/d/-5/java

Louise
08-05-2006, 05:29 AM
yes... just about 30 mins. just remember to not refresh your browser too many times before 10:00am nyc time... or ticketmaster will block you for a few minutes.

you can use this to make sure you are on correct time

http://time.gov/timezone.cgi?Eastern/d/-5/java

ah ok cool thanks for that, right time set and now i guess we wait...

dumbwhat
08-05-2006, 05:39 AM
anyone know if calling the ticketmaster phone number listed on nassau coliseum site is worth a shot for tickets? or is online the same thing... which would you think is better seats, first come first serve style?

HOTSAUCEMAN
08-05-2006, 05:41 AM
anyone know if calling the ticketmaster phone number listed on nassau coliseum site is worth a shot for tickets? or is online the same thing... which would you think is better seats, first come first serve style?

i believe its all random lottery style... fuck it... try both!

dumbwhat
08-05-2006, 05:42 AM
fuck that i stayed up all night preparing for this, i better get some front row seats

RightInTwo34
08-05-2006, 05:44 AM
good luck everyone!! If by any chance anyone come up with extra tix, and I get none, i'm hoping you can help a girl out. Not GA for obvious reasons that I'm a chick and barely break 5 feet. But I'd definitely be willing to take 2 tix off someones hands if I don't get lucky today. Good luck to all!

I was under the impression the floor would be seated.

Plus, im a big guy, just point out anybody that is making you uncomfortable!

RightInTwo34
08-05-2006, 05:45 AM
fuck that i stayed up all night preparing for this, i better get some front row seats

And you will...

for 1600 bucks each from some online scalper thing

Louise
08-05-2006, 05:49 AM
And you will...

for 1600 bucks each from some online scalper thing
quiet lol don't break what hope i have left....10 minutes

dumbwhat
08-05-2006, 05:50 AM
10 minutes and counting...

RightInTwo34
08-05-2006, 05:52 AM
I remember the days when with 10 minutes to go id be happily waiting on line outside riteaid. I could be anywhere in the line and I knew there was no problem and as long as I wasnt all the way in the back of the line, I would get great seats. Now with 10 minutes to go I want to throw up becuase if I dont act faster then the speed of light (or even if I do) i might get shafted thanks to the simply evil ticket buying process...

edit- because im really tired and I wrote the speed of time when I meant the speed of light

Louise
08-05-2006, 05:54 AM
I remember the days when with 10 minutes to go id be happily waiting on line outside riteaid. I could be anywhere in the line and I knew there was no problem and as long as I wasnt all the way in the back of the line, I would get great seats. Now with 10 minutes to go I want to throw up becuase if I dont act faster then the speed of time (or even if I do) i might get shafted thanks to the simply evil ticket buying process...
yes i much prefer lining up, it beats this! I've never lined up and not gotten ga tickets. The awesome thign was in my local area no ones into the music i like so you just turn up at 6am for a 9am sale and you'd definitely get ga...

dumbwhat
08-05-2006, 05:55 AM
big venue, gotta hope, pray,.. 5 minutes... crunch time

snootyusher
08-05-2006, 06:03 AM
woo hoo! 13th row on the floor. might have gotten even better but it took me a few seconds of looking at the seating options to realize it had floor SEATING and not floor GA (which I do not like for TOOL shows)

Tooletarian
08-05-2006, 06:05 AM
Section 108, Row E. Can't complain, it took me all of 3 minutes. Woo Hoo!!!!

QFirecracker
08-05-2006, 06:07 AM
FLOOR!!!! Section C1 Row 17!

I only got Section 110 but my buddy got Floor so we went with his tickets.

WOOO!!!!

tspope99
08-05-2006, 06:08 AM
2 tix A1 Row 18

Louise
08-05-2006, 06:08 AM
i had freaking FLOOR tickets for Tool and i couldn't even buy them errr i'm soo pissed off right now.
Stupid will call and not having my own credit card

dumbwhat
08-05-2006, 06:09 AM
5 ticks, C1 ROW 3 5.. does that mean row 35?

Louise
08-05-2006, 06:11 AM
5 ticks, C1 ROW 3 5.. does that mean row 35?

yep

snootyusher
08-05-2006, 06:12 AM
i had freaking FLOOR tickets for Tool and i couldn't even buy them errr i'm soo pissed off right now.
Stupid will call and not having my own credit card

why don't you just use TicketFast? The tickets print out on your printer and you just bring them with you. Is that not an option for overseas purchases?

Louise
08-05-2006, 06:14 AM
why don't you just use TicketFast? The tickets print out on your printer and you just bring them with you? Is that not an option for overseas purchases?
nope they only offer you will call nothing else

dumbwhat
08-05-2006, 06:14 AM
anyone know how many rows to the lettered sections hope im not in the very back

YankeeJTC
08-05-2006, 06:15 AM
I just got Section B, row 30. Not bad, but I've still got 2 more friends to get tickets for, and their new waiting in line system was a surprise and a half

RightInTwo34
08-05-2006, 06:18 AM
what a fucking joke

Louise
08-05-2006, 06:18 AM
what a fucking joke
what happened?

undertoes
08-05-2006, 06:20 AM
i could get sec A2 section 38 are these good???!!!

Sharpshooter2k3
Just got C1 ROW 33.... anybody know if these are good seats for my first Tool concert?

snootyusher
if anyone is having trouble keep searching - tickets open up, especially singles. this happens at every big onsale event.

Track 01
08-05-2006, 06:23 AM
Damnit i didnt get great tickets but i didnt get bad I have section 205 row E seats 7-12...floor was sold out except for the last row or 2 in a2 and c2 and those seats i dont like

BottomFeeder
08-05-2006, 06:24 AM
Section 103. Not bad. I would be pissed if there was a GA floor, but since there isn't I don't mind being a little up.

Can't wait!!

RightInTwo34
08-05-2006, 06:24 AM
I shouldnt complain, I got floor tickets for a Tool show so life could be worse, but I got in about 30 seconda after 10 and i ended up with A2 row 36

dloozer
08-05-2006, 06:28 AM
C1 row 20 seat 3. I'm a very happy boy.

MiniTool
08-05-2006, 06:30 AM
2 sets of tickets, one of which I will be selling for FACE VALUE (yet to be determined which set, so don't ask)

FLOOR: A2, row 40, seats 1 and 3

Section 201, row J , seats 11-12

I have no idea how I even got floor. My dad called some weird #.

undertoes
08-05-2006, 06:32 AM
Fuck, so i got Lodge seating how bad are these??

dloozer
08-05-2006, 06:34 AM
Fuck, so i got Lodge seating how bad are these??

eh, not terrible, depends what section you're in. At least you get a full view of the stage and lighting show. Of course depending on where your seats actually are.

undertoes
08-05-2006, 06:39 AM
eh, not terrible, depends what section you're in. At least you get a full view of the stage and lighting show. Of course depending on where your seats actually are.

Section 114. it looks to be on the left of Section C2. I'm looking at coldplay's seating chart cause i can't find Tool. are they the same

eulogys
08-05-2006, 06:41 AM
2 sets of tickets:

sec 228 row B (side stage viewing)
sec 215 row E

Don't know which I'll use, probably 228, the others will be sold at some point after I've made up my mind.

dloozer
08-05-2006, 06:42 AM
Section 114. it looks to be on the left of Section C2. I'm looking at coldplay's seating chart cause i can't find Tool. are they the same

The only difference between coldplay's and the normal end stage plot is that for the end stage, the seats wrap around. But i assume since Tool is heavy on their lighting shows and using video screens etc. so they prolly wont be wrapping around the back.

viti
08-05-2006, 06:48 AM
c1 row 7...very excited

heilig_wissenschaft
08-05-2006, 06:55 AM
i am a very happy camper. I got two tix for me and my girl in Section C1 row 13. Too bad there was no GA like for the camden show. But these tix are great and i can't complain. Has anyone been to the coliseum when there is floor seating? How does this end up working out? Do people rush and try to get in between rows? Thanks in advance for any info.

Nonduality
08-05-2006, 07:08 AM
This sucks. Sec C2 Row 48.

NJsancho
08-05-2006, 07:45 AM
Good lord....
So i was sitting there manning THREE computers, ready to look for tix for Nassau, East Rutherford, and Hartford. Ended up with floor seats for Jersey, and decent seats for Hartford, bot the browser on the damn laptop wouldn't buy into ticketmaster's "waiting in line" refreshing, so it ended up taking me like 15 minutes to use the other computer to find Nassau Tickets. Wound up with section 203, row H, seats 13-14. Can't complain, I'll be there SEEING them. Still, I'm a greedy bastard and hoping for more dates to be released.

new millenium cyanide christ
08-05-2006, 07:46 AM
i need advice.....

ok well somehow most of you managed floor/lower seats...i was online at 10 am and had to wait "15 min in line"....

so, with that said, i managed to get 2 seperate pairs of tix...

325 row A ( right neat the stage, but far up....however, it is the 1st row of the section)...

214 row G

so my question is, even though i've been to nassau like 3 times before, i cant really remember how big it is or if the upper level are good to see a show.......which pair is "better"???

cynikal
08-05-2006, 07:56 AM
ticketmaster blows.. guess you can tell it's my first time dealing with them.. here's a tip to all you people who don't know any better (like i didn't).. it's better to buy tickets at a retail outlet IF and ONLY IF you are the first person on line..

it was a nightmare buying tickets online at nycitycenter (not available via ticketmaster).. took me over an hour (granted i'm still kicking myself for having left when i was there at 5 am passing by the area).. so i figure this time i'll go in person to get tickets..

well i get to the wall st area j&r at 9:15 (store opens at 9:00), i didn't trust FYE's that open at 10 when tickets go on sale then (who knows how long it takes for them to open up, get the ticket ordering systems ready, etc).. but i was already the 4th person on line.. it was this cool philipino rocker kid who's been to like a whole range of rock concerts, this bald chinese guy who liked to joke around and was into tool and apc, and this pimp-style black guy.. gee, spot the scalper!! "one of these 4 doesn't belong.. " uhm. so anyway, guess who was first.. scalper guy!

well as it turns out, #1 on the line, our likely scalping buddy, got 4 tickets together on the floor.. ran out of money to get a 5th ticket..

now the second guy, got floor seats 20 rows back.. and he's only 2nd on the line!

when i finally got to the counter, twice i had the tickets i thought were not that bad be taken away from me before i could purchase them.. i ended up waiting 20 minutes to find two seats together that weren't all that decent anymore (there was no one behind me in line)

so here's the lesson i learned: unless you're first, don't bother going in person.. you have ZERO advantage being there in person unless you're #1 on the line.. i guess the over the counter ticket sales are best mostly for people without internet access (or dumb like me)

sorry if you knew this already but this was a rude awakening and so i ended up getting two single floor seats at nassau for my gf but not together, and two for CAA on the 2nd level :-\

cynikal
08-05-2006, 08:01 AM
i need advice.....
so my question is, even though i've been to nassau like 3 times before, i cant really remember how big it is or if the upper level are good to see a show.......which pair is "better"???

Here's a neat site (http://www.seatdata.com/html/nhl_islanders/pick_section_nhl_islanders.htm) that has venue views for most sports venues.. personally i think playing at a sports venue is rather dumb considering it's designed for a large area of possible action (like a hockey game where you can take more of it in if you're not right up front), for concerts you WANT to be as close as possible.. but i guess they use it because it sits a lot of people

NJsancho
08-05-2006, 08:07 AM
i need advice.....

ok well somehow most of you managed floor/lower seats...i was online at 10 am and had to wait "15 min in line"....

so, with that said, i managed to get 2 seperate pairs of tix...

325 row A ( right neat the stage, but far up....however, it is the 1st row of the section)...

214 row G

You can go here to see a view from each section in the virtual seating tour.
http://nassaucoliseum.com/hockey.htm

Granted, they all point to "center ice", but they give you an idea.

burritt
08-05-2006, 08:46 AM
i'm pretty pissed because i had the website open since 930 and at excatly 10 i refreshed the page put in 3 for floor waited 15minutes just for it tell me that there were no seats available. i wound up in section 220 and this will be my first tool concert, aswell as my first concert of a band that i wanted to go see(usually my friends drag me along to music i don't like)

but at least i'm getting to see them and i really hope i get more oppurunities to go see them

new millenium cyanide christ
08-05-2006, 08:49 AM
You can go here to see a view from each section in the virtual seating tour.
http://nassaucoliseum.com/hockey.htm

Granted, they all point to "center ice", but they give you an idea.

hm, thanks for that...didnt realize the website had that...

um, so like i clicked 325 and it looked like, pretty damn good....and then i clicked 214, and that looked pretty damn good too lol.....im confused.... : /

mellowlikejello
08-05-2006, 09:21 AM
hm, thanks for that...didnt realize the website had that...

um, so like i clicked 325 and it looked like, pretty damn good....and then i clicked 214, and that looked pretty damn good too lol.....im confused.... : /

i got section 214 too (i'm an idiot and didnt get tickets til 11:30)... it looks like that section is right on the side of the stage, think that will be a good view?

and whats up with the no GA situation? it seems like a lot of bands aren't doing GA anymore.

dutchbstrd
08-05-2006, 11:11 AM
I got A2 row 47...Do you know how many rows there are? I mean I'm pretty far back, but I guess I'm still on the floor, right?

Shauny Kass XXX
08-05-2006, 11:18 AM
How the hell did all you guys get floor and loge seats so easily? I refreshed a billion times since 959 hit and at first i got timed out because i refreshed too many times... but I opened up a new browser at about 10:03 and looked for floor seats or lower seats and all i could manage to get was a 15 min wait then nothing, or a short wait and section 200 seats. I ended up getting section 212, row J which i honestly think is a really nice spot to sit. practically dead center, elevated a bit to get a nice view of the light show and stage and all. But still I wanted floor seats if i could've gotten them. and I always seem to have the worst luck but then come to the boards and 15 people have floor seats? I guess i just have horrible luck when it comes to ticketmasters GARBAGE SYSTEM. I also got nice seats to the NJ continental show so I guess I'm happy overall. I got section 128 row 24 for that show. I also have seats for the Camden NJ show section 202. All pretty nice seats... I'm Happy but, fuck ticketmaster. congrats on all your floor seats. :(

Shauny Kass XXX
08-05-2006, 11:20 AM
i got section 214 too (i'm an idiot and didnt get tickets til 11:30)... it looks like that section is right on the side of the stage, think that will be a good view?

and whats up with the no GA situation? it seems like a lot of bands aren't doing GA anymore.

dude the amount of time you waited had no affect on the tickets you got TICKETMASTER IS TERRIBLE AND GIVES YOU RANDOM TICKETS, NEVER ACTUALLY GIVE YOU THE BEST AVAILABLE. I was searching since 10 on the dot and all i got was long waits then nothing, and 200 section seats over and over. I finally settled with 212 which im actually not too disappointed with because i sat in the 200 section for the halloween show in 2002 and it was fantastic.

Track 01
08-05-2006, 01:19 PM
i'm pretty pissed because i had the website open since 930 and at excatly 10 i refreshed the page put in 3 for floor waited 15minutes just for it tell me that there were no seats available. i wound up in section 220 and this will be my first tool concert, aswell as my first concert of a band that i wanted to go see(usually my friends drag me along to music i don't like)

but at least i'm getting to see them and i really hope i get more oppurunities to go see them
My first concert too...dont worry there are no bad seats at NC unless you are behind the stage

Kelly
08-05-2006, 02:47 PM
6 tickets you soft bitches.

crosstrain
08-05-2006, 02:59 PM
A1 row 17.... o my god im having an orgasm!! i cant wait... see you all there fellas.. these seats are much better than what i had at the city center..... i cant wait to feel danny carey's double bass!!

Track 01
08-05-2006, 06:03 PM
do you guys think they will only play their singles because i want them to play more of their hardcore songs like pushit,h.,the grudge or maybe even ticks and leeches(longshot i kno)

Confuzzled
08-06-2006, 07:04 AM
Damnit i didnt get great tickets but i didnt get bad I have section 205 row E seats 7-12...floor was sold out except for the last row or 2 in a2 and c2 and those seats i dont like
Yea I got section 205 also. See ya there.

Louise
08-06-2006, 07:11 AM
Well i now have C1 row 8 tickets which i'm pretty damn happy with...just a little sad that my wallet is a hell of a lot lighter!
See you all there!

moneyisevil
08-06-2006, 02:38 PM
Sept. 28th - Camden, NJ - General Admission/Pit

October 5th - Hartford, CT - Section 5 Row F, Seats 1-3

October 6th - East Rutherford, NJ - Section 231 Row 2, Seats 1-3

October 7th - Uniondale, NY - A1 Row 23, Seats 11-13

NJsancho
08-06-2006, 04:02 PM
Looks like I'll be following Good Ol" JR here all over the place. I didn't have such good luck with tickets, but I'll be on the floor in East Rutherford, which is what I wanted most.

Camden,NJ - Lawn

Hartford, CT - Section 115, row C

East Rutherford, NJ - Section 5, row J

Uniondale, NJ - Section 203, row H

moneyisevil
08-06-2006, 07:04 PM
Looks like I'll be following Good Ol" JR here all over the place. I didn't have such good luck with tickets, but I'll be on the floor in East Rutherford, which is what I wanted most.

Camden,NJ - Lawn

Hartford, CT - Section 115, row C

East Rutherford, NJ - Section 5, row J

Uniondale, NJ - Section 203, row H

nice man, hopefully we can meet up or something and have a drink, dude arent u fucken stoked?????? 4 shows in 10 fucken days!!!!! WOOOOOOOOOO!!!!

habitman
08-06-2006, 07:52 PM
Damn
I guess I got lucky in a sense I am using a crappy wireless connection on vacation in mexico my internet crashed twice but ended up with 2 tixs for sec 115 seat 13-14. Not bad for having to reset twice. Does anyone know how many seats to a row at the venue?

TJBundy
08-07-2006, 03:49 AM
I got two seats in sec 325 row A also, and since i know there are no GA tix (only seats on teh floor) i'm mush happier than i would have been if there were GA standing room tix. The last show at the coliseum was rawkin on the floor, i wonder why they made it seats this time.

i'm also wondering how long those seats will actually last befor all the toolheads decide to knock 'em over and start knocking eachother over. lol. i remember a friend telling me that this happened at the MSG shows in '02. the seats just got torn apart and stuff.

QFirecracker
08-07-2006, 04:52 AM
Tool don't look like they're gonna change their setlist for this tour. Judging by the first two shows in San Diego and Fresno, CA, we'll get pretty much the same songs as on the small venues tour. They're only playing for 1.5 hours. I hope they add songs to their setlist and make it longer!

Confuzzled
08-07-2006, 06:21 AM
Tool don't look like they're gonna change their setlist for this tour. Judging by the first two shows in San Diego and Fresno, CA, we'll get pretty much the same songs as on the small venues tour. They're only playing for 1.5 hours. I hope they add songs to their setlist and make it longer!

Yea I hope that too. I would love for them to play H. or Pushit. However arent we the last date for the tour in the U.S. maybe they'll throw in something special for us.

dloozer
08-07-2006, 07:34 AM
This is what i'm thinking about us being the last tour date. ISIS does not have this show up on their tour page. So maybe it will just be Tool, with an extended setlist. However, i really do think that they will be changing the setlist up. I think that those 2 Cali shows are just more warmups as they head to Hawaii, Asia, and Canada. Once they come back and start playng the huge arenas, they have to re-vamp the setlist.

TJBundy
08-07-2006, 09:23 AM
it would be nice if they revamp the setlist, but don't get your hopes up. (But if you do, hope for The Grudge :)

Track 01
08-07-2006, 09:31 AM
The thought of 3 straight hrs of Tool gives me an erection

dloozer
08-07-2006, 11:12 AM
The thought of 3 straight hrs of Tool gives me an erection

I guess we know what body part typed out that post.

QFirecracker
08-07-2006, 02:00 PM
I seriously hope dloozer and Confuzzled are right and that Tool are still only warming up. I mean I don't mind the setlist they have right now and this will be my first Tool concert but the longer they play, the better it is. When I saw Pearl Jam at East Rutherford in June, they played for almost 2.5 hours. They were aware of the curfew, but couldn't care less about the penalties.

undertoes
08-07-2006, 02:05 PM
i saw them in the City Center. they play only 10(minus LK, makes 9) songs.
That fuckin sucked

dloozer
08-07-2006, 11:13 PM
i saw them in the City Center. they play only 10(minus LK, makes 9) songs.
That fuckin sucked

See, I don't want to make enemies here, but c'mon man. You're seeing Tool. One of the best rock bands ever. They could play that setlist 25 nights in a row, and i would go to every concert. Don't complain about there being a repetitve setlist. We've seen this type of stuff before. When they did the 4 show mini tour for Lateralus they didn't play huge sets. When they got to the arenas, they played massive shows. Don't complain about tool playing similar shows. You're going to see an amazing concert regardless of what they play. I saw them both nights at City Center, and i could not have been more pleased.

Confuzzled
08-08-2006, 06:53 AM
See, I don't want to make enemies here, but c'mon man. You're seeing Tool. One of the best rock bands ever. They could play that setlist 25 nights in a row, and i would go to every concert. Don't complain about there being a repetitve setlist. We've seen this type of stuff before. When they did the 4 show mini tour for Lateralus they didn't play huge sets. When they got to the arenas, they played massive shows. Don't complain about tool playing similar shows. You're going to see an amazing concert regardless of what they play. I saw them both nights at City Center, and i could not have been more pleased.
Ditto. Dont complain about Tool.

Ha. I said ditto.

Track 01
08-08-2006, 07:45 AM
Although i would love to see a little change in the setlist you are right people should be greatful they are getting to see Tool and love what ever setlist they play

Corganschild
08-09-2006, 02:21 AM
Eh, Halloween Tool show would have been a beautiful birthday present to me. :)

I don't mind that they're not playing MSG, minus the fact that it might have been GA.. I don't love it there. I want a ticket to Uniondale, the only thing is that I didn't think the sound was that great either time I went. But still, must get to that show!

Corganschild
08-09-2006, 02:24 AM
Yeah, I agree City Center was one of the best concert experiences I've had. It could have been longer, sure, but every song was special, and when you compare that at a lot of shows, some of the songs you just skip through waiting for the next one to come on.. it's about equal. I remember if I'm right that APC only played 1.5 hour shows when I saw them too. I hope for a few more songs or some changes, but even if it's exactly the same, I'll still be very happy to see Tool again. The energy at their shows is better than most bands I've seen.

YankeeJTC
08-09-2006, 05:29 AM
Yeah I saw APC there as well, although I would expect his band that released 5 (6 if you count Salival) albums to play longer than APC, which was just touring its second cd.

Chronicle0
08-10-2006, 06:31 AM
I got section 105 Seat 9-10--- I wanted floor but then again, hearing the chaos some people go through on the floor makes me feel good about getting really good seats :) [PS i only got these tickets for 56$ /flex]

Has anyone seen them in Nassau? i wonder if the sound will be good.

edit:

oh last question... are the front row seats higher than the floor? because i dont want to see the floor junkie's heads instead of Tool lol I haven't been to Nassau in so long @_@

YankeeJTC
08-10-2006, 10:19 AM
Yeah seats in the lower deck overlook the crowd on the floor, you have no problem seeing the stage

Chronicle0
08-10-2006, 11:08 AM
*phew* that's a relief

edit:

Hmm.. i kind of know the answer to this one but do they sign stuff afterwards? I seriously doubt it.. but was just wondering if i should bring my 10kD CD

Corganschild
08-10-2006, 11:05 PM
*phew* that's a relief

edit:

Hmm.. i kind of know the answer to this one but do they sign stuff afterwards? I seriously doubt it.. but was just wondering if i should bring my 10kD CD

I'd say try it out... I don't know about Maynard but I've heard of the rest of the band signing stuff anyway.. I don't think I'm gonna wait outside to meet them unless my friend wants to, who isn't even a big fan hehe.. so if she drags me to, then I will. I don't know what I'd say to them though.

Just go outside and wait there, don't listen to the security who lie and say the band went home. Most likely they didn't, and eventually they will come out, if they're like most bands I've seen (met).

selectforsocietalsanity
08-11-2006, 09:42 AM
Hmm I would of had a Lower section seat yesterday if I bought the ticket then. Bought it today. I got section 220 Row L Seat 10. From the looks of it Ill still be able to see the stage.

unclewayne
08-11-2006, 03:36 PM
I bought 4 tickets for the Saturday show (section 220). I found out a couple of days later that i have to go to wedding that day. I was wondering if anyone wanted to trade for the Friday show. PLEASE!!!!!!!!!

armmar
08-11-2006, 08:00 PM
Is Isis opening for this show?...It doesn't include this show on their website and it makes me wonder if Tool will play a longer set

<3 Armando

Chronicle0
08-11-2006, 08:42 PM
Oh good point, is there an opening band? I'd rather not have one unless they're remotely close to the mignifiance of Tool.

Track 01
08-11-2006, 09:29 PM
Is Isis opening for this show?...It doesn't include this show on their website and it makes me wonder if Tool will play a longer set

<3 Armando
I asked this 2 pages ago or so and nobody responded...I am going to say longer set no opener

Confuzzled
08-12-2006, 06:28 AM
I like the idea of not having an opener. It means more Tool and a longer set.

fibonacci
08-12-2006, 07:08 AM
ISIS is so fucking amazing, I was really looking forward to seeing them...

*sigh*

moneyisevil
08-12-2006, 12:38 PM
fuck isis imo...not because they are bad...they just happen to be the opening band for tool this time around...fuck opening bands for tool

dunebug81
08-12-2006, 10:33 PM
I'm coming up from Atlanta to see

09-30 Washington, DC
10/02 Wilkes-Barre, PA
10/03 Manchester, PA
10/05 Hartford, CT
10/06 East Rutherford, NJ
10/07 Uniondale, NY

Im driving by myself since my brother cant make it so if anyone needs a ride to-from any of the shows let me know. Im only asking for a little gas money and not to be a psycho.

If you need a ride then drop me a PM or email.

-Greg

ToolGirl
08-14-2006, 07:47 AM
Saw the show in NYC ... Loved it! My 1st TOOL show. Going to Colorado in 2 weeks to see them at the Amphitheatre. Then back home to NJ to see them at the Continental Arena. Although every song they played is great ... I am a little dissapointed in their set list. I know .. no one wants to hear it. But doesn't everyone want to hear some of their older songs? Opiate, Parabola ... etc., etc. LUV TOOL :)

NJsancho
08-14-2006, 09:46 AM
Saw the show in NYC ... Loved it! My 1st TOOL show. Going to Colorado in 2 weeks to see them at the Amphitheatre. Then back home to NJ to see them at the Continental Arena. Although every song they played is great ... I am a little dissapointed in their set list. I know .. no one wants to hear it. But doesn't everyone want to hear some of their older songs? Opiate, Parabola ... etc., etc. LUV TOOL :)

I'm BEGGING to hear Pushit, and just about everyone seems to want to hear new songs, e.g. Wings/10000 Days. I saw my first 2 Tool shows at the city center back in May, and while the set list has so far stayed pretty much the same, I still can't complain. I'm just happy i'll be able to see them play 4 more times. And maybe since this seems to be the last show of the current tour, maybe they'll go out with a bang.

Kelly
08-14-2006, 12:47 PM
Is anyone going to this show that isn't an Islander fan or a hockey fan?

If so, eat shit.

NJsancho
08-14-2006, 02:11 PM
Is anyone going to this show that isn't an Islander fan or a hockey fan?

If so, eat shit.

Hockey is my official religion. I was an Islanders fan until I was about 8 years old. Then I went from loving Mike Bossy to loving Cam Neely. Then I realized New Jersey had its own team.

Isles still mop up the rangers though.

undertoes
08-14-2006, 02:52 PM
I recieved my ticketes in the mail today.

I really hope these motherfuckers play somthing other than their "hits"

Kelly
08-15-2006, 09:05 AM
Hockey is my official religion. I was an Islanders fan until I was about 8 years old. Then I went from loving Mike Bossy to loving Cam Neely. Then I realized New Jersey had its own team.

Isles still mop up the rangers though.

Well atleast youre not a rangers fan, I can deal with Jersey. I feel bad that you have to see concerts at Continental though which is probably the worst venue for concerts imaginable.