PDA

View Full Version : 2006/11/09 - Rotterdam, NLD - Ahoy

swaps
07-25-2006, 09:45 AM
Tool
Ahoy, Rotterdam, Netherlands
Thursday, November 09, 2006

On Sale: Sat, 07/29/06 @ Ticketmaster (http://www.ticketmaster.nl)

Thanks to McRoggles and Hans for the info.

Hans
07-26-2006, 01:26 AM
will be there, plus either the Oberhausen or Paris show (and/or a Belgian show if confirmed) :)

blafuckbla
07-27-2006, 09:37 AM
42,50 euro's+ service costs, what a ridiculous price. and, who oh why in the fuckin AHOY? too big for Tool. pains me to say this smells like selling out a wee bit.

rufas
07-28-2006, 01:29 AM
I'm hoping after my shitty luck getting tickets for the Amsterdam date I will be successful tomorrow morning. Hopefully, this will be within the same week as an Amsterdam date, and my dream holiday will be complete.
Next trip to the dam is very much on hold for Maynard and the crew.
Good luck with getting tickets everybody! I don't think as many people know about this on sale so we should be saved a lot of stress ! ! !

Thomzzzzz
07-28-2006, 01:49 AM
Too big? Can't say, a Perfect Circle was very good as the opener for Deftones a couple of years ago in Ahoy, much better then Deftones also.

Both true, though APC sounded really bad, the sound was very loud and not detailed and precise enough... Ahoy is not a good venue for live gigs, I've seen APC + Deftones there and Incubus, both times the sound was NOT GOOD... I've also seen Tool and Incubus at HMH, witch were both so much better...

I'm not going, seen them twice this year, really like them but I'm 100% sure my night will be fucked up with the awful sound in the Ahoy... too bad...

and no it doesn't smell like selling out, it smells like MOJO CONCERTS wants to make more money after they've seen how popular TOOL still is at Pinkpop and HMH... Tool probably isn't too much involved with where they play, management deals with that kind of stuff!

Hans
07-28-2006, 01:56 AM
I'm hoping after my shitty luck getting tickets for the Amsterdam date I will be successful tomorrow morning. Hopefully, this will be within the same week as an Amsterdam date, and my dream holiday will be complete.
Next trip to the dam is very much on hold for Maynard and the crew.
Good luck with getting tickets everybody! I don't think as many people know about this on sale so we should be saved a lot of stress ! ! !

Don't bet on an Amsterdam date. The tour list says only Rotterdam and on November 8 "Rotterdam or Hannover". But Rotterdam is only one hour by train and you can get back / forth from there every hour of the day.

rufas
07-28-2006, 02:42 AM
... Tool probably isn't too much involved with where they play, management deals with that kind of stuff!

This sadly is the case with most big bands these days.

Yeah, I wont be betting on an Amsterdam date, i think i will start making arrangements tomorrow after i get tickets [fingers and toes crossed].

TotalaTool
07-28-2006, 05:40 AM
I went to Pinkpop in May mainly to see Tool, then bought tickets for HMH in Amsterdam and went there with three friends. When Maynard said he'd see us again in November we all agreed that we'd most definitely go.
I just called my friends and of course they want to go again, so we'll try and get tickets tomorrow. I'll be prepared for awful sound, but still, a Tool concert with awful sound is still better than no Tool concert at all. :D I'd happily pay the admission just to see Danny play.

blafuckbla
07-28-2006, 10:07 AM
when APC played AHOY the sound was fuckin good man. at least from where i was standing (up front in the middle) , but its not that im complaining about, its just too massive to me. i thought it was big enough at the HMH, that was the 6th time Tool for me. and that felt like a 'warm up' show to me, which is always bad cause i believe you should totally give yourself 200% everytime you play a concert. and that night was musically extremely tight and powerful but the soul just wasnt there ALL the time. (meaning Maynard mostly) anyway thats just me, i want to be suprised at a concert and that night on june 27th i wasnt.

rufas
07-28-2006, 12:11 PM
I'd happily pay the admission just to see Danny play.

That is so fucking true.

TotalaTool
07-28-2006, 03:02 PM
That is so fucking true.
In fact, one of the things I remember most vividly about my first Tool concert, which was back in Amsterdam in February 1997, was Danny's huge kit. After that concert I started listening more closely to his work, and I've never since stopped being amazed at how incredibly good he is. I've come to the point where sometimes it happens that I don't like music by some other band just because their drummer sucks, even if the rest is quite good.

Of course, I've always been a huge fan of Maynard's vocals and lyrics, and I've loved Adam's and Justin's (and Paul's before that) work from the day I first got an Undertow tape from my friend.

Anyway, I'm keeping my fingers, toes, eyes and balls crossed, hoping my buddy will be able to buy our tickets tomorrow morning. Tool is the one band I've always been able to relate to and they've pulled me through some rough times in my life, including this past year.
I do really hope they'll play a different set with some other songs, like Ticks and Leeches, Pushit, The Grudge, Triad, Parabola, H., maybe one or two Opiate/Undertow songs besides Sober, and of course the Wings/10,000 Days combo. Oh man, I can't wait!

itsyours2relive
07-28-2006, 03:46 PM
I'll be out waiting in "Assen" to get my tickets tomorrow. Got my Roger Waters tickets there way easier then getting my TOOL tickets in "Groningen".

The APC appearence in AHOY was not to good for me. I liked the music, but not the ambience (thanks to the bad sound in AHOY).

013 and AHOY would be way better, I would have gone to both shows then. APC was way better at the 013 venue. Anyways..

The thing that stinks the most about this (AHOY) venue is the possibility to get back in Groningen... The connection (public transport) sucks....

i'll have another beer, and see I'll you in Rotterdam.

Peace out lads!

rufas
07-28-2006, 11:53 PM
Argh, the ticketmaster.nl website is already showing maximum user notices, a good five minutes before ten, i really don't want this to be a repeat of the Amsterdam show ! !

. . .

YEEEEESSSSS ! !!!!!! !

TotalaTool
07-29-2006, 12:19 AM
Woohooo, five tickets for the arena!!!
The arena tickets are already sold out now...

rufas
07-29-2006, 12:25 AM
I don't think they have right now. I'm so happy. Very bizarre tickets, i have to literally print out a pdf ticket with a barcode. . .Only a few years and I'm sure one day that barcode will instead be on the back of my neck. So now i can book flights from Bristol, and the flying pig . . .
See you down the front !

TotalaTool
07-29-2006, 12:33 AM
I don't think they have right now.
They have. All you can get now are seats somewhere around row 20, to the side of the arena. There are no more free standing/seating tickets for the arena in front of the stage.
Do your pdf tickets say something like "Rang 1 Arena vrij zitten / staan"?

By the way, my buddy bought real tickets and has them in his pocket right now. :D

Niels
07-29-2006, 12:42 AM
YES! 4x ARENA, VLOER Vrij zitten/staan in the pocket!

10:05 Post office Uden. Thx to a dude who bought my 4 with his 2, thank you!

Peace OUT

Hans
07-29-2006, 01:58 AM
ticketmaster.nl still has arena tickets, just keep trying (if people take too long to order, they are re entered for sale again). Plus in the next couple of days / weeks, some tickets might come available again if people don't pick up their reserved tickets.

ryvers
07-29-2006, 02:07 AM
Which tickets are usually more popular ? The arena ones ? I just got an arena ticket at the post office here. I'm a bit afraid of what it'll sound like though. I went to see jamiroquai at north sea jazz last week in ahoy and the sound was so bad, it wasn't even funny.

TotalaTool
07-29-2006, 02:38 AM
Which tickets are usually more popular ? The arena ones ?
Yup.

Hans
07-29-2006, 05:57 AM
Which tickets are usually more popular ? The arena ones ? I just got an arena ticket at the post office here. I'm a bit afraid of what it'll sound like though. I went to see jamiroquai at north sea jazz last week in ahoy and the sound was so bad, it wasn't even funny.

difference is , with North Sea Jazz / several acts on the same night, there is little or no room for soundchecks, as with outdoor festivals. Only headliners like Tool get to soundcheck and the difference between them and other bands (at Pinkpop for example) was noticable.

If there is just one headliner at Ahoy like with Tool in november, the sound will be better compared to North Sea. More over, Tool pays a lot of attention towards that so I guess it won't be a problem. APC sounded great, best sound quality in Ahoy ever (followed by the worst mix with Deftones).

blafuckbla
07-29-2006, 09:11 AM
yeah Deftones fuckin sucked.

Erectus Fatalus
07-29-2006, 10:05 AM
APC sounded great, best sound quality in Ahoy ever (followed by the worst mix with Deftones).

Agree!

I m sure Tool will sound great.

ryvers
07-29-2006, 12:37 PM
I m sure Tool will sound great.

Come to think of it, i'm sure they will. I've seen video's of their 2001 American tour, the one with all the props coming from the ceiling, and most of those were in venue's as big as or bigger than ahoy, so their sound people must have plenty of experience with this kind of venue. Anyway, it's not till november so i'm going to stop worrying about it now :)

Mark Heijblok
08-01-2006, 12:33 AM
I'm also going.. (again). I saw APC also in the same venue.. But i went home halfway across the Deftones. Didn't even bother listening.. I surely hope that the TOOL-technicians know how to make TOOL sound well in Ahoy.

It's difficult, but possible..:) This concert is going to be my fifth TOOL-concert in Holland, so i'll give out free drinks to celebrate this wonderfull event.

raz0r
08-01-2006, 12:42 AM
:(

I couldn't get tickets for this one, as I was away on holiday when the sales started, and only found out the day before, so I couldn't arrange for anyone to get tickets for me.

I know there are still seated tickets available, but the ones on sale right now are right at the back, and having been in almost the exact same seats ticketmaster was offering me for a System of a Down concert a while back, I'm definitely not going for those. You needed binoculars to see anything.

The Amsterdam show was awesome, and I really hpe I'll be able to get tickets for this one. I just know that if I miss out, I'll be missing out on a great setlist.

ryvers
08-02-2006, 01:18 PM
Yeah, that was strange wasn't it, that the pre-sale started two or three days after the date was announced. I actually read about it in het AD, which isn't my usual source of tool related news :)

bliv
08-03-2006, 06:46 AM
Damn fast, yes! I got back home from Italy saturday afternoon and found out about the presale on sunday... So...i guess you all know what to do if you have a spare ticket!

Hans
08-03-2006, 08:18 AM
it is not sold out yet (seating area of both rings still available)...

raz0r
08-03-2006, 06:19 PM
it is not sold out yet (seating area of both rings still available)...
The only seats in the first ring that are left are right at the back.
They're awful seats, they really are.

As soon as you get standing tickets, all you need to do is get there early to get good spots.

And sitting far back means you can't see the band playing so much, and I know I'm going to spend most of the time staring at Danny :)

TotalaTool
08-04-2006, 02:29 AM
I see there are already people who need an Arena Vloer ticket. I may have one extra, since I bought an extra one for a friend who is not yet familiar with Tool's music and who is not sure he wants to take a day off from work to see them.
I've urged him to go and listen, because when I first let him hear some Tool songs a few months back he said he liked them, also because the music somehow reminded him of Rage Against The Machine (I believe we were listening to some Undertow songs then). I'm hoping he'll want to come, but if he doesn't I'll post a message in the ticket hookup thread.

rufas
08-08-2006, 02:03 AM
So, the second night seems to be confirmed as being in Rotterdam as opposed to elsewhere. Does anyone have any ideas as to when tickets will magically appear to economically ruin me further ?!

Hans
08-08-2006, 05:45 AM
So, the second night seems to be confirmed as being in Rotterdam as opposed to elsewhere. Does anyone have any ideas as to when tickets will magically appear to economically ruin me further ?!

Where did you get new info then? The tourlist hasn't changed, still "or Hannover" for November 8. `

raz0r
08-08-2006, 06:04 AM
The way I see it, it's more likely to be in Hannover than in Rotterdam.

The people who make the decisions about which bands to book over at Ahoy are probably waiting to see how well the tickets sell for the 9 November gig, before booking another one. Given how many seated tickets are still available, they're doubting whether they'll be able to sell out two consecutive nights.
The way the Ahoy management see it, why should they book a band that won't be able to sell out all the seated tickets, over one that can?

rufas
08-09-2006, 02:41 AM
Yes, seems i was premature in my excitement. As with the wembley gig, unless this sells out i don't think there will be a second night.

raz0r
08-22-2006, 04:45 AM
Has there been any news on the Ahoy/Hannover gig yet?

It seems to have been removed from the Toolband tour page, and replaced with one in belgium

Hans
08-24-2006, 01:39 AM
i think the tourschedule is fixed now. So, no Hannover or a 2nd Dutch show in early November. I will attend the shows in Rotterdam (Nov 9) and Brussels (Nov 10). And Oberhausen in December. :)

raz0r
09-08-2006, 12:16 PM
I've finally managed to get hold of some tickets, for little more than I would have paid through ticketmaster, and I couldn't be happier.

Looks like I'll be getting there nice and early, like back in july, so I can be right in front of Danny again :D

Has there been any news on whether there will be a support act or not?

Boogie
09-20-2006, 06:21 AM
Let's get this one outta dust... Can't wait to 'experience the new show'! Heard a live version of Wings and though the quality wasn't that great, I think it'll turn out to be yet another diamond in their setlist... My third time to see the band, hopefully they'll be in a good mood and play Eulogy or H ;-)

Surrey Tool
09-27-2006, 01:10 PM
Part I of a 3-date schedule for me. Not at all familiar with the Ahoy. Are the balcony seats good? I think I was lucky to get 1st row about a 1/3rd of the way back from the stage. Part II Dublin on the 22nd (happy birthday to me). Finish up in London at Wembley. Show at Hammersmith (July 13th) was my first and it was awesome. Hoping to get Right in Two one more time as it seems they have cut it from most shows since introducing Wings/10000 Days. Any chance they will play Parabola?

Hans
09-30-2006, 12:19 AM
I guess you have a pretty good spot then. I visit Ahoy every once in a while and 1/3rd from the stage was decent the previous time i saw a band there. (Usually I manage to get arena tickets.) You might be better off this time because of the stage setup with screens on the floor. People standing in the arena (like me) might not see them. I hope Europe gets some other songs on the list. Don't know if Parabola is one of them. :)

raz0r
09-30-2006, 01:10 PM
I guess you have a pretty good spot then. I visit Ahoy every once in a while and 1/3rd from the stage was decent the previous time i saw a band there. (Usually I manage to get arena tickets.) You might be better off this time because of the stage setup with screens on the floor. People standing in the arena (like me) might not see them. I hope Europe gets some other songs on the list. Don't know if Parabola is one of them. :)

Parabola would be nice, but I doubt it'll happen, if you ask me.
If they play The Grudge, or Pushit (preferrably the Salival version) then I could die happy.

Surrey Tool
10-02-2006, 11:50 AM
Parabola would be nice, but I doubt it'll happen, if you ask me.
If they play The Grudge, or Pushit (preferrably the Salival version) then I could die happy.

Pushit would be an awesome addition!

Hans
10-03-2006, 12:19 AM
The only older song that i really want to hear is Third Eye. Apart from that one, I'd like Pushit, Eulogy, 4 degrees or Flood, Cold & Ugly or Part of Me...

Peaceful Moments
10-03-2006, 10:34 PM
Anybody got some tix left? I know I'm a little late but I want to see them for the 2nd time if I can. And I have some cash left after seeing Porcupine Tree in Antwerp.

They only have tickets left for
Categorie: Rang 3 (Excl. Servicekosten)
Niveau: INGANG WEST Vak: CC Rij: 9
Stoel: 39
Which sounds shitty to me, or are they decent seats?

Hans
10-04-2006, 03:59 AM
Anybody got some tix left? I know I'm a little late but I want to see them for the 2nd time if I can. And I have some cash left after seeing Porcupine Tree in Antwerp.

see this site (http://www.ahoy.nl/inc_seatingplan.cfm?aid=647), they are on the opposite end of the stage which is really far away without spectacles. :) On the other hand, you would get a nice view of the stage screens.

raz0r
10-04-2006, 08:48 AM

I had seats in Ad last time I was there, and they were pretty far away. Not as far away as those ones though :/

I managed to get floor tickets (3 of em, for me + 2 friends) off a guy through martkplaats.nl for a few euros more than they were on sale for.

There's always the eBay option, if you're willing to pay-, but there are some good deals every now and then.

Peaceful Moments
10-06-2006, 12:05 AM
I had seats in Ad last time I was there, and they were pretty far away. Not as far away as those ones though :/

I managed to get floor tickets (3 of em, for me + 2 friends) off a guy through martkplaats.nl for a few euros more than they were on sale for.

There's always the eBay option, if you're willing to pay-, but there are some good deals every now and then.

Yeah, I saw some good deals on the net. So if I can get some transport I'll be there.

Peaceful Moments
10-11-2006, 12:17 AM
Whoohoo, two tix!!!

lord idiot
11-08-2006, 10:30 AM
Looking forward to tomorrow.. Keep hoping for a change in the setlist (or wings for that mather) but I think that's not going to happen.. Either way I believe I'm going to have a blast (floor tickets :D)

Mark Heijblok
11-08-2006, 01:41 PM
I will arive around 19.30 in the venue.. my offer of free drinks to anyone still stands.. This is my fifth Dutch Tool Show, and also the first one i'll be seeing with my girlfriend. Hoping to get some special memories 'bout this show.

For anyone wanted to get a free drink, i'll be wearing a "CARS SUCK"-T-shirt. Oh.. and only the first 2 get a free one.. I'm not Sinterklaas..

See you all tomorrow and try to catch some sleep.

raz0r
11-08-2006, 01:47 PM
I'm looking forward to the show tomorrow; I'll be getting there a few hours early to get good spots close to the stage.

Any reports on what set Mastodon are playing?

JamesM
11-08-2006, 11:44 PM
hey all,

I've got an extra floor / arena seat for sale for the show tonight.

40 euros - a bargain.

Call / SMS me on +31 (0) 646391263 if you want it. I can drop it off in the Amsterdam area today - or preferably meet before the show in Rotterdam.

cheers

-James Morrison

Hans
11-09-2006, 12:47 AM
hey all,

I've got an extra floor / arena seat for sale for the show tonight.

40 euros - a bargain.

Call / SMS me on +31 (0) 646391263 if you want it. I can drop it off in the Amsterdam area today - or preferably meet before the show in Rotterdam.

cheers

-James Morrison

just to confirm that this isn't scalping: it is below face value (42.50 excl reservation fees) :)

JamesM
11-09-2006, 01:53 AM
just to confirm that this isn't scalping: it is below face value (42.50 excl reservation fees) :)

thanks Hans - it is infact - a bargain