PDA

View Full Version : 2006/09/09 - Phoenix, AZ - Cricket Pavilion

swaps
07-24-2006, 11:20 PM
Tool
Cricket Pavilion, Phoenix, AZ
Saturday, September 09, 2006

On Sale: Sat, 07/29/06 10:00 AM @ Ticketmaster

Thanks to fortysix_and_tool for the PM about the show.

fortysix_and_tool
07-25-2006, 07:44 AM
Thank you swaps!! Good luck to everyone trying to get reserved seats. See ya there!!

art_C_me
07-25-2006, 08:09 AM
This is going to be quite a day for ME.... my baby girl's 1st birthday and TOOL to top the cake! Hell yea.... See you all there!!

SO-KG

fortysix_and_tool
07-25-2006, 10:12 PM
You can have shotgun, then.

ISIS and Tool...yes!!!! A first for me. : )

Cant wait!!

elburritobandito
07-26-2006, 03:20 PM
is there any presales through toolarmy for any of these dates?

no_name
07-26-2006, 04:59 PM
I am there. Don't look for us though. I will tell you that we will all be in black t'shirts.

Edit: Let's not make the same mistake we made for the show at Gammage.

art_C_me
07-28-2006, 06:35 PM
Just down to less then 24 hrs before tickets go on sale....
I'm stoked.... Gotta get RESERVED!!!

just simulacra
07-29-2006, 06:07 AM
Is ISIS for sure playing in PHX?
They always skip PHX, and for some reason, they're not listed as playing with TOOL in PHX on any website thus far.

BlueHalo
07-29-2006, 07:30 AM
Is ISIS for sure playing in PHX?
They always skip PHX, and for some reason, they're not listed as playing with TOOL in PHX on any website thus far.

yes, isis is playing
http://www.livenation.com/event/getEvent/eventId/243699

Faltering
07-29-2006, 08:21 AM
Hey guys, for those of us who are going to be attempting to purchase tickets via the Ticketmaster...what gives you the best odds of connecting to the server as quickly as possible? What screen should I be waiting at and refreshing? The page where it has a list of ALL the venues, or do I click "Find Tickets", and simply try to refresh as close to the opening time as possible?

And also, several of you have referred to these "reserved" tickets...does that have something to do with the venue set-up? Are some tickets first come first serve, while the rest are guaranteed seating/standing/etc? Or are you guys just trying to say you really wanna' get some freaking tickets? Hahah, well, let me know, please, if any of you know, and happen to be checking back here frequently, until 10 AM rolls around.

9:18...man...never seen Tool before...missed them by a mile when they came for the Gammage...it'd be nice to get to this show...

I mean, I would think that the chances of getting tickets would be higher, seeing as how the venues are larger this time, correct?

Or is the Cricket Pavillion no bigger than the Gammage? Hmmm...anyway...if anyone can get back to me, I'd appreciate it.

Good luck to everyone trying to get some tickets.

just simulacra
07-29-2006, 09:16 AM
So, that sold out unbelievably fast.
Anyone with FLOOR tickets willing to help a crying fan?

no_name
07-29-2006, 09:18 AM
I got my tickets this time. Thank you LORD! Sec. 205. $55 tickets, not bad compared to the 400 i paid for gammage. Enjoy the show everyone!!!

dddaaannn93
07-29-2006, 09:24 AM
I don't think there are any floor tickets, and it is not sold out yet. I got 204 Row BB......not bad.

taxicabgod
07-29-2006, 09:29 AM
there are still pairs in the 200 sections. you just gotta keep trying
this was the shittiest i've done in awhile for tix.
i hit send at 10 and got caught up in thier waiting game for 10 minutes to get 202vv. i'm not even going to this as i'll be in vegas for my fantasy football draft.
i was just scoring a pair for my boy mike.

AlmostOK
07-29-2006, 09:37 AM
FYI -- anyone who can't get through Ticketmaster's server, try www.livenation.com
Ticketmaster booted me to a 15 minute wait at 10:00:00 AM.... but Live Nation's site had better seats available anyways! :)

See ya all there

-A

HanInCarbonite
07-29-2006, 09:45 AM
Was it even possible just for the general public to get floor tickets or row 1??, I refreshed the ticketmaster page till you could select how many tickets you wanted and other criteria (at 9:59ish) and still got row 202. 5 years ago when they played the pavillion, pretty much the same thing (row 203). All these good seats had to have been reserved or maybe only available standing in line at an outlet. Anyway, I got my tickets for the ball on 9-9..........how's everyone else make out?

Faltering
07-29-2006, 09:47 AM
Heh, I had 3 browsers working on Ticketmaster at once, and I got through with suprising success...I managed to TEMPORARILY reserve tickets in the left side of the venue, rows 100-105...something like that...if I had known Ticketmaster happened to be a prick, and cancelled your spot if you took too long, I would've been hustling a little more...except I had to go through the complications of getting the credit card info, which wasn't mine to begin with...

So, as it stands, I'm in Section 205, Row QQ. Better than nothing I suppose...but for a first time Tool show...would've been nice to have that extra section up for the better view...alas...

Damn, what was the best tickets any of you guys managed to score? Anyone in the 100s?

Heh, compared to what happened with the Gammage, I'm astounded that there's still tickets to be had.

Anyone still looking for tickets will probably have some luck, but the seating will be in the 300s.

Edit: I take that back...there's still tickets from the 200s...heh, some of them that are still up are better than the ones I got...but oh well, what can you do, right?

no_name
07-29-2006, 10:32 AM
I just did a search for ONE ticket best available seating and got this one...

We're holding these tickets just for you. Please complete this page within 2:00 minutes.
After 2:00 minutes, these tickets will be released for others to buy.
Event
Tool
Cricket Pavilion, Phoenix, AZ
Sat, Sep 9, 2006 08:00 PM
Your Ticket(s)

Section Row Type Ticket Price Convenience Charge Description
201 VV FULL PRICE TICKET US $55.00 US $9.55
PRICE LEVEL 1
LEVEL 2 OF 3 * SECTION 201 - 205
HOUSE RIGHT FACING STAGE
RESERVED SEATING

Seat: 34 | seating chart

Thanatopsis
07-29-2006, 11:56 AM
Was it even possible just for the general public to get floor tickets or row 1??
Yes, it was <a href="http://home.comcast.net/~jawamboldt/phoenixtickets.jpg"></a>

domer88
07-29-2006, 11:59 AM
Hello.. DEFFINTLY use live nation.. Ticket master was giving me lawn.. I just got 2 tickets in 204 secttion qq, not bad at all really.. Its hard as fuck to get any decent ticket at cricket, I have never been able to get anything out of the 200 section..
Good luck!

taxicabgod
07-29-2006, 04:49 PM
almost 8 hrs later and livenation still has a better pair available than i got at 10:10am.

elburritobandito
07-29-2006, 05:32 PM
I got section 202 row KK. I bought off live nation right at 10am. Ticketmaster had a 15 minute wait, but when it came back, I got 202 row DD. I had already purchased the row KK seats. I got 4, I wish I had bought 2 pairs of 2. Probably would have gotten better seats.

So is the 100 section pre-sold to brokers or what? Do any real people have seats for this section?

This show is going to be fantabulous.

elburritobandito
07-29-2006, 05:36 PM
any latecomers should check live nation.. they still have 200's seating as of 6:35.
================================================== ========
YOU HAVE 5 MINUTES TO COMPLETE YOUR PURCHASE
After 5 minutes these tickets/items will be released

Caution: If you use the back button from this page you WILL lose these tickets.

Please Review Your Ticket Selection
Event Venue Section Row Seat Note Price Promotion Remove
TOOL 9/9/06 8:00 PM Cricket Pavilion - Phoenix, AZ 201 PP 30 INCL TAX+PRK FEE $55.00
TOOL 9/9/06 8:00 PM Cricket Pavilion - Phoenix, AZ 201 PP 29 INCL TAX+PRK FEE $55.00

Dog_Si_Dranyam
07-30-2006, 12:17 AM
I got 4 lawn tickets with my friends. I ain't complaining, it's fucking Tool! I've never been to the Cricket so I have no idea how good the view is, though. My buddy says it's decent, especially for $30.

Faltering
07-30-2006, 02:06 AM
I got section 202 row KK. I bought off live nation right at 10am. Ticketmaster had a 15 minute wait, but when it came back, I got 202 row DD. I had already purchased the row KK seats. I got 4, I wish I had bought 2 pairs of 2. Probably would have gotten better seats.

So is the 100 section pre-sold to brokers or what? Do any real people have seats for this section?

This show is going to be fantabulous.

Had a shot at 100s, but lost them because I took too long getting the credit info. Got 205's now...an entire section back, but, nothing to be done about it now.

MikeBalzary
07-30-2006, 10:34 AM
On ebay, if it says they have pit tickets, is it legit? or am I gonna get screwed.

PS I already have tickets in section 203 row bb. not bad eh

just simulacra
07-30-2006, 12:24 PM
I got pit tickets from ebay.
I'll tell you how that worked out when they're in my hand.
Or...not in my hand.

begmetostay
07-31-2006, 07:40 AM
Guys I was on at 10 on the dot and got nothin. I tryied everything. I REALLY need 2 tickets. The only tickets I won't get is lawn. I had a bad experience with lawn seats before. If ANYONE has ANYTHING that they want to sell at a little profit I want to buy. I just cannot afford scalper prices. PLEASE PLEASE PLEASE. I'm a big fan, it would be great if someone helps me out. Thanks guys.

begmetostay
08-01-2006, 01:26 PM
also has anyone been to the place before? How is the seating, sound, building? I can't find any pictures or reviews directly about the place

PhillyBoyTempe
08-01-2006, 06:46 PM
Man after reading all these threads, I feel like a lucky bastard. I was able to land a Section 101 ticket. I later went back and bought at Section 205 seat. I can't fucking wait!

Cardinal_Syn
08-01-2006, 08:52 PM
Well i was bidding on some ebay tickets but got outbid. I didnt feel like paying 200 bucks plus on 2 awsome seats which i only needed one. Wopuld have been nice 203 AA's. Awsome seats in the house.. Gratz on whomever outbid me. Bastage! :P

But i have found some decent 202 kk's for a decent amout. There are a crap load of tickets left if you search the interweb. But most you will have to buy 2.

See you all at the concert. Arizona Bay, FTW!

fortysix_and_tool
08-03-2006, 02:06 PM
unfortunately, i was not able to get tickets YET! most likely i'll have to settle
for lawn tickets...oh well, at least i'll still be going and i'll be taking my 10 yr old
son for his first tool show...and isis to boot!!! cant wait!!

maybe i can TRY winning tickets from k-pud.

see ya all there tho!!

art_C_me
08-04-2006, 11:52 AM
Whoa.... I was lucky to have gotten my sec.104 ticket.....
August will fly by and before you know it.... Sept will be here, then the show, then just hours, then the line and WHAM - THE SHOW! See you all there....

SO-KG

no_name
08-07-2006, 07:57 PM
Well, where the fuck is the poat show party going to be?

fortysix_and_tool
08-12-2006, 03:08 PM
Cool, I think I found section 202 tickets for my son and I. Find out tonight!!!

Hydroburn42
08-12-2006, 07:49 PM
fortysix and tool, you are the guy who won the tickets on the radio to the gammage show, right? If you, or anyone, still need tickets, go to www.livenation.com. just search for 1 ticket, best available, and section 302 or 304 will come up. click search again and do the same thing. if you have done it right, the original ticket will still be there, plus an additional ticket. reserved seating is not sold out yet, its just that there are gaps between the two tickets. right now i can get 2 in the 300s section, row b or d or something, that are one seat apart. all you have to do is ask the person in the middle to switch.

for anyone who does have tickets; I have two, together, in section 201 near the back that i bought from a ticketmaster outlet. i have been thinking about possibly trading these for two better tickets, so pm me if you have an offer. i am a little wary though, because every single tool concert i have attempted to attend, something happens and i dont get to go. so this will be my first tool concert, and i dont know if i want to chance it.

fortysix_and_tool
08-12-2006, 11:44 PM
No, HB42, I think the person you are thinking about was the lucky guy from Tucson. I wish tho, that was me. I did get tickets tonight from a decent person and was only charged $140 for section 202 tickets. So my son and I will be in attendence for sure!!
I cant wait for this show. I wish I could only have my son's perspective that night. I too would be blown away for sure. He knows ISIS a little bit from what we listen to, so LIVE, we should both pee in our pants!! Cant wait!!! See you guys there!!!

fortysix_and_tool
08-14-2006, 03:02 PM
Well, I got our tickets. Section 202 Row VV !!! Bring on 9/9. See ya all there. : )

begmetostay
08-16-2006, 11:50 AM
I finally got tickets to. I'm going to be taking my dad to the show. I just hope some idiot doesn't ruin the experience for him. I was at Gammage and all I can say is "holy fuckin shit" it was amazing. The sound was perfect, the guys next to me and my friend were really nice and the experience was moving. I just hope this show can be that perfect. Wish i could see a pic of the inside of the place though. I have no idea what it looks like.

The_Pati3nt
08-16-2006, 01:13 PM
I finally got tickets to. I'm going to be taking my dad to the show. I just hope some idiot doesn't ruin the experience for him. I was at Gammage and all I can say is "holy fuckin shit" it was amazing. The sound was perfect, the guys next to me and my friend were really nice and the experience was moving. I just hope this show can be that perfect. Wish i could see a pic of the inside of the place though. I have no idea what it looks like.

Cricket Pavilion is pretty cool - I've been to probably 10 shows there. It's a huge, amphitheater type setup, with grass up top in the "general" area, and down low, the seated area is all covered by a huge metal structure.

Not my pic - but a decent one from the general admission area...

http://smg.photobucket.com/albums/v324/another_guy/Shows/Ozzfest/?action=view&current=84541899909.jpg

...and here from the seats - probably in the back of the 200 section

http://i109.photobucket.com/albums/n70/lannette27/Arizona_Photo_s_011.jpg

The sound is usually REALLY good in there - just went to Ozzfest and had my face ripped off my System of a Down and many others.

Anyway, have fun - I'll be in the PIT!!! Hopefully it will have cooled off by then...we almost all caught on fire at Ozzfest!

begmetostay
08-17-2006, 09:59 AM
Thank you so much for the pics! I couldn't find any. I got seats in the lower part of 204 if that's what it looks like then it'll be great. Thanks again.

whooz
08-18-2006, 01:47 PM
I'm wondering how crappy are lawn tickets gonna be? I have some friends going that I can join, and they just have the $30 lawn tickets. I've never seen Tool live before and I don't want my first time to suck. What do you guys think?

begmetostay
08-18-2006, 11:48 PM
honestly, the one tool show I went to I could see Danny play very well. The videos are great and the music is great but being able to watch whem play was the best part for me. I could have gotten lawn but I paid 260 bucks to SEE them. That's just my 2 cents.

begmetostay
08-19-2006, 12:04 AM
by the way does anyone have their tickets yet? I had to buy mine on stubhub and I haven't gotten mine in yet.

fortysix_and_tool
08-21-2006, 11:01 AM
Man, its getting closer. I'm getting excited, especially knowing "Right In Two" was played at the 8/19 Honolulu show. I so want to hear that one live. : )

dclxvi-qas
08-22-2006, 08:30 AM
I have been a lurker in this forum, not wanting to sign up until now... ive read alot, skipped alot, laughed alot and have been disgusted alot... but over all... this is a nice forum.

I only have one question.

Since Red radio KUPD is advertising this event... what special amenities does one get when you are spotted wearing a KUPD or ZIA or whatever shirt it was you buy??? On the KUPD website it lists upgraded tickets to backstage passes... is that true?

anyone? help out a noob?

thanks...

arizona bay baby!

dclxvi-qas
08-22-2006, 08:37 AM
Oh sorry... sec 301 row D

crappy seats but seats nonetheless!

See you all there!

fortysix_and_tool
08-22-2006, 11:28 AM
I have been a lurker in this forum, not wanting to sign up until now... ive read alot, skipped alot, laughed alot and have been disgusted alot... but over all... this is a nice forum.

I only have one question.

Since Red radio KUPD is advertising this event... what special amenities does one get when you are spotted wearing a KUPD or ZIA or whatever shirt it was you buy??? On the KUPD website it lists upgraded tickets to backstage passes... is that true?

anyone? help out a noob?

thanks...

arizona bay baby!

I'm pretty sure upgraded tickets and maybe a chance to go back stage are the norm for getting caught wearing a kupd shirt. Never tried sporting a kupd shirt, tho.

I was thinking of trying this time around...maybe...maybe.

dclxvi-qas
08-24-2006, 06:40 AM
16 more days...

Fuck man...

Tonight is the Calgary show, wonder if anything new is gonna be unveiled. I was wondering when someone will post a pic of the new stage, im just curious.

Dang,

16 days.

begmetostay
08-24-2006, 03:36 PM
I know dude I'm counting them down to!!! I'm way to excited for it to be 2 weeks from now.

dclxvi-qas
08-25-2006, 08:34 PM
im just trying to keep the phx show on the front page...heh

2 more weeks!

cant imagine how 2 hours would feel.

dang

Well there is almost no activity on this thread...

i guess no one is stoked ... yet.

too busy worrying about the baseline killer i guess. heh

2 weeks!

whooz
08-25-2006, 10:35 PM
I'm stoked!

Hopefully it doesn't rain. :(

dclxvi-qas
08-25-2006, 10:48 PM
rain or shine, piss or poop, ill be there.

hey you have any idea how the pit tickets will look on the internet tickets?

i could give my seats to someone else if i end up in the pit, i have 301 seats.

whooz
08-26-2006, 09:47 AM
rain or shine, piss or poop, ill be there.

hey you have any idea how the pit tickets will look on the internet tickets?

i could give my seats to someone else if i end up in the pit, i have 301 seats.

"Give?"

Dibs on free tickets!

dclxvi-qas
08-29-2006, 07:03 AM
yawn...

11 days.

getting hard to concentrate here at work... i wish i didnt have to perform brain surgery this morning.

haha

sec 301 doesnt sound that bad anymore considering that some people mentioned that the higher up one is, the better the view for the visuals.

does anyone know how many seats in the row sec 301 has?

anyone?

anyone?

fortysix_and_tool
08-29-2006, 08:39 AM
yawn...

11 days.

getting hard to concentrate here at work... i wish i didnt have to perform brain surgery this morning.

haha

sec 301 doesnt sound that bad anymore considering that some people mentioned that the higher up one is, the better the view for the visuals.

does anyone know how many seats in the row sec 301 has?

anyone?

anyone?

The 300's dont have many rows (A - F?) but do have a lot of seats per row, maybe 50+.

begmetostay
08-29-2006, 12:05 PM
It's a countdown guys. I have the hardest class load I have ever had this term at college but all i can think about is this concert. I can't wait to be sitting there watching the stage and then 4 guys materialize and the crowd goes crazy and you know it in your gut.... yeah, your mind is about to be blown.

fortysix_and_tool
08-30-2006, 10:57 AM
I'm sooooo ready!!!! I'm getting goose bumps thinking about it. My son is going to be blown away!!! That makes me even more happy to be there that night. I need to burn a cd with the songs they've been performing night after night, so he can get familiar with them and will know them when he hears them played.

Along the set list line, does anyone think Phx, will we get something specail this time around again? At the Gammage show, we were the only city in the U.S., I think, to have Lipan Conjuring played. And during the Lateralus tour we got to see Danny's nephew's high school drum line play on stage. I hope we get something alittle different. Will see...the show will still kick ass tho!!! : )

begmetostay
08-30-2006, 11:23 AM
I don't know if there will be something special. In another reviews they said someone on the inside says they have been practicing The Grudge and Wings. Whether they will be playing it by the time they get here I don't know but most likely they will add it sometime. I am DYING to see wings, it's so beautiful. Fortysix were you at the gammage show? I was and that lipan Conjuring start was a nice ease into the concert.

dclxvi-qas
08-30-2006, 11:42 AM
i doubt they will play anything different until maybe halfway thru this leg of the tour.

Im all set to hear the same set list ive been reading about since they began touring. Im sorta glad now that i didnt shell out all that cash to watch them at the Gammage since its basically the same this time around, with the exception of the visuals.

but enough about the set list... i think ive read so much about it that im sick of hearing about it now. Setlist this, setlist that... Im just glad i paid the actual cost of the show instead of going all out and paying hundreds for a tour thats not bound to change anytime soon.

But fuck man, still, i am fucking stoked!!!

10 days!

Its gonna be a fucking scorcher in phx, but thats ok.

hey any Natives going to this thing???

Gonna have a TOOL 49er?

hahahaha, now thats all fuckn rez....

stop while im ahead.

begmetostay
08-30-2006, 12:32 PM
dude, I honestly don't care that the setlist didn't change much. I would say you still should have been at gammage because that show was so perfect, the sound was crisp as hell. I ended up paying pretty hard for this show but it's been long enough from the last one that it'll be just as fresh. Perhaps if I had seen them 5 times before I would be tired of it, either way I'm even more excited about this one then the gammage one. Probably because I know how amazing Tool shows can be.

fortysix_and_tool
08-30-2006, 12:36 PM
I don't know if there will be something special. In another reviews they said someone on the inside says they have been practicing The Grudge and Wings. Whether they will be playing it by the time they get here I don't know but most likely they will add it sometime. I am DYING to see wings, it's so beautiful. Fortysix were you at the gammage show? I was and that lipan Conjuring start was a nice ease into the concert.

Yeah, I was at Gammage, was up top but you could see everything so it wasnt that crappy being up there. Had a blast that night!!! : )

i doubt they will play anything different until maybe halfway thru this leg of the tour.

Im all set to hear the same set list ive been reading about since they began touring. Im sorta glad now that i didnt shell out all that cash to watch them at the Gammage since its basically the same this time around, with the exception of the visuals.

but enough about the set list... i think ive read so much about it that im sick of hearing about it now. Setlist this, setlist that... Im just glad i paid the actual cost of the show instead of going all out and paying hundreds for a tour thats not bound to change anytime soon.

But fuck man, still, i am fucking stoked!!!

10 days!

Its gonna be a fucking scorcher in phx, but thats ok.

hey any Natives going to this thing???

Gonna have a TOOL 49er?

hahahaha, now thats all fuckn rez....

stop while im ahead.

I doubt they'll change the set list either, and I dont mind at all. I'm just hoping out loud that they'll do something alittle special for us like they seem to sometimes do.
I can always wish.

As far as Native, your reading one right here. : )

I'll be there with my son, artCme (tdn'r), and my brother. We couldnt get 4 tickets together so, LOL, we're all in different seats, except for me and my son, his gonna be right next to me!!!! : )

Tailgate parties is where lots of folks will be, from what I hear. Maybe, we'll be at one there. Not sure.

dclxvi-qas
08-30-2006, 01:34 PM
As far as Native, your reading one right here. : )

I'll be there with my son, artCme (tdn'r), and my brother. We couldnt get 4 tickets together so, LOL, we're all in different seats, except for me and my son, his gonna be right next to me!!!! : )

Tailgate parties is where lots of folks will be, from what I hear. Maybe, we'll be at one there. Not sure.

just me and my wife going, kinda hoping to give that common "1,000 yard head nod" to fellow natives there.

I was thinking about taking my daughter but shes 3 and i dont know if its appropiate yet. Probably get told to have a ticket for her also. Shes always singing her "Tool Song" (the first 1/4 of The Pot).

49ers... hahaha.

break out the Pendelton and warm Shasta cola.

begmetostay
08-30-2006, 03:13 PM
"Yeah, I was at Gammage, was up top but you could see everything so it wasnt that crappy being up there. Had a blast that night!!! : )"

I was on the top to. About 5 rows off of the edge and almost right in the middle. Were you in the general area? If so then you almost def saw me. I sat almost the entire time but you couldn't mistake me because i was MOVING the the entire time. Extreme swaying I guess you could say heh. I made sure the people beside me were ok with it but I was dead tired after that show. My friend next to me was black. Black people in phoenix aren't all that common and a black Tool fan in phoenix is even less common. Did you see us?

dclxvi-qas
08-31-2006, 11:53 AM
to anyone thats been to the other shows... do they normally have a VIP lounge? Anyone know the price?

thanks.

9 days!!!

Hopefully Cricket doesnt run into those problems that other reviewers are writing about at other venues such as nonexistent parking, opening gates late, long "refreshments" lines and retards in general.

im gonna sneak a disposable camera in... hopefully i dont get caught.

9 days!

fortysix_and_tool
08-31-2006, 12:41 PM
"Yeah, I was at Gammage, was up top but you could see everything so it wasnt that crappy being up there. Had a blast that night!!! : )"

I was on the top to. About 5 rows off of the edge and almost right in the middle. Were you in the general area? If so then you almost def saw me. I sat almost the entire time but you couldn't mistake me because i was MOVING the the entire time. Extreme swaying I guess you could say heh. I made sure the people beside me were ok with it but I was dead tired after that show. My friend next to me was black. Black people in phoenix aren't all that common and a black Tool fan in phoenix is even less common. Did you see us?

Dude you had to be pretty close to me. I was up top, like five rows from the last and just right of center. Funny. I was standing the whole time, I cant sit at a Tool show, I dont mosh around tho, I just like to stand there and head bang alittle bit in my own little space. : )

to anyone thats been to the other shows... do they normally have a VIP lounge? Anyone know the price?

thanks.

9 days!!!

Hopefully Cricket doesnt run into those problems that other reviewers are writing about at other venues such as nonexistent parking, opening gates late, long "refreshments" lines and retards in general.

im gonna sneak a disposable camera in... hopefully i dont get caught.

9 days!

I dunno about the VIP deal, I would imagine they'd have something.

Cricket does a good job, at least for the shows that I've been to there.

I hope you get to sneak in the camera!! I gots dibs on copies of them dude!! LOL
Just IM me. : )

The_Pati3nt
08-31-2006, 01:56 PM
just me and my wife going, kinda hoping to give that common "1,000 yard head nod" to fellow natives there.

I was thinking about taking my daughter but shes 3 and i dont know if its appropiate yet. Probably get told to have a ticket for her also. Shes always singing her "Tool Song" (the first 1/4 of The Pot).

49ers... hahaha.

break out the Pendelton and warm Shasta cola.

Dude....this is ridiculous. I'm also an AZ Native, my wife and I are going, and we have a 3 year old daughter (3 in Sept) who's favorite song is The Pot. I watch her sing the hell out of it in the rear view mirror while we drive around. Coolest thing I've ever seen. (she's sitting this show out) Prior to the release of 10,000 days, her favorite song was "Them Bones" by Alice in Chains. Insane.

Speaking of insane, I've got an insane feeling about this show - and I'm never wrong about these things.

Anyway, we'll be in the Pit, hopped up on Caduceus (and maybe cannabis), reciprocating telekinetic energy via a virtual portal into the Unicursal Hexagram. ; )

See you all there - Be Patient

dclxvi-qas
08-31-2006, 02:14 PM
im gonna have to record a small clip of her singing and post it. haha

i think alot of kids like that song.

im sure there are other parents who have noticed this.

Im really trying to listen to something else other than TOOL the next 9 days... then we have a 5 hour drive ahead of us on the 9th to get to the show, and i will most definitely play other stuff then also.... but man it has been hard... really hard.

9 DAYS!!!

begmetostay
08-31-2006, 02:56 PM
The coors concert was an amphitheater and people said they had a cap on the speakers so they wouldn't get to loud. Since the place is in the city does anyone know if cricket does the same thing? How is the sound there? At gammage that bass came on before they started and i felt it good in my gut. I wanna feel that again. Anyone know?

The_Pati3nt
09-01-2006, 07:51 AM
The coors concert was an amphitheater and people said they had a cap on the speakers so they wouldn't get to loud. Since the place is in the city does anyone know if cricket does the same thing? How is the sound there? At gammage that bass came on before they started and i felt it good in my gut. I wanna feel that again. Anyone know?

There are no sound restrictions at the venue, (it sits on a huge piece of land pretty far from the nearest residential neighborhoods) and most of the shows that I've been to there have sounded GREAT, and LOUD.

dclxvi-qas
09-01-2006, 09:25 AM
i went there for ozzfest one year, it was pretty damn loud. i havent been back there since 2003, doesnt anyone know if the entire seated area is covered now? or is it still the same.

how many entrances are there?

dang, 8 more days!

i would have figured that there would be more posts than this for a city the size of phx. same 3 - 4 users are posting.

kether4602
09-01-2006, 09:46 AM
So excited. My friend and I just got 2 tickets (ebay). Section 102 row H. Paid more than i wanted to, but i'd pay anything to see Tool. I have a good feeling about this concert.

fortysix_and_tool
09-01-2006, 09:55 AM
I dont think they've changed anything as far as the awning (or whatever you call it) is concerned.

I think there are still only two enterances, one on the east and west side. Havent been there in a while either.

As far as the posts, I know. Guess not many diehard Toolies in AZ that know of ToolNavy or Toolshed for that matter...I guess. Neways...one week tomorrow people!!!! : )

art_C_me
09-01-2006, 11:05 AM
OH HELL.... We're down to a week.... this is where the TOOL jams are cranked and your blood starts flowing a little faster... YEAP! I've been staring at my ticket since the day I got it in the mail. Grrr..... I'm stoked! Give me some HELL YEA's!!!! Let's turn up the noise in here..... \../ Tosh

fortysix_and_tool
09-01-2006, 11:20 AM
OH HELL.... We're down to a week.... this is where the TOOL jams are cranked and your blood starts flowing a little faster... YEAP! I've been staring at my ticket since the day I got it in the mail. Grrr..... I'm stoked! Give me some HELL YEA's!!!! Let's turn up the noise in here..... \../ Tosh

Hi!! Buster!! : )

dclxvi-qas
09-01-2006, 11:30 AM

Hell Yea!

Dang one frickin week left... Im glad this comng week is gonna be a 3 day week for me. Im off Friday and Monday.

The rest of the week, i probably should just take off also since i really wont be of any use.

begmetostay
09-01-2006, 02:00 PM
I'm suprised there hasn't been a lot of posting either. But our hit count is about right. Maybe the AZ Tool fans just don't post much. I have no idea. Either way I know what your talking about art. My tickets came in from stub hub on tuesay and I called them twice before that to make sure they were still def being shipped and when. Ever since I got I've been lookin at them. SOOO close! I just can't wait until the lights go out and the crowd goes nuts.

art_C_me
09-01-2006, 02:12 PM
OH.... I know that feeling....I was like that at my FIRST TooL show, back in May of this year. At ASU Gammage... the lights went down, and I felt a shake in my knees..hee... I was SOOOO into the show... and I know I'm going to be so into this one too. Talk about lifting spirits..... WHOA! Hey, I haven't heard anything as of today, but how close is it to being sold out? anyone????

just simulacra
09-02-2006, 10:02 PM
i went to coachella, and saw the identical set at street scene [and got crushed ...] ... i missed gammage because my best friends wedding fell on the same day [oh, fates ...] but i've got pit for this show. and if they don't change the set list up a little bit, i am going to hurl a javelin through maynards tiny torso.

begmetostay
09-03-2006, 05:14 AM
good luck gettin the javelin through security. Try using your sock.... everyone is using that one. :)

I know that 100% they are adding 10,000 days and 10% The Grudge. I just don't know 100% they will be playing it at OUR show.

Cardinal_Syn
09-03-2006, 06:25 PM
Man i am totaly getting excited as well. I see you guys counting down. 6 more days! Oh hell yeah. I hope we get ot hear Wings. It would be a nice new mix. Maybe it will help out his vinyard if they played it. The day after the show i plan to hit the springs area to get me a few bottles.

Enjoy the show guys! Also ,thats awsome to see youngins belting out the lyrics to The Pot. :>

begmetostay
09-04-2006, 12:29 AM
5 more days

begmetostay
09-04-2006, 02:30 AM
just wait.... can you smell that? yeah, that's the smell of potheads over the entire city getting ready for this show. yeah.... get ready.

dclxvi-qas
09-05-2006, 07:00 AM
Shit! 4 Days!

Damn this is gonna be a long long week.

So finally people begin to post here.

This is killing me...

4 days

kether4602
09-05-2006, 10:17 AM
It is going to be a VERY good show. Just like Gammage was.

fortysix_and_tool
09-05-2006, 10:46 AM
It is going to be a VERY good show. Just like Gammage was.

I'm thinking the same thing!!

So glad its a short work week!!! Bring it on Tool, we're so ready!!!

Anyone notice 98 kupd is now playing "The Pot"? Sweet!

dclxvi-qas
09-05-2006, 11:15 AM
ill bring a blowdart gun.

hehe

they still giving away tickets to the show?
We dont get KUPD reception up north so that sucks, we have to make do with our shitty Gallup "rock" station.

Whats so rock about playing Bat Country or any other numetal trash 15 times a day.

$40 teeshirts,
$8 beers
$120 Gas
115 degree heat

1.5 hours with TOOL

Better frickin be priceless...

begmetostay
09-05-2006, 03:16 PM
$40 teeshirts,
$8 beers
$120 Gas
115 degree heat

1.5 hours with TOOL

Better frickin be priceless...

LOL, very good.

no_name
09-05-2006, 07:31 PM
Well, I'm ready for this show. I am taking a friend of mine who is into a lot of mainstream rock music and has been for years. But I am getting him to go to the show with me. He was at Coachella with me but hasn't seen a real tool show. I am glad they have changed the stage production somewhat and I am looking forward to that as well. From what reviews i have read it looks like this new setup is geared more for the upper deckers like me. SEE YOU AT THE SHOW!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

begmetostay
09-06-2006, 12:15 AM
3 days..... start stretching

dclxvi-qas
09-06-2006, 06:20 AM
warm up the liver, stretch out the gut

i stopped listening to tool yesterday, im gonna listen to something shitty for the next few days.

3 Days!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Aaaaarrrrrrggggghhhh!!!

dclxvi-qas
09-06-2006, 08:27 AM
quick question, what does the GA Pit tickets say on them for SECTION ROW and SEAT?

is this a seated show in the pit? or do they give numbered seats and row designations?

help me please!

hehe

3 DAYS!!!!

The_Pati3nt
09-06-2006, 09:08 AM
quick question, what does the GA Pit tickets say on them for SECTION ROW and SEAT?

is this a seated show in the pit? or do they give numbered seats and row designations?

help me please!

hehe

3 DAYS!!!!

Hey - The pit is not seated - it is a completely open area. I've been in it for many shows. It's cool, because it's big enough to where you can avoid the actual mosh pits that break out, but still be close enough to catch a guitar pick.

I'll see you in there.

"Be Patient"

fortysix_and_tool
09-06-2006, 10:46 PM
I'm getting a custom t-shirt made especially for this show. It'll have "t.d.n" in blue on the front and the red Toolarmy logo on the back with "fortysix_and_tool" just above it. So if ya see me say "HI and whats up" to me and my family. \m/

"Be Patient"

Dude, I'm trying to be. Up until showtime, then I'll be like damn, slow down, dont go so freakin' fast, please!!! : )

dclxvi-qas
09-07-2006, 06:31 AM
my custom made teeshirt will say, Tool on the front and Stool on the back.

haha just joking

2 more Days!!!,

i got hotel reserves out in buttfuck Mesa, filled up the gas, cleaned out the truck and im ready to go.

any idea if someone will have an afterparty anywhere?

Are there even Metal Bars in the Valley?

Really hate to hang out at a sports bar or a country bar after the show and listen to crappy music.

begmetostay
09-07-2006, 12:42 PM
I'm supposed to be reading St. Augustine "city of god" but instead I'm on the damn tool site again. This concert can't come quick enough for my souls sake and my grades heh.

dclxvi-qas
09-07-2006, 03:15 PM
damn this thread is dead.

i guess we'll all see you there! im off tomorrow and travelng all day sat to get there.

2 Days!

begmetostay
09-07-2006, 10:15 PM
WINGS!!!!!!!!!!!!!

no_name
09-07-2006, 10:16 PM
HOW FUCKING PSYCHED UP ARE YOU NOW!!??! Damnit this is going to rock.

whooz
09-07-2006, 10:21 PM
I'm super excited! I hope they play Opiate!

art_C_me
09-08-2006, 09:09 AM
One day prior to a show is a real KILLER!..... I'm trying to get an up roar in another site... but dang! THEIR DEAD! .I.. Fkkrs.... haa...
Holy Hell.... from reading the thread from last night's show... I'm even more stoked!
-----------------> THE POT <-----------------------is what I'm jamming now.
I'll be back.... any word on gatherings? hmmm......
tailgate? anyone??? Hello??

fortysix_and_tool
09-08-2006, 09:42 AM
One day prior to a show is a real KILLER!..... I'm trying to get an up roar in another site... but dang! THEIR DEAD! .I.. Fkkrs.... haa...
Holy Hell.... from reading the thread from last night's show... I'm even more stoked!
-----------------> THE POT <-----------------------is what I'm jamming now.
I'll be back.... any word on gatherings? hmmm......
tailgate? anyone??? Hello??

Hi, sweetie!! : )

Ok, the word at Toolarmy is parking lot (tailgating), 5:30-ish, on the northside of the parking lot try to park and meet up there, bring lots of beer or whatever floats your boat. I'll try to get more specifics if possible but thats the plan up to now.

THEY PLAYED WINGS!!!!!

*crosses fingers for Phx*

It'll be good no matter what tho, its Tool and ISIS!!!! See ya there folks!!!

begmetostay
09-08-2006, 02:54 PM
28 hours!!!!!!! turn off the tool CD and wait. :)

whooz
09-08-2006, 03:42 PM
Yeah, I was trying to not listen to Tool this week but... yeah that didn't happen.

Anyway, I've read in some other reviews that sound wasn't that great in some of the arenas because they're sports arenas. Anybody know how the sound/acoustics is in Cricket?

Hydroburn42
09-08-2006, 04:48 PM
yeah, im stoked too, i cant wait for this show. it would be great if they played wings and 10,000 days. in the event someone still needs tickets, check out ticketmaster (or livenation), you can get BETTER seats right now than i have and i stood in line the morning they went on sale. livenation had section 204 row CC. i have my tickets in hand and im not going to worry about, i have decent enough seats, im just going to go and enjoy the show, no matter what they play.

art_C_me
09-08-2006, 05:29 PM
That's the spirit!!! Going to enjoy the show myself..... Grr.... Sleep, wake, go to work....meet my baby and head to the show! time is just not ticking fast enough....
I'm crossing my fingers for a 2 hr show..... but I'll take whatever is played... C YA ALL THERE!!!

just simulacra
09-08-2006, 05:55 PM
skin cabaret.

Cardinal_Syn
09-08-2006, 07:11 PM
Stinkfist
The Pot
(interlude)
Forty-Six & 2
Jambi
(interlude)
Schism
Rosetta Stoned
Intension intro
Right in Two
Wings for Marie <---------------- OH HELL YEAH!!
10,000 Days OH HEL YEAH!!!!!!!!!!!!
Lateralus
(break)
(interlude)
Vicarious
Aenema

LA SHOW THERE!!!.. We get to hear it tomarrow!!!!!

fortysix_and_tool
09-08-2006, 08:10 PM
Stinkfist
The Pot
(interlude)
Forty-Six & 2
Jambi
(interlude)
Schism
Rosetta Stoned
Intension intro
Right in Two
Wings for Marie <---------------- OH HELL YEAH!!
10,000 Days OH HEL YEAH!!!!!!!!!!!!
Lateralus
(break)
(interlude)
Vicarious
Aenema

LA SHOW THERE!!!.. We get to hear it tomarrow!!!!!

I will kiss you (in a non-[no] way) , if this happens!!! LOL

You wont be there, right? *crossin' finger you wont* LOL

Hydroburn42
09-08-2006, 08:17 PM
friday night doing homework, and saturday morning going to my science lab... dont professors know tool is coming? this is my first tool show, and fortunately i havent had much time to count down the hours. i have, however, spent to much time reading these boards, just as i did last semester trying to get tickets to gammage (i almost got a ticket for face value too, almost...). if they play wings/10,000 days tonight, then i know for sure we will get to hear it. either way, i am expecting to hear it, and the fact they followed it with lateralus last night must have just made for an incredible half hour. probably the best half hour of music anyone could possibly imagine.

Hydroburn42
09-08-2006, 08:26 PM
by the way, i am looking out for the 46&Tool shirt, so i better get to see it.

fortysix_and_tool
09-08-2006, 09:01 PM
by the way, i am looking out for the 46&Tool shirt, so i better get to see it.

Dude, Lateralus is my fav song both CD and Live!! It never lets me down!!

I''m washing that shirt as I type, gentle cold cycle of course!! It wil be scene! LOL

begmetostay
09-08-2006, 10:07 PM
LOL fortysix dude I'm not all that far away from you. I'll be looking for your shirt. If i do see you I can't scream out your screen name though. What's your real name dude? Mine is Ben

I'll be the guy with a Pink Floyd shirt on with huge lettering in the back that says "wish you were here." You and me fortysix, if the crowd sucks we're just gonna have to make up for it.... I'll be havin the time of my life.

fortysix_and_tool
09-08-2006, 10:24 PM
LOL fortysix dude I'm not all that far away from you. I'll be looking for your shirt. If i do see you I can't scream out your screen name though. What's your real name dude? Mine is Ben

I'll be the guy with a Pink Floyd shirt on with huge lettering in the back that says "wish you were here." You and me fortysix, if the crowd sucks we're just gonna have to make up for it.... I'll be havin the time of my life.

Hell yeah!! I'll TRY to be there on the westside, north parking lot, in a white Toyota 4door prerunner truck, with a big TOOL sticker on the windshield and I'll be standing right by my baby , LOL, oh and my wife, art _C_me!!! : P

JOE!!! JOE!!! scream that out I might hear ya!! LOL

I'll look out for ya tho. Pink Floyd "wish ya were here" : ) Bennnnn!!!!

begmetostay
09-09-2006, 01:27 AM
appearantly they are sick or at least maynard is sick. I don't know. I hope it doesn't ruin the concert.....

Cardinal_Syn
09-09-2006, 06:14 AM
Today is the day!!

Bummer if he is sick. :<......

Non the less it should be fun.

jake5824
09-09-2006, 08:33 AM
appearantly they are sick or at least maynard is sick. I don't know. I hope it doesn't ruin the concert.....

they should just cancel the show if they are sick, and come back at a later date

whooz
09-09-2006, 10:54 AM
Rain... :(

no_name
09-09-2006, 01:36 PM
See everyone at the show! I have a dumb question though. Will they make us go through metal detectors before entering the venue?

whooz
09-09-2006, 01:42 PM
I haven't been to Cricket, but at some other places I've gone they just ask you to empty your pockets and pat you down. I don't remember metal detectors.

fortysix_and_tool
09-09-2006, 02:04 PM
Todays the day Tool fans!!! Hope Maynard is well enough to perform tonight???

Everyone be safe and have a kick ass time!!! Hope to meet some of ya there!!!

joe

begmetostay
09-09-2006, 02:24 PM
see you all there!!!!!!!!!!!! IT'S HEREEEEE

whooz
09-09-2006, 03:54 PM
Only a few more hours!