PDA

View Full Version : Hitler Anyone?

RosettaHigh
07-24-2006, 12:22 PM
My opinion, this song could be about either Hitler, (bear with me) or, like Eulogy was, about Jesus. Let me explain:

*Here from the king's mountain view
Here from the wild dream come true
Feast like a sultan I do
On treasures and flesh, never few.*

--Ok, the kings mountain view is where Hitler lived, he had a good mountain view, and was, in a sense, the king of many countries at a point. His wild dream was the war, and the holocaust, which he was watching come true. He feasted well, and was well taken care of. The flesh part goes without saying.

*But I, I would wish it all away
If I thought I'd lose you just one day *

--However, towards the end of the war, it started to turn ugly. He may have wanted to wish it all away. Neither of his plans fully succeded, and he lost it all one day, when he killed himself.

*The devil and his had me down
In love with the dark side I fell.
Dabblin' all the way down
Up to my neck soon to drown.*

--The evils inside of him took him over, and he fell in love with his hate and his anger. He got so deep into his own dreams, that he put himself into his own water to drown in.

*But you changed that all for me
Lifted me up, turned me round
So I
I
I
I
I would
I would
I would
Wish this all away*

--So, he may either be talking to God, because Hitler was actually interested deeply in many religions. Or, he may be talking to his wife, who he married close to his death. Or, someone else that I'm not qute deep enough to figure out. And again, he wants to wish all that had happend away so he wouldnt be this far down the spiral.

*Prayed like a (martyr?/Father?) dusk til dawn
Begged like a hooker all night long
Tempted the devil with my song
And got what I wanted all along*

--He Prayed and begged within himself to make his plan work, and almost made a deal with the devil when he began his plans. He tempted the devil by seducing all of germany with his charisma, and his beliefs of hate and power. So, the devil could either be Germany, or just any of his followers. And so, he got what he wanted all along. He wanted death for these people, in the war and in the camps, and thats what he ended up with. His own death.

*But I
And I would
If I could
And I would
Wish it away
Wish it away
Wish it all away
Wanna wish it all away
No cross you could hold
Sway or justify my kneeling away
my sin*

--Again, wishing it away. He is saying that there is no way anyone can tell him he was right, or wrong. People may have seen him as a hypocrite for praying in his own mind, but he's saying that he can kneel away his sin if he wants to.

*So if I could I'd wish it all away
If I thought tomorrow would take you away
You're my peace of mind, my home, my center
I'm just trying to hold on
One more day*

--Here, hes most likely talking about his wife, who he married close to his death. He doesnt want her to be taken away while he is there, hes trying to hold on, to marry her, just one more day. Later on, after he marries her, he does put poison in her drink, to her request, giving her the peaceful death, then shooting himself. (Ironic, no?)

*Dam(n) my eyes
Jam bi eyes*

--He doesnt want to see her die. He wants his eyes jammed, and most likely dammed, so he doesnt see her dead.

*Dam(n) my eyes if they should
Compromise our fulcrum
Want and need; if I need it
Then I might as well be gone*

--Shut my eyes if the allies should destroy our bond, our center, which he called her earlier. He needs her, and he knows he wont have her soon, so he might as well be gone.

*Shine on forever
Shine on benevolent sun (son?)*

--Not totally sure, but may be talking still about his wife, or about his plans still, but not sure.

*Shine down upon the broken
Shine until the two become one*

--Shine upon his broken cities and camps, and untill they become one and happen again. That's my guess. Not sure again.

*Shine on forever
Shine on benevolent sun*

--Same

*Shine down upon the severed

--Same

*Divided I'm withering away
Divided I'm withering away*

--Divided, meaning either the people, or his plans, depending on whether or not he sees what he did as wrong finally, or if he still embraces his evil.

*Shine on upon the many
Light our way
Benevolent sun*

--Same as before, almost.

*Breathe in union
Breathe in union
Breathe in union
Breathe in union
Breathe in union
So as one survive
Another day and season*

--Not sure what breathe in union is, but maybe calling for another reich?

*Silence legions, save your poison.
Silence leeches, stay out of my way.*

--Save your poison, his wifes. He, at the end of the song, never realizes that what he did WAS wrong, and he still is in love with evil, back to the way he was. And then, commits suicide.

So, thats my theory. Or just an idea. This song is really cool, and could have a lot of other meanings as well, like most other Tool masterpieces. So, any opinions?

Liquid Ashes
07-24-2006, 01:56 PM
Thats a pretty cool interpretation. This song is really too broad to make a distinction that it is about a historical figure. There are a lot of parallels like you said. Overall I think your trying to make something fit that isnt there but not bad thinking.

RosettaHigh
07-24-2006, 02:04 PM
Yeah, I agree. I don't think that it's exactly what the song is about, but it just goes to show that there could be a lot of different meanings to it. Or something in that sense. It reminds me a lot of Eulogy when broken down into lyrics like that.

scaredsquirrel
07-24-2006, 03:05 PM
Eulogy was NOT about Jesus

RosettaHigh
07-24-2006, 03:25 PM
Exactly. Not directly about him, but obviously tied to his story in some way. If the song is tied to the story, you have that thinking in you when you listen to it. Although Jambi is obviously not about Hitler, it could be about something related to the IDEA of Hitler, just as Eulogy was, about Jesus.

AMF
07-24-2006, 03:44 PM
It's all how you interpret it. Right and wrong doesn't exist.

No one and nobody
07-24-2006, 04:00 PM
Exactly. Not directly about him, but obviously tied to his story in some way. If the song is tied to the story, you have that thinking in you when you listen to it. Although Jambi is obviously not about Hitler, it could be about something related to the IDEA of Hitler, just as Eulogy was, about Jesus.

Or your own personal beliefs and biases could lead you to see whatever you like in any subject vague enough to encompass them.

TurdEye13
07-24-2006, 04:03 PM
This is so far of a strech its not even funny

M.Luther
07-24-2006, 04:10 PM
This song is really cool, and could have a lot of other meanings as well, like most other Tool masterpieces.

this line bothers me the most.

eulogy508
07-24-2006, 04:27 PM

Caduceus11
07-24-2006, 05:23 PM
start with the song title...what does 'jambi' mean>? Go from there...

LetGoLetgoLetGo
07-24-2006, 05:51 PM
Eulogy was NOT about Jesus. It has been reported to be about L. Ron Hubbard.

With that in mind.....Jambi about Hitler? I dont know. But this is why I love MJK's lyrical style....his words are very open to interpretation.

Towely
07-24-2006, 06:29 PM
I thought that we, "the Royal we", have concluded that this song was about his son

Brian_S
07-24-2006, 06:32 PM
The lyrics used are so vague you could almost replace Hitler with anyone.

No one and nobody
07-24-2006, 06:38 PM
Eulogy was NOT about Jesus. It has been reported to be about L. Ron Hubbard.

Are you guys retarded? Bill Hicks, the comedian and "painfully honest political philosopher" on the inside cover of Aenima, who was very vocal in his position in life, and friend of the band that toured with them in 92 on Lollapalooza... died in 1994. Search for "Bill Hicks Tool," and take a few minutes to learn about what the air smells like with your heads out of your asses.

Liquid Ashes
07-25-2006, 08:42 AM

If you know anything about Hitler it really isnt.

lokiate
07-25-2006, 09:04 AM
start with the song title...what does 'jambi' mean>? Go from there...
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Jambi

Here's a start......

fabienne78
07-25-2006, 11:59 AM
Goddamn we dutch are assholes.

Terry21
07-25-2006, 12:15 PM
Are you guys retarded? Bill Hicks, the comedian and "painfully honest political philosopher" on the inside cover of Aenima, who was very vocal in his position in life, and friend of the band that toured with them in 92 on Lollapalooza... died in 1994. Search for "Bill Hicks Tool," and take a few minutes to learn about what the air smells like with your heads out of your asses.

When did Bill Hicks tell Maynard he would die for him?
When did L. Ron Hubbard tell Maynard he would die for him?
When did Jesus tell... well, possibly when they found each other.

Or is this "die-for-me" thing some crazy metaphor that I don't get?

It could be about Jesus in the perspective of Judas. It's about a living person. Maybe also a friend of Maynard. The lyrics witzh this "Martyr" thing and "dying" are way more complicated than it seems.

Squishy
07-25-2006, 12:49 PM
The song's most likely about Maynard himself and his son. You may be able to argue it's about somebody else, but I doubt it. But HITLER? DUDE, WTF?

"Tempted the devil with my song"? Did Hitler sing in an Aryan boyband?

"Treasures of flesh"? Did Hitler have a secret bunny ranch with sexy German Mädels in the Führerbunker that never gets mentioned in history classes?

"But you changed that all for me, lifted me up, turned me round." Such a luck! Imagine Hitler wouldn't have been "lifted" from the "dark side" and "turned around", who knows what might have happened? He might have killed millions!

No one and nobody
07-25-2006, 01:04 PM

It could be about Jesus in the perspective of Judas. It's about a living person. Maybe also a friend of Maynard. The lyrics witzh this "Martyr" thing and "dying" are way more complicated than it seems.

Considering that Bill Hicks knew he was dying of lung cancer (a large portion of his comedy was about smoking, and Dennis Leary ripped off his act), he finished his days as if he were a martyr (for those who smoked, for those who argued against Pres Bush waging war in Iraq [strangley ironic], to those dealing with masses of idiots, and for those that spoke out against Christianity and its influence in every aspect of modern life [his 12th appearance on the Late Show with Letterman was cut due to a joke about the cross])...

So long.
We wish you well.
You told us how you weren't afraid to die.
Well then, so long.
Don't cry.
Or feel too down.
Not all martyrs see divinity.
But at least you tried.

Granted, this is all opinion, but at least mine makes relevant sense... if someone else would like to post anything that actually backs their statement, I'm waiting...

No one and nobody
07-25-2006, 01:19 PM
For reference, you can check the Eulogy forum in the albums section... most of what is being muttered here has already been argued there as well.

without judgement
07-25-2006, 07:01 PM
eulogy is about the agents

implandnoises
07-25-2006, 08:03 PM
It is quite clear that Eulogy is about Mr. U. Lodgy and Jambi is about Mr. Jam B.

Caduceus11
07-25-2006, 08:35 PM
oh c'mon! Get serious

Mozeley
07-25-2006, 10:34 PM

If you look over on the Eulogy forum it is written that Maynard has actually said that the song was about Aleister Crowley. Someone who did actually say that he would "die for you".

But anyway, this is the Jambi forum.

Warartist
07-26-2006, 05:42 AM
I didn't think Hitler had a wife.

Warartist
07-26-2006, 05:47 AM
If he did, he probably didn't like her enough to wish all that power away. I don't think he had much remorse about what he did. I think he died believing it was good.

Warartist
07-26-2006, 05:56 AM
I thought that we, "the Royal we", have concluded that this song was about his son

Who are "the Royal we"? They are wrong.... Didn't they get the memo?

eslupminoyler
07-26-2006, 06:02 AM
My opinion, this song could be about either Hitler, (bear with me) or, like Eulogy was, about Jesus. Let me explain:

*Here from the king's mountain view
Here from the wild dream come true
Feast like a sultan I do
On treasures and flesh, never few.*

--Ok, the kings mountain view is where Hitler lived, he had a good mountain view, and was, in a sense, the king of many countries at a point. His wild dream was the war, and the holocaust, which he was watching come true. He feasted well, and was well taken care of. The flesh part goes without saying.

--However, towards the end of the war, it started to turn ugly. He may have wanted to wish it all away. Neither of his plans fully succeded, and he lost it all one day, when he killed himself.

--The evils inside of him took him over, and he fell in love with his hate and his anger. He got so deep into his own dreams, that he put himself into his own water to drown in.

*But you changed that all for me
Lifted me up, turned me round
So I
I
I
I
I would
I would
I would
Wish this all away*

--So, he may either be talking to God, because Hitler was actually interested deeply in many religions. Or, he may be talking to his wife, who he married close to his death. Or, someone else that I'm not qute deep enough to figure out. And again, he wants to wish all that had happend away so he wouldnt be this far down the spiral.

*Prayed like a (martyr?/Father?) dusk til dawn
Begged like a hooker all night long
Tempted the devil with my song
And got what I wanted all along*

--He Prayed and begged within himself to make his plan work, and almost made a deal with the devil when he began his plans. He tempted the devil by seducing all of germany with his charisma, and his beliefs of hate and power. So, the devil could either be Germany, or just any of his followers. And so, he got what he wanted all along. He wanted death for these people, in the war and in the camps, and thats what he ended up with. His own death.

*But I
And I would
If I could
And I would
Wish it away
Wish it away
Wish it all away
Wanna wish it all away
No cross you could hold
Sway or justify my kneeling away
my sin*

--Again, wishing it away. He is saying that there is no way anyone can tell him he was right, or wrong. People may have seen him as a hypocrite for praying in his own mind, but he's saying that he can kneel away his sin if he wants to.

*So if I could I'd wish it all away
If I thought tomorrow would take you away
You're my peace of mind, my home, my center
I'm just trying to hold on
One more day*

--Here, hes most likely talking about his wife, who he married close to his death. He doesnt want her to be taken away while he is there, hes trying to hold on, to marry her, just one more day. Later on, after he marries her, he does put poison in her drink, to her request, giving her the peaceful death, then shooting himself. (Ironic, no?)

*Dam(n) my eyes
Jam bi eyes*

--He doesnt want to see her die. He wants his eyes jammed, and most likely dammed, so he doesnt see her dead.

*Dam(n) my eyes if they should
Compromise our fulcrum
Want and need; if I need it
Then I might as well be gone*

--Shut my eyes if the allies should destroy our bond, our center, which he called her earlier. He needs her, and he knows he wont have her soon, so he might as well be gone.

*Shine on forever
Shine on benevolent sun (son?)*

--Not totally sure, but may be talking still about his wife, or about his plans still, but not sure.

*Shine down upon the broken

--Shine upon his broken cities and camps, and untill they become one and happen again. That's my guess. Not sure again.

*Shine on forever
Shine on benevolent sun*

--Same

*Shine down upon the severed

--Same

*Divided I'm withering away
Divided I'm withering away*

--Divided, meaning either the people, or his plans, depending on whether or not he sees what he did as wrong finally, or if he still embraces his evil.

*Shine on upon the many
Light our way
Benevolent sun*

--Same as before, almost.

*Breathe in union
Breathe in union
Breathe in union
Breathe in union
Breathe in union
So as one survive
Another day and season*

--Not sure what breathe in union is, but maybe calling for another reich?

*Silence legions, save your poison.
Silence leeches, stay out of my way.*

--Save your poison, his wifes. He, at the end of the song, never realizes that what he did WAS wrong, and he still is in love with evil, back to the way he was. And then, commits suicide.

So, thats my theory. Or just an idea. This song is really cool, and could have a lot of other meanings as well, like most other Tool masterpieces. So, any opinions?

I liked your post, and thought well of it; however, this is an occasion of our own fascination and fixation causing a truth to form out of an indirect and incoherent polar relativity. Want me to explain?
Clearly you are fascinated with Hitler. Because of that, you found the lyrics and music a direct reference to your own fascination. But from my perspective, I'm not saying I disliked your opinion, it is a thin correspondence. That is a thin possible relativity between Hitler and this song.
I too am a bit fascinated with Hitler, but I don't see how he ever had the will or initiative to fend off his own demons. If anything, he loved them. They made his deviant malcontent that much more cunning.

Caduceus11
07-26-2006, 05:36 PM
yea, I think Maynard speaks of more current events and issues.

Terry21
07-26-2006, 07:26 PM
For reference, you can check the Eulogy forum in the albums section... most of what is being muttered here has already been argued there as well.

Yes and I'm actually pretty sure that my statements are pretty new and they're good. :P To back my statement a little up, the lyrics of APCs "The Noose" are pretty similar to what I think Eulogy is about. Some kind of grudge against religious people that think they are better than others. And I still don't get the "die for me" part. I think it could either be a metaphor for just being a good friend, or something a very religious person is really saying. It could be about Bill Hicks though. Or Hitler. Whatever.

implandnoises
07-26-2006, 11:10 PM
oh c'mon! Get serious
no

implandnoises
07-26-2006, 11:14 PM
yeah, he had a woman. what was her name? hold on I will look it up. Oh yeah, Eva Braun. Yeah, and he convinced her to kill herself as he killed himself, the evil fuck.

She has been called "the unhappiest woman in Germany"

But no, I don't think Jambi is about Hitler.

Warartist
07-27-2006, 05:31 AM
I know he fooled around with her, but I didn't think they were married.

Matt8
07-27-2006, 06:39 AM
eulogy was about L. Ron Hubbard

mr. nikki jensen
07-27-2006, 06:51 AM
I don't think Jambi is about Hitler.

truly not

Terry21
07-27-2006, 09:16 AM

It's about L. Fuck Fucktard.

wearethestories
07-28-2006, 09:32 AM
It's all how you interpret it. Right and wrong DOESN'T exist.
no... but the GRAMMAR POLICE DO!!!

(right and wrong DO exist... and even if they didn't, [somehow] they'd both pay someone to club you in the back of the skull for insulting the language you speak/write)

wearethestories
07-28-2006, 09:33 AM
and that's about how relevant this thread is to anything ever...

GRAMMAR POLICE

*damn*

Terry21
07-28-2006, 09:36 AM
GRAMMAR POLICE

You must have been out your mind.

ArizonaBay
07-30-2006, 03:35 AM

Listen to more of Bill's comedy and you will start rto understand where this martyrdom idea comes in. He flat out refused to compromise his stance on anything at the expense of what could have been an illustrious career.

paraflux
07-31-2006, 01:08 PM
thinking that Eulogy is "about" anyone in particular is irresponsible

æmoeba•°·.
07-31-2006, 01:28 PM
thinking that Eulogy is "about" anyone in particular is irresponsible

It may be irresponsible, but, I had thought it was the "getting rid of" Paul D'Amour, hence: "Get off your fucking cross, we need the fucking space..", and then depicting Justin coming into the band, hence: "To nail the next fool martyr..".

-Andrew

blair's man sausage
07-31-2006, 01:28 PM
funny thread...

Tkotchek
07-31-2006, 01:55 PM
i may not be well regarded by any of you yet but i would like to add my two cents anyway. if u can say that jambi is about hitler you can say it is about any dictator/ruler/president/ in the history of the world. i think there is more of a personal/relationship meaning to the song. in my opinion this song is about being at a certain place in ones life and attaining a certain level of being/living and the one person who was responsible for the support, guidance and nurturing (in maynards case his mother) it took to get to that level, is being lost. I think its about dealing with the loss of someone who has lifted from the bottom and been your rock . the person responsible for the strength you have in yourself. losing that isnt worth anything you have because of it....

by the way...bill hicks and jesus are the same being, think about it

Warartist
07-31-2006, 05:22 PM
i may not be well regarded by any of you yet but i would like to add my two cents anyway. if u can say that jambi is about hitler you can say it is about any dictator/ruler/president/ in the history of the world. i think there is more of a personal/relationship meaning to the song. in my opinion this song is about being at a certain place in ones life and attaining a certain level of being/living and the one person who was responsible for the support, guidance and nurturing (in maynards case his mother) it took to get to that level, is being lost. I think its about dealing with the loss of someone who has lifted from the bottom and been your rock . the person responsible for the strength you have in yourself. losing that isnt worth anything you have because of it....

by the way...bill hicks and jesus are the same being, think about it

I must disagree. I think people are going a little overboard with the mom/kid theme in this album. Wings is about mom right? It doesn't mean the rest of the album is as well... It isn't about Hitler either....
M.

Tkotchek
08-01-2006, 02:14 PM
I must disagree. I think people are going a little overboard with the mom/kid theme in this album. Wings is about mom right? It doesn't mean the rest of the album is as well... It isn't about Hitler either....
M.
my point being i think it was mom /son in his case but the lyrics, in my opinion, touch upon loss and/or dealing with mortality, or the loss of a definative relationship

ObiJohnKenobi
08-03-2006, 02:15 PM
jambi is about my son

eulogy is about my father

i dunno where all this crap about, maynard james keenan, bill hicks, jesus and hitler is coming from. i don't even know them for chrissakes

by the way, while we're on this sort of subject, Right in Two is about this problem I had in the Express Lane at the local grocery store back in '03. Fuggin guy took half a bag of tortellini from me... or was it ravioli?

kyounshi
08-07-2006, 12:17 AM
Invoking Godwin's Law in the thread title? Not bad.

FatherMuck
08-07-2006, 12:25 AM
That just goes to show that Godwin's law is wrong . . .

FatherMuck
08-07-2006, 12:26 AM
Invoking Godwin's Law in the thread title? Not bad.

lol. I didn't see this, sorry.

JE Mack
08-07-2006, 07:09 AM
did you guys READ that eulogy is "about" L. Ron Hubbard? Or did you just deduce that? Because that'd be kind of a dissapointment for me. He's not that important of a person, why would the band focus that much on him? Plus that doesn't really fit with a lot of the lyrics, IMHO. and i think jambi is about maynard, not hitler.

No one and nobody
08-10-2006, 08:31 PM
Because he is mentioned in the Undertow and AEnima cover and they said that he is one of the inspirations for them?

A destructive inspiration...

black_rose
08-10-2006, 11:35 PM
Nah.

Terry21
08-11-2006, 02:58 AM
Even if god, uhm, sorry Maynard wrote the lyrics to be universal for everybody, there is still a meaning to it from Maynard. And I wanna know it. I won't say "it's about my glass of apple juice".

eternalnuisance.com
09-20-2006, 09:34 PM

Um, Eva Braun ring a bell?

Mr. Electric Ocean
09-21-2006, 08:30 AM

There is possible evidence pointing to that Hitler was gay and the wife was a cover up or good friend because he didnt want to show any weaknesses.

eternalnuisance.com
09-21-2006, 12:32 PM
He wasn't a homosexual, he was a sado-masochist, meaning he got sexual pleasure from pain inflicted on either him, the person he was having the sex with, or both.

Kelly
09-21-2006, 01:37 PM

haha

oneredflag
09-22-2006, 08:46 PM
maybe it is about his son

TheJuiceOfSatan
09-23-2006, 06:44 AM
i say youre on drugs. hitler? come the fuck on man. but at least you can think i guess. just think about what youre thinking about.

JakeMness
09-23-2006, 11:16 PM
i think oneredflag is right, or maybe it is one of those songs like H.

tooltyme
09-24-2006, 01:04 AM
Eulogy is about Henry Rollins

It has to be about him or Grape Ape .

Because Grape Ape had alot of nothing to say .

Gajarigon
09-24-2006, 01:13 AM
Feast like a sultan I do
On treasures and flesh, never few.

Wasn't Hitler a vegetarian?

Convoy_X
09-24-2006, 03:29 PM

You could apply this to any one who is evil and has a change of heart...

Hell, I could put events of my life in there and it would make just as much sense...

Wings10000Days
09-25-2006, 05:59 AM
Wasn't Hitler a vegetarian?

Hitler had two girlfriends before he married Eva Braun, and they both committed suicide. One jumped off of a building, and the other shot themself. That's why Hitler became a vegetarian, because he said that meat reminded him of his dead girlfriend's corpse. I believe he had a third girlfriend that also committed suicide, but I'm not entirely sure.

Squishy
09-25-2006, 10:24 AM
Hitler had two girlfriends before he married Eva Braun, and they both committed suicide. One jumped off of a building, and the other shot themself. That's why Hitler became a vegetarian, because he said that meat reminded him of his dead girlfriend's corpse. I believe he had a third girlfriend that also committed suicide, but I'm not entirely sure.

Jeez, do you guys just make this crap up? He was a vegetarian because he thought meat was unhealthy and caused him lots of stomach problems.

There's not much known about Hitler's sexlife, but that's just because he was a very asexual person. He very likely was

- not gay
- not a sado-masochist
- not involved in many sexual relations besides Eva Braun (and even they would sleep in separate beds)

No one and nobody
09-25-2006, 01:26 PM
he was a pre-modern 40 yr old virgin

27 Years
09-25-2006, 02:21 PM
It's about not over analyzing...

Convoy_X
09-25-2006, 02:24 PM
It's about not over analyzing...

Over thinking, over analyzing separates the body from the mind.
Withering my intuition, missing opportunities and I must
Feed my will to feel my moment drawing way outside the lines....

Damn you called it.

Chronicle0
09-26-2006, 04:57 AM

It's been quoted that it's not just about L. Ron. All matyrs according to Danny[?].

Back on topic, i really doubt this is about Hitler.. we all have our own thoughts about songs but i'll have to say this one is way too far off.

Wings10000Days
09-26-2006, 02:50 PM
Jeez, do you guys just make this crap up? He was a vegetarian because he thought meat was unhealthy and caused him lots of stomach problems.

There's not much known about Hitler's sexlife, but that's just because he was a very asexual person. He very likely was

- not gay
- not a sado-masochist
- not involved in many sexual relations besides Eva Braun (and even they would sleep in separate beds)

Ok smart guy, because I didn't do a 15 minute speech about him in speech class, quoted from one of many sites, this particular one being from www.spartacus.schoolnet.co.uk; "One consequence of Geli's (his ex-girlfriend who shot herself) suicide was that Hitler became a vegetarian. He claimed that meat now reminded him of Geli's corpse." While I'm not contradicting your statement, saying that it's incorrect, because yours is also true I believe, it doesn't mean that was the only reason why he didn't eat meat.

Squishy
09-26-2006, 04:23 PM
While I'm not contradicting your statement, saying that it's incorrect, because yours is also true I believe, it doesn't mean that was the only reason why he didn't eat meat.

fair enough

deuceman
09-27-2006, 06:39 AM
Bill Hicks did NOT die of lung cancer, he died of cancer of the pancreas. Which, from what I've read, is linked to smoking also......but nevertheless, for the sake of accuracy, just wanted to clear that up.

Would like to say more, but I am going outside to smoke.

deuceman
09-27-2006, 07:46 AM
Pancreatic cancer is also one of the most aggressive types of cancer, and has one of the lowest recovery rates. It is, basically, incurable.

And by the way, nice theory (not really), but Jambi has nothing to do with Hitler, as far as I can telll.

duncang
09-27-2006, 07:53 AM
It is, basically, incurable.

All cancer is incurable.

iAMtheMA!
09-27-2006, 09:26 AM
that's the spirit! :D

deuceman
09-28-2006, 03:07 AM
All cancer is incurable.

Not necessarily. People do survive cancer, more today than ever before, so that would indicate it can be cured. Maybe sent into remission, don't know (won't know).

Torgo
09-28-2006, 08:47 PM
tool lazy to check if this has already been stated, but this song could honestly be about any person... ever. Its a transfiguration of the soul due to... dare I say, loss? You could put your step-brother in here if he was losing his wife...

eternalnuisance.com
09-30-2006, 08:28 PM
maybe it is about his son Maynards son is Hitler?